[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have quips become a necessity in every movie? Literally everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 11````.jpg (26KB, 596x393px) Image search: [Google]
11````.jpg
26KB, 596x393px
Why have quips become a necessity in every movie? Literally everything that doesn't have quips will be eaten alive by critics, and all films now are trying to copy the "marvel quip" formula

This is something that started just a few years ago, pretty bizarre

pic kind of related
>>
Youtube-raised millennials have short attention spans.
>>
The ongoing dumbing down of media. Soon we will be burning books.
>>
coral
>>
File: guardians of the reddit.webm (2MB, 720x336px) Image search: [Google]
guardians of the reddit.webm
2MB, 720x336px
Speaking of quips, they actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie
>>
Yeah there were never any quips before Marvel.

Can you imagine how stupid it would be to have the villain say "I'll be back" and then ram a car into a police station?
>>
>>84657353
This is reddit... This is memes/10
>>
File: negan vampire bat.png (532KB, 906x514px) Image search: [Google]
negan vampire bat.png
532KB, 906x514px
>>84657228
>pic kind of related
You mean Negan? You're a dumb faggot if you think he's the result of Disney ruining cinema.
>>
>>84657228
A reminder that when House first aired, early reviews expressed skepticism that you could have a show led by a misanthropic, jerk character. Or at least, that it was hard to pull off and worked rarely. That attitude just sounds quaint now. I think of RDJ's role as Iron Man to be the real turning point when people decided that what they really wanted from a likable charismatic lead is someone who makes pithy little verbal jabs at everyone and has a big ego. I mean, he was fun in that movie, and everyone was surprised at how good he was in that role, but then it became the template for all of this too-cool-for-school Marvel dialogue.
>>
>>84657387
That isn't really a quip though
>>
>>84657387
Of all the iconic Arnold lines to choose from, you picked one that's not a quip and became popular by accident.
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-Movie-2012.jpg (70KB, 1025x657px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-Movie-2012.jpg
70KB, 1025x657px
Yeah, I heard ya hotshot.

What?

I said... HOTSHOT.
>>
>>84657228
because movie critics don't understand that a movie is meant to be funny unless there's a joke every 3 seconds
Some movie critics of the time were confused by Commando, thinking it was a 100% straight faced serious movie, even though it had quite a few one liners
Movie critics and audiences are literally retarded, they're dumber than the average brick layer
>>
>>84657494
Sorry, I was just watching Terminator and that scene had come on.
>>
File: 1480100018037.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480100018037.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>84657353
>chris pratt wasting his talent on quippy shit
>>
>>84657353
just make your own movies with sub mil budget and revive cinema
>>
>>84657353
I'm glad it's not just me
>>
>>84657228
Because the movie culture that's been cultivated for a while now is hyper aware and sarcastic and ironic. "It doesn't take itself too seriously" is instantly a good thing now, where as trying to deliver a movie with a more serious tone and something which actually attempts something ambitious but maybe doesn't quite stick the landing by having a plothole for instance is now instantly bad even though in reality it's far better than the safe quipfest we've seen hundreds of times.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.