[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he retarded? Is he a troll? Is he a contrarian? Is he an autist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 20

File: so contrarian his name is white.jpg (585KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
so contrarian his name is white.jpg
585KB, 1050x1050px
Is he retarded? Is he a troll? Is he a contrarian? Is he an autist? What the fuck is wrong with Armond White?
>>
He is with out a doubt the dullest critic in the history of movie critics. Seriously, each episode following the boy reviewer and his pals from Rotten Tomatoes as they watch assorted movies has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the reviews’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of insight, all to make films unmagical, to make cinema seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Armond vetoed the idea of Ebert writing the reviews; he made sure the critiquing would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his conservatism. The Armond White movie reviews might be anti-Muslim (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Cole Smithey in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the recommendations are good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the reviews were terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time Harry Potter came up, the critic wrote instead that the franchise was "dull."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Armond's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving analysis by the same Doug Walker. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Armond White at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch the Nostalgia Critic." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Armond White" you are, in fact, trained to watch the Nostalgia Critic.
>>
>>84746874
he's a pleb filter
some of his "good" movies are actually bad, but these are generally inoffensive and irrelevant flicks he uses to make social commentary. you haven't even watched 90% of the movies he's given a good review to.
>>
he's a professional shitposter, he's not even gay
>>
Can you explain in detail(like how he explains why these films are good) why hes wrong?
>>
>>84746874
Yes
>>
File: 1498397736301.png (269KB, 445x334px) Image search: [Google]
1498397736301.png
269KB, 445x334px
>>84746874
Not liking Mad Max. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING. He is really a shit poster in real life.
>>
>>84746874
There's only one good movie in that pic and it's Zodiac
>>
>>84747337
yep
>>
>>84747178
Chuck and Larry isn't a modern classic by any measure of the word. The movie doesn't even have a cult following.

These are facts

Chuck and Larry has far less nerve than all three of the movies he listed in other homosexual themed movies. Slapstick is neither considered a high-tier of humor, thought-provoking, or boundary-pushing. Take a movie like The Birdcage and study how they tackle religion, morality, societal pressure, and other themes that Chuck and Larry largely ignore.

That's why he's wrong.
>>
>>84747404
>in other

and other*

Still hungover.
>>
>>84746874
>hey everybody i watched dunkey today
>>
>>84747069
Correct
>>
>>84746874
https://youtu.be/lG2dXobAXLI?t=2m30s
>>
>>84747306
>liking mad max

pleb
>>
>>84746874
You should read his suicide squad review where he explains how the pop songs were actually subtle political statements
>>
I was surprised dunkey was aware of Armond lol I wonder if he posts on here
>>
File: IMG_8801.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8801.gif
903KB, 300x200px
He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.
>>
>>84746874
Psycho Mantis?
>>
>>84746874
>WAAAAAAHHH HOW DARE SOMEONE LIKE SOMETHING I DISLIKE!!
yes it's called opinions, people have them.
>>
>>84747794
he's a troll.
>>
>>84746874
Man of Steel i would say is the godfather of superhero movies. outstanding film im surprised marvel managed to manipulate the people into hating it.
it's like RLM making everyone hate the prequels again.
>>
>>84747794
it's called having garbage opinions, which he seems to have.
>>
>>84747926
apart from some of the actors doing the best they can with the shitty materiel they had, the movie is pure shite.

It starts off by trying to make Jor-El into some fucking action hero riding a dragon (!) on Krypton, and it continued in that same contrived way throughout the entire film, which of course includes the hilarious scene with Kevin Costner as Superman's dad telling him to let him die just to make a totally pathetic point...

Only part of the movie I enjoyed somewhat was the fight in Smallville (at least I think it was), the drawn out and totally tiresome fight against Zod at the end had me tune out completely, oh, I have an idea, let's crash through a building, and again, and again...

The story was something out of a ten minute fan-fiction contest with it's insanely forced plot devices.

