[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so whats the consensus on Oliver Stone's "The Putin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 18

File: putinrussian.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
putinrussian.webm
3MB, 800x448px
so whats the consensus on Oliver Stone's "The Putin interviews"? Was he just too buddy buddy with the guy that kills the journalists who investigate him?
>>
Give a hoot. Read a book!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
>>
>>84581863
>the guy that kills the journalists who investigate him?

Hello, am true American from Wisconsin, John Smitharovich Smith, am tell you such is lie. Putin is great man, never kill zurnalistyi. but what about Iraq war, iraq war, Mr Bush adventures, Iraq war, iraq war, iraq war, iraq war iraq war, hillary woerld war 3, iraq war iraq war, am literally cry krokodil tears right now!
>>
>>84582330

hahaha me too thanks. Did not the USA hang negros?
>>
Russia is the hero the world needs but not the one it deserves.
>>
>>84582497
lol please mate

Im not anti-russian but everything Russia does is to further its own goals, of course almost every country is this way but don't pretend for a second they're going to "save " anyone
>>
>>84581863

If youre smart, its interesting. By that, I mean you should be able to notice when Putin is saying something interesting and truthful and when hes full of shit and when hes somewhere in between. So many people already have their mind set about him, so instead of being analytical, they will just sweep every thing the guys says under the rug of "HES LYING!" or "HES EXPOSING THE TRUTH!" People do this with everyone in politics. They know politicians lie, but they dont know how to look into the shit they are saying, so they just say everything out of their mouthes is a lie because thats easier. Its too a point where someone can say water is wet and faggots would still bitch about them lying
>>
File: putin on anti semitism.jpg (83KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
putin on anti semitism.jpg
83KB, 1680x945px
>>84581863

/pol/ irrevocably blown the fuck out
>>
>>84581863
I think Stone overrates himself immensely. His questions were shit, he never really pressed Putin on some of the better questions, and he let Putin walk all over him. Some pretty good footage though.
>>
File: 1499089131939.png (2MB, 1624x1592px) Image search: [Google]
1499089131939.png
2MB, 1624x1592px
>>84582497
>>
>>84582330
>muh whataboutism
Can anyone explain what's wrong with whataboutism? If your country invades others, you don't get to be upset about invasions. Makes sense
>>
>>84582653

With someone like Putin you have to be careful with how much you push since he'd have no problem walking out the instant you say something accusative.
>>
File: putstone.jpg (95KB, 741x683px) Image search: [Google]
putstone.jpg
95KB, 741x683px
JUST
>>
>>84582645
we already know Putin is a good goy

not to mention Russia is like 30% mudshit

he sucks all their dicks publically
>>
>>84582599
They are a force for good in that they are the only ones to check the USA which is chaotic evil
>>
Would anyone here honestly not kiss his ass if you got to interview him? If you hit it off he might invite you to awesome hooker parties with his billionaire friends. If you actually make him upset you could end up mysteriously dying of radiation poisoning.
>>
File: my sides.jpg (124KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
124KB, 960x959px
>>84582831
>Russia
>checks the USA

dont make me laugh
>>
>>84582769
When Ivan the Terrible finally conquered Kazan, he made that sort of thing kind of inevitable. A bit too late to be upset now. If Russia didn't want Muslims, it shouldn't have conquered a shitload of land with Muslims on it.
>>
>>84582843

Kissing peoples asses is a good interview trick though. Louis Theroux does it. So do some of the girl reporters from vice who are really flirty. I think its some journalist trick
>>
>>84582774
Because Sweden never invaded anybody but for some reason they're paying in blood for their non-existent past crimes
>>
>>84582785
Walking out is a sign of weakness, Putin is a lot of things, but not a man who shows weakness. There is no way even in the Kremlin itself that he would actually do anything to someone like Oliver Stone. If he had made Putin walk out on the interview he would've had a real story, now he's just letting Putin spew his propaganda.
>>
>>84582774

Because it's retarded enough when dealing with individuals (because everyone can accuse anyone else of, say, stealing at one point in their life, and then it's ok to go mental with everyone stealing, rather than having a blanket rule of don't steal from anyone even if the victim is a shoplifter) never mind nations, where the government could do something shitty the majority of the population is against and then retards says "well it's ok for us to rape every woman in Berlin because of Nazi war crimes, dont dish it out if you cant take it lmaoooo" as if 14 year old Jenny is on the eastern front gunning down POWs in mass executions.
>>
>>84582913

