[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any places other then LA or NYC that are on the rise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: HOLLYWOOD_EAST_IMAGE.jpg (56KB, 560x369px) Image search: [Google]
HOLLYWOOD_EAST_IMAGE.jpg
56KB, 560x369px
are there any places other then LA or NYC that are on the rise for young filmmakers or those looking to work in the industry?
Ive heard Atlanta is up and coming and I recall a few years ago there was supposed to be a big filming studio in Massachusetts called hollywood east
>>
ive heard Austin texas had a pretty good scene for music and movies these days
>>
>>84721200
just suck it up, you gotta move to LA
>>
>>84721200
Vancouver
New Orleans
>>
A lot of shows now film in Georgia for some reason. Plus Infinity War from what i remember
>>
File: 1430627796647.png (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1430627796647.png
90KB, 700x700px
>>84722855
I really dont want to, but I know I probably will have to
>>
File: 1446207314521.jpg (2MB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1446207314521.jpg
2MB, 2048x1151px
whats generally better (or worse) New York city or Los Angeles ?
>>
>>84722997
If I had to choose between the two I'd pick New York. While they're both shit at least New York's asshole population has some charm
>>
File: seattle.jpg (624KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
seattle.jpg
624KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw seattle
There is a very small portion of artsy faggots here in regards to film. For things like spray paint art of coffee shop owners, theyre everywhere. Im probably going to have to move as well, but my whole family and job is here
>>
>>84722855
Seriously that's 90% of the industry. Trying to break into the industry anywhere else is a bit of a waste of time. Most of the people in these other locations will still regard LA as home base.
>>
>>84722997
different tastes of shit. IMO, NYC is better for stage and performance art like improv, theater, music, sketch comedy ect while LA is more focused on movies and television. From what ive gathered its been like that since the 70s
>>
>>84722997
Los Angeles is dirty and Hollywood, itself, is disgusting.

I've never been to NY, so I can't remark.

LA likely nets more connections, though -- even if it's oversaturated with people looking to break in.
>>
>>84722997
LA is more plastic and full of vapid cunts, but they are more "on the nose" with who they are and what they do, where as new yourk everyone is a hipster faggot that thinks theyre high and mighty but trendy too and change their views or what they are all about at the drop of a hat. Its also got more connections then new york, thats just a fact. And its arguably easier living there. You dont have to live in LA if you dont want to or cant afford it, the surrounding counties are managable
New York is retard expensive and congested for what you get, so unless youre Hanna from girls and can live in a massive two bedroom apartment for thousands a month youre living in essentially a college dorm. Theres also a huge difference between NY county and NY city, like a world of difference. If you dont live in the city you might as well not live there at all, getting to and from the city is a pain in the ass and barely worth it
Source, I lived in NYC and though it has its own fair share of problems CA is an improvement
>>
File: 1484323734375.jpg (322KB, 1600x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1484323734375.jpg
322KB, 1600x1030px
who /smallmidwesttown/here?
either way id be abadoning my family and going to the other side of the country, something theyve openly told me theyre against and id be more or less blacklisted from the family. I also have moments where I like it here, being its all I know but im going to have to make a move if I really want this and its killing me inside
>>
File: like tears in the rain scoob.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
like tears in the rain scoob.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Any other MAfags or specifically Boston fags? I wish our movie scene was bigger
S..sometimes Ben affleck makes a movie here
>>
>>84724952
Boston is just Philly with more heroin
>>
>>84725589
id argue but yeah youre pretty much right
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.