Oh, and that fucking blue-green tint on every scene.... wtf...
>>
>>84747751
>Disliking TWBB.
>Liking IJ4

It's not even funny anymore.
>>
File: jar jars escapades.webm (3MB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
jar jars escapades.webm
3MB, 1024x435px
>>84747926
yes, it's RLM's fault that people dislike the prequels
>>
>moredunkey
>>
>>84748028
>TWBB
TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.
>>
>>84747926
I actually like Man of Steel, but it's not really a Superman movie. The prequels were shit, however. Stop trying to pretend they weren't or that it was because of bunch of teens so RLM. I watched them in theaters. It wasn't good.
>>
I still love him and always will for his ability to trigger faggots but not liking Mad Max is just inexcusable
>>
>>84748004
tldr stick to marvelflicks kid.
>>
>>84748055
Provide actual critiques and not just glib insults.
>>
>>84747925
he seems to be very successful then seeing how he triggers everyone all the time. regardless, learn to take an opinion
>>
>>84746874
Every conservative film critic I've read (Armond, Douthat, Podhoretz, Bunch) spent more time pontificating on the perceived politics of a movie rather than the plot or the cinematography or the acting.
>>
>>84748103
:^)
>>
>>84748104
PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.

Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.
>>
>>84748156
nobody really cares about him outside this Himalayan finger-painting forum.

and even then it's just irony and memes, no one takes him seriously.
>>
File: IMG_8816.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8816.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>84748213
>Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time
>>
>>84748235
the more you post about him the more I'm convinced about it! :^) I'm sure you're not mad he trashed your pleb film!!
>>
>>84748213
So your entire reasoning for why TWBB isn't good is that the director is inspired by other people (i.e. every director that ever existed).

Are you just trolling or going to pretend directors like Kubrick weren't heavily inspired by others (e.g. Kurosawa), as well?
>>
he's a contrarian

why the fuck do you think he's /ourguy/?
>>
Does he like TFA
>>
>>84748324
Everyone hates him because he doesn't like reddit movies. or marvel movies which are the equivalent of cheeto movies.
you need to understand the man doesn't perceive film as you and i do. he isn't simply won over by explosions and quips. he looks at it from a different point of view and deconstructs a films entire meaning, ideology, influences and it's impact on society.

he'll go down as one of the all time great critics.
>>
>>84748288
ok
>>
>>84746874
The Last Knight was kino though
>>
>>84747374
pulp fiction is better than zodiac
>>
>>84748356
Depends, did everyone else like it?
>>
>>84748383
see>>84747751

It's more about what he likes than what he dislikes.
>>
>>84748383
yeah man

Jack and Jill is defo a good movie

deep meaning and ideology for sure
>>
>>84748213
>through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls
ummm, they won't though
>>
>>84748436
you don't even know which movies he likes. these are a small part of them that every idiot keeps reposting. they're not in the imdb top 250 though, so you'll never watch them to know whether he's right or not... :/
>>
>>84748283
>>84748310
It's a pasta some guy spammed every day for almost a year a few years back on /tv/
>>
>>84746900
Kek
Also checked
>>
>>84746874
He is a mix of all. He definitely is not retarded tho. If there are no critics that like shit movies then art would be considered an exact science and not something subjective.
>>
find me one review where he doesn't mention politics. conservatives, obama or 9/11
>>
>>84746874
He's just being a contrarian. Nothing more.

He does't mean a word he says.
>>
>>84748493
>G.I. Joe
>Jack and Jill
>Transformers 2
>Jack and Jill
>Fantastic 4
>Jack and Jill
>>
>>84746874
the fact that you're even talking about that transparently contrarian hack just shows his strategy is working.

He only cares about disrupting the public conversation. His values are completely aligned with that and nothing else. Being a contrarian is probably the only reason why he's even gay lol.
>>
File: cityofghosts.png (253KB, 929x387px) Image search: [Google]
cityofghosts.png
253KB, 929x387px
How long do they have before /ourguy/ gets to them?
>>
>>84748581
>he's black
>last name is white
>>
>>84747751
Honestly, Live Free or Die Hard is the best sequel
>>
He's a conservative critic who actually understands film. so no surprise the industry is against him.
>>
>By trying to outdo James Cameron, Peter Jackson, and Christopher Nolan, (Michael) Bay must have forgotten that he used to be the superior artist.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448901/baby-driver-almost-great-beguiled-hipsterdom-last-knight-pyrotechnics