Putins propaganda is working, i like him
>>
>>84582330
imagine being this butt hurt about a country you didn't even care about a year ago lmao

I'm sure you were just as upset when Putin invaded Crimea right? I'm sure you and the rest of your liberal friends boycotted the Olympics too?

oh wait, that would require you to have a basic understanding of international politics and not just repeating what your shareblue handlers tell you.
>>
>>84582906
>they're paying in blood for their non-existent past crimes
Is Russia invading Sweden?
>>
>>84582899
Theroux does it for the sake of tricking people into being themselves though, Putin is way too clever to fall for that. The only honest bit was at the very end where he wants to shake everybody's hands, and it isn't compromising at all.
>>
>>84582980
No, I mean the grand concept of "no u"-ism

Ragheads are masters of it, every murder they ever commit is justified by hypothetical English/French crimes from a millennium ago
>>
>>84582943
>it's retarded enough when dealing with individuals
No it isn't. If you're a NEET telling me to get a job, I wouldn't listen to you would I. You're a NEET, what do you know. That's whataboutism. You're just as shit as me, you don't get to call me out. Makes sense
>>
>>84582962
The man is a genius, propaganda wise. I compare him to Goebbels, except he's much less extreme in the things he says, which helps him sell it that much better.
>>
>>84583023
>hypothetical English/French crimes from a millennium ago
If Kosovo was bombed a million years ago, you would have a point. Here in real world US politicians were supporting a revolution in Ukraine as it was happening in 2014 and in 2016 the same people were outraged that Russia "interfered with elections". And yet somehow I shouldn't point this out. Why not?
>>
>>84582965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2a44F5TgM
>>
>>84582899
This is correct. Making the interviewee comfortable is essential to a good journalist. It's easier if you're Chad or a woman though.

t. journalist
>>
>>84582774

1. The person youre speaking to does not represent the country. For all you know they did not agree with the decisions made by their government
2. There a different type of invasions. For example, Russian invasion of Nazi Germany was more justified than Russian invasion off East Ukraine
3. Sometimes whatabouttism is not even relevant to the topic, e.g. "they hang negros"
4. Whatabouttism relies strictly on moral superiority argument, which is not always what is being discussed
>>
>>84582798
You can just imagine Putin popping onto youtube and getting the video up, making sure the task bar disappears before showing it to oliver stone
>>
>>84583137
Kissing ass and getting nothing out of the interviewee doesn't make at all for good interviews. Just makes you look like a shillto be honest.
>>
>>84583034

A NEET could be telling you look, I know from personal experience how bad it is for your mental health to do nothing but sit about in your room watching TV all day, get a job and please don't end up like me, and they'd be right.

Or they could be totally talking shit trying to sound better than you and they'd still be right.

If Ted Bundy tells you eating too many burgers is bad for your health it doesn't make him wrong.
>>
>>84582913

People walk out of interviews all the time, you're an autist if you seriously think Putin would sit there and respond to "yeah but why did you poison Alexander Litvinenko tho lol" and it wouldn't scuttle the interview.
>>
File: putin quote.png (3MB, 2032x1064px) Image search: [Google]
putin quote.png
3MB, 2032x1064px
Putin speaks at length and gives his perspectives on geopolitics which news outlets would not do

Four 1 hour episodes so it goes into depth

Stone is mostly apolitical

Stone does not try to go for gotcha questions

Putin and Stone watching Dr. Strangelove was kino
>>
>>84583137
If your interviewee opens up more when he's comfortable it's a good tactic. If not >>84583262 what that guy says.
>>
>putin repeats the usual russian propaganda
>oliver stone just nods in agreement

