[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman reluctantly kills a mass murderer, who swore to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 46

File: mfw supes.jpg (65KB, 775x572px) Image search: [Google]
mfw supes.jpg
65KB, 775x572px
>Superman reluctantly kills a mass murderer, who swore to kill every single human being on Earth, to save a family in MoS
>fans and critics bitch and moan about not muh Superman
>Wonder Woman cuts down dozens of ordinary humans who pose no threat to her, even though she believes they're mind-controlled by Ares
>media raves on about what a role model she is for young girls, and how hopeful and heroic she is compared to MoS

Why does everyone shit on Superman so fucking much? Even comic book fans hate the guy, even though he pretty much started the whole genre.
>>
I didn't understand that either

wonder woman killed the man who she thought was Ares with no hesitation
>>
>>84574915
Even worse, the ending did prove that Ares had some degree of control over the germans, because they stopped fighting as soon as he died. Diana basically murdered dozens of men, who were under the control of her brother.
>>
>>84574877
Why the FUCK did Steve just fly directly up, and kill himself?

There are so many ways this situation could have been handled, and he took the most dramatic one for some reason. Even if Diana was busy, he could have jumped out the last second, and hoped she would be able to save him.
>>
>>84575400
Did he know she can fly?
>>
>>84574877
>>Gadot’s support of Israel has caused many people around the world to wrestle with whether to support the film.

>In an opinion piece for Al Jazeera, one US-based professor said he himself wondered what all the fuss was about until he actually saw the movie.

>After watching it, he concluded: “If you are utterly enjoying this particular Wonder Woman as a role model for your daughters in a theater near you and could not care less about a young Palestinian girl mourning her family in Gaza whom the woman portraying your superhero helped kill, then all the power to you. You need not bother to know that in this film Gal Gadot does not just personify Wonder Woman, but alas Wonder Woman disappears into Gal Gadot.”
>>
>>84575431
Lol who gives a fuck about Arabs?
>>
>>84574915
>>84575040
wonder woman's supposed to be athena? i never knew that
>>
>>84575465
To be fair, who gives a fuck about kikes?
>>
>>84575550
Nope. All the gods were killed by Ares before he was stopped by Zeus. Zeus fucked Hippolyta to create Diana in case Ares returned.
>>
File: BvS-Graphic-5.jpg (75KB, 1090x550px) Image search: [Google]
BvS-Graphic-5.jpg
75KB, 1090x550px
People are always rough on Snyder.

Remember that time Tony smashed a fucking alien space ship into the Twin Towers and he immediately followed with a quip? Not a peep from fanboys.

Remember Zod kicks the shit out of Superman and throws him into a building? Oh no the man of murder!!1!

There's concentrated online effort behind this bullshit I swear.
>>
File: IMG_7683.jpg (1MB, 2048x1472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7683.jpg
1MB, 2048x1472px
>>84574877
People are jealous of his power, and become angry when they see him "curse" his powers. It's the same kind of contempt people have for wealthy people who are unhappy.

Superhero movies are "supposed" to a power fantasy, audiences want to self-insert themselves into a tall, confident, attractive person and see that person succeed. That person can be a smug asshole as long as they're a winner. Superman should always be winning, and always be smiling, because one should want to be Superman.

Zack pbuh wanted to portray Superman realistically, understanding that possessing so much power in real life would not necessarily be "fun" and would actually subject you to a great deal of responsibility, angst and controversy. The same applies to the depiction of death.

In Iron Man, a man attempts to shoot Iron Man but the bullet ricochets off the armor into his face, killing himself. This is played for laughs. The idea of being so bulletproof that anyone who would try to shoot you will die instantly is a pleasurable fantasy.

But when Superman must kill Zod, he resists the act. He does not want to kill, he pleads with Zod but is ultimately forced to let him commit suicide by cop. He does not blast Zod with a colorful laser, he does not drop him into an explosion, he breaks his neck with his bare hands and we see the corpse fall to the floor.

This is not power fantasy, this scene begs the audience to consider what it means to take one life, when most other films in the genre will have the "hero" now down horses of faceless badguys and follow-up with a one-liner to show unaffected they are with killing.

The way Wonder Woman gets away with killing people is by not showing the humanity of the people she kills, nor lingering on the death itself. We don't actually get visual confirmation that any of those men die at her hand, it can only be assumed because the movie's moves on. The film also explicitly condemns war and killing in dialogue.
>>
>>84575614
Pretty much this. People are really hard on Snyder. BvS leaves a lot to be desired even though i loved it, but the criticisms I see of it are often ones you could level at any comic movie but they get a pass.
>>
>>84575636
>mow down hordes
Forgive me
>>
>>84574877
Let me be 100% honest. No one watched or much cared about Wonder Woman, so no one had preconceptions of what her character was supposed to be.
Superman is the archetypal superhero, so everyone projects what they think a superhero should embody onto him. So literally everyone has preconceptions of who Superman SHOULD be.

It's hypocritical and unfair and amazing when you realise that Mos and BvS both directly reference this as part of his character arc
But that's the reason
>>
>>84575426
No, but it would show that he has complete faith in her by taking such a risk.
I just think it could have been a better scene if it wasn't so unnecessarily tragic.
>>
File: quip man.gif (979KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
quip man.gif
979KB, 500x270px
>>84575614
It's ok that possibly thousands died, Marvel followed with a witty quip!
>>
>>84575756
Well, he had to die so WW could unleash her power level, I guess.

Plus, they had to kill him off so Diana could bang Bruce in Justice League.
>>
>>84575636
This is accurate. Audiences want to laugh and have fun in superhero films. It's a form of escapism. They don't want their superheroes to have to deal with realistic situations or show humanity
>>
>>84575778
To be fair, wasn't it a pretty big plot point that Tony was suffering from massive PTSD in IM3, AoU, and Civil War? Mostly in IM3 and Civil War though, because Whedon is a hack.
>>
File: 4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg (2MB, 1701x2268px) Image search: [Google]
4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg
2MB, 1701x2268px
Let me put it in very simple terms that you might understand:
Wonder Woman is known to occasionally kill bitches.
Superman isn't.

When Superman kills somebody, it's a big deal. When Wonder Woman does it, it's Tuesday.
>>
>>84575865
Superman killed Zod and the other Kryptonians in the comics and in the old movies. That should have been the end of all discussion on the matter.
>>
>>84575614
Its been a while since I've seen someone as tone-deaf as you.
>>
>>84575865
>Wonder Woman is known to occasionally kill bitches. Superman isn't.
Ahem.

And it was a big deal.
>>
>>84575040
The ending didn't prove that. The movie showed, if anything, that as evil as Ares was, he could never be wholly responsible for the entire war. In fact, he was trying to *end* it, because ending it with an armistice (as WWI did) would set up more conflict (i.e. WWII). The Germans were losing and the war was about to end, no matter what Diana or Ares did.

Diana was just too naive to realize that she couldn't alter the course of history all on her own - something that Steve has been trying to teach her the whole time. While she did prove that great people could do great things, it's likely that that lesson will be why she becomes disillusioned over the next 98 years - she can't meaningfully change the destructive ways of mankind. But maybe the Justice League can. Hopefully Snyder doesn't fuck up the next movie as royally as he usually does.
>>
>>84575942
I guess you missed the part where all the Germans stopped trying to kill the good guys as soon as Ares died.

