[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it doesnt matter what Rotten Tomatoes says this movie is still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: getout_by_eddieholly-db0ji4n.jpg (174KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
getout_by_eddieholly-db0ji4n.jpg
174KB, 730x1095px
it doesnt matter what Rotten Tomatoes says this movie is still underrated this movie is the matrix of this generation
>>
I'm not american so I have not interest in watching your basketball american propaganda
>>
>>84638510
Get Out has been rated higher than both The Shawshank Redemption and Schindler's List.

Could someone please explain what made this movie so brilliant, other than how it brought up some social issues?
>>
>>84638559
It was made by a black person and starred black people and had white people as the villains
>>
it's not a scary horror movie or a funny comedy.
what is it supposed to be?
>>
>>84638559
>>84638510
It's an original idea that had mediocre execution. It was also topical which gave it reviewer brownie points.
>>
File: get-out-movie-one.jpg (26KB, 750x312px) Image search: [Google]
get-out-movie-one.jpg
26KB, 750x312px
>>84638559
its beyond the social issues

when the deer was dying and he looked at it What do you think he felt ? & it wasnt that his mother died from being hit by a car there is a reason the studio made Jordan Peele take out some if the later deer scenes
>>
>>84638651
you will never understand you still taped
this movie is going to become the next ??????? IDK a comparison

but it will be ?????????IDK a comparison
>>
>>84638539
/thread
>>
>>84638592
I thought it was pretty funny. Underneath it all, it felt like an examination of the old "white people vs black people in a horror movie" joke and I loved it. It's not perfect, but it was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a while and the hypnosis scene legit made me feel uncomfortable. That rarely happens in movies for me. Bonus points for being an original screenplay instead of an adaption/remake/sequel no one asked for.
>>
>>84638781
>all these subjective opinions
name 1 (one) joke that made you laugh (and not just chuckle or grin).
nice to see you ignoring that it's also supposed to be a horror movie as well.
>>
>>84638559
>every black character is portrayed heroically
>every white character is portrayed negatively
>matter of factly states that black people are genetically superior to white people several times

it ticks all the liberal boxes
>>
File: 11351709824_e1e0687806_b.jpg (109KB, 864x691px) Image search: [Google]
11351709824_e1e0687806_b.jpg
109KB, 864x691px
>>84638867
fuck that the libtard think do u honestly think this movie is just

>black character are the hero
>every white character is (EVIL) nothing else to them
> & a way for the director to say black people are genetically superior to white people

Is that your take away from this
>>
>>84638839
A self-aware dark dramedy. I don't know why it was marketed as a horror.

>name 1 (one) joke that made you laugh (and not just chuckle or grin)

So you can then tell me how that joke wasn't subjectively funny to you? It wasn't laugh out loud, but I had a smile on my face for most of it.
>>
>>84638961
is your point that it points out the hypocrisy of liberals?

because that doesn't make it any less shit
>>
>>84638961
Those are statements of fact. Every black character is portrayed heroically. Every white character is portrayed negatively. It matter of factly states that black people are genetically superior to white people several times. Have you even watched the movie?
>>
>>84638991
what joke? you havent said any jokes?
>>
>>84638559
USA television and cinema went beyond the point of no return, now niggers, commies, marxists, brainwashed and brainwashers are the very texture of these two industries, the result is "in soviet russia shit movies rate you"
>>
Lmao at all the spergs whining about "m-muh liberal agenda". It's a very well written and well executed horror-comedy, and that's why it gets the praise. The "hurr durr white people are evil" thing was a marketing gimmick that you fell straight into.

Also, what I liked the most is the protagonist of a horror film not being fucking retarded and acting mostly like a regular dude would in those circumstances. It's basically how I'm getting all my friends to watch it, and they're all loving it for that reason.
>>
>>84638559
>Get Out has been rated higher than both The Shawshank Redemption and Schindler's List.

Different genres, different premises, different expectations for each. More importantly, internet and newspaper reviews are easier to collect which is why comparing internet scores of old films is brainlet-tier.
>>
>>84639179
you'll understand when you grow up.
>>
>>84639179
>The "hurr durr white people are evil" thing was a marketing gimmick that you fell straight into.
It's the entire premise of the movie.
>>
>>84639179
>the protagonist wasn't fucking retarded
did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>84638510

A beautiful white woman like that will never be with an ass ugly nigger like him. That's the first thing which bothers me the most. The nigga should have known she's out of his league and should have thought about all the thing being fishy since the beginning.
>>
>>84639244
I kinda agree with him on that though. Care to elaborate why you don't?
>>
>>84639221
I mean, yeah, the plot is what it is, and it's satirizing certain kinds of racism, but leaping from there to "OMG THIS MOVIE IS RACIST TOWARDS WHITE PEOPLE FUCKING SJWS RUINING EVERYTHING" is either trolling or retarded.

But then again, 4chan.
>>
File: 141553534464.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
141553534464.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>84639576
>>
>>84639275
>t.mad white boi
That's funny because they're dating irl

BLACKED
>>
>>84638651
it's not even an original idea
>>
>>84639179
>It's a very well written
no
>and well executed
nope
>horror-comedy
even people who like it can't decide what parts are supposed to be funny or scary
>>
>>84639576
It isn't satire.
>>
>>84639387
basically he's a completely passive idiot who doesn't reach in anyway to anything around him
>he doesn't suspect anything until far too late
>he trusts his girlfriend up to the end of the film even though anyone else would have been suspicious as fuck from the beginning seeing how strange she acts and how they have zero chemistry between them
>he never calls anyone out on their obvious bullshit (the woman claiming she unplugged his phone to clean, his girlfriend pretending not to know about the party)
>he literally has to have the plot of the movie explained to him at the end even though the audience has figured it out essentially from the beginning
>he lets himself be hypnotized even though he claims he doesn't want to/is suspicious
>anytime something weird happens he just accepts it even though the protagonist is supposed to be someone the audience can relate to, and the fact that he sees the weird shit as normal makes him seem autistic
>he doesn't recognise the guy he's supposed to know or ask why he's there
>he doesn't turn off the flash when trying to take a sneaky photo (admittedly this turns out to be in his benefit)
>he never confronts any of the other black people for being weirdos
essentially for the whole movie he's lagging behind the audience because we're watching him trying to figure out shit we already know, although half of this can be because of pacing problems and the fact that the audience is treated like an idiot. at the end he has to be told by the guy on the tv exactly what is going which is just an exposition dump of stuff that the audience mostly has already figured out, which is lazy writing.
the only smart (and charismatic) character in the movie was the TSA guy because he figured it out at the same time as the audience and was suspicious from the start.
>>
>>84640020
>even people who like it can't decide what parts are supposed to be funny or scary
You aren't supposed to be able to distinguish what is scary and what is funny. That's where the humor comes from, and also what makes it more unsettling.
>>
>>84640307
but it's not funny or scary, so how's it supposed to be funny because you dont know whether it's scary or funny when you fucking know it's not either?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.