Truly a documentary kino.
>>
>>84582965
>basic understanding of international politics
I'm assuming you do then, explain it then. Because Russia has done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot with all this.
>>
>>84583308
>If Ted Bundy tells you eating too many burgers is bad for your health it doesn't make him wrong.
And if point out that Ted Bundy is a real jerk and I don't care for his advice, is that wrong? Because that's what you're trying to prove.
>>
>>84583345
>you're an autist
Opinion disregarded. Isn't it past your bedtime child?
>>
>>84581863
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMWBP7d2RU
*breaths in*
>>
>>84583363
Stone doesn't ask any worthwhile questions. I don't want to watch some guy ask an oligarch how his day was. What is so intriguing about that?
>>
>>84583401
>Russia has done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot
Russia stopped a chain of revolutions that US wanted to kickstart in the post-Soviet world, that's what it did. Also, grabbed some land.
If by shooting in the foot you mean having bad relations with US, that would've happened anyway. US politicians were literally on stage during the Ukrainian revolution telling people to topple pro-Russian government. Where do you go from that with US-Russia relations?
>>
>>84583437
What do you consider a worthwhile question?
>>
>>84583401
You realize Russia is in the best state it has been in decades right?
>>
>>84583548
Can you blush?
>>
>>84583548
>Do you think a referendum is legitimate if it's done a week after an army occupies the territory?
>>
>>84583548
Hard questions. I'm not a interviewer but It's not fun to watch Oliver Stone just nod in agreement as Putin tells him flat out propaganda or lies.
>>
>>84582653
>he never really pressed Putin on some of the better questions, and he let Putin walk all over him
He wants to make it out of the country alive
>>
>>84583548
Which Emma is the best?
>>
>>84583646
Roberts, obviously.

t. Putin
>>
File: Smörgåstårta.png (347KB, 970x5550px) Image search: [Google]
Smörgåstårta.png
347KB, 970x5550px
>>84582906
>Because Sweden never invaded anybody
Poland, Denmark and parts of Germany would like to have a word with you
>>
>>84583262
There's a line between kissing ass, and being polite. He did stray towards kissing ass though.
>>
>>84582645
Yeah because some of the most accomplished men who were renown antisemites like Martin Luther, Henry Ford and Edison were failures. Kek.
Putin is another Good Goy leader who' likes pandering to Jews because he knows his nation can't be powerful without help from the kikes since the average Russian has a double digit IQ.
>>
File: 1813613.jpg (349KB, 2179x1684px) Image search: [Google]
1813613.jpg
349KB, 2179x1684px
>>84583671
>implying his oligarch buddy didn't share best Emma with him
>>
>>84583701

Wtf I hate Oliver Stone now!

It blows my mind that the left eats their own.
>>
>>84583634
You really think he would've gotten a one way ticket to Siberia if he asked hard questions? I think that's pretty delusional.
>>
>>84583775
Of course not, but maybe as he is about to leave the country they discover that something is wrong with his visa. Meaning that he can't leave until that's sorted, and that could take a long time.

A very long time
>>
File: putin-gay.jpg (168KB, 720x1206px) Image search: [Google]
putin-gay.jpg
168KB, 720x1206px
Best bit?
>>
>>84582965
>I'm sure you were just as upset when Putin invaded Crimea right?
I was tbqh.
Don't jerk your weenie so hard to an imaginary strawman anon, you're doing nerve damage to your dick.
>>
Oliver Stone has a soft spot for anti-Murikan dictators.
>>
>>84583363
>that quote
how can libucks ever recover??!
>>
>>84583828
This is Oliver Stone, a world famous American movie director. Not some local politician. At most his footage would've been kept.
>>
File: putkino.jpg (119KB, 1506x1000px) Image search: [Google]
putkino.jpg
119KB, 1506x1000px
>>84581863
Why is Russia so kino?
>>
File: 1498770338123.jpg (15KB, 353x311px) Image search: [Google]
1498770338123.jpg
15KB, 353x311px
>>84583882
>kiss the ass of the president of another country
>call others "cucks"
/pol/shits are truly subhumans
>>
>>84583848
Don't you know, nu/pol/ loves anti-americans
>>
>>84581863
Putin tells you things you should have already considered, that is the geopolitics that's being played by the West.

He gives the typical non-answer or denial responses to those key questions about his eternal presidency etc. but that's expected.

