[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me get this straight. Plinkett's main complaint about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: plinkett.jpg (484KB, 1039x792px) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.jpg
484KB, 1039x792px
Let me get this straight. Plinkett's main complaint about TFA was that Finn and Rey didn't kiss and become a couple?
>>
>>84713834
>spent more time complaining about the prequels then criticizing the movie that is the subject of a video
>>
>>84713834
Are you still butthurt about this? Grow up faggot.
>>
>>84713834
RLM has lost its ability to do Plinkett properly anymore. Just accept it and move on.
>>
File: IMG_1996.jpg (134KB, 947x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1996.jpg
134KB, 947x734px
>>84714101
This. They had something great and The Mouse bought it from them on the cheap
>>
>>84713834
>>84713897
>>84714019
>>84714101
The Force Awakens was another jab at George Lucas, then Mike, the sell out, said he loved the shit awakens. Guy sold out. End of story.

A few weeks ago some cool guy released Star Wars the Fraud awakens or something. Good stuff. Kinda slow but I liked it and it was informative. Didn't know about the opening thing only that it was mysteriously gone. It was informative. It was what Plinkett should have done.
>>
>>84714301
>he's still shilling himself this hard
>>
>hate on the prequels to the point of exaggerating its faults
>tried his best to ignore all of TFA's faults.
>>
>>84714301
I saw that. Decent impression, cool guy.

And now I've poisoned the thread with samefag accusations :^)
>>
>>84714362
pretending to be the guy and shilling the video ironically is the new hot meme
>>
>>84714362
Is that all you've got Disney Shill? You do know that his video is your kryptonite right? There was a thread up the other day about your Mary Sue girl Rey and wouldn't you know almost every post called her a mary sue. The message is gaining traction, Disney Shill and with any luck, the Last Jedi will at the very least under perform. I can't wait. I hope Spiderman Homecoming bombs too.
>>
File: 1366692076094.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1366692076094.png
1MB, 441x603px
>it's a mike spends 30 minutes dissecting a stupid internet theory about the prequels episode
>>
>>84714440
tell me about it
>>
>>84714380
The shills are afraid that normies are seeing what we've been saying for some time now, that the force awakens is a piss poor fan film that should have never been made.
>>
>>84713834
His point was that he felt the movie was setting some sort of romance but in the end it was some weird friendzone type deal. He also said it would've been cool to see Kyle put the moves on her or maybe something between Finn and the spice. Really he just wants to see a couple, though I dont know why he's so fixated on that.
>>
>>84714440
>the new hot meme
It was played out and boring half way through the first thread.
>>
>>84714559
He had to talk about something anything to avoid the obviousness of how shit the movie was. It's pure shit with no redeemable anything so he focused on something so inconsequential until the time ran out.
>>
But what about ring theory? How can I find out more about ring theory?
>>
>>84713834
No
>>
>>84714612
this
>>
>>84714612
That might be it, yeah. You know, the more I think about it the more I agree with the theory that these dudes really were paid by Disney. Had to be a pretty good check let me tell you.
>>
>>84714612
Your mother knows all about producing shit with no redeemable qualities.
>>
>doesn't talk about how bullshit of a charcter Rey was
>Doesn't talk about the beat by beat plot remake of ANH

Waste of a plinkett review desu
>>
>>84714712
I think he told them that he'd shill for TFA because it really seems like Kathleen Kennedy saw his Plinket Review of the Prequels and took what he said to heart. Maybe he feels partially responsible. Or maybe he did it for the money but told them he'd give them that one but no others hence his attack on RO. But TFA was worse than RO Because RO was a prequel and TFA was the most anticipated sequel in film history.
>>
>>84714867
>>84714712
If this isn't just shitposting, then you are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet if you legitimately believe this.
>>
>>84714725
You're gonna have to try a lot harder to reach me, Disney shill.
>>
>>84714896
The Shit Awakens was garbage though, pure unadulterated poop. I've seen fan films that was more dramatic and engaging. Disney's a shit, Kennedy's a twit and Jar Jar Abrams is a failure and Plinket's a toad for sucking the ass of the rat and shilling as hard as he did.
>>
>>84714936
>hyperbolic drivel
Okay?
>>
>>84714896
Now I don't wanna make any assumptions here, but you sound pretty upset and I don't know why.
>>
>>84714899
You replied and acknowledged my existence so I would say you've definitely been REACHED today friend
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
>>
>>84714965
Wow, defend The Shit Awakens, disney shill. I dare ya, I double dare ya. Care to have an argument over your shit film or are ya gonna continue to say shit like, "hyperbolic drivel, okay"?

