[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the worst part of Jeff Zucker's reign at NBC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What was the worst part of Jeff Zucker's reign at NBC?

1. Not grooming a replacement for Friends

2. Relying too heavily on The Apprentice instead of scripted shows

3. Promising Conan the Tonight Show then reneging
>>
Easily not grooming a replacement for Friends. Going from the number 1 network to last place in 5 years should be enough to get you fired. #2 isn't an issue. I hate reality shows but they're cheap and fast and easy to replace. Then when you strike gold you're ecstatic. #3 was the perfect PR disaster bookend for Jeff Zucker's reign of ineptitude.
>>
>>84628821
>>84629097
>no next Friends
given how many shows get cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons I don't believe anyone can produce the next hit at will
>>
canceling law and order

it just needed 1 more season to be the longest running show on television
>>
odd how nbc changed their thursday comedies, but evolving to more of a single cam set up with my name is earl and 30 rock, while cbs took multicam and made 2 1/2 and big bang
>>
Daily reminder that Jeff Zucker literally called the cops on Conan in 1986
>>
File: cnn jeff zucker russia.jpg (68KB, 713x329px) Image search: [Google]
cnn jeff zucker russia.jpg
68KB, 713x329px
>>84628821
>2. Relying too heavily on The Apprentice instead of scripted shows
Jeff Zucker helped create Trump's modern fame that lead him into the White House.

Now as the head of CNN, he tries to destroy the monster he made like a postmodern Frankenstein.
>>
>>84629690
http://deadline.com/2010/01/no-joke-jeff-zucker-had-conan-arrested-22578/

> It’s just been brought to my attention that, while they were Harvard undergraduates, Jeff Zucker ’86 called the cops on Conan O’Brien ’85. (I never saw previous reports about this.) According to articles in both the Harvard Crimson and Yale Daily News, handcuffsZucker, then president of the university’s Harvard Crimson daily newspaper, dispatched the police to the Harvard Lampoon office after O’Brien, who was president of the campus humor magazine, organized a prank on his college rival — stealing an entire print run of the Crimson before it could be distributed. “He only forgave me when I gave him The Tonight Show,” Zucker told a Yale gathering back in 2005. The Harvard Crimson described the incident this way in a 2004 article about Conan landing The Tonight Show courtesy of Zucker: “O’Brien cut his teeth in comedy as president of The Harvard Lampoon, a semi-secret Sorrento Square social organization that used to occasionally publish a so-called humor magazine. In fact, O’Brien first met Zucker, his current boss, one day when O’Brien and the Lampoon editors stole all the copies of that morning’s Crimson. Zucker, then Crimson President, called the police and met O’Brien face to face while he was being arrested.” In 2001, Conan told The New Yorker this about the incident: “College pranks are supposed to be clever, but our rivalry with the Crimson had degenerated into us stealing something, Jeff calling the police, and the police making us haul it back,” said O’Brien. (Other Lampoon pranks on Zucker included “a fake phone-sex ad with Zucker’s dorm-room phone number. Zucker did not find any of this particularly hilarious.”) So what’s to glean from this Harvard history lesson? Yes, Jeff Zucker was a thin-skinned prick who didn’t understand comedy or know how to handle creatives even back then.
>>
>>84631103
Weird that a kike in showbiz wouldn't understand a joke.
>>
>>84629690
>>84631103
>Jeff Zucker ’86 called the cops on Conan O’Brien ’85
'86 and '85 are their graduating years. Conan is two years older than Zucker. Basically this dickhead O'brien bullied an underclassman and the guy got his comeuppance eventually. Zucker is the hero in this story. Fuck Conan O'brien.
>>
>>84631234
Sounds like Zucker is the douchey prep from every National Lampoon college movie
>>
>>84631234
>Bullying a jew
Conan deserves an ironcross firstclass for that
>>
>>84628821
>1. Not grooming a replacement for Friends
They were expecting Joey to be the Frasier to Friends Cheers.
>>
File: friends rachel.gif (953KB, 245x210px) Image search: [Google]
friends rachel.gif
953KB, 245x210px
>>
>>84632700
Is that supposed to imply that they were smart?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.