[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Is Why Donald Glover’s ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 21

File: donald-glover-spider-man.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
donald-glover-spider-man.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>Glover fans might be disappointed with their charismatic fave’s brief appearance in Homecoming. After all, he only pops up in two scenes. What people may not realize, though, is that Glover’s brief scenes could have major, major ramifications for the MCU.

>The Prowler, Glover’s character is a big deal: Aaron Davis is Miles Morales’ uncle. And there’s even a line of dialogue in Homecoming that nods to this; Glover’s character tells Spider-Man that he wants to get these crazy weapons off the street because he has a nephew that he’s looking out for. That means that there is a Miles Morales in the MCU. Why is Miles Morales a big deal? Because…he’s Spider-Man.

>Miles Morales was introduced in August 2011, and Bendis confirmed that he was directly inspired by Glover. The character, a black/Latino web-slinger with his own supporting cast and relatable worries, was an instant hit and he gave an underserved audience a real A-list hero to root for. Miles has proven to be an enduring addition to the Marvel Universe; he has his own action figures, appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (voiced by Glover), and has his own animated feature film coming out.

>Now, a live-action appearance in the MCU is totally on the table. What makes this so perfect is that, once again, Donald Glover paved the way for Miles Morales. The actor’s campaign to play Spider-Man in 2010 led to the character’s creation, and now–seven years later–his role in Homecoming just made it possible for the character to spring to life on the big screen.

>Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is sticking around for at least one more Spider-Man sequel and the next Avengers film. But after that, who knows? Sony’s planning a whole slate of Spider-focused movies in the wake of Homecoming’s success, so it’s always possible we’ll see a live-action Miles sooner rather than later. When it finally happens, though, you’ll have Donald Glover to thank for it twice over.
>>
>>84718726
omg im so like totes freaked out XDDD
>>
YASSSSSS
>>
>>84718726
the JEWS can't wait to shove a black spider-man down our white throats
>>
>>84718726
>The character, a black/Latino web-slinger with his own supporting cast and relatable worries, was an instant hit

BAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84718776
I want it if they'll introduce Spider-Gwen.
>>
>was an instant hit

from what i heard he was hated all across the board including tumblr sjw types
>>
>>84718873
Don't reply to me faggot, Tobey is the only Spiderman. Rami forever. Sieg Heil.
>>
>>84718851
Spiderman as a franchise is whored out at Star Wars levels. Stop caring about children's books.
>>
>>84718873
Imagine that costume in live action.
>>
>>84718776
i kno, rite? #freaked
>>
File: did not read bear.gif (936KB, 385x206px) Image search: [Google]
did not read bear.gif
936KB, 385x206px
>>
>>84718726
>underserved audience
Because black people are incapable of empathy.
>>
>>84718726
The more i see him the less i like him.

I miss his mystery team and early community days.
>>
>>84718726
They're clearly trying to push Tom Holland as the big star of the next generation of the MCU as they start phasing out all the old guys, unless Sony fucks something up they aren't going to replace him.
>>
File: spider-man-12.jpg (306KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-12.jpg
306KB, 688x1044px
>tfw will get this
Dankest timeline. If the diversity in Homecoming is well received (and it seems like it is) we'll see it sooner than later.

>>84719128
>They're clearly trying to push Tom Holland as the big star of the next generation of the MCU as they start phasing out all the old guys, unless Sony fucks something up they aren't going to replace him.
That will be Carol, Captain Marvel.
>>
>>84718930
>Popularity on 4chan is the mark of a character's success
>>
>>84719190
At least we know they wont cast a girl of Zendayas pigment for her
>>
Miles is coming in the animated Spider-man movie whose treatment (read: not final script) came fro Lord and Miller. Doesn't fix the fact he barely got any development once his mom died. That was when Bendis decided to really ramp up the EVERYBODY LOVES MILES and had him retread through everything Peter already did, with the last issues being about how his dad and uncle were criminals, with daddy ratting out everybody to SHIELD. Stopped reading prior to the merging of the Ultimate and 616 universe.

Go ahead and ask people what makes Miles interesting without bringing his appearance into it.
>>
>>84719190
Gawd that picture
>15 year old kid making out with collage gwen
>Shitting on the gwen legacy by putting her in this really unsettling romance with a miles from the universe of a dead Parker that also was romantically invovled with a gwen
>people also went fucking nuts when the whole gwen /osborn romance was revieled back in the days...