This man is a genuine idiot.
>>
>>84748720
>Jack and Jill
>>
>>84748565
hurr I'm talking about all the other ones nobody ever mentions
>>
>>84747751
GI Joe is totally fucking awesome tho, at least he's right about that
>>
>>84748793
Bay is one of the best modern directors. of course plebs jump on bandwagon to hate him. just like Snyder.
>>
>>84748825
hurr that makes those choices or his nonsensical reasoning totally ok
>>
>>84748844
>the bandwagon is always wrong
you're not a special snowflake. you just have shit taste.
>>
>>84748854
it's only a few movies. he has hundreds of reviews
>>
>>84746900
Lmao
>>
>>84747751
>prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers
This is the objectively correct opinion though, the first Transformers is terrible but the second had quality BAYHEM.
>>
>>84748893
look at this list again, contrarian faggot: >>84747751
>>
File: angry-reddit-robot.gif (27KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
angry-reddit-robot.gif
27KB, 630x354px
heh.. he's a contrarian except for all the times that he agrees with the tomatometer (1/2)!!!! I choose to ignore those because he usually dislikes my favorite garbage action flicks. I am, indeed, butthurt!
>>
>>84748956
Get the fuck out
>>
>>84748893
I'm not going to dig my hands into a pile of elephant shit on the off-chance that there are a fucking rubies underneath.
>>
>>84748283
He absolutely is though.
>>
>>84746874
>dunkey
summer fags
>>
>>84748844
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

no
>>
>>84746874
>defending Meme Fiction
>defending Me Me Land
>defending Meme Max: Memey Road
>defending Meme Up
>defending Memeball
>defending Memelight
>defending The Social Meme
>defending The Meme Knight
>defending Meme Story 3
>defending Up in the Meme
>defending Memeiac
all of these flicks are absolute garbage deserving of bad reviews, which they got from other respectable reviewers not just Armond

if you have any positive feelings towards any of them i suggest that you pack your bags and go on a upboat hunt to you know were
>>
>>84749022
Zack Snyder says hi
>>
>>84748996
his "disliked" make up for his "liked" :^)
>>
>>84749011
I don't mind he dislikes films I like. I get perplexed by him when he tries to justify Jack and Jill existing more than anything.
>>
>>84749054
>using the word meme as an argument

opinion invalided and trashed and forgotten.
>>
>>84749068
Stop.
>>
>>84748890
>>84749040
Sure is summerfag in here
>>
>>84749126
go away, Armond.
>>
>>84749083
he doesn't though. he's just talking about political bullshit in these reviews just to create controversy. he trusts his readers to know better than to expect much from an adam sandler movie.
>>
>>84749023
And yet, you watched the video the day it came out.
>>
File: american-psycho-hero.jpg (24KB, 586x330px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-hero.jpg
24KB, 586x330px
>>84746900
Nice
>>
>>84749096
i'm using it to mock the pathetic excuses for films in OP's pic you sillly manchild
>>
>>84748444
Armond likes Adam Sandler movies because he thinks their themes are sincere and Romantic. It's true that Jack and Jill and The Cobbler aren't even that bad famalam. It's clear that the overwhelmingly negative reviews are due to cynicism.
>>
>>84749266
There is only one joke in Jack and Jill that made me laugh and I am the type of person that gets hysterical over Jackass.

For a comedy movie, that is a bad thing.
>>
>>84749152
Never claimed not to be a summer fag myself. How you doing fellow fag
>>
I like donkey
>>
>>84749266
sorry but I flicked past Jack and Jill while channel surfing and NOTHING about that was sincere or romantic. In fact if you watch any interview with Sandler you can see how insincere his moviemaking intentions are. He's cashing in on terrible ideas to make money and go on vacation
>>
Based black man! Praise Kek!
>>
File: 1486788974818.gif (328KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1486788974818.gif
328KB, 1000x773px
>>84749054
>>
>>84749435
cringe
>>
I don't understand how anyone could deny that he's a contrarian, I mean he doesn't even have an annual best of list, he has a "better than" list
>>
>>84749463
Back2reddit numale cuck fag
#MAGA
>>
>don't read his reviews
>don't care about the point he's actually making
>just see if it has a positive or negative score

