[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen The expanse? Read the books? I could start seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Has anyone seen The expanse? Read the books?
I could start seeing it, but I'd like an opinion
>>
First 15 episodes are easily one of the best TV sci-fi series ever made.
>>
>>84698184
wow
what about the rest?
>>
File: 1494580417125.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494580417125.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>84698129
its ok\meh with some great visuals at times .
books start at ok and get better with each one with the last few being amazing .
im still waiting for an autistically-detailed show with 10 times the budget of GoT based off of blindsight/echopraxia tho
>>
Started strong, but after the first story arc it starts to drag.

Also acting is below average save for a few actors
>>
>>84698129
dropped after first episode
nothing interesting going on
>>
>>84698184
This. It became a real snoozefest after that one character dies, haven't even finished season 2 because it got so boring toward the end.
>>
Fuck these assholes, season two get great near the end, the last two episodes are fantastic. As I fan of the books I'm keen as fuck for season three
>>
File: alf.jpg (108KB, 1200x1040px) Image search: [Google]
alf.jpg
108KB, 1200x1040px
okok
this is enough for me to start seeing it
thx guys
>>
>>84698129
Still waiting for the Hyperion tv show, the expanse is fine, best sci fi atm.
>>
The acting is pretty below average but the sci-fi detail is probably the best you will see.

If you can stomach some boring arcs, you'll like it.
A lot of people dropped it though and the series is getting cancelled.
>>
>>84698129
It was great until they killed off the character that was basically carrying the entire show.
>>
>>84699078
its not, at least not for another season.
>>
>>84698129

Best actor/character dies, most boring actor/character gets too much screentime (Holden).

Also lots of filler shit in second season, still it's a decent sci-fi.
>>
>book delayed to end of year

brehs
>>
I liked it for a while but it got too formulaic and bored me to tears eventually.
>>
really strange comments in this thread.

I found s1 gets started on real slow and draggy. it picks up very well from s01ep04 onwards.

whereas s2 instead is a bomb and it's got great pacing and constant suspance with no breaks.
sucks that each episode is only 40 mins long and we have to wait til 2018 for s3.

also, everyone in this show is a fucking pajeet (due to writer being pajeet himself) and muh fucking diversity and characters are either stronk independent wymyn or submissive mangina beta males.
>>
>>84699191
>Best actor/character
miller is such a cuck that he "falls in love" with a strong woman that he has never even met before, and his whole arc is led just because of his desperate thirst for pussy.
pathetic.
>>
>>84699676
What the fuck, I hope English is your second language.
>>
>>84699676
> stronk independent wymyn or submissive mangina beta males.
strong woymen yes
submissive beta males no
>>
>>84698129

the thing about this series is that the main char is not the protagonist somehow. Theyre caught between multi protagonist and a shitty main char who cannot act and is just in opposition to whatever the other crew members wants
>>
File: 1497272530412.jpg (106KB, 499x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497272530412.jpg
106KB, 499x400px
>>84699191
>>84699815
Doesn't help that he only knows how to make this expression.
>>
>>84699739
>submissive beta males no
ok, let's see:

>mangina tier
-miller,
-amos (literally naomi's bitch),
-alex (he always needs naomi's validation/compliments),
-everyone who listens to naomi's BS,
-all the people who died because they listened to julie mao's "cause",
-soldiers scared of Bobbie just because she's a fat huge maori,
-holden was ok at the beginning, then becomes like everybody else when he gets into a romance with naomi,
-all the pajeet bootlickers of avasarala, including the UN Secr Gen, who's the betaest of them all
-the Ganymede plants biologist

>ok tier
-fred johnson?
-avasarala's aide?
-errinwright?

>alpha tier
-maybe jean pierre mao
-maybe Dawes

is that all? who else?
>>
>>84699815
the books are based on point of views just like game of thrones.
the narration style is similar with multi main chars.

some actors cant act for shit. see chrisjen avasarala's, bobbie's actresses or holden's actor - to give examples.
>>
There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy will allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.
>>
>>84699954
>Hope you faggots enjoy reading.
Am afraid I won't be able to wait for the seasons to come out and will have to continue on the books...