When that happened they threw down their weapons, took off their gas masks and started smiling and hugging each other like some Disney bullshit.
>>
File: WW_Cv8_sadjfhkgsdf792361.jpg (657KB, 594x916px) Image search: [Google]
WW_Cv8_sadjfhkgsdf792361.jpg
657KB, 594x916px
>>84575938
>>84575917
You guys are making my point for me. The times when Superman kills somebody are few and far in between.
So it's always something that needs to be handled with a lot of care. Most people took issue with the way the Zod killing was handled, not that it happened.

And Wonder Woman can pop a cap in yo ass, no problem. She is from an archaic warrior society. Unlike Supes or Batman she has a tendency to kill non-humans, even if they are sentient, intelligent, feeling creatures. And sometimes she kills people too.
>>
>>84575919
It's a been a while since I saw a retard big enough to dismiss human deaths because there was quipping abound.
>>
>>84574877
>Even comic book fans hate the guy
Que? /co/'s Superman threads are pretty comfy anon.
>>
>>84575614
>Avengers movies
>The heroes actively try help civilians to limit victims. Said building was for all intents and purposes empty
>Despitevit all the first movie still points out deaths were inevitable, but the people were glad the Avengers were there to help at all

>MoS
>Supes dodges an oil tank which explodes on a building instead nof kicking it out of the way and the movie forgets about civvies until a single family is used as justification to kill Zod
>The victims are ignored (remember when fanboys tried to paint that as part of the master plan because they thought BvS' hearing was going to be about Metropolis?)

>BvS
>Snyder and the writers prove to be a bunch of lazy fucks so instead of coming up with a way to show the heroes tried to save people they just have reporters saying "THANK GOD THAT BUILDING WAS EMPTY" every ten seconds

And now comes the part where you move the goalpost, dodge the subject and make some joke about how Avengers wasn't realistic, Superman still had to learn people die when they are killed blablabla fuck you
>>
>>84576136
The times she killed humans in mainstream canon can be counted on one hand. She got a ridiculous amount of shit for killing Max Lord, even though Superman would have killed her if she didn't.
>>
>>84576212
>he heroes actively try help civilians to limit victims
Please explain to me how a relic from the 40's can evacuate a city of millions in just 30 minutes?

What did he use, Spock's fucking space ship beam?
>>
>>84576212
Superman saved multiple civilans and soldiers in the Smallville fight, though.
>>
>>84575942
Except that's not what happened. The world went to rainbows and lollipops as soon as Ares died, which not only makes WW an amoral murderer and a liar, it makes Steve Trevor's sacrifice and character (I.E. the only good part of the film) pointless.
The movie even ends up shitting on Zeus, because despite creating Diana TO SPECIFICALLY KILL ARES, she needed the the love-power of a guy she knew for a couple of weeks and had no chemistry with.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Right down to the offensive CGI.
>>
>>84576212
>The victims are ignored
He says while defending a film where Tony Starks literally quips after smashing an alien ship towards a huge skyscraper with possibly thousands in it.

Also, the whole fucking tone is so deaf. It's like Whedon was actively ignoring the actual city but just focused on our cheesy heroes because he knows there is no rational way some cosplayer with a plastic shield can prevent the death of tens of thousands during a fucking all out invasion by an AIRBORNE ENEMY THAT CANNOT BE CONTAINED.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (63KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
63KB, 650x366px
>>84576154
True.

Pic related is the most horrible movie I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1483451464580.png (635KB, 565x821px) Image search: [Google]
1483451464580.png
635KB, 565x821px
Marvel is for kiddies who just want to see their heroes go pew pew pew with none of the consequences that their actions would yield. Fuck that. We got quips and a Hulk!!
>>
>>84576212
>Marlet
>defends Avengers by saying buildings probably conveniently empty
>criticizes BvS for explicitly saying buildings were conveniently empty
Imagine being this retarded
>>
File: here cums the cavillry.jpg (91KB, 604x720px) Image search: [Google]
here cums the cavillry.jpg
91KB, 604x720px
>>84574877
I've wanked to him.
>>
File: bvs-armor-1280jpg-9b36dd_1280w.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-armor-1280jpg-9b36dd_1280w.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>84575636
Similarly, it sort of perplexes me how people say the same thing about Batman in BvS. They all say Batman should be a hero and never kill, but his whole arc is him recognizing the existence of moral absolutes and the value of human life, demonstrated by him not branding Lex at the end. There, it at least made sense for Batman to ruthlessly cut down his enemies without question because the movie was about him transforming from the morally questionable psychotic thug into the figure pop culture is most familiar with.
>>
File: avengers.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>84576379
And he has the balls to say it's fucking DC that ignores the victims when Avengers' finale is literally filmed like a wild night out with the gang complete with the hangover kebab.
>>
File: mars-attacks.jpg (95KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
mars-attacks.jpg
95KB, 600x398px
>>84576304
>He doesn't praise the tom jones kino
>>
>>84576365
Are we going to pretend that Wonder Woman doesn't fit in the right category? She's a bland non-character played by a charisma vacuum, who fights a bland big bad who wants to destroy mankind because he's evil.
>>
>>84576136
You're thinking of what-if stories.
Canonically she kills as rarely as supes.
>>
File: 1498912182885.jpg (58KB, 827x441px) Image search: [Google]
1498912182885.jpg
58KB, 827x441px
>>84576458
>>84575636
>anon discovers most of the criticism towards DC is petty and extremely onesided that is never raised at the other camp despite comitting far greater crimes
Dedicated and paid online groups exist to push these criticisms. They are here too but more prevalent on sites like Reddit and Twitter.
>>
>>84576303
>AIRBORNE ENEMY THAT CANNOT BE CONTAINED.

The "establish a perimeter" stuff was retarded, but it's plausible that the Chitauri focused like 90% of their efforts on fighting the Avengers instead of attacking fleeing civilians.
>>
>>84576533
What you're missing is that Marvel doesn't try to be something it isn't, whereas DC does, and fails spectacularly at it.
>>
>>84576721
There are thousands of Chitauri flying around. About five of them attacked the Avengers. The other thousands?
>>
>>84576754
>It's ok that Marvel is shit because it knows it's shit
Is that the argument you tell yourself when someone shits on your plate and tells you to eat it?
>>
>>84576802
Marvel aims for mediocrity and achieves it.
DC aims for something greater but fails to even be mediocre.
>>
>>84575572
/pol/tards and muslims can't stop thinking about them, it's a lot of people
>>
Why did noone even suggest world machining Mars instead? They even had outposts on some meteor theyd planned to terraform before something went wrong, as shown by them finding the device there.
>>
>>84576849
Zod was a prick, basically.

Why did he even need to terraform the planet? Why wouldn't he want Kryptonians to have godlike powers?
>>
>>84576849
Zod was all, "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE QUEER! WE DON'T WANNA FIND ANOTHER WORLD!"
>>
>>84576802
Marvel wants to make popcorn flicks that people will have fun watching and then go home with that feeling. It works.