This is why film isn't your hobby. Go back to your video games please.
>>
>>84749435
>armond has been part of 4chan and /tv/ longer than you
how does it feel?
>>
>>84748996
all the "films" that faggot mentioned are bad though cuck-o
>>
>>84749011
He crashed Rotten Tomatoes and got comments disabled by causing enough violent anger for ruining the perfect score of a movie that wasn't even out, nobody getting that upset had even seen it yet.
He's necessary.
>>84748517
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1496018131890.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1496018131890.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>84749388
He just wants to leave his children a good life. The man still dresses in the same K-Mart clothes he bought in 1992. It's tragic, really- a brilliant artist making populist pieces rather than expressing himself fully to bring a profound joy to the masses without exploiting them, and in the process, securing a future for his children. It's as heavy as Death of a Salesman.
>>
>>84747481
I dont think you have to link that, he clearly made this thread after he saw that video
>>
>>84749458
>Valiant knight defends insults to the human race such as La La Land and The Dark Knight with stale memes!
Quelle surprise!!!
>>
>>84749622
Has Sandler reached his Jerry Lewis phase yet?
>>
who /before 100k dunk sub/ here
>>
>>84749470
he has a better than list because he wants to bring the attention of wider audiences to lesser known indie films, that are infinitely better than the garbage churned out by hollywood and prestige film festivals
>>
>>84746874
>tfw your boss directed Norbit
>>
Based Armond White

best critic in the game
>>
>>84746874
He wasn't even contrarian enough to dislike Baby Driver, confirmed best movie of the year
>>
>>84749874
>because he wants to bring the attention of wider audiences to lesser known indie films,
Yeah like Sully, Batman vs Superman, Hidden Figures and Hacksaw Ridges, truly hidden indie gems.
Want to bring attention to lesser known films? Put them on your best of list, if you're gonna say "X is better than La La Land, watch this instead" you're bringing attention to yourself
>>
>>84749266
This he's a dumb nigger and should be treated as such.
>>
>>84746874
the james joyce of movie critics
>>
>>84747751
>>The Tree of Life
>>There Will Be Blood
>>Black Swan
>>The Social Network
>>Tangled
>>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>>The Road
>>The King's Speech
>>Synecdoche, New York
>>Transformers
>>Toy Story 3
>>Eastern Promises
>>Stardust
>>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>>Tales from the Golden Age
>>Let Me In
>>All Marvel movies
>>The Dark Knight
>>Mother
>>The Hurt Locker
>>Blue Valentine
>>Up
>>Hellboy 2

Besides, Hellboy 2, Tree of Life, TWBB, and Jesse James, that seems fine to me. He usually likes movies with a positive moral core and movies that aren't nihilistic
>>
>Bong wants us to get worked up — both snuggly and agitated — about a Genetically Modified Organism, but Okja’s plot itself is modified for people who don’t know they’re watching propaganda so long as it pushes their buttons and makes them feel virtuous.

Absolutely based.
>>
>>84746874
My guess is he knew being a movie critic was not likely to lead to much fame unless he had a gimmick. Being a wild contrarian became his gimmick. At some point hell right a book about it.
>>
>>84750101
what are aferim, the president, standing tall, love and friendship, who will dance with me, valley of love, eisentstein in guanajauto, beautiful something, wiener-dog, sunset song and being 17 than?
Big blockbusters with overblown budgets?
Making a better than list is much more effective than making a regular one, becasue the average plebian is more likely going to ignore the regular becuause he will feel that the author of siad list is a "pretentious hipster".
If you tell him that movie y is better than the movie x(that he already likes), the chances of him seeing the movie y are going to be higher.
>>
>Ridley Scott has ruined the Alien franchise...So far, Alien: Covenant is the year's most obscene Hollywood undertaking.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>84746874
he's a retarded contrarian troll.
>>
>>84746874
>/tv/ suddenly hates Armond White
What the hell happened?
>>
>>84750752
this. how can you not like deadpool? it's fucking epic for the win.
>>
>>84747451
As soon as Dunkey brought him up in his video I was upset because I knew that his entire Fanbase who's aggregate IQ is probably under 2000 is going to come at Armond now
>>
>>84746874
>having an opinion about a movie that doesn't match up exactly with popular opinion makes you retarded or a liar

kill yourself OP. you brainless shit head.
>>
>>84750878
Depends on which movie is the flavor of the month to like/dislike
>>
>>84750882
>positive Jack and Jill review

just stop
>>
>>84751073
he likes Transformers 2
>>
He has said many times that he's not a reviewer.
>>
>>84751073
>G.I. Joe
>good

