[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No faggots >No feminism >No PC >Less technobabble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

>No faggots
>No feminism
>No PC
>Less technobabble
>More realism
>More character
>Interesting aliens
>Solid storytelling

Trektards hate ENT because it isn't gay enough.
>>
File: 1496893542231.png (23KB, 224x192px) Image search: [Google]
1496893542231.png
23KB, 224x192px
>>84576295
>Less technobabble
>a good thing
>>
>>84576463
"How many space anomalies of the week can you really stomach? How many time paradoxes can you do? When I was studying the show, getting ready to work on it, I was watching the episodes, and the technobabble was just enervating; it was just soul sapping. Vast chunks of scenes would go by, and I had no idea what was going on. I write this stuff; I live this stuff. I do know the difference between the shields and the deflectors, and the ODN conduits and plasma tubes. If I can’t tell what’s going on, I know the audience has no idea what’s going on. Everyone will say the same thing. From the top down, you bring up this point, and everybody will say, ‘I am the biggest opponent of techno-babble. I hate technobabble. I am the one who is always saying, less technobabble.’ They all say that. None of them do it. I’ve always felt that you never impress the audience. The audience doesn’t sit there and go, ‘God damn, they know science. That is really cool. Look how they figured that out. Hey Edna! Come here. You want to see how Chakotay is going to figure this out. He’s onto this thing with the quantum tech particles; it’s really interesting. I don’t know how he is going to do it, but he is going to reroute something. Oh my God, he found the anti-protons!’ Who cares? Nobody watches STAR TREK for those scenes. The actors hate those scenes; the directors hate those scenes; and the writers hate those scenes. But it’s the easiest card to go to. It’s a lot easier to tech your way out of a situation than to really think your way out of a situation, or make it dramatic, or make the characters go through some kind of decision or crisis. It’s a lot easier if you can just plant one of them at a console and start banging on the thing, and flash some Okudagrams, and then come up with the magic solution that is going to make all this week’s problems go away."

t. Roger Moore
>>
No faggot captain having moral dilemmas over m-muh prime directive
>>
>>84576295
Did you even watch the series, or are you just another red pilled idiot?
>>
>>84576681
but he kinda did.
he was constantly reminded that he shouldn't make contact prewarp people, and there were and episode where he could have saved a species but didn't because of muh future mhh directive
>>
>>84576295
tng or gtfo
>>
File: TPolAcquisitiond.jpg (13KB, 576x424px) Image search: [Google]
TPolAcquisitiond.jpg
13KB, 576x424px
>>84576543
> "It’s a lot easier to tech your way out of a situation than to really think your way out of a situation, or make it dramatic, or make the characters go through some kind of decision or crisis. It’s a lot easier if you can just plant one of them at a console and start banging on the thing, and flash some Okudagrams, and then come up with the magic solution that is going to make all this week’s problems go away."

But a lot of Star Trek fans actually do spend a lot of time sitting at console solving problems. We love technology and Okudagrams are beautiful artistic representations of the tactile interface with future technology we all dream about and want to see come into fruition. And it's NOT easy to make that kind of beauty, but writers did it a lot because it was fun.

God forbid Trek have any fun. No, gotta see the Captain be constantly stressed by losing everything every episode after giving earth a 9/11 style attack.
>>
TNG > DS9 > ENT > TOS > > power gap > TAS > Star Trek: Beyond > VOY
>>
why are ENT fans so insecure
>>
File: Tuvok.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tuvok.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>84578741
Strange to see someone who likes TNG and DS9 so much hate VOY so hard. Give me Tuvok episode over Beyond any day.
>>
File: Malcolm Reed greentext.png (89KB, 902x488px) Image search: [Google]
Malcolm Reed greentext.png
89KB, 902x488px
>>
I liked all the little things like showing the origins of red alert and stating what the M in M-Class means.
>>
Enterprise threads are comfy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.