[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has FINALLY settled, what is your honest opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: get-out-20172203.jpg (966KB, 1504x845px) Image search: [Google]
get-out-20172203.jpg
966KB, 1504x845px
Now that the dust has FINALLY settled, what is your honest opinion of Get Out? Also, what was up with the knight helmet?
>>
>>84627229
>Also, what was up with the knight helmet?
WE
>>
Good movie. Fresh thriller. Some scenes kind of dragged like the one where the friend (forget his name) is talking to the police and then they laugh at him.
>>
>>84627229
It was fucking great, but it was barely a horror film.
It was a relationship thriller at best.
>>
Peele needs to stick to comedy
>>
>>84627229
Was pretty good, I enjoyed it.
I liked the premise, main actress was a cutie pie, fat comic relief man was pretty funny.

My only problem was the main character was so unlikable. I didn't even care what happened to him at all.
>>
>horror
Not. Scary. At all.
>>
Scene where they fleetingly bond and gush over their shared love of Obama made me throw up in my mouth a little.
>>
The horror comedy elements arent really all there with the horror being relegated to shitty jump scares of the absolute lowest order, and even then theres only like 6 or 7 of them. The comedy aspects were largely seperate from the main plot so as a horror comedy it just kinda doesnt work more than half the time but when it does work its great.
As a thriller its pretty fucking great with the only complaints being once again those shitty jump scares. seriously someone would just walk by a window and there would be this really fucking loud violin note as a jump scare and then nothing happened and it went on to do it like 3 more times in the same god damn scene)
For the racial satire elements though, it was sort of odd.
The movie starts off with sort of a Trayvon Martin like moment clearly demonstrating that the film is likely to be a BLM propaganda flick but not too long after that we get the police scene. On the surface it seems like a typical racist white cop incident asking a black guy for his ID because racism but in hindsight and with a little thought it becomes clear that the cop was actually trying to save the main character or at least try to warn him about some of the news regarding the dissapearance of black people in the area his girlfriend was taking him too. Couple that with the main characters guilt he feels for letting his mother die because he would not call the police sends extremely different messages regarding how this film feels about the way blacks experience racism.
So with analysis its clear that the racial satire is just that and is in fact far more nuanced than most give it credit for, but Peele ultimately fails to make this meaningful because the surface level message gives off such a different tone that it actively discourages further analysis which is why most people interpret this film as "fuck whitey" when it could not be farther from that.
dont even get me started on what i think the film is trying to say about "woke" white liberals
>>
>idiots in this thread don't realize it's a comedy satire of the over tolerant left worshipping black people as superior to cope with white guilt
>>
>>84630717
Only good take ITT
>>
>>84630683
This is a good take also
>>
I like it because the villains are white for once
>>
>>84630717
Overall I loved the movie. It was funny, once you got that idea perpetuating over the movie. The right's kind of racism is brash and forward whereas the left's is coated in forced smiles and transparent sugar coating.
>>
>>84630683
I liked E:R's video also
>>
>>84627229
It was passable. I guess I have pretty high standards so I can get why so many people like it, but it wasn't anywhere near the masterpiece people claimed it was.
>>
>>84630887
i genuinely dont know what you're talking about but link it because that sounds interesting
>>
>>84627229
I thought the scene where she hypnotizes him was extremely well done. I really felt the dread that was overtaking him when he realizes what's happening to him.
>>
>>84630887
That guy is an enormous faggot. Good review though.
>>
It was a over hyped and over rated movie in every aspect.

>wasn't scary
>wasn't funny
>predictable as fuck
>not amazing acting

The only thing I liked about it was the theme and the clever metaphors (allegories?) with him picking cotton and shit.
>>
>>84630717

They were actually a Jewish family. It's about how the Jews control minds of blacks.
>>
It was really good, possibly the only movie to give a positive impression of the TSA
I liked the main character just being a mostly reasonable dude who is justifiably uncomfortable with the situation he is in. He did not use it as a chance to preach he just wanted to get through with a social circumstance that is just going to be uncomfortable no matter what, and then justifiable wants to leave when things are clearly way too abnormal.
I also enjoyed a lot of the lines mostly from the dad
>I am so glad my grandfather lost because I'm so tolerant
>Wouldve voted for Obama for a third time

>>84630683
I actually never considered the cop maybe trying to do something good that is an interesting point
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.