[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is an unexplored planet, lets send a ground team, Captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: spooky black man.jpg (355KB, 1280x641px) Image search: [Google]
spooky black man.jpg
355KB, 1280x641px
>This is an unexplored planet, lets send a ground team, Captain included out into this wilderness without any form of biohazard suits. We will leave a cowardly woman in charge of our only escape.
>This man is violently sick with space aids, lets let him on the ship to cough all over everything
>This alien is scary I will fire my gun randomly into the explosive barrels we keep stored in our ship. I will not just run off the ship.
>We'll follow this robed figure through a city of dead aliens and not be at the least bit curious about them or him.
>Gay flute break
>This 'David' character is clearly psycho, I'm going to shoot him. No wait I'll follow him through his creepy deathhouse and into the death basement. I will not inform anyone of the teammates death or what I am doing. My only encounter with aliens is violent death, including that of my own wife. I do not trust this robot but I will peep my head over the pulsing alien sack.
>Gay kiss break
>You killed Shaw, I do not trust you. You look a lot like Walter. I will not question this or why you do not regenerate despite it likely being common knowledge for someone working with robots. I will just assume its Walter.
>We need to lure the alien into the cargo hold. For some reason we also need to be in there. We cannot simply lure the alien in, open the airlock and keep it open till it is vented into space
>Please stay tuned for another shitty Alien film in 2 years time.
>>
>>84581602
There is only one good Alien film, and its the first one.
>>
>>84581602
Why are you sperging this movie was fantastic and David is xenomorph god.

I hope we see more of him.
>>
>>84581705
You could cut 20 minutes out of this shit and it would be a far better film, the fact they expect the audiences not to figure out the Walter/David twist is insulting.

Or worse they expect you to get it and think they'll either ignore it (Which wouldn't end the film with sequel bait like all alien films need) or that we are meant to be at all invested in the entire ship scene when we know for a fact everyone is going to die.

Shits retarded. The next film better be just David nursing his baby aliens on the new world.
>>
>>84581873
Or better, the next movie is david getting creative with his alien forms... unleashing hell on a colony years after its stabilished.
God, mr ridley, make it happen.
>>
>>84582057
Fuck that bring in Predators already, just have David throw a robot hissy because they come and slap his creations shit.
>>
>>84582152
Nah, i want more stuck up humans either getting fucked or getting creative... better yet if its an alien 3 weaponless enviroment for maximum JUSTery
>>
>>84581688
>There is only one good Alien film, and it's the third one.
ftfy
>>
>>84582057

Just none of that works with the timeline, unless WY is just so big and spread out that some divisions don't know all of what it's doing.

Why was the Nostromo diverted? Did they already know what was on that planet?
>>
>>84581873
They expected the audiences to figure out the twist but not the characters, which leads to dramatic tension. You fucking moron.
>>
>>84582430
They said so in the movie you stupid tripfag, they had to answer the distress call or they'd loose their pay.
>>
File: 1425327634886.jpg (276KB, 908x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425327634886.jpg
276KB, 908x720px
Just saw it. Uff, it was bad. Op is right.
>>
scott chickened out when he rewrote the story for this film
worst choke in movie history until blade runner 2 comes out
>>
>>84582775
>>84582897
>le alien covenant is bad meme
I bet you fags think prometheus was bad too
>>
I'm just in it for the Xenomorphs man they're hot. Hope the next movie is filled with 'em
>>
File: 853.png (2MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
853.png
2MB, 680x680px
>>84582977

Better as a standalone movie. But then as part of the Alien universe it crumbles.
>>
>>84581602

like half the point of prometheus and covenant is that humans are shit. complaining about people acting stupid is peak film illiteracy
>>
>>84581705
>Why are you sperging
Wow, it's that easy to invalidate criticism? I never knew.
>>
Sweatfrog

What did David do to the colonists onboard the Covenant?
>>
>>84583214
Thought the point of the movie was to invalidate the importance of finding a creator... because it doesn't matter from an operational point of view (like from a robot point of view)
>>
>>84583404
You can find out in the next three planned films!
>>
Nah. Vastly superior to Prometheus and the third best alien movie.

The scene where she is dangling beneath the lander and shooting the alien was stupid af though.
>>
>>84581602
there was so many stupid points to this movie.

Why did they land the ship so far away from the destination, least of all in a mud patch, when 3 meters away was dry land.

But yes the first one is the most stupid. Why did they send the entire team to scout. Unprotected in every way, except ridiculous caps to protect their ears from water and sunlight :)))

They knew there was botanical life, so it was actually a probability there would have have easily been biological pathogens that would harm them especially as they were not even from that planet, nto to mention any sort of dangerous wildlife.

Even the most stupid, carefree person would be extremely reluctant to just run out into an alien planet practically bareass.