DC (or rather, Snyder) tries to make movies with complex plots and subtle themes that make people ponder over different philosophic dilemmas and concepts, but is actually just the adventures of a guy dressed as a bat and another in long johns, but now with interfering "deep" bullshit that gets in the way of the viewing experience.
>>
>>84576916

Because he wanted to be ruler. Jor-El even calls him out on it during the prologue. Hard to be in charge when everyone else around you has Superman powers.
>>
>>84574877
both are shit characters.
>>
>>84576849

Because Zod also swore to find and kill Kal-El. Get revenge against the House of El, while also rebuilding Krypton in his image. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.
>>
>>84576849
Mars is a dead world. It has no atmosphere to work with, no life, no magnetic field, and a much colder core.

It's like finding a perfect spot to build your house and someone recommends a much shittier spot because your perfect spot has an ant colony. What do you do? You wipe out the ants and build your home on the nice spot.
>>
>>84576994
>Marvel wants to make popcorn flicks that people will have fun watching
Why am I not having fun then? I had fun watching Raimi Spider-Man and Favreau Iron Man. I don't have fun watching Kevin Feige's recycled garbage.
>>
>>84575612
fukin nerd
>>
>>84577822
Maybe you are not the target audience.
>>
File: IMG_8551.png (935KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8551.png
935KB, 1334x750px
>>84576754
t. hasn't read a comicbook since 1967
>>
>>84576849
Mars doesn't have water you fucking retard.

The world engine could only terraform from the elements available on the planet. That's why so many Kryptonians died on the expansion missions.
>>
>>84575400
he didn't want to face Diana saying his mission was just getting the chemicals weapons on their side
>>
>>84578114
Nor has the majority of people that watch Marvel or DC.
>>
>>84576916
There is no practical need for godlike powers. Zod wanted to have a planet where it's citizens could live comfortably in peace.

When he scanned Clark's memories he saw that his development was painfully. Martha mentions that she feared he would die as a baby because he had breathing problems. He had a panic attack in first grade because the atmosphere was overwhelming.

Though Zod was a brutal General, he wasn't tying to make Krypton Sparta, he wanted the new babies to not be in constant pain.
>>
>>84574877
Anon, while I don´t mind that scene, its not completely in character of Superman to kill while it is on WW´s case given her upbringing.

Now, personally, I think MoS wasn´t bad because there were other people at risk and Superman had little choice(and he also killed Zod in the comics) and he clearly regretted doing it. Saying "not muh superman" its stupid but its not hypocritical when compared to WWs case.

>Why does everyone shit on Superman so fucking much?
He's perceived as popular so you have to hate it to look cool. He does have fans, like me, of his comic version though.
>>
>>84578263
not him but the only comics i read are one shot batman story
spawn ,the darkness and the watchmen
>>
Wonder Woman has 'always' been a Warrior in the comics, her no kill role switches way more back and forth then Batman and Supes.

Superman, Batman and Spider - Man (and especially the two latter) are the big 3 when it comes to no killing, it's a huge part of their moral compass, something they often struggle with in comics and their philosohpy and struggle to uphold it is just a central part of the characters.

No one cares if Wonder Woman, Iron Man or Captain smokes' a few guy here and there even though they too technically don't kill because it's just not that big part of their character
>>
>>84574915
>>84575040
WWs twist was shit, but part of the point is that the germans weren´t completely manipulated by Ares.
>>
File: oh wait you're serious.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
oh wait you're serious.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>84578281
>There is no practical need for godlike powers.
>>
File: IMG_8550.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8550.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>84578263
Your point?
DC is doing DC.
Marvel is doing generic action comedy in cosplay.
>>
>>84574877
There is nothing else to gauge him by. In his first actual challenge he was overwhelmed, lost control of the situation and had to resort to killing. And this ineptitude played out yet again in the very next movie.

This Superman is, well, a loser.
>>
>>84575843
Suffering from PTSD after effortlessly slaughtering literal armies of seven foot tall alien monsters and nuking them into fucking oblivion.

How emotional.
>>
>>84579161
Yes.

And only one of those is working, or at least was, prior to WW.
>>
File: 1456876829059.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456876829059.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>84579220
>saves planet twice
>This Superman is, well, a loser.
>>
>>84579125
There's not, zod wanted his world back that includes flora and fauna.
>>
>>84580029
But Kryptonians would still have super strength and speed because of the Sun. Changing the atmosphere would only remove their sensory powers.
>>
>>84574877

Because they're plebs
>>
>>84580084
Although it makes little sense, Clark lost his powers just from being in the Kryptonian ship.
>>
>>84576136
>Most people took issue with the way the Zod killing was handled

Why?
>>
>>84574877

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
>>84574877
His hairline's been photoshopped right?
>>
>>84575400
Why didn't he have the eagles do it for him?
>>
>>84580246
>op makes a based argument
>dumb marlels go to a hairline maymay argument
wow
>>
>>84574877
I had a friend who said man of steel was A plus one of the best movies hed ever seen up till superman killed zod. He said that scene alone made it one of the dumbest movies hed ever seen. One of his favorite movies is the time machine remake so clearly he's.retarded
>>
>level a huge amount of city in belligerent rampage
>oh now that I intentionally killed one guy i feel horrible!
>I'll feel bad about this for a grand total of one second.
>>
>>84580084
Changing the atmosphere would change the nature of the radiation that passed through it. Consider the ozone layer absorbing UV.
>>
>>84580361

Hey The Time Machine remake is pretty good man

I'm not defending your friend but let's not unduly tarnish The Time Machine
>>
>>84574877
It's the modern zeitgeist or the spirit of the age. People are possessed by darkness and evil so they reject goodness and heroes. Morality is an alien concept to people.
>>
>>84580237
It felt inconsequential. Just a cheep way to add drama to a scene. it dovetails directly into Superman making out with Lois to the backdrop of 9/11.

The movie really kinda falls apart at the end and that's part of it.
>>
>>84580222
Zod and the others had their powers while breathing Kryptonian air, however. He only gained flight and heat vision when he adapted to Earth's atmosphere. Superman's weakness can be explained as his body not being adapted to Krypton's air.

>>84580383
Eh, speculation at best. Zod had no way of knowing how it would affect the sunlight.
>>
>>84580578
saying it fell apart in the end would imply it was "together" at any point.
>>
>>84580367
>meanwhile Diana is carving up soldiers, who are literally not in control of themselves without giving a fuck

And Zod's attack on Superman is not his fault. He even tried to take him to space.
>>
>>84574877
Wonder Woman has NEVER had a no kill rule.

In fact, she's usually the one person trying to sway Supes and Bruce in to breaking their rule for the greater good.
>>
>>84575431
>Palestine are the good guys!

