[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were there so many black sitcoms in the 90s and early 2000s,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: blacksitcoms.jpg (147KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
blacksitcoms.jpg
147KB, 750x400px
Why were there so many black sitcoms in the 90s and early 2000s, but pretty much none today? They were comfy and I'm white :-/
>>
Promoting family values could lead to blacks becoming less reliant on the government and not voting 95% democrat
>>
Anyone else really fucking hate Richard Pryor
>>
>>84669130
They were too honest and simple. The average teen today wants several layers of irony in his humor and plots, and blacks can't deliver that.
>>
There is a channel called bounce. It is filled with them.
>>
>>84669130
I miss "everyone hates chris" that was pretty good. There was another show that is not in OPs pic, but I don't remember the name that was cool too
>>
>>84669130
Mid nineties were a strange time of white guilt mixed with capitalism. Black culture was hip and commercially viable so networks put money into them. They used decent writers, had a budget and followed the typical sitcom format of success.
>>
>>84669197
You are out of your fucking mind if you think even a notable minority of the teen population exists that could appreciate layered irony in plot and humor. So much so that I'm convinced you're either trolling or not using "irony" properly
>>
>>84669197
All the kids and teens I know love old re-runs of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
>>
>>84669259
They don't appreciate irony, they just require it because being honest and straightforward isn't cool anymore.
>>
>>84669130
Fresh Prince > all
>>
>>84669130
UPN was actually a thing back then. BET can't compare.
>>
>>84669130
The 70s and 80s had extremely popular black-led sitcoms as well.

as to why you don't see them anymore?

they were an experiment to see if exposing black culture to wholesome western family values would change their behavior.

the experiment failed.

the black children watching cosby, good times, different strokes, family matters became the black teens and black twenties that caused a gang crime epidemic in the US in the mid-90s.

the idea that role models could and would change anything about black behavior has been an absolute failure.

michael jackson, prince, oprah, michael jordan up to kanye and obama today didn't change anything.

gang crime is as bad as ever. 2 million blacks in prison. 80% out of wedlock kids. the majority of black kids not in a 2 parent household.

thats why they stopped making as much black sitcoms, they're helpless people.
>>
>>84669457
Your overthinking, they didn't care about helping black families all they wanted to do was replicate the success of The Cosby Show and make more money.
>>
>>84669165
But...there are more white people on government assistance than blacks and they vote for people that want to limit their benefits
>>
>>84669165
fpbp
>>
>>84669528
blacks are 14% of the population. dumbass.
>>
>>84669528
Cops kill more white people than blacks too makes you think huh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.