>>84714982
I said you're to garner some kind of illicit response that'll somehow make the shit awakens a lot less shit which is never going to happen because it is by far one of the shittiest science fantasy films ever made to say nothing of star wars film. I've seen fan films that was more entertaining.
>>
File: angry-kid1.png (127KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid1.png
127KB, 300x310px
>>84714465
>>
Stop posting your fucking video
>>
>>84715014
Remember to report this post everyone.

This whole thread exists to shill this one moron desperate for internet fame, who thinks he can overtake RLM.
>>
>>84715014
Excellent. Now let us sit back, relax and just imagine how the shills are stewing in their own dog piss.
>>
>>84715225
Maybe if he wants to get any actual traction and internet fame, he should make content that's interesting and not just ripping off someone else's style.
>>
>>84715225
Report it to whom and for what. The guy's long gone, his video however is a legit critique of a shit movie. If they delete this thread, I will upload it again and again and again. You stinking shills will fail and everyone will know that the shit awakens is garbage that should have never existed.
>>
>>84715286
>The guy's
>his video
It's you.
>>
>>84715286
>The guy's long gone
Sure you are
>>
>>84713834
I haven't seen it in awhile, but I thought his main complaint was about modern day Hollywood and how Star Wars is getting the cinematic universe/milking treatment and gone are the days of the saga films being neat little contained films. TFA set up new things but then didn't do much with them and ended on a big cliff hanger, where in ANH we got a nice little conclusion to the story that was presented.

>>84713897
The recent surge of prequel love only came when TFA was announced/released and is an almost 100% contrarian response to star wars being relevant again. They're terribly made films that served as a playground for Lucas and ILM, and no amount of ring theory or revisionism will change this fact, so Plinkett spends the time to put prequel babbies back in their place
>>
>>84715252
What's it to you cunt? Anyone can do anything because of fair usage. Plinkett did the same with Sheev and Lucas and others to no ill affect. So do Try again, shill.
>>
>>84715286
>The guy's long gone
Why would someone who's totally not the guy that made the video say something like this?
>>
>>84713897
reminder that the review was called "the star wars awakens" and examined not just tfa but the overall state of star wars in its current form.
>>
>>84715312
You wish it was don't you, cunt? But it's not. It's some one who hates the force awakens and the dyke squad at lucas film and that rat bastard, JJ Abrams.

>>84715315
Of course he is. So try again shill, tray again and again.
>>
>>84715332
What the fuck are you even babbling about? The plinkett reviews aren't stealing the style of someone else's reviews.
>>
>>84714612
This

I think he does know the film was shit, didn't he say something about being caught up in the hype or something? Which is such a pleb thing it makes me sick.

But I figure because he gushed all over it during HITB he wanted to do a plinkett review to show ppl why he liked it like the Star Trek 2009 one. But as he was making it he realised how shit the film truly was but was too arrogant to admit he was wrong initially so he just wasted time and put out a pointless video.
>>
>>84715360
I can do whatever I want. And please, defend the shit awakens however we can. You shills are just like Mike wanting to burn up the time and the space with inconsequential things.
>>
>>84715014
wow, this is really what plinkett's review should have been
>>
>>84715324
>The recent surge of prequel love only came when TFA was announced/released and is an almost 100% contrarian response to star wars being relevant again
You're wrong here. That prequel love came from mainstream media, and they weren't saying it to be contrarian, they were saying it to hype up the new movie.
>>
>>84715392
>You wish it was don't you, cunt?
nah
>>
>>84715324
>spends TFA review bitching about prequels again
>>
>>84715332
You are legitimately mentally ill.
>>
>>84715411
A true Critic doesn't care about feelings but sadly Mike either sold out or probably blamed himself for suggesting Abrams.
>>
>>84715547
Start arguing any time
>>
>>84715475
Can I get a source on that? One of the biggest complaints of prequels was that they felt nothing like the OT and I think you are under estimating just how badly the prequels damaged the Star Wars brand. There is a reason why TFA felt like a very safe movie
>>
>>84715225
Why not report anyone who posts youtube nobodies on this board? Why are any of these faggots allowed?
>>
>>84715640
>arguing with the mentally ill
Wouldn't be right.
>>
>>84715598
>probably blamed himself for suggesting Abrams.
I haven't even considered this
>>
>>84715651
>Can I get a source on that?
Literally watch Plinkett's TFA review again.
>>
>>84715659
Standards.