Disregarded
>>
>>84580753
>t. I don't read Wonder Woman comics
>>
>>84580753
If you think MoS Clark is a bad character because he's different to comicbook Superman - congrantulations, your a pleb

MoS Clark has never had a no kill rule either
>>
>>84576212
>The victims are ignored
BvSs entire premise is the victims you moron
>>
>>84580735
That's kinda nothing compared to

>i must stop ares! war bad! only I can do that!
>I'll just do absolutely nothing for the next hundred years though

Not even mentioning the inherent hypocrisy of an Israelite talking about how bad permanent war is.
>>
>>84580821
I'm not talking about Superman

>>84580817
In canon? No. She hasn't.
>>
>>84580892
No, it's pretty bad when you ruthlessly kill people you believe are not acting of their own free will (and the movie confirms it, too). Wonder Woman is a literal sociopath, according to this movie.
>>
>>84580943
literally every comic book character that existed during the comics code had a no-kill rule.
>>
File: superman_kill.jpg (362KB, 800x1217px) Image search: [Google]
superman_kill.jpg
362KB, 800x1217px
>>84580943
She doesn't have a no kill rule, but she pretty much never kills. And Superman doesn't have a no kill rule either, btw.
>>
>>84580966
Wonder Woman historically slays whoever is in her way. It's the one thing separating her from Supes/Batman and why she's such a good JL member.
>>
>>84580998
>She doesn't have a no kill rule, but she pretty much never kills.
Yes, she does. Often.
>And Superman doesn't have a no kill rule either, btw.
Superman absolutely DOES have a no kill rule.
>>
File: 9.jpg (842KB, 1890x1340px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
842KB, 1890x1340px
>>84581062
>Yes, she does. Often.
Really? Who, aside from Max Lord, which was a special case. Give me examples and explain why Cheetah, Cerci, Ares, etc are still alive.

>>84581062
>Superman absolutely DOES have a no kill rule
Okay, breh.
>>
>>84580998
If you want to get technical, the DCEU universe has a lot of Frank Miller in it and WW kills whenever she had a chance
>>
>>84575778
It's amazing how he's made millions of dollars just from smirking and delivering quips half away from a camera pointed to his face
>>
>>84581011
So why did she never slay any of her villains? Or any JL villains?
>>
>>84581156
Frank Millar is kinda shit desu.
>>
>>84581153
>Really? Who, aside from Max Lord, which was a special case. Give me examples and explain why Cheetah, Cerci, Ares, etc are still alive.
Hundreds of mooks. LITERALLY hundreds of them. The big bads are still alive for plot reasons, their henchmen are not.
>>
>>84581231
Agreed. Check out Master Race? I think Miller started out writing it with a small guideline in place before he was ousted, it was a mess.
>>
>>84581185
>So why did she never slay any of her villains? Or any JL villains?
Plot purposes. She slays mooks and henchmen all the fucking time, especially pre-crisis
>>
>>84580943

You're replying directly to OP, who's comparing WW and Superman.
>>
>>84581292
>>84581234
You've seriously never read a Wonder Woman comic.

The entire DC Earth shat on her the one time she actually killed someone (Max Lord), even though she was right to do it.

I'll bet you money right now that you can't find me a single, non-Elseworld instance of Wonder Woman killing a human villain.
>>
>>84581369
And I was talking about Wonder Woman, morin
>>
>>84581380
>human villain

Moving those goalposts eh?
>>
>>84581474
No. Only human lives count in comics, otherwise we could bring in all the times Superman killed non-humans like Doomsday and Darkseid. Hell, even Batman's done it.

Green lives don't matter.
>>
Stop watching capeshit. Why do you faggots watch these dumb fucking movies. The best way to make sure Wonder Woman isn't a role model is to stop paying to see these shitty films. God dammit.
>>
>>84581561
Well, I torrented it so...
>>
>>84581547
>Only human lives count in comics
>>
>>84581665
Yes. Come on, you said Wonder Woman kills hundreds of mooks without giving a shit. Surely you can provide one (1) example.
>>
>>84581547
It's fair to count Doomsday and Darkseid on Superman's kill list, since they are both sentient living organic beings.
>>
File: 26049129111_5f934cb70b_b.jpg (55KB, 800x341px) Image search: [Google]
26049129111_5f934cb70b_b.jpg
55KB, 800x341px
>>84576754
Civil War was trying very hard to be "kino"
>>
>>84581826
Fine. That just confirms Superman doesn't have a no-kill rule, however.
>>
>>84576006
Maybr because they have just witness what would appear to be a godess
>>
>>84581936
Didn't stop them from trying to kill her before when she was flipping over tanks or destroying bell towers with a shield bash.
>>
>>84580578
>forgot order of scenes
>meme criticism
Try harder
>>
>>84581153
>the nazi holocaust pales by comparison
fucking hell raimi
>>
>>84574877
It's a bad movie. It's a bad capeshit movie. It's a bad superman movie.
>>
>>84576304
Huh then why does Iron Man 3 exist? What about the Civil War melodrama? Why is Tony Stark so paranoid? Is Marvel tone deaf?
>>
File: 1499115898844.jpg (646KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1499115898844.jpg
646KB, 1920x1476px
I had to go all the way to /co/ to find this you fucking autists
>>
>>84580809
>Unironically supporting zionism
wew lad
>>
>>84582427
It was written by Max Landis.
>>
File: 1490856791734.png (30KB, 860x371px) Image search: [Google]
1490856791734.png
30KB, 860x371px
>>84576533
Unironically true
>>
>>84576365
right side should be about how the marvel heroes always fight an evil version of themselves

iron man fights bad guys in exosuit
ant man fights bad guy in shrink suit
hulk fights bad guy with same powers
captain america fights bad guy super soldiers
doctor strange fights bad guy wizard
>>
>>84582539

All comic books are written by people, that's how they come to exist
>>
>>84582753
It's the same for DC though
Superman fights super people
Batman fights crazy people
And even though they don't have movies
Aquaman fights aqua people
Flash fights people who are fast and lame
And so on
>>
>>84575919
When was the last time?
>>
>>84577054
You're a shit character
>>
>Superman reluctantly kills a mass murderer, who swore to kill every single human being on Earth, to save a family in MoS
isn't he fucking immortal that can resist everything? why not get in front of zodd?
>>
>>84585076
>Batman fights crazy people
really.. you think this is comparable?
>>
>>84585971

Then what?
>>
>>84585982
It is the same. The entire contrived premise of comic books requires pairing heroes and villains who are effectively equivalent. So Batman, who is clearly mentally ill, fights a bunch of mentally ill criminals even though the Flash could literally solve all of Gotham City's problems in one day.
>>
>>84586068
y'know... just stay there until Zod got bored and decided not to genocide everyone
>>
>>84586068
grab him and fly away?
nigga you can't be this dense can you
>>
>>84586140

Fly away where? Space? They've been there already, Zod just came back.
>>
>>84586140
And?
>>
>>84586199
the moon or mars
>>
>>84586228

If Clark can get there Zod can come back.
>>
>>84586228
So say they get to Mars, what then? Just keep fighting Zod until they both starve to death?

aside: can Superman starve to death?
>>
Wondie being murder-happy is a well stablished fact, Superman is supposed to have a no kill code
>>
>>84586104
lel, that's just a matter of not mismatching their power levels. there's no comparison, you're way far out grasping at straws here.

you'd have a case if batman kept getting matched against genius gadgeteer warriors. which has not happened in any of the recent DC movies.

marvel keeps matching their heroes against villains who literally have the exact same powers.
>>
>>84586312

Prove it.

Nightmare mode: prove why something that's generally true of previous incarnations and canons is relevant to this incarnation in this canon.
>>
>>84574877
Superman has an explicit no killing code and is the quintessential fun and child-friendly superhero.

Wonder Woman has no code or image to tarnish.
>>
>>84574877
>>84574915

Because Superman and Wonder Woman are different characters with different boundaries and different morales.

