[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What movies do you mourn for, since they'll never be made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0127.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.gif
1MB, 500x375px
What movies do you mourn for, since they'll never be made?

Kubrick's Napoleon
>After the success of 2001, Kubrick planned a large-scale biographical film about Napoleon Bonaparte. He "tried to see every film that was ever made on the subject," including Abel Gance's Napoléon and the Soviet film series War and Peace, neither of which he liked. He also conducted research, read books about the French emperor, and wrote a preliminary screenplay which has since become available on the internet. With the help of assistants, he meticulously created a card catalog of the places and deeds of Napoleon's inner circle during its operative years. Kubrick scouted locations, planning to film large portions of the film on location in France, in addition to the use of United Kingdom studios. The director was also going to film the battle scenes in Romania and had enlisted the support of the Romanian army; senior army officers had committed 40,000 soldiers and 10,000 cavalrymen to Kubrick's film for the paper costume battle scenes.
Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness
>We thought we had a very good, safe package. It was $150 [million], Tom Cruise and James Cameron producing, ILM doing the effects, here’s the art, this is the concept, because I really think big-scale horror would be great … but there was a difference of opinion; the studio didn’t think so. The R [rating] was what made it. If Mountains had been PG-13, or I had said PG-13 … I’m too much of a Boy Scout, I should have lied, but I didn’t.
>However, in April 2012, del Toro posted that, due to the resemblance in premise with the Ridley Scott film Prometheus, the project would probably face a "long pause—if not demise".
>>
>>84639476
>since they'll never be made
you know he absorbed most of his Napoleon footage into Barry Lyndon right
Del Toro used his gothic set pieces for Crimson Peak (from when they're at Miskatonic before the expedition)
>>
>>84639476
I'm unironically curious to what could've been for Nolan bat trilogy if Heath was alive for full production of each film
>>
>>84639476
Jodorowsky's Dune. Seeing all the talent that came into pre-production, and all the ideas it inspired years after, it was such a shame it never materialized. Jodo could still do it. I don't think it would be as groundbreaking as if it was made back then, but it would still be something heavy.
>>
>>84639721
>the Jodorowsky meme
I fucking hate that cunt he's insufferable
he jerked himself off about another one of his own films, The Dance of Reality, as much as he did Dune
I saw it, half the cast was his own family and Jodo is clearly incapable of anything beyond a dated surrealism
if his Dune was ever actually made it would have been much worse than Lynch's, believe me
>>
>>84639721
hmmm yes, I too would love to sniff Jodorowsky farts and hear the sound he does while shitting on Herbert for three hours straight

c'mon, get real, the guy is insane, no way Dune would have been even decent, and I say this after having seen the docu about it
>>
That batshit insane Gladiator sequel.
>>
>>84639476
The Day the Clown Cried. Seriously, best comedy plot ever.
>>
that Japanese Jurassic Park remake, I think Anno was involved in the first stages of the project
the concept art looked cool
>>
Paul Verhoeven's "Crusade" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
>>
>>84640187
Now this I want to hear.
>>
>>84639721
It would have been shit, you fell for Jodo's revisionist pitch
also anyone who mentions Del Toro can fuck off he is production poison and just announces every little idea he has in his head as if it's already being filmed
>>
>>84640403
>Anno was involved
so he would have found some way to just make it about Evangelion?
>>
>>84640281
It'll come out soon
>>
>>84640577
Basically Maximus becomes a God of War and spends the rest of his life fighting on the front lines from antiquity through to the present day. The movie would end with Maximus as a General inside the Pentagon commanding and directing the United States war efforts.
>>
File: Spider-Man_(James_Cameron).jpg (24KB, 317x484px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_(James_Cameron).jpg
24KB, 317x484px
James Camerons Spiderman

>In 1990, Carolco Pictures originally bought the rights to Spider-Man from Menahem Golan for 5 million and were planning a 50 million budget version of the film. Carolco then hired James Cameron to write, direct produce, but Carolco wouldn't pay if Cameron submitted a script. Toward the end of shooting True Lies, Variety carried the announcement that Carolco Pictures had received a completed screenplay from James Cameron.This script bore the names of James Cameron, John Brancato, Ted Newsom, Barry [sic] Cohen and "Joseph Goldmari", a typographical scrambling of Golan's pen name ("Joseph Goldman") with Marvel executive Joseph Calamari. The script text was identical to the one Golan submitted to Columbia the previous year, with the addition of a new 1993 date. Cameron stalwart Arnold Schwarzenegger was frequently linked to the project as the director's choice for Dr. Octopus. Months later, James Cameron submitted an undated 47-page "scriptment" with an alternate story (the copyright registration was dated 1991), part screenplay, part narrative story outline. The "scriptment" told the Spider-Man origin, but used variations on the comic book characters Electro and Sandman as villains. This "Electro" (named Carlton Strand, instead of Max Dillion) was a megalomaniacal parody of corrupt capitalists. Instead of Flint Marko's character, Cameron’s "Sandman" (simply named Boyd) is mutated by an accident involving Philadelphia Experiment-style bilocation and atom-mixing, in lieu of getting caught in a nuclear blast on a beach. The story climaxes with a battle atop the World Trade Center and had Peter Parker revealing his identity to Mary Jane Watson. In addition, the treatment was also heavy on profanity, and had Spider-Man and Mary Jane having sex on the Brooklyn Bridge.
>>
>>84640866
sounds awful desu
>>
>>84639721
I don't think it would have been a good movie, but it could have been really interesting nonetheless.
>>
File: 242e4q9.jpg (28KB, 504x294px) Image search: [Google]
242e4q9.jpg
28KB, 504x294px
>>84640562
THIS!
It would have been hilarious with the film existing in today's world.
Arnold - the epitome of man and a real Ubermensch killing all kinds of subhumans in the name of Jesus Christ would have triggered kikes, niggers and sandnigger goat fucking muslims, plus all the sjw transracial transgender lgbt femen libshit deranged degenerates into constant ptsd.

