[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck did tetsu throw around his gun so much in the final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 51TX5F40A7L._SY445_.jpg (45KB, 309x445px) Image search: [Google]
51TX5F40A7L._SY445_.jpg
45KB, 309x445px
why the fuck did tetsu throw around his gun so much in the final shootout and more importantly, why did it work? Seriously that shit was so laughably bad. He tosses up his fucking gun, sprints in a big arc, catches it, then shoots a guy

don't care how plebeian this sounds, but how am I supposed to watch fucking garbage choreography like this after seeing something like john wick? Un-fucking-watchable

the cinematography was cool though
>>
>>84704332
Suzuki is a really bad director. Basically all post-1960 Japanese cinema is dreck, though. The Japanese are really bad at being individualistic. They think it's a matter of just being crass and wacky.
>>
>>84704381
which is a shame because a lot of the shots are beautiful

but goddamn the writing is so bland and revolves around repitition so much. How many times did we need to see the secretary laughing at that comic, how many times did we need to hear the Tokyo Drifter song, let alone tetsu fucking singing it and humming it multiple times. Like goddamn
>>
>not appreciating absurd action
>liking boring generic shit like John wick
>>
File: tokyo-drifter.png (159KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo-drifter.png
159KB, 500x216px
TOKYO NAGAREMONO
>>
>>84704468
But it is clearly trying to be cool but falling flat.Would you appreciate it if in a gangster film one of the characters spun around 4 times then hopped on one leg before shooting someone?

John wick has actual carefully timed and planned choreography. The closest Tokyo Drifter gets is when that one dude is judoing people in a field, but the camera is completely static and the choreography is very subdued.

I'd say the only thing Tokyo Drifter has over a movie like john wick in the action department is its interesting sets and abstract shots (like when tetsu is facing one way and the guy he shoots is facing another and the scene is pieced together in a way so that the audience combines the perspectives) stuff like that was cool but it was rare.
>>
>>84704558
This is perfection. There is nothing like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzwQI2kFYcY
>>
>>84704558
well one was made in the 60s and one in the 2010s.
>>
I guess it's supposed to be a joke or something. Whatever, I thought it sucked too
>>
>>84704608
I know, I'm just saying after being spoiled by modern choreography and action filming techniques, it's hard to go back and watch the action in stuff like Tokyo Drifter. I will concede that Drifter is a much much much better crime movie than Wick could ever hope to be, if it was even trying to be at all.

>>84704603
That set is fucking beautiful. But sliding his gun out and everyone standing around confused while he saunters out and picks it up is stupid, also like I said in the OP, throwing the gun up and sprinting in a circle to catch it is just so silly. Such bizarre choices.
>>
Bitch please Suzuki is a master director
>>
>>84704332
Is this the prequel to Tokyo Drift?
>>
Suzuki was fired by Nikkatsu for "making movies that make no money and no sense".

He is chaos incarnate, madness is his style of choice and logic is a phrase best left behind. His movies were shot with no rehearsal time, bare minimum of budgets and shooting time - it's a mad trip through the Looking Glass. It's never going to he a polished thing.
>>
>>84704692
Sorry man. You are a pleb. You watch movies through a reddit viewpoint.
>>
File: 1499333383335.jpg (59KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1499333383335.jpg
59KB, 680x510px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.