Same reason people wouldn't like it if Spider-Man started knocking people off, but don't blink once if Punisher kills a room full of thugs,
>>
>>84574877
Because he has almost every super power and is bland and boring as fuck.
>>
File: 1478618110256.jpg (73KB, 580x532px) Image search: [Google]
1478618110256.jpg
73KB, 580x532px
>>84586245
>>84586278
choice a:
fight him for a while while trying to convince him, then offer himself to save earth and make zodd realise he shouldn't do whatever the fuck he wanted to do, can't remember desu
choice b:
bait zodd, tell lois lane to talk to lex, that superman will let lex kill him with a kryptonite dagger if he makes a jail for zodd made of kryptonite, they fly to the moon, battle for a while, their powers get weaker, they return
zodd is caged, left to rot, superman dies (for real)
queue funeral scene with the shoe in of justice league
>>
>>84586368
>Superman has an explicit no killing code

No he doesn't.
>>
>>84586368
>Superman has an explicit no killing code
This is wrong. Quit talking about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>84586350
You're right! Superman should have been a Chinese midget who fights tax crime through the IRS!

The previous incarnations do not matter!
>>
>>84586456
>tell lois lane to talk to lex

Lex isn't even in the fucking movie and kryptonite doesn't even exist yet.
>>
>>84574877
But how many did she really killed?
Surely she killed Danny Houston, the guy in the tower and some in the patrol control post in the forest, otherwise she was just knocking them down
>>
>>84574877
>Wonder Woman
>solid movie
>Man of Steel & Batman v Superman
>massive pieces of shit
Gee, lets really think about this one.
>>
>>84586500
>>84586464
cucks
>>
>>84586518

>le ebin reductio ad absurdam meme

You're done, get outta here maggot
>>
File: 1476300033651.jpg (20KB, 332x363px) Image search: [Google]
1476300033651.jpg
20KB, 332x363px
>>84586524
>kryptonite doesn't even exist yet
>lex isn't in the movie
nigger, I just made BvS a motherfucking masterpiece and you're chatting shit about technical details
>>
>>84586571
>killed Doomsday
>killed that asshole
>but he has a no kill policy guys!
>>
>>84586312
Bullshit.
>>
>>84586632
You can never "kill" Doomsday.
>>
>>84586571

so he swore an oath not to kill

but then he did kill?

how did this happen anon, you said this couldn't happen

WHAT'S GOING ON ANON

HE SAID HE WOULDN'T

BUT THEN

HE DID

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
>>
>>84586571

That's not even canon you niggerfaggot
>>
>>84586738
Nothing is canon, they reboot the universe every two months.
>>
>>84586577
Saying that it doesn't matter that Superman kills is equally absurd.
>>
>>84586794

No, it's not. You can't possibly actually think so, as a result I have no other recourse but to believe you're memeing, and I don't fraternise with memesters.
>>
>>84586840
I accept your acquiescence. Another victory for My Spider-Man is Black!
>>
I always thought she used that truth lasso so she could get crims to confess & put them in prison without killing them?
>>
>>84578281
From a military standpoint, and given his genetically hardwired drive to preserve his species, a species of borderline gods is significantly harder to wipe out, both through military action or natural catastrophe, than a bunch of average people like Kryptonians are within their own atmosphere/gravity. A few years of asthma and headaches isn't much in exchange.

If Earth suddenly imploded like Krypton did, any Kryptonians living there would be just fine, unless some idiot had kryptoformed Earth, in which case the species would be extinct.

Zod kryptoforming Earth makes zero sense.
>>
>>84582427
sometimes in stories characters say things that aren't true due to them not being robots that just state facts at all times you fucking cretin
>>
>>84587460

So then... ultimately, what relevance does Superman ever having a no-killing code have to MoS? I mean he never even swears an oath to not kill anyone in the movie, but even if he had, maybe h still would have killed Zod.
>>
>>84587578
why would you make a superman film where you completely refuse to embrace any of the most interesting aspects of the character and just make him into super strong batman
>>
>>84574877
It's like you're a bear living amongst dogs, and you're about to kill off the last of your kind because it wants to kill all the dogs, it's a scary thought to be all alone.
>>
File: BatfleckInAlley.jpg (219KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
BatfleckInAlley.jpg
219KB, 800x800px
>>84574877

There will never (NEVER) be another film reveal as epic as BvS at comicon. Marvelshits are still trying to recover from this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxz3OOA0RY
>>
>>84574877
>to save a family in MoS
I wonder how many families died in Smallville when he took the fight into the middle of town? Or how many died in Metropolis when he didn't even attempt to save any of them? Or how many people burned to death in the Senate building while he just stood there and had a good sulk before doing anything?
>>
>>84587634
>any of the most interesting aspects of the character

Like what? Never everkilling ever because you're a good Boy Scout who always knows the right thing to do and always does it isn't interesting
>>
>>84579161
But the DCEU is absolutely nothing like the DCU in the comics
>expecting /tv/ fag to have actually read comics
That was my first mistake I suppose.
>>
>>84574877
Superman should never have that look on his face
>>
>>84587781
>There will never (NEVER) be another film reveal as epic as BvS at comicon.
Probably because Snyder is literally the only director that gets booed by the fanbase because they know he's a talentless hack that's ruined the DCEU.
>>
File: a-19.jpg (1014KB, 1440x2231px) Image search: [Google]
a-19.jpg
1014KB, 1440x2231px
>>84588352
it actually is interesting because the boy scout / benevolent ubermensch / positive stuff is what distinguishes superman from all the other superheroes. you can grit up the story around him as much as you want but once you start trying to grit up superman you're just eroding what makes him superman and may as well pick a different character to make the film about
>>
>>84588422
>I could be acting as fast as possible right now to try and save all these people that're burning around me
>......but I think I'll just stand here for a minute having a good old cry and feeling sorry for myself again
That's muh Superman
>>
File: the hero we deserve.webm (2MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
the hero we deserve.webm
2MB, 1000x424px
>>84574877
The problem with MoS wasn't that that Superman reluctantly killed Zod. That was one of many problems. Look at your pic related OP. Look at Superman sitting there bouting while people are burning to death and he does nothing but mope like a useless faggot. Ohh you're so fucking bummed you had to kill Zod. Glad we got too movies about how Superman is a whiny faggot that just makes things worse.
>>
>>84574877

what autists like you and Zack don't get is that it's not him killing Zod that's the problem it's him FLYING THROUGH SKYSCRAPERS DOING 9/11 DOZENS OF TIMES WHILE FIGHTING HIM
>>
>>84575799
It took place during WW1, so even if he had survived the movie's events, he'd be dead by Batman vs. Superman and Justice League more than likely.
>>
I guess there's 2 different types of people who watch capeshit, those who think being bulletproof is a superpower and those who don't think it is a superpower because no one else is. Snyder makes movies for the later.
>>
>>84588543
Jesus fucking Christ kys. Snyder movie sucks because he has a dogshit vision for the gestalt and he's a thoughtless dipshit that likes pretty pictures. Him trying, and failing hilariously, to do the self-important tortured hero schtick in such cartoonish schlock is why it's so fucking mockable in the first place.
>>
>>84578263
DC rebirth is pretty fucking popular right now.
>>
>>84588719
wow, you are SO mad

why would someone liking what you don't like make you so mad?
>>
>>84589121
>wow, you are SO mad
project less. I love how terrible his movies are. They're like a masterclass in adhd shotgun approach of iamverysmart shit shoved into a poorly executed and generally fucking dumb final product.
>why would someone liking what you don't like make you so mad?
You're lying. You're either being intellectually dishonest or disabled. You're allowed to like whatever but don't fucking lie to yourself about why you like it.
>>
It took me a year to realize B vs S was kino
>>
File: 2eskew4u.jpg (88KB, 708x602px) Image search: [Google]
2eskew4u.jpg
88KB, 708x602px
>>84589458
It's B v S ya dip.