...but no RACISM if you're not totally cool with this
>>
>The Prowler, Glover’s character
This is like next level pathetic. He barely has a role, and he practically sleepwalks through it. He's fucking lifeless. What's next, a random bag of trash in one scene is actually The Trashbag, an important character in the Spider-Man mythos that has critical implications for the future of these films? Kys.

Anyway, 2 spider-mens going around together in some future movie could be cool. Have a big bro little bro dynamic maybe? How old is this morales kid in relation to peter?
>>
>>84719741
>paste pot pete is the guy who told spider man to do a flip at the food truck
>>
Why can't they come up with new characters for minorities?

I'm not /pol/ bellyaching, I don't read comics I don't give a shit either way but I'm genuinely curious. Why do they replace established characters with minority counterparts? It seems like bad business practice. Why piss off fans of a character when you can create totally new ones to increase the diversity in your stories.
>>
>>84719190
Her little titties tho
>>
>>84719966
She's perfect.
>>
>>84719859
Because comics at the big 2 is on life support. Getting even 100K per issue is a massive success. They don't have the personnel or time to create a character from the groundup naturally. Anyone with even a hint of talent is doing their own independent book at Image in addition to whatever big name book they've been pushed onto. It's the nature of not being able to retire or kill off characters that are owned not by the creator, but by the publisher.
>>
File: Donald-Trump-Smug-Smile-Reuters.jpg (46KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-Smug-Smile-Reuters.jpg
46KB, 618x340px
>>84719265
>>
>>84719859
>>84720024
Basically. There ARE comics about original minority characters but they just don't make money as much as "reinventing" recognizable characters.
>>
>>84718726
I'd vote for a president who vows to gas anybody whos internet posting history proves they've a sjw or a poltard
>>
>>84718726
I'm not going to read any of this because no capeshit is worth freaking out over.
>>
>>84720753
this
>>
>>84718957
I cant movies with emotional depth make me remember how disappointed my parents are
>>
File: lol.png (121KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
121KB, 300x359px
>>84719741
>What's next, a random bag of trash in one scene is actually The Trashbag, an important character in the Spider-Man mythos that has critical implications for the future of these films?
>>
File: 1499223889805.png (911KB, 698x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499223889805.png
911KB, 698x720px
>>84720268
CLUMPF
>>
File: eb6.jpg (61KB, 554x386px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
61KB, 554x386px
>>84720829
>>
>>84718726
>miles morales
>instant hit

Lol
>>
File: 54930364.jpg (66KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
54930364.jpg
66KB, 602x709px
>>84720753
What about people who play both fields and trolls everyone?
>>
>>84720829
This is why you shouldn't squat more than once a week. Or at all.
>>
File: confused_mel.png (228KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
confused_mel.png
228KB, 421x389px
>>84718941
>Says Sam Raimi (a Jew) made the definitive version of Spiderman (created by Stanley Lieber, a Jew)
>"Seig Heil"
What did the /pol/tard mean by this?
>>
>>84718726
Prowler is cool, but miles is lame
>>
I wish studios would push non-whites into main character roles more often so that they'll financially fail as white people lose interest (which is usually what happens with only a few notable exceptional non-white actors).
>>
i seriously cannot wait for the day that capeshit stops being profitable and therefore the movies stop being made

the movies are fucking insufferable
>>
>>84721036
>he thinks they're going away

M8 they're gonna milk the shit out of all this.
Sequels
Avengers/Justice League V: United or whatever
Prequels
Spin offs
Solo Movies

and when you think its all over.

REBOOT MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>84718726
WHO
FUCKING
CAAAAAAARES
>>
>>84720921
it's an ebin meme used by the kids these days
>>
>>84718726
Miles Morales is not Spiderman and never will be. After the success of this movie, Miles is gone.
>>
>>84721101
Fake Spider-Man fans.
>>
>>84719563
>Shitting on the gwen legacy by putting her in this really unsettling romance with a miles from the universe of a dead Parker that also was romantically invovled with a gwen
>people also went fucking nuts when the whole gwen /osborn romance was revieled back in the days...
Isn't this kind of franchise incest inevitable when the industry refuses to kill off characters or introduce new ones?
>15 year old kid making out with collage gwen
Niiiice.
>>
>>84719859
Too risky. Comic books are already a fairly niche market, and they're still overwhelmingly dominated by white male autismos. If you make a brand new black/hispanic superhero, it has to be really good or it won't sell. If you kill off alternate universe Peter and replace him with a black/hispanic kid, you can at least bank on some of the existing Spidey-fans following it.
>>
>>84718726
>Glover fans
>>
>>84722080
All 4 of them.
>>
>>84718726
sounds fucking retarded
>>
why are there so many drama niggers that are pretending to be rappers?