Also why are the aliens growing so damn fast now. Like serious in the end it grew from newborn to adult size in less than 10minutes. haha
>>
>>84583404
I'm more curious as to what David did to Shaw specifically, did he surprise autopsy her, did he try to infect her before, did he wait until she was dying. Also how David dealt with the engineers after his attack. How long did it take until they all died, did they try to fight back? Also I'd want to know more about them. Covenant had a great premise brought on by Prometheus and instead chose to focus on stupid humans and unentertaining alien gore.
>>
>>84581602
stopped reading after the first line. Why the fuck would they need a biohazard suit? All the pathogens on this planet millions of lightyears away should have no way of being compatible with life on earth (so can't get you ill); how are the crew supposed to know their creators lived on this planet and made some sort of super weapon for people on earth?
>>
>>84583954
Not only growth but the one in the medbay was stronger than an Olympic weightlifter after being born for 5 minutes.
>>
>>84584013
That's from the first movie, even if it was light-years away life on Earth was spawned from Engineer DNA so all that could infect them would infect us. Granted they didn't know about engineers or the goo but it's still basic precaution there could also be harmful gasses on the planet.
>>
>>84584013
are you a retard?

its an alient planet. just because the atmosphere has a similar composition to earth's and it may technically be breathable, it does not mean that all the life on it will not be poisonous, let alone ANY of it at all
>>
>>84582977
>opinions that aren't the same as mine are just memes
>I clearly have superior tastes
>I am the smartest person I know
>I'm a virgin
>kill me
>>
wow
>>
>>84581602
>everyone complains that the characters in Prometheus were so fucking unbelievably, inhumanly stupid that it took you out of the movie and made you hate it
>solution for the sequel is to make them even dumber
Ridley Scott is a cinematic god
>>
>>84582977
Prometheus was better than Covenant by a large margin. Covenant wasn't terrible, though, just painfully mediocre. I feel like the final 15 minutes with the shower, the forced alien funneling and the dumb truck scene were probably the worst part of it and made the movie seem a lot worse than it actually was.
To top it off - the David shit was painfully obvious, it was pretty silly to leave it as an ebin final tweest, when he's cutting his hair to be exactly like Walter's half way into the movie.
>>
>>84583954
Name one horror movie that isan't based off bad decisions.
>>
>>84584733
It wasnt supposed to be a twist to the audience but to the characters.
>>
While Prometheus also had incredible stupid decision making it had some other points which balanced that out.
It has more mystery to it in general. And the Main character was a lot more sympathetic in my opinion.
I like Davids journey and his becoming though. The creator and creation theme is quite interesting with him. I hope they continue with it, I want to see his next shenanigans.
>>
>>84583214
but the second movie was purly motivated by creation and that david was made with only the rule he couldnt so he made abomonations
>>
>>84584975
insidious
>>
>>84582510
This.
>>
>>84581602
>This is an unexplored planet, lets send a ground team, Captain included out into this wilderness without any form of biohazard suits. We will leave a cowardly woman in charge of our only escape.

So you did not get that the planet was habitable? Kinda why they went down to it since it was either that or go back to sleep, huh maybe they should've gone back to sleep.

>This man is violently sick with space aids, lets let him on the ship to cough all over everything

To be fair they did not know what the fuck was going on, whom could have thought except the viewer he got space aids that later turned into a parasite?

>This alien is scary I will fire my gun randomly into the explosive barrels we keep stored in our ship. I will not just run off the ship.

Yes, this is a horror movie, so we expect them to get a panicattack that does not go well for the character or characters.

>We'll follow this robed figure through a city of dead aliens and not be at the least bit curious about them or him.

Walter was curious, so what are you talking about?

>Gay flute break

the gay break was to let the viewers know the back-story of what happen and to let David unit know more about this walter unit.

>This 'David' character is clearly psycho, I'm going to shoot him. No wait I'll follow him through his creepy deathhouse and into the death basement. I will not inform anyone of the teammates death or what I am doing. My only encounter with aliens is violent death, including that of my own wife. I do not trust this robot but I will peep my head over the pulsing alien sack.

Yes, a synthetic is a psycho that was established in Alien. The leader character does not really know what is going on, at that point it's only the viewers, Walter and the spic

>Gay kiss break

The fighting scene?
>>
>>84581602
>You killed Shaw, I do not trust you. You look a lot like Walter. I will not question this or why you do not regenerate despite it likely being common knowledge for someone working with robots. I will just assume its Walter.

She thinks at that point he is Walter and does not question it those thing, for all the spic character know they are safe and sound.

>We need to lure the alien into the cargo hold. For some reason we also need to be in there. We cannot simply lure the alien in, open the airlock and keep it open till it is vented into space

David wanted to know the intelligence of the alien species, so they first trap him in the corridors and then go into the cargohold because it would resonate with the younger audiences that probably watched Aliens

>Please stay tuned for another shitty Alien film in 2 years time.

Yes, I will stay tuned since it will be an entertaining film and everyone that can't use their imagination will not comprehend the movie. It is going to be fun.
>>
>>84582355
Chuckled.
>>
>>84581602
>Prometheus
>let me use this machine to abort this alien abomination growing inside my womb
>5 seconds later walking
>nobody even mentions the fact she just aborted a squid alien baby
>>
Did anybody got the Blade Runner reference?
>>
>>84585491
That fag just got BTFO.
>>
>>84582510
This. They pretty much flat out tell you it's David when "Walter" observes Daniels and Tennessee fighting the xeno.
I guess some people are just too fucking dumb to understand this though. Good thing for them that Neill Blomkamp is making short films with narration all the way through.
>>
>>84581688
fpbp
>>
>>84587919

>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>84581602
Is this original? Its well written.
>>
>>84587874
>Insidious
>watch spoopy tapes
>notice spoopy supernatural things happening
>decide to stay in the house and continue watching more spoopy tapes to solve the mystery instead of getting the fuck out
>>
>>84581602
How is Weyland Yutani even planning to use the xenomorphs as bio organic weapons? They're like the sci-fi future version of the Umbrella Corporation.
>>
>>84581602
Accurate but i still enjoyed it
Guess il swallow any shit the industry shovels down my throat nowadays, i honestly think ww is 7/10 when 10 years ago itl be ridiculued publicily.
Standards officialy lowered.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.