On account of it being an intellectual trial of ideals where they punch cave trolls.
>>
>>84589390

I don't think I've ever been as mad about something this trivial as you are right now
>>
>>84575614
Remember that scene in Iron Man where Tony wipes out a group of "not-Taliban" and leaves their boss to get torn apart by angry villagers and then kills a tank crew?

It's fucking awesome.

What's not so awesome is the way that Disney glossed over the political implications of all that and Tony's whole "privatized world peace" bit in every subsequent film, making him flippant and wishy-washy about his stance in the first place. They had a chance to explore the real-world ramifications of private individuals powerful and wealthy enough to challenge entire governments and they took the easy way out by making Tony *part* of the establishment, no more hearings, no more appropriation of his tech, no more vaguely creepy hints at how dangerous it is that the guy wearing the walking engine of destruction happens to be an alcoholic, nothing.

BvS doesn't do that. Superman intervenes in one war theater - one, and the whole world goes into panic mode. That's not an accident. It's yet another way that the creators behind these movies are mocking Disney's utterly transparent infantilization of what could have been compelling characters and stories. It's pretty clear to me that RDJ is not only lining his own pockets at this point, but also demanding incredible paychecks in an effort to drop the quality of these films and put them on par with the narrative they offer.
>>
>>84589610
Calmer than you are dude. I love goofing on the movie.
>>
>>84586278
>can Superman starve to death

Not as long as there's sunlight to metabolize.
>>
>>84589742
but why come he can drown so easy peasy?

And how come he can fly with the kryptonite spear if he can't swim with it?
>>
>>84582753
>iron man fights bad guys in exosuit

Iron Man 3, tho
>>
File: obesity.jpg (64KB, 561x347px) Image search: [Google]
obesity.jpg
64KB, 561x347px
>>84575431
IT'S LIKE ANOTHER NAKBA
>>
>>84589852
Several factors:

Kryptonite emits radiation on wavelengths that Kryptonians are especially vulnerable to, radiation that would no longer just be hitting him directly from the spear but from all the irradiated water surrounding it. resulting in a much higher dosage than direct emission. He's able to fly with it(barely) because his flight is based on willpower more than anything else. It's basically the same reason he can stand up and fly even when standing directly beneath the World Engine in MoS.

It's comic book science, but it's at least consistent application of comic book science. They haven't directly stated what it is that makes kryptonians invulnerable and capable of flight, but I can even offer you my own personal explanation and it'll blow your mind.
>>
>>84574877
I'm still ticked off they never realized that "Clark Kent wanders the world fixing situations and saving lives with his secret superpowers" was the best part of the movie and would have been a better choice for the whole plot.
>>
File: 1495385114488.gif (2MB, 245x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495385114488.gif
2MB, 245x340px
>>
>>84590237
I still want a series that explores those years, even if they have to use a different actor.
>>
>>84582586
and now JL turns in to Avengers
literally
>hordes of nobodies (Avengers)
>Snyder has to bow out to deal with his family and Whedon takes over

This is fucked

MoS is the only good DC film of this 'gen', BvS being ok in parts (fever dream, capitol stuff with superman, pretty much thats it)
>>
File: 1480384272737.jpg (110KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
1480384272737.jpg
110KB, 435x580px
>>84576443
He's more wank-worthy covered in hair.
no homo
>>
>>84574877
>Even comic book fans hate the guy

Well that's a lie. Superman is one of the highest selling heroes. The only solo heroes that beat him are Batman and Flash. He outsells Spider-Man these days
>>
>>84575431
Why do people support Palestinians yet refused to support Serbia or recognize Kosovo as Serbia?
>>
>>84590431
makes me cum buckets into my mouth no gaysies
>>
>>84576303

Where does Tony smash a giant Alien ship into a skyscraper in the avengers?
>>
>>84574877
DC characters are much more respected than Marvel shitstains and as such are held to a higher degree of criticism. Superman and Wonder Woman are American icons while Iron Man and Black Widow are marketed toys. Wonder Woman was just a case of feminist bandwagoning, many of the people that praised it don't know what DC even is. Not that I am implying WW was a bad flick, it just attracted the casual consumer much more than BvS or MoS did.
>>
>>84590608
It's not a ship. It's the Leviathan that crashes down when the nuke explodes on the other side of the rift. It hits a building that stays remarkably intact considering that it just had tons of monster dropped on it, but hey, that's the MCU in a nutshell.
>>
>>84590412
>BvS being ok in parts (fever dream, capitol stuff with superman, pretty much thats it)
Literally everything before the Doomsday fight its fucking great. If the warehouse fight was the final scene, it'd be perfect
>>
>>84590573
almost want him to fuck me in the ass in the missionary position with his eyes looking lovingly into mine
i'm not gay though
>>
>>84590887
fucking love pussy bro
>>
>>84574877
Wonder Woman believes that killing anyone in "fair" combat is fine. After all, they chose to be warriors and should accept a warrior's fate. That's been her deal for a while, at least "Fresh Off The Boat" Wonder Woman.

Superman doesn't believe in being judge and jury, which is what he was in MoS. I get why they did it, as part of the "Gritty, Realistic" world they are going for. But Superman ISN'T gritty. He ISN'T realistic. So putting him in a situation where more punching and trickery isn't the right answer is just shit.

There has literally even been an entire plotline where superman disassembles "The Elite" who believe their powers give them the right to kill if they deem it necessary.
>>
>>84591027
>which is what he was in MoS

No he wasn't. If you think that, then you think everyone who's ever shot a spree shooter is a vigilante.
>>
>>84591215
If I was discussing the real world and not the fictional worlds these characters are from and the characterizations that helped make them relevant, then you would be correct.

But you are not.
>>
>>84576006

Just a lucky to be alive scene of a few random kid soldiers.
>>
>>84591215
>If you think that, then you think
Nothing good ever follows this.

Only faggots do this shit. It's just your memey gookspeak for "i'm going to rephrase your argument to something I have a defense against."
>>
they should have made her the whooar that Jesus banged. Magdeline or whoever. That'd have been a fun twizt.
>>
>>84588478
> while people are burning to death
Yes. Burning to death.....in that empty parking lot.

