[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WAAAAAAAAAH JAY LENO WAS A BAD LEAD IN WAAAAAAAAAAH What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: conan-sad.jpg (36KB, 356x272px) Image search: [Google]
conan-sad.jpg
36KB, 356x272px
>WAAAAAAAAAH JAY LENO WAS A BAD LEAD IN WAAAAAAAAAAH

What did Cuckold O'Brien mean by this?
>>
>>84718673
It means that he's still sucking that Howard Stern dick.
>>
>nbc late night is number 1 by a large margin
>nbc head exec fucks it up
>leaves
>is now in charge of cnn

pottery
>>
>>84718673
I DESERVE THIS WAAAHHHHHHHH
>keep based jay leno for a bit longer and conan chimps out
>give his spot to some literally who and probably don't even have to spend a fraction what they would've on cone bone and conan's show has worse ratings
>>
Conan on TBS is a quality television program which I enjoy.
>>
>>84718673
Look at that mick face
Full of hate and denial. He's a mean drunk and he probably had a couple of swigs before this interview..

For the "nerves"
>>
The problem with OP is that his lead-in was news. The old way was News, Leno, Conan. The new way was Leno, News, Conan. Adding to the fact that the timeslot would have made Late Night air after 12, a fact Conan didn't like, but the additional fact that his ratings were shit because he didn't have proper lead-in made him quit after 7 months. The final episodes where he was spending NBCs money on expensive shit on purpose was kino.

Personally, I don't really like his move to TBS, but as long as he's still on the air, I guess I cant complain.
>>
>>84721750
this is the common sense answer. the only ones at fault are nbc for kicking jay early for fear of losing conan to another network
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 538x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 538x650px
>>84718673
His mother was a lawyer. He was covering his ass because he didn't want to battle over the settlement cash. Had to win the public back to his side.
>>
It was the fault of the NBC executives. With that said, Conan's 12:30 show kind of sucked. It got to where even Craig Ferguson was beating him in the ratings. Chris Rock talked to Stern about it and had a great take. He pointed out that Conan is a writer and that a proper comedian would never have let any of that happen. According to Rock, comedians' brains work differently and would have been just paranoid enough to have gotten a guarantee for a time slot.
>>
can i get a tl;dr of the conan late night controversy shit
>>
>>84722149
>2006-7
>Leno at 11:30 followed by Conan at 12:30
>Conan is ambitious and antzy
>Leno still #1 in the late night ratings
>NBC execs announce Conan will get the Tonight Show in a few years
>Leno still...still #1 in the late night ratings
>A while after the change is announced, it is also announced that Leno will remain with NBC and do the EXACT same show at 10:00pm before local news.
>Conan too timid to protest
>He's got the Tonight Show. It's what he wants.
>Plan goes into effect
>Leno is a weak lead in to local news which is a weak lead in to Conan's show
>ratings suck
>NBC tries to put Leno on a 1/2 hour version of his format at 11:30 after local news and still before Conan thus pushing Conan into the next day
>OUTCRY!
>Conan views the episode as a chance to push him out to sea
>Conan walks from NBC after a huge payout for him and his crew
>Leno gets the Tonight Show back
>Leno back at #1
>Conan scratches together a deal with TBS effectively doing the same thing to George Lopez as Leno did to Conan.

Now...Conan's ratings aren't so great at TBS nor have they ever been. There was a brief rumor that the TBS execs want Conan to transition to a once-a-week format instead of Mon-Thurs.
>>
>>84722365
this is a whole lot of autism for a post thats only like 30% correct
>>
>>84718673
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_for_Late_Night

The book is great. Basically Conan has no one to blame but himself and his incompetent agents and lawyers for drafting a shitty contract.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.