[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey you just made me coffee, and this is crazy, but throw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Baby_Driver_poster[1].jpg (122KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Driver_poster[1].jpg
122KB, 220x326px
>Hey you just made me coffee, and this is crazy, but throw everything in your life away and run away with me
>>
>not just willing to give up everything and leave with some crazy hot girl

Not living desu
>>
>>84650857
I like this post
>>
>>84650857
He was running away from the mob, she was the waitress who was a little bored and ran off with him after about 2 minutes of screentime.
>>
>>84650815
She was a young waitress who didn't have much of a life. Her running off with Baby is completely believable. Women can be extremely impulsive.
>>
Baby Driver is just "What 4chan aspies think would happen if they had any worthwhile talent: the movie"

Shame that this comes from the same guy who made Scott Pilgrim and those Ice Cream movies.
>>
>>84650815
Is it just me, or did their relationship and some scenes in the movie remind anyone else of Bonnie and Clyde? Wright doesn't cite the movie as influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK-5ClrpvsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmUpso_xT8
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 2000x1125px
>>84650815
She's lonely and he's cute. I think if he was ugly, she would've just spit in his food.
>>
He's a chad, 99% she will do whatever he asks
>>
>>84651127
The two dude weed guys he steals the car from literally call them bonnie and clyde
>>
File: laughing.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>84650815
>>84650934
>WHY IS THIS YOUNG WOMAN BEING ILLOGICAL?!
Is this bait?
>>
>>84650936
I guess I was a woman all along. Fuck.
>>
>>84651349
yeah, I know, but was that supposed to be intentional? I haven't seen anybody talking about it or comparing the two films.

Everybody compares Buddy and Darling to Bonnie and Clyde, but that's such a shallow surface level comparison.
>>
Note to you fags who have never done shit. This is what young people in love act like. I should know i used to be young.
>>
>>84650815
>you have to do this job
I DON'T WANNA
>the job is cancelled
>NO WE HAVE TO DO IT
>>
>>84652077
This is true. But, it does skip the part where the girl gets knocked up, the guy bails, and then the girl is on tinder looking for the career-oriented dudes she should've been looking for in the first place but instead got with some idiot that made her feel excited.
>>
>>84651349
Bonnie and Bonnie
>>
>>84651612
No way. How would have he even thought there were similarities? He only included a referential joke. It was most likely a complete accident and he just picked a random movie title.
>>
>>84652167
Thats what youth is.
>>
>>84652128
They were gonna kill him on the way home
>>
>>84650934
She literally said she had nothing in her life.
>>
>>84652245
Either way, I think the movies and the interaction between Debora and Baby are somewhat similar.
If it really wasn't intentional and Wright only had them called "Bonnie and Clyde" cause she's blonde and they were stealing a car, he's even more of hack than I thought.
>>
>>84652327

Its shown Spacey's character would kill just because you dropped a gun in the getaway. He is extremely professional and he cares for Baby. If Baby had said no, he wouldn't have risked forcing Baby to do the job. He would have killed Bats for killing his police contacts, and Buddy and Darling would have been mad about cancelling the job but they wouldn't kill Baby over it. All his problems would have been solved.

The whole tape thing blew over when it was shown they were just mixes that Baby made. It all went to shit because out of nowhere, went it came time to make a "big boy decision" Baby fucked up. He got a whole lot of people killed when he could have said no.
>>
>>84650951
Waaa I hating on Edgar wright because I'm a self hating pom and he's popular the post
>>
>>84652670
I said it was a shame it came from him. That means I expected a better movie from him.

Criticism can come from a replace of respect, moron.
>>
This was an objectively good movie.
>>
>>84652077
>young people wait 5 years for a man they knew for two weeks to get out of prison instead of moving on

Yeah ok
>>
>>84652830
That's actually a really good point
>>
>>84651337
Lol it doesn't work that way bro. Get ff the internet sometime
>>
>>84652830
I didn't take the ending as literal. It's what he imagines happening when he gets out after reading the letters. The fact that neither of them age in 5 years and the whole thing plays like a dream sequence seemed to suggest that much to me anyway.
>>
>>84652489
how fucking thick are you? why are you even pondering this? there's literally no way it wasn't intentional, especially when we're talking about a director as willfully derivative as Wright.
>>
>>84653124
yeah but the colors and the kissing
and it has more detail than the previous similar dream sequence
>>
File: damb (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg (81KB, 940x646px) Image search: [Google]
damb (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg
81KB, 940x646px
>>84653190
>as willfully derivative as Wright.
>>
>>84653351
i don't really mean that as a criticism, his films are fun as fuck, but they're riddled with homages and direct visual quotes and references and whatnot.
>>
>>84653413
Yeah, I don't get the new meme that Edgar Wright is some brilliant filmmaker, but I've seen it all over here, Reddit, and YouTube.
He's definitely talented, but the idea that he's one of the greats because he made a few fun comedies is ridiculous.
Baby Driver is good and I'm glad he's aiming to do work with more substance, but it has amaeturish mistakes, like a film school student was given a big budget.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.