tupac
ice cube
drake
donald glover

to name a few
>>
>>84718957
I care what the jews are brainwashing children with.
>>
>>84718726
http://archive.is/23uVW
>>
Not only is Sony planning on breaking Spider-Man back off from MCU after Homecoming's sequel, they're also trying to force Miles. No do-overs this time, Sony. You fucked up Raimi Spider-Man by having Avi Arad force Venom into Spider-Man 3. You fucked up The Amazing Spider-Man and tried to force your own cinematic universe. Run Spider-Man into the ground again and no one will be there to save you, MCU was the governor's pardon you never deserved and you're gonna wipe your ass with it because you think you don't need the MCU.
>>
File: why does nobody remember me.jpg (156KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
why does nobody remember me.jpg
156KB, 1400x700px
>>84718726
>was an instant hit and he gave an underserved audience a real A-list hero to root for.
>can't stop getting canceled because nobody buys his comics
>>84719859
>Why can't they come up with new characters for minorities?
White people are too racist. Making a new minority hero that suddenly becomes popular and make bank would never happen....
>>
>>84718851
>>84718726
Sony's and Disney's contract with Marvel explicitly state Peter has to be a white or (((white))) male in major motion films
There's also some stuff like he can't use drugs, listen to offensive music (metal, rap, etc) and so on
>>
>>84718726
>>Miles Morales was introduced in August 2011, and Bendis confirmed that he was directly inspired by Glover. The character, a black/Latino web-slinger with his own supporting cast and relatable worries, was an instant hit

>instant hit

Disney-era Marvel comicbooks are not even worth pirating.
>>
>>84719027
Kek
>>
>>84725488
>state Peter has to be a white
>Peter

Miles Morales isn't Peter.
>>
>>84719859
No one buys them. They also lose money when they reinvent.
>>
>Because…he’s Spider-Man

Nah, he's Miles. That's why you have to refer to him as Miles prior to noting his spider bits. Peter is definitive and it's never going away. Miles will fade into dust when Marvel finally FINALLY gets rid of Bendis.
>>
They tried and then the thought "let's just tie them to other characters" occurred. That worked for a minute but they did a shit job capitalizing, so the thought occurred "what if we just have like twenty of the same characters walking around" so there was two caps (black and white), two iron men (doom and black), three spidermen (white, black and half white/spanish), two thors (man and woman), two wolverines (old man and woman). It worked for a minute, sales are shit now, particularly with DC dialing things way back and trying to go back to their roots while keeping things generally fresh enough.
>>
>>84718726
That faggy nigger has fans?
>>
File: scarlet_spider potrait.jpg (155KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
scarlet_spider potrait.jpg
155KB, 1130x1600px
Ben > Miles
>>
>>84718726
Wow they actually did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E
>>
>>84725950
>Ben
>posts picture of Peter
>>
File: spider_man_scarlet_spider.png (987KB, 705x1091px) Image search: [Google]
spider_man_scarlet_spider.png
987KB, 705x1091px
>>84725989
what?
>>
>>84726006
That's Peter on the top right and Ben on the bottom left.
>>
>>84726047
no
>>
File: 1465238041328.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1465238041328.gif
993KB, 250x250px
What makes all this Marvel forced diversity shit funny is the real reason it's happening is simply Disney can't make X-Men movies.
>>
>>84726055
You are wrong.
>>
nazis must go back to /pol/
>>
>>84719190
I thought Miles was gay.
>>
>>84718726
>we need more black heroes to take over the originally white hero roles instead of creating or making their own heroes/movies.
Jews the movie.
>>
>>84725950
Not anymore. Ben's a villian now! Thank Slott for that.
>>
Are you ready for the studio implosion when they replace Parker with Miles and all the normies they've been making their money off of don't go because they have no idea what is happening, resulting in their crash?
>>
>>84726252
>they wasted their effort and energy on putting black people in shit like this instead of a Static Shock film

He's DC, but still.
>>
>>84726857
You mean in about 5-10 years when demographic change has reached a point where the latino and black demographics are more important? Nice power fantasy, my dude, but the days of white movies are coming to a close.
>>
>>84720594
White kids were crazy about spawn
>>
>Black character is basically a mugger / armed robber.
>Black guy is looking to buy a gun.
>Wants to use it in an armed robbery.
>Later decides he doesn't want super weapons in his neighborhood.
>Meanwhile hand guns literally kill millions of young black men.

