[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a shittier horror from the past year. What in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: The_Forest_Poster.jpg (140KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Forest_Poster.jpg
140KB, 1013x1500px
Name a shittier horror from the past year.

What in the literal fuck was this?
>>
This was the result of someone reading about Aokigahara and deciding that what one of the most naturally creepy places on the planet really needed was a lame-ass American adaptation full of unnecessary supernatural bullshit and terrible dialogue.

>>>>CAN'T BE SCARY WITHOUT GHOSTS RIGHT
>>
File: Bad horror.png (266KB, 635x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Bad horror.png
266KB, 635x1432px
>>84629352
Didn't see it, but was it worse than Blair Witch?
>>
>>84629460
The other Aokigahara movie released last year was pretty terrible too.
>>
>>84629823
Easily worse.

Are the last three in that pic worth a look? Blair Witch was awful, don't care for RE and The Boy was mediocre.
>>
File: Good horror.png (902KB, 631x4751px) Image search: [Google]
Good horror.png
902KB, 631x4751px
>>84630203
>Are the last three in that pic worth a look?
Considering that list consists of the films I rated lowest since 2016, I wouldn't recommend them. Here is what I would, though.
>>
File: 1496006516933.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496006516933.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>84630300
Apart from a handful of flicks, we have similar taste, anon.
>>
>>84630352
Shocking. Typically I get replies of my list/taste is shit and the like. Cheers anon! Go-to recs many haven't seen: Altered States, Splinter (2008) and Uzumaki.
>>
>>84630300
I liked The Void a lot. Bump it up to a 7 or 8 so we can be friends.
>>
We can all agree that there hasn't been a good horror movie released since the original paranormal activity, and even that was sparingingly alright.

It seems like every decade had its own shit, like slasher films of the 80s, or the demonic 70s icons like the Excorcist and The Omen, but it seems we've been trying to run this paranormal shit into the ground for almost 15 years.
>>
>>84630518
Do you mean mainstream releases? I see better movies than Paranormal Activity on the reg 2bh.
>>
>>84630518
I really enjoy a lot of "non-horror" horrors that have come out in the last few years desu (It Follows, vvitch, etc) simply for the atmosphere and vibe even if the scares are sparse.
>>
>>84630455
As much as I loved the PFX and the mood, the script, characters and dialogue were atrocious. I don't want to lose you, but I have to stay true to my ratings, I hope you understand. It was a triumph of script compared to Harbinger Down, otoh...
>>
>>84630614
>well you see it's not a real horror movie if there aren't enough jump scares
Awful post, truly terrible.
>>
>>84630678
Wow buddy, that's hurtful.
>>
What's a good horror movie I can watch tonight? Lights Out?
>>
>>84629352
they used the "japanese suicide forest" idea, but it wasn't even necessary for the plot. they could've made a "suicide forest" anywhere. and she just finds the another non-japanese person in the forest?
>>
>>84630787
It's a letdown.

Watch The Eyes of My Mother or something.
>>
>>84630300
Your list is atrocious. Some of those aren't even horror.
>>
>>84630874
ok thanks
>>
File: ringsmovie.jpg (19KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
ringsmovie.jpg
19KB, 759x422px
I was kinda excited to see this one since I was a fan of the first ones (us and jap version)

>most generic chad and stacy leaving for college lovestory
>terrible cgi and camera angles at the creepy parts
>the ring video isn't as scary as it was 15 years ago
>that scene were they enter some "underground hipsterclub" were people watch the ring video, with neon signs on the wall, students working on their macbooks and trance music is playing in the background
>>
>>84630203
>>84629823

I liked the boy, mediocre film but the twist kinda got me by surprise
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.