What's truly new in this 4 part series is Putin's personality - Westerners usually don't see him at all outside of short interviews designed to make him look evil.
>>
File: Bill-Browder (FILEminimizer).jpg (23KB, 327x274px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Browder (FILEminimizer).jpg
23KB, 327x274px
>>84583914
If westerns who have invested millions into the Russia and helping its economy can suddenly find themselves with visa issues that so can a world famous American director.
>>
>>84584006
>Westerners usually don't see him at all outside of short interviews designed to make him look evil.
Everyone in EU knows that Putinlet loves to act like a big guy. His staged photo sessions where he wrestles bears and goes treasure hunting, he is known for them.
>>
>>84584034
I think you underestimate the power of hollywood media outrage, even in Russia.
>>
>>84584149
Likewise I think you underestimate the powers that Russia has to fuck you over should you find yourself on their land.
>>
>>84584143
In America it's probably a bit different. America has an extensive propaganda system in place as well.
>>
>>84584143
That's just what you do in Russia to stay popular. He doesn't love it any more than Obama loved all the comedy shows he appeared on.
>>
>>84583518
>Russia stopped a chain of revolutions that US wanted
OR
People got fed up with living in a shitty Russian vassel state with no prosspects for a better and life and decided to get rid of the Russian yes men. All in all, Russia could have prevented all this if they had worked out an honest deal with the Ukrainians, as it would have gone a long way in opening up both nations to the EU and their markets. But they decided to go for broke and seized land, which in turn hurt their economy (that also could have been negotiated with Ukraine, the Russian Navy base in Crimea).
>that would've happened anyway
Previously US relations with russia were super good, with George Bush being a close friend of Putin and Obama famously wanting a reset, not to mention the draw down of NATO forces in the East due to inactivity there.
>US politicians were literally on stage during the Ukrainian revolution
Yes, so they could set up a gov that could give the country, (and subsequently the people) a fair shake at a not shitty life (ie work visas and lifting of sanctions on certain industries).

>You realize Russia is in the best state it has been in decades right?
Not really, the sanctions took a hit and they're paying up the ass for military projects that aren't showing promise.To say nothing of burning through their economic reserve.
>>
>>84583402
Ted Bundy is shit.

His argument isn't.
>>
>>84584198
Having the power doesn't mean you have to use it. Oliver Stone poses no real threat anyway, no matter what questions he asks.
>>
>>84581863
why is vladmir so likeable? lol i know hes responsible for horrible shit, but he just seems so likeable haha
>>
>>84583576
>economic recession
>record low oil prices taking a big hit while alienating much of Europe, it's biggest potential customers
Doesn't look good m8.
>>
>>84583518
>>84584239
and the Crimean land grab was illegal per Treaty of Paris of 1856

I think, I know there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea.
>>
>64 years old

How does he do it?
>>
>>84584312
Thanks man I try my best
>>
File: 1481947942252.jpg (19KB, 249x368px) Image search: [Google]
1481947942252.jpg
19KB, 249x368px
>>84583848
>>84583968
This. Oliver Stone has always been a contrarian, so he's the perfect match for the reddit colony that is nu/pol/
>>
>>84584239
>People got fed up with living in a shitty Russian vassel state with no prosspects for a better and life and decided to get rid of the Russian yes men
Great narrative there, doesn't change the fact the literal US politicians were literally on stage literally telling people to overthrow the government. It's not a conspiracy, they literally did it. It's not important what Ukraine did, what's important is what US is trying to do. Ukraine isn't a threat to anyone.

>Previously US relations with russia were super good, with George Bush being a close friend of Putin and Obama famously wanting a reset
Yes, US always was very friendly with weak Russia. Always supported the Russian leaders who made Russia even more poor and shitty. Gorbachev was real popular in US. He collapsed the whole country, great guy, still loved by US politicians.

>Yes, so they could set up a gov that could give the country, (and subsequently the people) a fair shake at a not shitty life
Fucking hell, why am I talking to you, you unironically believe that US wants to spread happiness around the world. Go away, low IQ brainlet.
>>
>>84584367
You don't know a lot about Russia's history do you?
>>
>>84584425
botox
>>
>>84583629
That's just a rude question to be honest. He's a guest there for god's sake.
>>
>>84583918
I wonder if all those Russian diplomats dying was the retribution that Biden was talking about
>>
>>84584375
>I think, I know there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea.
Yes, when Ukraine gave all their nuclear arsenal to Russia in exchange for Russia guaranteeing Ukraine's territory.
>>
>>84584375
>there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea
Crimea was a part of Russia until 1991, retardo
>>
>>84584425
>not realizing Putin is actually Rasputin and has lived for closer to 150 years
>>
>>84584312
He's literally a mob boss, a friend of people(read:clients) but ruthless in maintaining power
>>
>>84584202
We see the propaganda photos of Putin acting like a tough guy here too. It's really hard to say one country is excluded from certain media coverage these days. I live on the American east coast but I watch lots of France 24 and occasionally RT and other countries news outlets if I want a different perspective. It's not even hard to track these things down, it's right at our fingertips.
>>
>>84584514
I know they were in a much better place ten years ago.
>>
>>84583629
>muh referendum
Well let's make another one with western observers, why isn't that an option? I know why, because the result won't change and nobody wants to go along with it. Crimea is ethnically Russian and as big of a shithole as Russia is, Ukraine is an even bigger shithole. Why the hell wouldn't they vote for Russia.
>>
>>84584694
>a year before 2008
>good place
Come on son
>>
>>84584533
This.