It would have been the ultimate kino.
I truly miss Verhoeven triggering people left and right.
>>
>>84640892

>This treatment reflected elements in previous scripts: from Leslie Stevens's treatment, organic web-shooters, and a villain who tempts Spider-Man to join a coming "master race" of mutants; from the original screenplay and rewrite, weird electrical storms causing blackouts, freak magnetic events and bi-location; from Ethan Wiley's draft, a villain addicted to toxic super-powers and multiple experimental spiders, one of which escapes and bites Peter, causing an hallucinatory nightmare invoking Franz Kafka’s The Metamorphosis; from Frank LaLoggia's treatment, a blizzard of stolen cash fluttering down onto surprised New Yorkers; and from Neil Ruttenberg's screenplay, a criminal assault on the NYC Stock Exchange. In 1991, Carolco Pictures extended Golan’s option agreement with Marvel through May 1996, but in April 1992, Carolco ceased active production on Spider-Man due to continued financial and legal problems.
>>
File: 1487828048701.jpg (19KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1487828048701.jpg
19KB, 300x188px
>>84640403
>>
>>84640907
Thats absolute kino ya pea brain small minded child

>>84640940
The primary reason it didn't get made was because Verhoeven freaked out on the kike producers who wanted a time table to justify the movies budget and Verhoeven lost his shit because you don't put a time table on art, or something to that effect. Arnold was kicking him in the leg under the table the whole time. They had already secured funding and just had to give the execs and producers some bullshit they wanted to hear.
>>
>>84640907
He forgot to mention that the gods engineered all the tragedy that happened to Maximus to make him really angry. The reason for this was that the gods were vanishing because a newcomer appeared and got all the worship, and they needed somebody who would take that guy out of the picture.

Yes, Maximus was going to return to kill Jesus.
>>
>>84641070
>Thats absolute kino ya pea brain small minded child

Kino was Maximus, a single man going through all these struggles, losing his rank, his freedom, his family, and finally sacrificing his own life for a cause greater than himself and finally going in peace to Elysium.

"MUH GOD OF WAR" is pure faggotry and would have ruined all the sacrifice and symbolism of the original Gladiator.
>>
>>84640403
it really was
and for what we know it seemed to deviate less from the book than the original one
>>
a topiary by shane carruth
just too fucking far ahead of its time

also the chronicle trilogy by max landis considering its the only good thing he ever did
>>
File: paularnie9.jpg (24KB, 358x265px) Image search: [Google]
paularnie9.jpg
24KB, 358x265px
>>84641070
but did they fuck?
>>
>>84641080
>return to kill Jesus

but Maximus doesn't die until like 185 AD, well over a century after the death of Christ.

>>84641166
>muh god of war
>using kino unironically

where do you think God of War stole that shit from? You wouldn't know absolute kino if it butt fucked you raw
>>
>>84641200
Landis is suffering for his fathers sins. What's topiary?
>>
>>84639721
Metabarons > Jodo's Dune
>>
>>84639476
Meh, you got Waterloo.
Kubrick could have probably topped it but Waterloo is a great film and the subject has been covered many times over like you said.

The last time I got excited about a director's prospects was Ridley Scot on Exodus.... Really wish it never happened
>>
File: dead end.jpg (74KB, 720x443px) Image search: [Google]
dead end.jpg
74KB, 720x443px
>>84641996
its a dead end

its a script written by shane carruth, the guy who did Primer and Upstream color. the guy never got the budget to do it.
>>
>>84640940
>I truly miss Verhoeven triggering people left and right.
>too dumb to realize Verhoeven literally made fun of people like you
Robocop is a stab at absurd 80's capitalism.
So is Total Recall, where the bad guy is a capitalist selling air to poor underpaid workers.
Starship Troopers is a satire on overmilitarization and shits all over the original book.

How can you be so dumb?
>>
>>84640866
Thats literally God of War meets Assasins Creed.
>>
>>84641278
Gladiator 2 could have been about Maximus saving the teachings of Rome. He lived just about when Rome is on its last legs.
>>
>>84639476
the good version of the 1997 remake of the island of dr moroe, so much potential, too much bullshit
>>
>>84643352
>criticism
>cannot spell what xe criticises
>>
>>84642932
He's only familiar with the memes and never actually watched any of his movies
>>
I was gonna say Gilliam's Don Quixote but that might actually come out soon
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.