Mr Plinkett reviews are excellent, informative and are about as professionally made as any review on the internet.

This guy >>84715014 is just a worthless nobody sperglord desperate for internet fame.
>>
I thought it wasn't great but it was OK, but then again, I'm a contrarian piece of shit that doesn't think that every film is either amazing or worse than AIDS
>>
>>84715598
I think his initial shilling for the movie "it was everything I hoped it would be" was because he really does think he was instrumental in making it what it was.

Which to some extent he was but only on that he raised the online prequel hate even more than it was. He actually did seem to be under the impression that JJ was hired because HE said he should be in his review and not because JJ was the only "name" director in Hollywood who didn't turn down the gig
>>
>>84715539
TFA being bad doesn't make the prequels master pieces and or turn Lucas is some misunderstood auteur. Nothing triggers me more than prequel babbies trying to feel smart by liking these objectively shit movies
>>
>le funny make crude jokes while reviewing nerd movies man

Haven't these fuckheads been forgotten yet?
>>
>>84715916
>objectively
There's that word again!
>>
>>84715916
Who's saying they are?

The prequels being bad doesn't mean TFA is great simply by virtue of it NOT being made by Lucas which is the issue.
>>
File: Hi.jpg (96KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
Hi.jpg
96KB, 600x507px
>>84715769
>Mr Plinkett reviews are excellent, informative and are about as professionally made as any review on the internet.
>>
>>84716361
They certainly take a long time to make
>>
How do you MUH DISNEY SHILLS faggots explain why they hated Rogue One?
>>
>>84713834
It was his Phantom Menace.
>>
>>84716767
It's just one idiot desperate for Youtube fame. Report and ignore.
>>
>>84714366
I love the way he claimed that people only defended or liked the prequels because of this "ring" theory. I have never heard of the ring theory before watching the video nor have I have I ever see anyone use it to defend a film.
>>
>>84717306
No, this has been a complaint about RLM for months.
>>
>>84717358
I was surprised he went there too, Mike never struck me as a guy who spends much time on fora, taking a swing at a shadow seems like a waste of time. I had an image in my head that it's something someone linked to Mike years ago on Facebook and he's been smugly stewing over it ever since in preparation for the Plinkett review, actual relevance be damned.
>>
>>84717503
While that's a perfectly valid thing to say, next time don't reply to the sperglord on a mission for youtube fame.
>>
>>84715014
hes not wrong desu
>>
Plinkett's TFA Review:

>I, Mike Stoklasa, invented internet reviews! Everybody copies me!
>Let's talk about the prequels again because I have nothing bad to say about the movie I'm actually reviewing.
>Better quickly note that there was no romance in TFA and the plot copied Star Wars 1977 just to make it seem like a Plinkett review
>>
RLM is shit

>Makes a huge deal about Rogue One having the same vehicles as the Original Trilogy despite the fact that it takes place right before episode 4
>Doesn't say anything about TFA using the same ships as the Original Trilogy despite the fact that it takes place 30 years later

No matter what your opinions are on these movies that double standard within those reviews is inexcusable
>>
>>84718237
They didn't word it very well but I think this is the crux of their issue with Rogue One in comparison to TFA:

TFA uses familiar story beats to tell a new story about new characters that ultimately begins to break new ground, fanservice elements are organically woven into the story. Rogue One has no reason to exist but to appeal to wikifags and to explain away a """"plot hole""" that no one had a problem with in the first place, and the fanservice moments are really fucking distracting, like when CGI Tarkin shows up and the movie basically pauses just to say HEY LOOK IT'S YOU'LL BE DEAD GUY!
>>
>>84718086
>>Let's talk about the prequels again because I have nothing bad to say about the movie I'm actually reviewing.
Perhaps you didn't notice, but the title of the video is not "The Force Awakens Review." There really isn't much interesting to say about the movie itself, which is why the video is focused on everything surrounding Star Wars now and not the movie itself. The movie is a satisfactory product (not movie) produced by Disney. That's the entire point of the Plinkett video.
>>
>>84715014
Ignore the shills. True RLM fans should love this review. It's only missing a piss-take in the basement.
>>
>>84713834
no, the main complaint is it's that it lacks balls

unsurprising, given the current environment in western media
>>
>>84718086
>tfa review
You might wanna look at the title of the video again.
>>
>>84718340
Not that anon, I don't even know anything about RLM, it's a morsel of /tv/ cancer I've never exposed myself to, but if these are their criticisms, they're retarded. I don't like Rogue One or TFA but it's for decent reasons.

