[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this for the first time. It deserved Best Picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: manchester-by-the-sea.png (303KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
manchester-by-the-sea.png
303KB, 851x315px
Just saw this for the first time. It deserved Best Picture and made me very sad
>>
>>84592582
ok so what was people's problem with the teenager in the movie? I thought his performance was fine.
>>
>>84593401
People just want to bitch about something
>>
This movie was fantastic, very well written and beautifully shot.
>>
File: 1499135405368.jpg (11KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
1499135405368.jpg
11KB, 400x467px
Too bad the academy introduced affirmative action last year.
>>
Is it true that Casey is a vegan? That's gross, that's racist. Veganism is white privilege: the diet.
>>
>>84593401
i liked the movie and found his character a missed opportunity if anything, instead of giving him a deeper mindset or meaning he seemed to only care about "muh gf" and "muh band" mire than his dad actually dying. I think they had one scene where he cried over his dad and for the rest of the movie he was just whining about mundane teenage stuff, which I get that they were trying to portray him trying to get back to normal, but it just came out flat for some reason
>>
I agree, I don't know how it got so much money at the box office though...it doesn't have major normie appeal imo.
>>
>>84596117
stop baiting
>>
>>84596265
>Anything I disapprove of is bait.
Word, cracker.
>>
>>84596185

That's what I think was good about it though. He portrayed a kid his age in the situation well. It felt natural.

Aside from this, it allowed the main focus to be Afflecks character.
>>
>>84596301
Being subtle is key, my man.
>>
>>84596185
That's pretty realistic if anything. And I say this as someone who lost a close relative as a teenager. I kept the grieve to myself and to a minimum for some reason.
>>
I agree, i think the director is very good and Margaret could have won best picture too.
>>
>tfw i never knew who michelle williams was before the movie and mistook her for mary elizabeth ellis (charlie day's wife)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfaow4Ydzno
>>
>>84596407
Yeah, well, white privilege isn't exactly subtle itself since it's omnipresent at all times. And veganism is its culinary incarnation.
>>
File: IMG_8597.jpg (110KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8597.jpg
110KB, 854x640px
>>84596489
I mistook her from the girl from Drive.
>>
>>84596503
ok
>>
>>84596185
Men are taught to keep their emotions inside. A teenage boy trying to be tough would obviously try to keep his true feelings within and distract himself.
>>
>>84592582
It really is an incredible film. That scene shown in the OP image is heart wrenching.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.