WHOOPS

Forced diversity film made a serious boo-boo. This character is ridiculously racist and hypocritical.
>>
File: lierally anon.png (156KB, 750x285px) Image search: [Google]
lierally anon.png
156KB, 750x285px
>>84722853
>>
>>84726903
The latino and black demo means fuck all compared to global BO.
>>
>>84726903
Mainland Spic here. Everybody I know disliked the diverse cast (Fucking nerd manlet Flash lmoa). Have no idea who Miles Morales is.
>>
>wanting ANOTHER Spider Man reboot
>but this time he's black!

THIS is how pathetic Marvel/Sony fans are.
>>
>>84726978
You're right, but white demographic decline coupled with latino and black increase, and then China and India, my statement is abundantly a true one. MJ, previously white, was changed to a tomboy nigger. Flash, previously white, was changed to a smug poo in loo.
>>
>>84727001
To be honest, it's difficult to see how things are going. It's a recent trend that's accelerating. Things like Ghostbusters and Spider-Man are attempts at taking existing properties, already popular, and trying to make them more popular by appealing to broader demographics. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If they find it works, things like this will continue, which, to be honest, I think they will, because even if interest for it doesn't exist, they can drum it up by pretending its empowering to those demographics. That's worked well for them with women and niggers.
>>
>>84718726
YASSS REPRESENT! Venom Blast 4TW YO! Delicious Brown Miles >>>>>> White Bread "Beter". MAKE MINE BENDIS!
>>
>>84719563
God, comc books have become such stupid cringey shit
>>
>>84727104
>they can drum it up by pretending its empowering to those demographics.
Too bad the people to whom these progressive media is aimed to always find a flaw in everything (Powerpuff girls comes to mind) and it's a tiny percentage of people so sales are almost non existent ( https://heatst.com/entertainment/marvel-cancels-ta-nehisi-coates-black-lives-matter-comic-due-to-poor-sales/ )

It wont happen because the simple truth is that most people dont care.
>>
The man wrote a song about weev, I got no qualms with Glover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWo4fgbwnM
>>
>>84719859
Liberals (american ones) literally don't know anything about 'minorities' outside of stereotypes. They'll start writing the character and realise they're the racist ones; so they just super-impose them onto already popular characters.
>>
File: 68a.jpg (59KB, 650x503px) Image search: [Google]
68a.jpg
59KB, 650x503px
>>84726240
Not in Trump's Amerikkka
>>
>>84727260
You're right, but it's the strategy they're pursuing, and it's the strategy they continue to pursue even post-Trump, a gigantic kickback against this kind of thing. There are ideologues who think it pragmatic, and nothing that panders to the Alt Right pro-Trump audience is pushing through. MDE got canceled. Alex Jones lost a shit-ton of advertising. So where's Hollywood gonna go? Hopefully it burns to the ground in an inferno of its own self righteousness and greed.
>>
>>84727345
The ideologues will be dropped off as soon as the big corps find out theyre not making them big bucks anymore. The only places they will be able to speak are chinese robotmaking forums on the internet. And so the cycle will repeat itself.
>>
>>84718726
I'm tired of seeing this stoner everywhere
>>
>>84718726
>was an instant hit and he gave an underserved audience a real A-list hero to root for

but that's wrong. niggers don't give a fuck about spiderman and how retarded/shallow do you have to be to only care about heroes of your own skin color.

