[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the true robot, /b/ros? >picks up a solitary job out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Is he the true robot, /b/ros?

>picks up a solitary job out of boredom where he builds a heavy resentment for people
>white knights for his oneitis and then tries to date her but autism took over and he fucks it up
>as soon his oneitis rejects him he starts harassing her and eventually tries to assassinate a politician she works for but pussies out
>almost dies white knighting for some teen girl who got pimped out by a pedophile instead
>>
File: 1469861406958.png (689KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1469861406958.png
689KB, 1280x738px
>>84587334
He did die however. He died on that couch bleeding to death and the cops just watched. The rest of the movie is just in his head. A fantasy. I don't care what you say this is what happened This is how I want it to be.

Also, Travis did nothing wrong
>>
>>84588135
I heard Scorsese said that he stayed "alive", but i honestly think it's just bullshit for justifying a sequel, and it's a lot more kiinographic and congruent if you consider he died.
>>
File: 1486018775151.png (778KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1486018775151.png
778KB, 1280x738px
>>84588202
Yeah someone told me that before but I refuse to see the movie that way. This is the way it has to be.
>>
>>84588202
Not at all my uncultured friend. Travis being alive it's suppose to mean two things.
First: it's supposed to be an statement about society, the world that alienated Travis is now praising a man with PTSD as a hero instead of a violent man with issues(before this he tried to kill a senator).

Second: Travis now recovered (you can even see a scar on his neck) is back on the streets. The last shot of him looking at the rear window represents he is going to strike again, and this time he is probably going to hurt innocents.
>>
>>84588535
I never understood how him looking back in the mirror was meant to signify that. Like I get it in theory, but the way it plays out doesn't seem to emphasize that angle very much
>>
>>84588676
>but the way it plays out doesn't seem to emphasize that angle very much
But it does. He violently looks at the window, like if he was being followed or threaten. There's a reason why the screen writer and Scorsese were really clear about explaing Travis not dying. This is word of god.
>>
>>84587334
He's not a true robot because he actually went out on a date.
>>
>>84588135
This
>>
>>84588784
>But it does. He violently looks at the window, like if he was being followed or threaten

They -- or the screen-writer, anyway -- said the reason for Travis looking back is that those violent urges are always in the background, following him.

It's up to him to keep them in check.
>>
>>84588914
>said the reason for Travis looking back is that those violent urges are always in the background, following him.
Which ties in with him in a future snapping out again.
>>
>>84587334
He had schizotypal personality disorder btw
>>
>>84588535
>The last shot of him looking at the rear window represents he is going to strike again

i always thought this was meant to symbolize a distrust for his new surrounding, since he became idolized by the city he despised and made the peaces with Betsy. And even if that is correct (that he lived), why would Iris return to her home? Considering she said it was a shithole. You can interpret it as a simple edgy action but i don't think a teenager would leeaver her house and become a prostitute just for nothing.
>>
>>84589132
>i don't think a teenager would leeaver her house and become a prostitute just for nothing.
They don't exactly walk out the house one day and say 'I'm going to New York to suck dick for a living.'
They usually hope for a waitressing job or something.
>>
>>84589236
Yeah but i mean she said she was planning to leave Matthew to live in a commune in Vermont. That's still pretty rough considering she wasn't lying.
>>84589075
Well that's because he's partially based on Arthur Bremer
>>
>>84589004
Potentially, yes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.