[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made Darth Vader so bad ass? Even after Georgie-boy tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg (56KB, 768x431px) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg
56KB, 768x431px
What made Darth Vader so bad ass?

Even after Georgie-boy tried to ruin him in the prequels I can't help but see the two as separate entities.
>>
>>84592372

He's 6 foot 3 master race meanwhile Yoda is a mere 5 foot 11
>>
At the time he didn't have a backstory as a whiny little fuccboi

It's just the voice, even his lines are complete shit but the way they're delivered leave an impression on kids
And that's the only time you should ever watch that garbage, when you're a kid
>>
>>84592372
Because he was a fucking samurai.

Not even the romanticized heroic version, the real kind who served nobles and cut up peasants with their superior swords and shit.
>>
>>84592372
Cuz he had personal power that just eminated out
>>
>>84592372
the dark side is always more bad ass
>>
>>84592372
> so bad ass
he wasn't, he was just iconic, mysterious and powerful.
>>
>>84592372
Same thing that made anything in Star Wars cool. God-tier art and sound design.
>>
>>84593417
Sort of the definition of badass, innit?
>>
>>84592372
>I can't help but see the two as separate entities.

So did Obi-Wan and Vader himself.
>>
He was menacing and ruthless without being a cringe inducing twat
>>
The duel in Empire made him a great antagonist for Luke.
>>
>>84592372
A lot of it is left implied and allows the visual theming to do the storytelling -- as a result, Luke's character arc was more compelling as surrogate Anakin story than the actual Anakin story arc in the prequels turned out to be.

But that's why the prequels were so redundant: the original trilogy went to lengths to show how Luke could end up like Vader. We already had that story; Luke just made a different choice in a pivotal moment. We didn't need Anakin's story spelled out to us because we already had it.
>>
>>84592372

The character was well-designed from the very beginning. Ralph Mcquarrie's sketches started out with "a black-masked samurai", eventually tweaking the helmet into something practical, suggestive of our historical reality, but inflected to be its own tech-thing. The very first thing that we see him do is /literally/ choke a guy out and throw the body quite violently at a bad angle on a wall. That one shot really is one of the most violent things anywhere in the whole series.

But then eventually the character's murderous bent is so extreme that it is played to a certain comic effect, which is germane to an adventure story.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.