[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MoS/BvS >subverting comic's expectations >characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: The Holy Trinity of Capeshit.png (3MB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Holy Trinity of Capeshit.png
3MB, 1900x900px
>MoS/BvS
>subverting comic's expectations
>characters are human and deeply flawed instead of cartoon cutouts
>villains' motivations are based around their own moral and psychological hangups
>battles cost lives, feel huge, superbeings actually feel super
>shot in a cinematic style by talented visionary directors with actual credentials
>almost universally shit on by fanboys

>WW
>shot in a bland imitation of Snyder's visual style by a woman who's only ever done TV and a terrible faux-feminism horror movie
>action is complete shit, cut like a Russo joint, without any stakes or impact
>every character is a cartoon charicature, ranging from thieves with hearts of gold side characters to literal smirking hand-wringing genocidal lunatics
>adheres to every expectation of fanboys
>gets universal praise

Are fanboys the problem?
>>
Snyder makes has decent visuals but holy fuck his writers and editors are incompetent af.

Its like they allowed a talented goy a seat at the table but saddled him with nepotic jews with coke habits and no artistic skill
>>
>>84588287
the characters are deeply flawed because they had terrible writers, not brilliant ones

villains motivations are retarded, illogical, or nonexistent

battles are loud, dumb, and lazy
>>
>>84588287
Here are the 3 reasons why Wonder Woman is doing the best of the DCEU movies.

1. The first "real" Wonder Woman movie ever made.

2. In this age of hyper-feminism, having a female superhero helps immensely and turns it into a "empowerment" film.

3. It features a historical event.

4. It has "heart" compared to the other DCEU movies.
>>
>>84588448
>>84588390
This 100%

I don't think people realize that the problem was NEVER Snyder, it was always David S. Goyer. He is an awful writer.
>>
>>84588456

there's only two reasons

1. Feminist angle marketing targeting a demo that usually doesn't watch capeshit

2. tie-in to the DCU making completionist fans watch it out of necessity
>>
>>84588448
>Zod's motivation is that he is not only genetically but completely indoctrinated into a "Krypton first, fuck everything else" attitude and will do anything to preserve Krypton and the species of Kryptonians, even genocide a "lesser race" in order to use their world to make its rebirth easier
>Batman has been hardened by decades of fighting criminals in Gotham, watching most of his friends and allies get beaten to death or crippled or turn bad, sees an alien come from the sky and in a single day be involved in thousands of deaths, oh and he's also fucking unstoppable, seriously guys if he has a bad day he could literally kill us all
>Lex is deranged but intelligent cringing millenial billionaire who felt completely removed from his position of power by the presence of superman, a position he desperately wanted to attain because of abuse and powerlessness during his childhood
>these are "retarded, illogical, or nonexistant"

Anon Snyder/Goyer literally has the characters address their motivations to the audience multiple times in each movie
>>
Anyone here care to give me a real reason the writing is bad without trying to autistically rip on the plot? Because almost every movie has some issue of plot, that's the problem with fiction, and moreover the theme/moral of the story is much more important than what literally takes place.

Also the problem with WW was the laughably cartoonish villains, rest was actually very fine.
>>
>>84588735
Don't expect much from /tv/. Most of them are normies that happened to visit /b/ a few times before migrating here for brba/GoT threads.
>>
>>84588750
A lot of the action was laughable

Armond was right, Leni and Bigelow are the only women directors who can do action
>>
is anybody else pissed off that the WB kikes murdered Zack Snyder's daughter just to push him out of making Justice League? i was so hyped for it but now there's a fucking Hillary supporting redditor at the helm now doing reshoots
>>
>>84588287
>>subverting comic's expectations
>by having Superman fight and get killed by grey hulk with shit strapped on
I hope you aren't expecting him to stay dead because that's gonna really be subverted
>>
>>84588735
what motivates lex to jizz into a pool of zod's blood?
>>
File: doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>84588456
>In this age of hyper-feminism
>>
>>84588938
A weapon to surpass the man of steel
>>
>>84588866
I felt the action was done poorly but the physics amd I suppose what they were going for seemed fine to me, unfortunate execution definitely.
>>
>>84589144
that being the thing he resented for all the reasons you listed above?

wow, a plan befit for a genius

its too bad the source material didn't lend itself to lex making a giant suit incorporating the stuff that kills superman.
>>
>>84589256
he had no more stuff
also
>Jesse Eisenberg in a green mech suit
>>
>>84588938
Knowledge he gained from the ship, knowledge that not only pertained to Krypton's explorations but also a ton of Earth's own lost history.
>>
>>84588287
Capeshit fans are the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>84589256
>its too bad the source material didn't lend itself to lex making a giant suit incorporating the stuff that kills superman
Oh anon. That would be silly
>>
File: a fucking joke.jpg (14KB, 423x236px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking joke.jpg
14KB, 423x236px
>>84591848
forgot pic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.