Compared to the books tho, how's the quality of the adaption to television series?
>>
>>84699883
For holden and alex i agree they are the bich boys but the other fags are fine.
Ohh you listen to the head of the UN you are a total geylord then. He is the head of state they will obey.
>>
>>84699954
nah i have other sci fi to reed.
>>
>tfw season 2 is not on netflix yet
motherfuckers
>>
>>84700032
>july 2017
>being still subscribed to netflix
heh
>>
>>84700052
i'm a lazy fuck, ok?
>>
>>84699954
Dude FUCK OFF
>>
>>84700063
>this desperate attempt to cover up that you're technologically illiterate
Torrenting something is like four clicks and a few typed words.
>>
>>84699017

this. give post ep-5 of season 2 a chance. Bobby may grow on you, and the supporting cast is as great as ever. I really enjoyed it all the way through. Eager for more.
>>
>>84702379
check
>>84699676
>>
I love it but I thought season two arcs should have been swapped. I mean I get that the first arc is the continuation of what happened in season 2 but everything felt more important and bigger.
I would have preferred the caliban arc to be the first part of the season
>>
>>84698129
books are better
>>
>>84698129
yes. it's an entertaining show, has some problems but the story is pretty good. i couldn't wait until next year to see what happens with the story so i picked up the books and read them all. the first couple eps of next season are going to get pretty nuts, and the third book is by far the best book in the series. fourth book is almost as good as the third, but it really slows down after that and turns into belter space niggers doing space nigger shit.
>>
>>84699883
>>alpha tier
>-maybe jean pierre mao
>-maybe Dawes
>
>is that all? who else?

Turn in your nerd card.
>>
File: s02e09 Roci and Somnambulist.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
s02e09 Roci and Somnambulist.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>
>>
>>84699883
>>alpha tier
clarissa/spoiler]
marco
>>
>stay away from the aqua
>>
>>84699954
post the webm
>>
>>84698459
major character dies

So it depends on if you like the others or not.
>>
>>84698129
It's good and you should watch it instead of browsing /tv/
>>
>>84698129
The show is a mixed bag, some great visuals and occasionally great acting but mostly pretty bad acting.

The books are better.
>>
>>84699883
>soldiers scared of Bobbie just because she's a fat huge maori,
It's a semi-realistic sci-fi, so a girl who got strong bones implants and shit will be stronger than beltlets or marslets.
>>
Very good background and worldbuilding, sets are ok even if even more repeated than a latino soap opera but the real problem is the acting, it's so bad it's not even funny.
>>
>>84699954
>look up the books on Amazon
>all of them 600 pages minimum

These modern sci-fi writers are desperate need of some editors, why are their books so fucking bloated?
>>
>>84705475
the books aren't bloated. i'm a slow reader and they didn't take me long to read. the only filler i can remember from the first four books is anna, that's about it.
>>
I want Bobbie to sit on my face.
>>
>>84705593
They are bloated. Ray Bradbury, Arthur C Clarke and Isaac Asimov are capable of writing medium-sized books of like 300 pages. Why are hacks like GRR Martin and whoever wrote The Expanse writing these humongous books? I guarantee most of it is just boring, hamfisted exposition and description anyway.
>>
>>84698129
I watched the first season. Only watched it to the end for completion's sake. The characters are absolutely awfully written. Most of the ideas are ripped off from older sci-fi works.

It's mediocre.
>>
>>84705830
you haven't read the books, they are not bloated.
>>
>>84705903
>600 pages a piece, 3 books in the series
I can read 6 different 300 pages books by 6 different authors in the time it would take me to read The Expanse. No thanks. Enjoy your descriptions of outer space and people's faces.
>>
>>84706107
jesus christ you're autistic
>>
>>84704300
Her size isn't really accurately portrayed in the show, I think. I mean she looks like a big girl, but the books really describe her as this massive, hulking brute. She's well over 6 ft tall and corded with muscle, literally an Amazon. Also one of my favorite characters. I didn't like her at first, but she grew a lot on me.
>>
>>84706294
not only that but her suit makes her even larger. the suit in the show looks like a plastic pile of shit, the suit in the books is some iron man tier shit
>>
>>84698638
drop yourself off of a bridge
>>
>>84706224
Not an argument
>>
>>84706107
Get laid.

Do it for Miller.
>>
I tried it. It had a great first couple episodes and a strong concept but midway through the first season it just gets bad. Acting for most of the main crew is sub-par and the story gets drawn-out and boring.
>>
File: The.Expanse.204.webm (986KB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
The.Expanse.204.webm
986KB, 1066x600px
>>84706107
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.