Americans have no sense of hospitality.
>>
>>84584697
>Why the hell wouldn't they vote for Russia.
Why not have a legitimate one without an occupying army and find out?
>>
>>84584697
You can't organise a referendum in a week and make it with an occupying army there counting the votes.
That's basic democracy and faggots saying there's nothing wrong with that are just subhumans.
>>
>>84584651
Of course, it's possible, but the mainstream stuff is honestly ridiculous at times. Not just Fox either.
>>
>>84584786
I'm not a subhuman, I just act like one on the internet.
>>
>>84584761
Sure, let's have a new refrendum. Problem is, NATO wouldn't let that thing happen because they know what the result would be and they don't want to legitimize that result. If they honestly believed that Crimea wouldn't vote for Russia, they'd be pushing for a referendum right now. They're not are they
>>
>>84584509
>Gorbachev was real popular in US. He collapsed the whole country, great guy, still loved by US politicians.

You're fucking delusional to think that Gorbachev was responsible for the fall of USSR. Simple fact is that USSR ran out of money because their economy was pants on head retarded. They were importing grain from US while living on chernozem. Gorbachev tried to save the economy by introducing co-ops but of course it was too little, too late. Gorbachev wasn't even the one who disbanded the Communists party. It was Yeltsin. Only dumb Russians and edgy rusaboos think that Gorbachev destroyed USSR just because he happened to be the last Soviet premier.
>>
>>84584804
Have you stopped to consider that the reason Putin gets so much negative coverage is because he actually runs a really abusive government that stifles people's basic rights?
>>
>>84584850
You're delusional if you think that a catastrophic collapse is the only way to transform the country. Everyone saw the end of USSR coming, but Russia had all the cards and it could reform everything and create a strong alliance where USSR used to be. Instead, the retard lost everything and the economy was ruined for a decade. What a great goy, dundu nufin
>>
>>84581863
Just look at the guy. He's a fucking bond villain
>>
>>84584955
>create a strong alliance where USSR used to be
Maybe Eastern Europe really didn't like being under Russia's sphere of influence?
>>
>>84584945
I'm not necessarily talking about russia coverage. I am fully aware that Putin is a crook.
>>
>>84584509
>It's not a conspiracy, they literally did it.
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you here. They were advocating for a less corrupt Ukraine that would be able to get it's shit together and go hard in the paint when it came to the US, EU and Russia and their respective economies, instead Russia invaded and plunged the entire region into chaos while simultaneously crashing their economy with no survivors.
>Yes, US always was very friendly with weak Russia
No, the US was very friendly with a Putin led Russia that didn't throw a wrench into things at every turn, there's a reason the US invested heavily into the Russian heartland during the early 2000s, it would have opened up opportunities for both countries.
>Gorbachev was real popular in US.
Because he wasn't a hardliner that wanted a full court press at every perceived slight toward the USSR, real or not.
>you unironically believe that US wants to spread happiness around the world
No, but a stable Europe without Russia chimpping out is in every bodies interest.
>>
>>84584970
>judging a book by it's cover
>>
>>84585033
>a stable Europe
Ah yes, a violent revolution. The best way to achieve stability.
>>
>>84585001
>Maybe Eastern Europe really didn't like being under Russia's sphere of influence?
Nah, man, it's all American propaganda and interference. Eastern Euros loved being under the Russians, such smart and developed species. We all wish Mr Putin liberates us from this evil NATO and EU thing and bring us the prosperity and traditional values we all so want.
>>
>>84584578
>Crimea was a part of Russia until 1991, retardo
opt meet kettle
It was apart of the USSR, and even then Crimea was part of Ukraine, not Russia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Soviet_Socialist_Republic
>>
>>84584697
Because the Russia blocked that idea when proposed by the UN, because they know it would fail badly.
>>
>>84585001
It's not about Eastern Europe, they actually were in a pretty tight alliance. I'm talking about the southern border. Who else would they ally with? Middle East? That's all the choice they have in that region.
>>
>>84584955
Strong alliance under what pretences? What did Russia had to offer to the world aside from their whores and nuclear missiles? Why would anyone make great deals with your poor ass country just because you USED to be the biggest kid on the block.

