[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a screenwriter and I've been thinking about posting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: stageplay.jpg (290KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
stageplay.jpg
290KB, 1024x573px
I'm a screenwriter and I've been thinking about posting my screenplay online on Facebook for personal exposure. Is that such a good idea?
>>
No, why let a bunch of other neets steal your ideas?
>>
No. What?

If you're actually any good, Facebook is not the outlet for exposure. If you really think you're good, start applying to contests and sending queries to companies that make films similar to yours.

If you aren't actually good, try posting it on sites dedicated to screenwriting to get some feedback, and keep rewriting until you actually get good.
>>
>>84733120
This
>>
no. people on facebook dont give a fucking shit and if they do they are feigning it. there is no upside to doing this and probably some downsides
>>
it doesn't really matter how you get your work out there, the machine will just steal it, alter it just enough to bypass a plagiarism check, and release it as an original work.
>>
>>84732784
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
What's your script about? Can we read it?
>>
>>84732784
I have a screenplay written entirely in greentext. I expect it to sell soon
>>
We used to have healthy /swg/ threads. Give us a logline, OP.
>>
>>84734482
Three guys try to break-up their best friend from his fiancee after they find out she’s having an affair with her father.
>>
>>84732784
no one is going to read 100 pages of your shit, kid
>>
>>84734898
"try to" but what? What adjective describes the best friend or girlfriend that is going to hinder their goal? What's stopping them from just telling him?
>>
>>84734968
Try to was a horrible way to put it, I should've used "on a quest."

Nothing, at first, is stopping them. However, due to his powerful connections, along the way, he does find out and holds them hostage for a while.
>>
>>84732784
Fuck no. Enter a few contests. https://screencraft.org/screenwriting-contests/ .

Also I wouldn't go around calling yourself a screenwriter until you've sold a script, won a contest, or had one made.
>>
JUST POST THE SCRIPT I BET ITS SHIT
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.