the only brainless shithead is Armond.
>>
>>84751121
I bet he disliked guardians of the galaxy too. what an idiot. I wish only top critics like chris stuckmann were allowed to review capekino
>>
>>84746874
Is this the faggot that broke Get Out's 100% on RT?
>>
>>84751182
>Jack and Jill
>>
>>84750720
>Making a better than list is much more effective than making a regular one, becasue the average plebian is more likely going to ignore the regular becuause he will feel that the author of siad list is a "pretentious hipster".
If you tell him that movie y is better than the movie x(that he already likes), the chances of him seeing the movie y are going to be higher.
According to the comments he got it's the other way around
>>
>>84746874
>nigger reviews movies
dropped
>>
>>84751138
>>84751158

prove those movies are bad without referring to their rotten tomatoes ratings or another critic's opinion
>>
Average Armond review
>condescension over millennials
>name drops obscure films or scorsese and tarantino and makes awful comparisons
>thesaurus.com
>injection of politics out of nowhere

There's nothing here about technique, there's nothing in here about structure, there's nothing in here about intentions. It's just a bunch of crappy opinions, backed up by even crappier comparisons
>>
I want that based Black Man to review my wife! #MAGA #PraiseKekistani
>>
>>84746900
lel
>>
He triggers numales and libcucks so he is our guy.

Only marvelcucks and capeshit fans hate him.
>>
>>84751982
his gay, retard
>>
>>84747681
>>84747451
fuck off with your literally who e celeb bullshit armond is always talked about on here
>>
>>84751691
Bitch we aren't going to write a fucking dissertation to explain to you why a movie that has been torn a new asshole by every professional reviewer with a modicum of reflective thought to explain to you why a movie is bad.
>>
>>84751958
>obscure films or scorsese and tarantino
AHAHAH OH WOW
>>
>>84752103
OR

I didn't say scorsese or Tarantino were obscure

learn to read
>>
>>84752014
look at the absolute insanity pol has been driven to in their desperate quest for validation and relevance
>>
>>84752082
>more professional reviewers said a movie was bad than good so that movie is bad and if you disagree with them you are wrong.
nice argument. so do you base all of your opinions on the opinions of "professionals"?
>>
>>84749596

Which movie was it?
>>
>>84747306
tumblr is here.
>>
so dunkey browses /tv/ right?
i can think of no other way that he would know about Armond AND call him a contrarian than because he found him on /tv/.
>>
>>84752464
He's a /v/irgin. He's also a useless eceleb so he has no business pretending to know anything about films or "games journalism" or whatever the fuck that video is about.
>>
>>84752205
No, but I have actually learned analytical writing and can tell the difference between someone who judges movies based on technical mastery of the craft and someone who just spews horseshit opinions as a review.
>>
>>84752995
i could tell from the fact that he hates turn-based anime games but still like Persona 5 that not only is he /v/ermin but he's utter pleb guttertrash /v/ermin.
>>
apparently he disliked LOTR too
>>
>>84749759
He's not angry and bitter enough.
>>
>>84750878
We never thought his reviews were good, we just enjoyed the butthurt he caused. He's a shit critic.
>>
>>84753709
name critics you consider to be "good" then
>>
>>84746874
>i just saw dunkey's video

Oh boy Armond is about to go mainstream boys
>>
>>84748044
THE KEY
>>
>>84749510
either this is 6/10 bait or you really are a newfag
>>
dunkey drones needs to fuck off from this site
>>
>>84758065
But this site is almost enitrely a plebbit colony at this point desu
>>
>>84746874
did you also watch dunkey's new video?
>>
I'd like to see him review a new release before anyone has had a chance to see and review it. Only then would we see how he really stacks up.
>>
>>84746900