Do you think anyone would cut America any slack if it suddenly became as poor as Russia in the 90s?
>>
>>84584694
Try fourty.
>>
>>84585115
>even then Crimea was part of Ukraine
Ukraine wasn't a country though. Crimea was run from Kremlin, that's all you need to know. The reason why it was "ukrainian" is because Khrushchev gave it to the Ukrainian politicians for their support during his fight for power after Stalin died. It was just a bargaining chip
>>
>>84585166
We're not talking about France here, anon. Were talking about Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, they're not exactly rich countries themselves. They have nobody else to turn to, Russia could easily have better control over them if Gorbachev didn't fuck it up.
>>
>>84585078
It only turned violent once Yanukovych realized that he couldn't just arrest a few people and censor the media. Then Russia seized Crimea, then supported rebels that got #rekt by the Ukrainian Army until Russia directly intervened. This entire thing could have been avoided if the heads of the nations involved sat down at a table and worked it out.
>>
>>84585149
>Russia blocked that idea when proposed by the UN
Can't google shit. Source?
>>
>>84585337
>It only turned violent once Yanukovych realized that he couldn't just arrest a few people
No, it turned violent when unidentified snipers started shooting the crowd. We'll never know who they were, just like we'll never know the snipers during the Arab Spring. It's a great big mystery, who could it possibly be
>>
>>84585300
My man, last time I checked Kazakhstan are butt buddies with Russia. All the countries that didn't have better options stuck around (like Belarus, Kazakhstan), the ones that had better options like the Baltic states gtfo as soon as possible. And who could blame them?
>>
>>84584143
I mean the personal details of Putin, like about his parents etc.
>>
So how was Putin wrong when he mentioned the US involvement in Ukraine propping up nationalists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBo0akeDMY
>>
>>84582774
Because you can't cite someone else's misdeeds to justify your own, especially when you're dealing with a government, where it's a constant revolving door of different personnel. Plus it's often completely irrelevant to the issue at hand and the comrade in St. Petersburg is doing it just to distract from the actual discussion that is being had.
>>
>>84585575
He wasn't. The US does this shit all around the world.
>>
>>84585225
It was a separate republic within the USSR, which means, yes it was a nation on it's own, with it's own particular laws and stuff. It was a proto-state. It was Ukrainian because the majority of the people who live in the area were ethnically Ukrainian and to have Russians controlling every faucet of life would have been a recipe for disaster.
>>84585441
Considering once it started looking like the shooting wasn't going well,every pro-Russian person in the regime made a b line for Russia.

>>84585388
http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/RES/68/262
This was the Resolution condemning it

When UN observers tried to get in to observe:
https://www.un.org/press/en/2014/sc11328.doc.htm
>OCTAVIO ERRÁZURIZ (Chile), describing the referendum as unconstitutional, said there was need to restore the rule of law and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, in keeping with the United Nations Charter. Regarding human rights, he expressed regret that the Assistant Secretary-General and observers had been prevented from entering Crimea, while voicing concern over ethnic minorities, including the Tatars, who had started moving to other parts of Ukraine. It was imperative that the Security Council contribute in ensuring moderation on both sides, he said, calling upon Ukraine and the Russian Federation to refrain from further actions so as to prevent the escalation of tensions.
>>
Do you know the oldest lie in America? It's that power can be innocent. Yup, I'm citing capeshit. I'm on /tv/, ain't I?

Of course Putin is no saint. He's an ex KGB ffs. For all we know, he very well might be the only current world leader who could have killed someone with his own hands at some point in his life. I mean, It's not unthinkable and we are free to speculate I guess.