The idea that using the plot structure of the OT to 'move forward' with new characters is somehow better than telling an original story, also with almost exclusively new characters, set before ANH, could only be conceived of by someone with a truly decayed mind
>>
>>84713834
It wasn't a good review of the movie. Just move on.
>>
No, it's a symptom of his main complaint - that it's a sterile movie made by a corporation that used focus groups to make decisions and left any warmth or real emotion out of the film
>>
>>84719202
This

Making a new story will always be better than rehashing a plot
>>
>>84713897
>>84714101
>>84714301
>>84714366
>>84714559
>>84714612
>>84714712
>>84715324
You are all wrong and/or shitposting and/or offtopic.
>>84715014
you are a shill.
>>84718947
This guy was right. Plinkett's point was not so much that he wanted to see interracial onscreen, it was that the movie had no balls whatsoever. Everything was played extremely safe. They could have had an interracial kiss, but they didn't, because muh Chinese market. They could have had a gay kiss/romance, but nope, that might cost them money. Better play it the fucking safest possible on everything so that everyone comes and watches the movie and the Mouse makes 2 billion dollars.

That's what RLM was complaining about. I'm sure they would have been equally happy seeing Rey turn out to be evil, or Finn actually getting killed in the final swordfight, or Poe sacrificing himself to take down the """"death star"""". Instead, every character we expected to live survived, it retreaded exactly what was said and done before, and undermined the successes of the last movies in order to create more of the same conflict.
>>
>>84719882
Yeah it was the chink market that stopped the interracial kiss. You're fucking delusional
>>
>>84719882
It's not fucking shilling, cunt. He exposed RLM for the shills they are.
>>
File: 1487296267412.jpg (108KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1487296267412.jpg
108KB, 998x974px
>>84719996
>>84720011
>he's now using two separate IPs to promote his youtube channel
>>
>>84713834
Im fairly certain they're in Disney's pocket since he put on the kids gloves when talking about anything TFA
>>
>when he probably knows force awaken is shit but he just pretends it's good because he said jay jay would be good at directing star wars and doesn't want to contradict himself even though it's pretty much the same movie as rogue one.
>>
>>84720178
i was really surprised by him not ripping into rey at all
>>
>>84722101
The only ripping he wanted Rey to do was rip off Finn's pants so she can see of such width that it is only dwarfed by his hips.
>>
>>84722542
*a bbc of such width
>>
sure is samefag in here
>>
would Rey turning to the dark side and Kylo turning to the light side be a shit plot point?
>>
>>84715916
I genuinely consider TFA to be worse than the prequels and I couldn't give a hot fuck if someone on a ravioli rolling tutorial webzone considers me a contrarian.
>>
>>84722679
Just watch my fucking video please cunt.
>>
>>84722542
the modern ideal of love is like a woman falling for a man, seduction, ambivalence etc. which says a women lets her guard down or becomes vulnerable (seen only as a sign of weakness) or vice versa for a man. rey is too perfect and strong independent she doesnt need finn or any man. this makes her unappealing because women dont act like this in real life. women need men a lot more than they think. youd think rey would be even a little excited about finn if she wasn't saving every bodies ass all the time
>>
>>84713834
Red Letter Media was bought off by Disney who also paid third world boiler room operations to spam postive comments for The Force Awakens.

Sanitation Trooper Finn was the Jar Jar of the film whose only attraction was Fisher, Ford, and Hamill on the big screen again.

That load has been blown.
>>
>>84715659
There is tons of great content on youtube. If we banned all youtube references we'd lose out on some great stuff.
>>
>>84713834
Didn't he say Force Awakens was everything he ever dreamed of with tears in his eyes? It was cringe as fuck.
>>
>>84724254
RLM's treatment for The Force Awakens was to avoid The Force Awakens by focusing on fandom.
>>
>>84724254
Yes

They refused to acknowledge the rehashed plot and Rey's bullshit character and it pissed me off
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.