Even if they was people in there, that place is going up in flames regardless.
>Clark stops for two seconds to gently stop oil taker from blowing up parking lot.
>Zod not being an idiot or time waster simply grabs and throws another large vehicle at Superman in that timeframe.
>2nd vehicle hits Clark, knocking him and the tanker back into the lot, causing it to blow up regardless of his efforts and this time even more destructive thanks to the additional vehicle.
>Clark now caught in the middle of all this. Loses track of Zod who flew off to do his all humans must die spree.
>>
>>84591557
He's not talking about the webm you autist, he talking about the OP pic
>>
>>84574877
>media raves on about what a role model she is for young girls, and how hopeful and heroic she is compared to MoS

When you think about it, girls who watched WW watched a story where for all of being the alphaest male of chiseled sculptures Greek mythology, Zeus still couldn't 100% kill Ares but Wonder Woman actually did.
>>
>>84591588
I haven't seen BvS yet if that's what the OP's pic is of (It's just a headshot, sue me for not being able to tell it wasn't a random shot from the first one).
But regardless, OP's point was all about people outrage from MOS vs the lack of it from Wonder Woman. If he was going off the picture and not the words so much (which, fair enough I guess) then anon should be okay with me doing the same.
>>
>>84574877
>>Wonder Woman cuts down dozens of ordinary humans who pose no threat to her

She can still die to bullets you know. The beach scene demonstrated that pretty well.
>>
>>84591976
those were amazons

wonderwoman is not one of them...

this was said explicitly in the movie. are you daft
>>
>>84592053
>those were amazons
>wonderwoman is not one of them...

She got grazed by a bullet during that scene and bled. Also, Antiope was very aware of WW's godly status and still jumped in front of a bullet to prevent her from getting shot.
>>
>>84592084
that's great but implying she can die to bullets while she was literally walking through gas that can like melt faces is kinda silly
>>
File: 3589955-4307772987-30092.jpg (575KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
3589955-4307772987-30092.jpg
575KB, 1920x1476px
>>84592084
>>
>>84592134
>that's great but implying she can die to bullets
She literally can, the movie showed this by having her bleed from getting shot by a bullet and having someone shown to be equal to her in the scene immediately prior perform a heroic sacrifice to prevent her from getting struck by a bullet, as well as going out of their way to show her carefully blocking every single bullet with her shield or bracers.
> while she was literally walking through gas that can like melt faces
being resistant to poisonous gas says nothing about her resistance to steel-cored projectiles launched at nearly three times the speed of sound, the fuck do you think this is?
>>
File: wonderwoman.jpg (98KB, 491x768px) Image search: [Google]
wonderwoman.jpg
98KB, 491x768px
>>84592187
>Injustice

nice try.
>>
>>84592134

She still heals super fast, the Amazon doctor didn't even need to treat her.

Just being shot won't be her undoing but she won't like it and has a right to respond.
>>
why didn't wonder woman stop world war 2?
>>
>>84592284
It took her several hours to heal from a small graze. In a combat scenario with a direct hit she'd just bleed out in seconds.
>>
>>84592294
she didn't want to get shot to death. The film pretty much goes out of its way to make it clear that this version of Wonder Woman can't actually solo millions of men on her own. She needs to be bailed out by the Multi-Ethnic Sidekick Squad at one point after being pinned down by a machine gun, which would obviously be an absurd scene if she could just walk through the gunfire without caring like Superman.
>>
>>84592233
there is nothing there that would imply she can die to bullets.
>>84592200
she got grazed by a bullet when she was basically in her larval form. i'm sure like some stupid antimaterial shit could kill her. but a hand gun?

furthermore, all the shit that ares was shooting at her, the heat, etc. it's clear her skin is impervious to some minor traumas. she doesn't seem to bruise at all, right?

reminder: it took a literal lightning bolt to penetrate ares
>>
>>84592303

Yeah maybe. I thought she was awakening her god powers through the movie, but it's not too clear other than beating Antiope right at the beginning and killing Ares right at the end.

But her bracelets are too iconic to not be used, I don't think she ever tried and failed to deflect anything with them.
>>
>>84592348

at the end it showed she tapped into her god powers and could fucking wreck shit up easily

she was too fast for any of them at the end
>>
File: Superman.jpg (27KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
27KB, 300x464px
>>84574877
He's jewish.
>>
>>84591362
You're right. He should have let the proper authorities deal with Zod.
>>
>>84592375
>there is nothing there that would imply she'd die to bullets
The villain literally says killing her is easy before putting a hole in her gut with a regular handgun.
>>>84592375
>furthermore, all the shit that ares was shooting at her, the heat, etc. it's clear her skin is impervious to some minor traumas. she doesn't seem to bruise at all, right?

Being resistant to heat and blunt force trauma again says absolutely nothing about her resistance to bullets. Do you need an 8th grade physics lecture?

I just think you don't know how powerful modern bullets are while the filmmakers did. A 7.92 round like those the Germans' rifles were using is launched at close to three times the speed of sound and can penetrate half an inch of armor steel. To give some context, kevlar has x200 the tensile strength of human skin, yet a single 7.92 or any other type of full sized rifle round can punch through several inches of that stuff without slowing down. The average person has 2-3mm thick skin. If Wonder Woman was x200 as strong as a human with skin x200 as tough, which among other things means she could take lunches with over 100 tons of force behind them no problem, she still would be helpless against even a 5.56.
>>84592415
>she was too fast for any of them
Even in BVS she's not "too fast" to never get shot, as demonstrated by the fact that we can actually see her fight. If she were, say, supersonic, her movements would literally look like teleportation to us. But they're not going to do that because they still want the actor to have some fight chronography.

She killed those Germans because they were trying to shoot her, shooting her would kill her, and she didn't want to die. Pretty simple. They establish this danger to her at the beach scene and reassert it when she's pinned down by that machine gun and requires the Multi Ethnic Sidekick Squad to flank it and save her. It's not like she ruthlessly executed harmless and unarmed enemies like Reeves Superman.
>>
>>84592294
She stopped a god only to find out what we were capable of all by ourselves. You tell me.
>>
>>84591477
It's an apt comparison. It's why everyone dodges it.
>>
>>84587159
It's also harder to police a population so strong all your tech is rendered pointless. Simple civilian brawls would level cities.
>>
>>84592924
No it's a logical fallacy. Rhetorical meaningless nonsense used by intellectually dishonest dips.
>>
>>84588505
He doesn't fly through any skyscrapers, faggot. He gets thrown through quite a few, though.
>>
>>84576136
>You guys are making my point for me

Is your point that Superman occasionally kills and when he does, it's a huge deal? Because that's the point they made.
>>
>>84593137
Because you say so, right?

You act like you can Kobayashi Maru a train dilemma or st least believe Superman can. If that's your point, you're advocating for a Mary Sue, not a hero.
>>
File: IMG_0488.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0488.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>84577579
More to the point, Mars lacks biomass, and Zod needed it to resurrect Krypton.

>"A foundation has to be built on something."

Sound horrible? Well, that's only because you're not a proper Kryptonian. Terran life was just so much misallocated resources to Zod.
>>
>>84593346
You can tv tropes a poop out of a sandwich it doesn't mean you're making an argument.
>>
>>84593523
Oh, I'm making an argument. You're just refusing to acknowledge it like the pussy and mental midget that you so clearly are.
>>
>>84593494
Only certain worlds could be made into successful living spaces. Remember how they found all the other colonies dead?
>>
>>84589667
Marlel BTFO
>>
>>84575431
all the more reason to enjoy it. fuck palestine
>>
>>84592783
"before putting a hole in her gut"

are you fuckin blind. she blocks it and the villain quips that she was too fast.

i'll admit that a bullet might be able to pierce her skin and wound her. but she's a god, she's got like some super enhanced immortal anima. if she got hit in the chest with a huge sniper round she would die. but handguns will not do it. she could probably get riddled with bullets and survive.

reminder, she is not an amazon. the death at the start means nothing.
>>
I read this whole thread.

