[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 Cloverfield Lane was so unlike any movie that has come out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x902px
In an era where everything is ridiculously spelled out for the audience and over explained and with all kinda of sequels this was a great movie to watch. You know there are all kinds of gigantic big picture stuff going on in the world but all you ever get is just a tiny part of it with a group of 3 people, and even among the people in the bunker you still don't get the full story on all of them, just bits and pieces. Goodmans character was the most interesting for sure though. When MEW gets out of the bunker at the end you get a little taste of what's happening but that's it. I know this is a contradictory statement but it felt really good finishing this movie and not truly knowing how everything started and what's going to happen.

I hope this won't change the thread at all because I'd like to know what you all thought about this movie too but if any of you have any recommendations for other movies where some big events are going on but the story is singled in on a small part or single aspect instead of the full scale of what's going on I'd like to know. It's nice getting to use your imagination for the outside world of the movie instead of having it explained to you point by point.
>>
>>84644550
tl;dr lol
>>
>>84644564
You can ignore the second paragraph completely that's just asking for other movie recommendations.
>>
>>84644550
John Goodman was actually good.
>>
I loved it too, and Goodman was indeed fantastic.

Can't really think of any recs, sorry. The Lobster barely touches on the wider implications of the society or world outside of it, I guess.
>>
>>84644767
>the lobster
I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this but loved the trailer. That's exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>84644695
>actually

John Goodman always gives a great performance regardless of the film's quality. Never phones it in. Honestly deserved an oscar nom for cloverfield
>>
>>84645028
>John Goodman always gives a great performance

Kong: Skull Island begs to differ.
>>
It would have been much better if there were no aliens.
>>
>>84644550

Coherence and the Invitation popped into my head. Both focus entirely on a single dinner party. I'd recommend not looking anything else up about them
>>
movie fukn sucked
fuk mew btw,
>>
>>84646145
Fuck you, pig
>>
>>84646083
This. Half the fun of the original Cloverfield movie was not actually getting a good look at the monster itself for more than a few seconds at a time or knowing why it was there. Movie went from revolving around a tense ongoing psychological situation with Michelle not being able to entirely trust in Howard to her driving off into the distance to join fucking XCOM and fight the alien resistance taking over the planet
>>
>>84644550
Holy shit this is what sub 100 IQ people really think. The film is shit and Goodman and Mew can't act.
>>
>>84644550
the movie is fucking shit. it is laughable to wrote all that and posted in confidence
>>
What the fuck are you on? It was mediocre until the end when it went full retard mode.
>>
>>84646525
sup mew, you sucked in sky high.
>>
File: images (25).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>84646145

>fuck mew btw

She if SEXY AS FUCK in this movie so you being gay is the only explanation for your post.
>>
>>84644550
I agree with most of what you wrote, this movie has undeniable qualities, but the ending of the movie was too fucking corny.

I think Goodman's character could've been just a bit more ambiguous (i.e. slightly less obviously murderous towards the end), but he was really good regardless.
>>
>>84646142
The invitation was fantastic! Never got a chance to see the other one.
>>
>>84645028
reddit
>>
>tall
>wavy brunette hair
>dfc
>pirate booty

is there a better combo?
>>
I have a theory
people who like original Cloverfield
>like Cloverfield Lane ending
people who don't
>don't
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.