[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone still pretending they actually enjoy or "get"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (31KB, 744x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 744x496px
Why is everyone still pretending they actually enjoy or "get" this shit?
>>
I wasn't too sure about the first episode but now I love it.
>>
Lol, I understood the first two seasons and the movie... Kinda hoping Lynch is just throwing us for a loop at the 'mid-season' break...really hoping it will turn out well.
>>
>>84722040
The black lodge is bad, like hell
The white lodge is good, like heaven

No need to thank me, simpleton
>>
File: LelandBob.jpg (37KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
LelandBob.jpg
37KB, 960x540px
I love the idea of Bob. For me he represents the basal potential for evil (and on the other hand, fear) that lies within us all. Bob is your shadow when it surpasses you. Bob is always there waiting for you to take a chanced stumble, so he can dance in wickedness the wickedness of the world.
>>
> so he can dance in wickedness the wickedness of the world.

*dance in the wickedness of the world.
>>
>>84722040
What is there to "get"? It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>84722040
I don't get any of it. I love it on two levels:
1) Well acted, good dialogues, funny moments, creepy atmosphere, great cinematography
2) Some balls on these fuckers to completely alienate every fucking mem spouting fan of the original. You wanted to revisit twin peaks and your favorite characters, pie and black coffee? Fuck you, imma do my weird shit instead. And my weird shit is awesome, btw here's Laura Dern and Naomi Watts in awesome roles and scenes, also watch Mclauchlin in one of the most badass roles of his career (Bad Cooper) after playing literal cucks and cripples in soap operas for the past 10 years. Love it

Lacking that
>>
>>84722040
>>84722040
> it's another "anon is too dumb to understand it and rather than trying is just going to make another post saying everyone who loved it is a pretentious wanker" thread
>>
>>84722040
Because we're not bandwagoning newfags like you. Sucks to be you. Now watch Lynch's filmography, then watch more film.
>>
I "get" it and I love it.

Being well versed in the visual language of Lynch and familiar with TP lore, its all pretty easy to follow. Of course there are some mysteries still around but thats the whole point of watching it.
>>
>complaining about not understanding a show that hasn't even gotten to the halfway mark of the story yet

even with the scattered pieces we have now, it's become clearer with each building installment. yes, there may be some contention surrounding certain interpretations of the lore, but only fucking plebs think the actual narrative of any season in TP is genuinely hard to follow.
>>
>>84724963
whilst I strongly disagree with OP and think he's retarded and love all of Lynch (except Inland empire, I guess I just don't "get it") I've been here 6 years and /tv/ has one of the most "bandwagon-y" culture of any place I've been on the internet, it's just that in general our bandwagon is headed in the opposite direction of the mainstream
>>
>>84722040
>ima gigantic faggot pleb

everyone already knows
your mom told us
>>
>>84722908
reminded me of Jung, though it's not exactly an esoteric idea
>>
>>84725958
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>84727804
they were trying hard, when you could have been a brain dead faggot like >>84725958 and not bother putting in even the slightest effort into your post
>>
There's nothing to not understand. It's extremely straight forward. You're allowed to not like it but "it doesn't make any sense" is not a legit criticism and just makes you look like an idiot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.