Now, as a non-American, why in the world would I care about Putin or Russia. Why would I care about fuckin Assad. Why should I have given a fuck about Gaddafi or Saddam. Why should I care about any US designated bogeyman? I don't watch CNN, don't read NYT or Wapo. I don't consume your propaganda. I know what's happening in Syria. I know what happened in Ukraine and Crimea, in Libya, Iraq... I know about US foreign policy. The "humanitarian interventions", the "spread of democracy", the "fight against terror". I know, and I'm tired of it.

War crimes and human rights violations are part of the job description for POTUS. It's been that way for decades. I bet most nations on Earth have a fun story to tell about the CIA. I'm from Chile, so yeah, FUN SHIT.

I watch Hollywood movies, I love your music, your culture, but I'm not fucking blind. Putin is not the problem.
>>
>>84586969
>For all we know, he very well might be the only current world leader who could have killed someone with his own hands at some point in his life. I mean, It's not unthinkable and we are free to speculate I guess.

Raul Castro fits the bill.
>>
>>84582774
It's a fallacy because the existence of other assholes doesn't justify being an asshole. The problem isn't that the US is upset that you invaded Ukraine, it's that you invaded Ukraine. Pivoting away to try and argue that your critics are also assholes doesn't excuse what you're doing.

Why do you need that explained to you? It's basic logic for one thing, and it's basic humanity for another. US invading Iraq in 2003 under bullshit pretenses doesn't excuse Russia becoming a belligerent autocratic cult.
>>
>>84583848
And they love him. Shit like JFK and Platoon is seen by them as some of the most effective anti-American propaganda ever.
>>
>>84584545
idk about retribution but the killings happened to start the week the Trump transition team happened to start getting intel about them. Total coincidence. Deeefinitely no federal investigations into the sitting President and his administration for treason.

He's definitely not going to die in prison.
>>
File: paul flipping manafort.jpg (479KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
paul flipping manafort.jpg
479KB, 1180x842px
>>84585337
And let's remember who got Yanukovych elected.
>>
>>84588977
what you say is true, but i nevertheless find americans spouting whataboutism funny because they use it as a way to avoid any conversation about post ww2 atrocities their government continues to commit.
>>
>>84583719

Tbf, Edison behaved more Jew than most actual Jews.
>>
File: 793473789'.jpg (116KB, 1144x735px) Image search: [Google]
793473789'.jpg
116KB, 1144x735px
Putin's a smart, logical, yet evil and effective manlet who comes across as cool, while Trump is a loud orange buffoon.
>>
File: putin smug.jpg (176KB, 1199x1015px) Image search: [Google]
putin smug.jpg
176KB, 1199x1015px
>>84589651
well only one of them is a billionaire.
>>
File: ztjym.jpg (21KB, 465x331px) Image search: [Google]
ztjym.jpg
21KB, 465x331px
>>84589814
>>
>>84588977
So would you trust a sociopathic liar and murderer to fight crime? That's it. The US is fucking Dexter. We are on /tv/ after all.
>>
>>84590363
>So would you trust a sociopathic liar and murderer to fight crime?
No? Now you're doing this strawman false premise shit. The people that were wronged in Russia rigging the Ukranian election and then invading when they revolted where the Ukranians. All the US did was stop doing business with the Russians, because the Russians where taking active measures against an EU hopeful state. Russia was (and still is) actively antagonizing and sabotaging western economic relationships because nobody wanted to work with them because they where being belligerent assholes.

How is the US Dexter? Dexter didn't deal with his foes by not doing business with them and working a deal to allow the Saudi's to pump oil without a cap to drive the price down to fuck over his foe's entire economy.

The existence of a serial killer doesn't justify you becoming a serial killer.
>>
>>84583941
>jacking off to your wife being blacked
>calls other cucks
wow, leftism is a mental illness
>>
>>84590910
Interesting recollection of events you've got there. Guys in Langley sure worked hard to let us all know about it. Also, kudos to the MSM. Kinda redundant, I know.

Geopolitics isn't as simple as a tv crime drama. That was my point in mentioning Dexter (although I really think the US government do have "sociopathic" tendencies.) The US is still the sole superpower today. They have stakes in everything. EVERYTHING. Don't you think It's time to learn from history and distrust the US department of state's selective outrage over a little conflict in Eastern Europe? Or fucking elsewhere for that matter?

Supposedly we live in the era of cynicism, yet when it comes to politics, people hadn't left Pleasantville for shit.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.