[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you please explain why people like this movie? I just turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Can you please explain why people like this movie?

I just turned it off after about 30 minutes. Story, action, acting, "comedy" were all (intentionally?) terrible. Is it some kind of satire that I just don't get?
>>
>>84711313
Pearls before swine, you no taste pleb cunt.
>>
>>84711360
wow great explanation thank you
>>
>>84711313
It's more or less a well made B movie. Just have fun with it.
>>
>>84711399
Why waste time explaining anything to you? Its obvious you have shit taste and are under 18. Stick to capeshit.
>>
>>84711577
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
>>84711313
It is a satire. It's a satire of the action hero genre. The scene at the beginning about "Leave Jack Burton alone!" was something the studio made Carpenter add, because they didn't think audiences would get Jack *not* being the hero, but only thinking he was.
>>
>>84711802
This. Also, what's not to like about it? It's got Kurt Russell fighting fucking Raiden.
>>
I've never met anyone who didn't adore this film and now I see it being posted on /tv/ all of the time with people saying the exact same shit as the OP. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>84711313
I have a feeling you're serious. It's hard to explain why it's so well received, if you don't like it, you can't learn to like it.

I love it for its campiness, its unique style and the throwback to kung fu movies (even though it was still around the time Shaw Bros movies were still popular).

Some people don't like it, like how some don't enjoy chocolate, or sweet, soda, broccoli and certain vegetables.
>>
File: 1499389583274.gif (3MB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
1499389583274.gif
3MB, 255x248px
>>84711932
It's just bad bait.
>>
>>84711932
Cause it's the same person making this thread.
>>
>>84711658
I'm not making an argument shitheel. I'm telling you straight up that your a pleb, and are a boring shitposter. You have the opinions of cold diarrhea and the universe would be quantitatively better if you ended your life immediately.
>>
how can one see tree ninjas scenes and not think it is a satire you must be a fucking idiot then
>>
>>84711313
Yes, the satire is white action hero is useless in an Asian action movie
>>
>>84711932
They were born in the 00s
>>
>>84711313
It's a comedy that satirizes action flicks. Jack Burton thinks he's John Wayne but the reality is he's a dummy who bumbles his way through everything.
>>
>>84711932
This is my favourite film of all time and none of my friends particularly care for it. At least one actively dislikes it.

Plebs, every last one of them.
>>
>>84713656
Unironically this.
>>
OK movie is OK. I remember an awkward scene in the first 30 minutes where two separate armies of kungfumen kung fu each other to death for no apparent reason. Basically it has weird pacing. Also the final boss is killed with a knife to the head, because at the beginning of the movie the guy catches a bottle really good, so foreshadowing or something.
>>
>>84713763
>no apparent reason
>explained right before it happens

I see
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.