i like the hulk and that nigga is green.
>>
>>84718726
Just because he is referenced in the movie doesnt mean he will be in the movies. They would be really stupid to replace Peter with Miles this early in.
>>
>>84726919
Yah but i never really realized he was black until way after i liked him
>>
The le cast a famous musician as an actor meme needs to stop. People need to stop enjoying it because they are a celebrity despite being a shite actor
>>
>>84727425
I don't think so. Even if pushing diversity and progressivism isn't entirely successful in terms of maximum profitability, it at least has the appearance of success sometimes, such as this movie; and it shields them against criticism of racism to an extent, which all corporations are, for some reason, incredibly wary of. Movies are becoming more left wing, not less.
>>
What if Sony does a Miles spider-man in its own universe while they'ved loaned Peterman to the MCU?
>>
>>84727564
Profit is all that matters. Why do you think Adam Sandler gets movies and we're still getting Transformers?
>>
>>84727730
Name some explicitly right wing movies to come out of Hollywood. This despite the fact Donald Trump won the election. Profits aren't all that matter.
>>
>>84720921
Summerfag spotted.
>>
>>84723460
Don't forget the fact that the Venom solo film is not in the MCU and Spider-Man will not appear.
>>
>>84727768
Zootopia
>>
File: covers.jpg (234KB, 1114x730px) Image search: [Google]
covers.jpg
234KB, 1114x730px
>>84718851
>black spider-man down
YASSSSS KANGS
>>
>>84718959

imainge her pusy!!!
>>
>>84728403

BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>84718726
>Miles will totes come in the sequel guys!

That must be why Sony is allowed to make stand-alone movies with him... because clearly Marvel plans to use him at the same time
>>
>>84720829

is he natty bros?
>>
File: 639493.jpg (158KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
639493.jpg
158KB, 600x922px
I alwys dug The Prowler and how he looked.
>>
>>84718726
morales isnt spiderman hes just a negro
>>
>cgi spider-"man"
Isn't Sony releasing a fully CGI Spider-Man movie next year? Why wouldn't I just wait and watch that?
>>
Childish Gamkino
>>
>>84719190
you know it will never be well received
>>
>>84729627
This is based on the Ultimate universe prowler, who basically just looked like Snoop Dogg in a ninja suit. Uncle of Miles Morales if I remember correctly.
>>
>>84726919
Spawn had the good fortune to pop up in that short lived post racial society we had in the 90's. The comic didn't really dwell on stereotypes outside of the italian mobster motif.
>>
>>84722080
Bendis is a fan. Miles was created because of Glover.
>>
>>84731027
Bendis keeps creating black characters because he has black (i think adopted) daughters and that makes him feel somewhat tied to the struggles of the black community, "i want them to have role models" and all that stuff
>>
did u guys know that donald glover is danny glovers' dad.?
>>
>>84718873
You want to see a 16yo black kid make out with your 20yo waifu?
>>
>>84726055
Yes.
>>
>>84718726
>hurr we made established superheroes black instead of creating and interesting story
>>
>>84719190
BLACKED
>>
>>84719563
Oh calm down white boy. you wouldn't give a shit if the guy was white. just obvious racism.
>>
>>84731432
Prowler has always been black.
>>
>>84719091
DerrickComedy Glover is best Glover.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH US
>>
>>84728403

you are an imposter.
>>
Thanos will kill Peter in Infinity Wars, Miles will take his place
>>
>>84731681
Well yeah Holland has a 3 pictures deal.
>>
>>84731681
Hopefully. we need more black superheroes.
>>
>>84731706
Not how it works

>>84731681
Not happening
>We hired this very young actor for this reboot because he has to be dead after just one movie
>>
>>84731752
>after just one movie
Three.
>>
>>84731768
Only one solo
>>
File: 1442175917837.gif (483KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442175917837.gif
483KB, 500x375px
>>84729834
>short lived post racial society we had in the 90's

I want to go back....
>>
>>84731432
At least he's a DIFFERENT GUY.
Not as bad as Wally West from the Flash who just kind of changed race inexplicably one day.
In the recent comics both the black wally and white wally exist in the same universe, too.
>>
File: baste.jpg (119KB, 620x695px) Image search: [Google]
baste.jpg
119KB, 620x695px
>>84728403
>>
Considering I am completely uninterested in yet another Parker story (did not even see the Garfield movies), I would welcome Miles Morales story. Nonetheless, the manner in which this is framed is just disgusting.

You can do this "diversity" stuff in a positive and inclusive manner, but they so often decide to do it in a manner build on negative emotions towards white folk.
>>
>>84719265
You are aware that 'across the board' doesn't refer to 4chan boards right?
>>
>>84718726
>The character, a black/Latino web-slinger with his own supporting cast and relatable worries, was an instant hit

>was an instant hit

HAAW AASSAA
>>
Does people show more support to a character if they are their race/nationality?

I would give 0 fucks if they made a spanish super hero, it'd probably suck.
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (18KB, 373x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
18KB, 373x210px
I cant wait for spider spicnigger rip dink bouncey bounce.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.