based HPpastaposter
>>
>>84746874
Who here would piss on Karen?
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (45KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
45KB, 306x423px
what the fuck are you retards debating? This nignog has an iq equal to a gorilla and some how you take him seriously
>>
>>84746900
This pasta is proof that literally all modern memes are are things posted enough times by autists committed enough. Reposting this pasta in every thread is the imageboard equivalent of using a laugh track. I hope you suffer an infected anus wound.
>>
File: IMG_0159.gif (978KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.gif
978KB, 500x216px
>>84747306
"Fury Road" is like fun flick that reminds me the ones used to come out from the show brothers. It's not good as the original. It's funny that ppl made the resemblance of "Mad Max" when "Water World" came out, but we have THIS: "Water World" = "Fury Road". I also was so disappointed to a film didn't turn out the way George talked bow how it returns to its origins. I took THAT comment as the storywise but he went for action driven instead.
>>
>>84751982
Absolutely pathetic attempt at a falseflag
>>
>>84751691
DOGS
FUCKING
>>
File: 119785349907.png (53KB, 240x187px) Image search: [Google]
119785349907.png
53KB, 240x187px
>>84746874
>Pulp Faggots
>La La Homomanland
>Menopause Max
>Goy Story 3
>Liesball
>Gayniggalight
>Jewbook
>Cryptoanarchist Knight

>bad

This nigga knows the game. What you think is good is irrelevant as a critic.
>>
File: 058.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
058.png
607KB, 1280x720px
>>84746874
>its another youtuber ruins a meme episode
>>
File: IMG_6521.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6521.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>84746900
>>
I'll be legitimately angry if Dunkey's memeing gets Armond kicked off his normal routine. Whatever, I enjoy his reviews, they don't always have to be 'right', but the thought of a hundred snot-nosed marvel brats harassing him because one critic DARED to have a different opinion compared to the other 1000 positive ones really grinds my gears.
>>
reminder the people bashing armond white are the same people mad that get out didnt get a 100% on rottentomatoes

armond white even got interviewed for it.
>>
>>84764660
Didn't Ebert himself call him a troll?
Anyway, I'm sure he'll be fine.
>>
>>84746900
this doesn't even work
>>
>>84747481
what trash
>>
He is right about MoS. It is a rebirth of the genre.
>>
>>84746874
He's /ourguy/
>>
>>84747751
>He disliked:
>>The Tree of Life.
Overrated
>>There Will Be Blood.
Decent
>>Black Swan.
Overrated
>>The Social Network.
Extremely overrated
>>Tangled.
Shit
>>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Shit
>>The Road.
Decent
>>The King's Speech.
Extremely overrated
>>Synecdoche, New York.
Overrated
>>Transformers.
Shit
>>Toy Story 3.
Decent
>>Eastern Promises.
Decent
>>Stardust.
Shit
>>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
Great movie, he's definitely wrong in this case
>>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives.
Decent
>>Tales from the Golden Age.
Decent
>>Let Me In.
Overrated
>>All Marvel movies.
Extremely shit
>>The Dark Knight.
Extremely overrated
>>Mother.
Decent
>>The Hurt Locker.
Shit
>>Blue Valentine.
Overrated
>>Up.
Overrated
>>Hellboy 2.
Decent

He was right in most cases.
>>
>>84752333
I think it was Get out, and his criticism was on point as usual.
>>
>>84746874
Are you seriously defending shit like la la land, moneyball and up in the air?
>>
>all this inlfux of redditors and youtube kids
>HE DOESNT LIKE MUH SUPER HEROES!
>BUT BUT ADAM SANDLER MOVIES!
LMAO BASED ARMOND BTFO CAPESHIT LOVERS.
>>
>>84746874
all films there are fucking trash, and dunkey has plebbit taste (he even hates anime)
>>
>person does stuff for attention
>DUDE LOOK AT THIS PERSON! WHY DOES HE DO THESE THINGS? WE SHOULD ALL LOOK AT HIM A LOT TO DETERMINE WHY HE DOES THESE THINGS!!

>181 replies and 17 images omitted

Let us all take a moment to thank apple for bringing all of these intelligent, thoughtful, creative, and discerning individuals to the internet.
>>
File: 1491361909601.png (17KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491361909601.png
17KB, 650x650px
>>84746874
>muh pretension
nah I'll go watch a fun summer romp and you go enjoy fellating yourself over watching pulp fiction you gay nerd with barely sub surface taste.
>>
File: 1462538551838.png (73KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
1462538551838.png
73KB, 640x410px
>all the people ITT defending The Social Network
>>
>>84767262
zuckerberg spends a 10-20 million every year on marketing for the social network. Partially because hes sufficiently self-absorbed to think it paints him in a positive light (as it does paint him in a better light than he actually occupies as a person) and partially because it'll count as a business expense and thus dodges some taxes.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.