Conclusion: Marvel fanboys are butthurt manchildren shitskins with extreme cognitive dissonance to justify all the bullshit in MCUips.
>>
>>84593598
bet your dick is so big bro
>>
File: DD02rloXUAA-eml.jpg (136KB, 1200x1177px) Image search: [Google]
DD02rloXUAA-eml.jpg
136KB, 1200x1177px
Marvel destroys half of NY in Avengers and nobody even raises an eyebrow

A genocidal maniac attacking Metroplis is suddenly tge world is in flames.

Remember dedicated online groups exist to push these double standards.
>>
>>84594034
Demigods like her and Hercules are still capable of dying, only just supremely tough and quasi-immortal.

My bet is that she's a bit like Wolverine, in that she can be incapacitated by gunfire, but that it alone is insufficient to kill her. No matter how mortal the wound, she'd eventually heal. Unlike the Amazons, Diana doesn't even scar.
>>
>>84594159
It's a veritable python.
>>
>>84575431
>could not care less about a young Palestinian girl mourning her family in Gaza
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>84576136
>pop a cap in yo ass, no problem
okay this is where we draw the line
>>
Can we instead talk about how Shannon's Zod is the coolest capeshit villain ever? I guess Marvel fanboys don't know considering their lack of exposure to quality.
>>
>>84593844
I do, but "colonizing" wasn't what Zod had in mind. He was going to resurrect Krypton using the Codex and Earth's biomass to do it.

If the failed colonies are any indication, it appears that the Kryptonian explorers of old made an effort to avoid inhabited worlds. Zod had no such reservations because he was a fanatic.
>>
>>84594424
He really is fantastic. He's insane, ruthless, uncompromising, yet still strangely sympathetic. He's one of the most tragic villains in modern cinema. He's a better cape villain than even Magneto's managed to be on the big screen, though he comes close to Shannon's level in First Class.
>>
>>84594280

Funny I was reminded of roided up Logan when Diana went berserk on Ares and the German soldiers.
>>
>>84594587
Unlike Superman, Zod never really had a choice. Krypton is a part of him. This is why he is utterly disgusted by Clark. Clark not only has a choice but also chooses the other option.

Zod is in some ways how Clark would've become if Jor-El had genetically modified him into a protector of Earth. This is why it's important that Clark has the choice meaning he must also consider and weigh several options against each other. I think Zod is a good reminder to why Jonathan and Jor-El both thought that Clark must choose who he becomes. Only then is he actually responsible for his actions.
>>
>>84594754
How much of it do you think of was purely psychological and cultural?

I've always thought that genetically predisposing someone to a role doesn't necessarily predestined them to it, at least until you get down below a certain level, like Nam-Ek, who is basically just loyal, voiceless muscle - a "grunt" in a terrifyingly literal sense.
>>
>>84595000
It's hard to tell. Obviously those matter to but in Kryptonian society they were actually bred for a specific purpose. They were locked in terms of destiny.
>>
>>84575636
absolute kino. thank you my DChad friend.
>>
File: when the neck snap just right.jpg (17KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
when the neck snap just right.jpg
17KB, 424x424px
>>84581870
>supposed to be a MARVELous clash of titans with superhuman abilities
>they look like ants
>>
>>84587781
Goddamn. Could you imagine robbing a liquor store, hauling ass down an ally to get away from the owner who is probably chasing you with a gun and run into that?
>>
>>84594754
Zod is just a Raditz ripoff to oppose the Goku ripoff that is Goku
>>
>>84595439
Safest alley on the friggin planet.
>>
>>84594169
source of all destruction in avengers was a fixed point above NYC

source of at least half of the destruction in MoS was superman himself.
>>
>>84596004
Pretty sure it was Zod but whatever you're intent on this retarded ass narrative you still haven't dropped after 3 years.
>>
superman, is my favorite comic book character of all time.....seems the only superman comics snyder has read are either elseworld stories, injustice or the dark knight returns...which is a batman novel. And all of you people defending the way he "saved" metropolis is fucking laughable. Go watch the animated series or hell just watch how many people he saved in his original fight with doomsday. Hell the first time we see him in bvs is killing a man, albeit a terrorist but this is superman who couldve easily.....nah never mind you guys defend anything snyder touches. Also im pretty sure while shit loads of people die in the marvel movies theres at least 5 scenes of them focusing on saving people rather than punching the bad guy real gud. And wonder woman was a naive fish out of water who came from a warriors culture, only killing those in battle.
>>
>>84590747

Holy shit I was actually wondering if stark smashed something like superman directly smashing zod into buildings.

You're actually complaining about a Leviathan falling dead on a building because stark killed the mothership.How did you stretch this into "stark smashed the Leviathan into a building"?. He never directly pushed it into a building like superman did with zod
>>
>>84576849
You and every fucker that replied to you is retarded

He needed the codex, which was infused into Kal-El's cells. By threatening Earth, he could fight Kal.

Why is this story so hard for people to grasp?
>>
>>84596418
Explain to me how MoS Clark could've done a better job considering his young age and experience?

Also consider him just saving 7 billion people under the most grueling circumstances leaving him exhausted and on the verge of dying. Don't ignore context.
>>
how hard would it have been to have superman focused on saving people while in the middle of a fight? Many superman films/shows/comics haven't had this problem before.
>>
File: 1495564159516.jpg (188KB, 779x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1495564159516.jpg
188KB, 779x1047px
>kills ares
>stops the war to end all wars
>saves the people of earth from the god of war
>world war two still happens
>which kills even more people
>>
>>84596898
Yeah how hard can it be fighting a Kryptonian war general genetically bred for battle?? wtf Clark just be yourself ;)
>>
>>84596843
those 7 billion were in jeopardy because of his ass in the first place. Dont ignore context.
Also he was clearly experienced enough to take on zod a fucking general born to fight, you think he wouldve saved at least one person in metropolis, hell when he was a kid he saving people. If you simply focus on him AT LEAST TRYING to save individuals caught in the crossfire then him killing zod wouldve been much more compelling, but no go ahead and focus on shot of superman punching zod three times, and tackling him into buildings. I can name at least 3 other origin stories where the hero is saving people in the middle of a fight despite their age or experience.
>>
>>84596955
Really hard, but tackling that angry general into buildings with people in it when hes clearly as indestructible as you are doesn't make it easier either wiseass.
>>
>>84597113
>those 7 billion were in jeopardy because of his ass in the first place
This fucking retard. You are extremely petty and also falseflagging your intentions.

Want me to name all the times Marvel "heroes" screwed up? Nah that would step outside of this retarded shit you're pushing.
>>
>>84597271
did zod not find earth because of him?
and yeah marvel characters fuck up....aloooottt but even iron man the biggest fuck up hero in films saves people during his encounters, shit i rewatched that piece of shit age of ultron and even there iron man saves people while fighting the fucking hulk.
>>
>>84597271
falseflagging my intentions? what the fuck are you on about ya fuckin autist. Petty? quite but it doesnt make what im saying completely wrong.
>>
I dont think killing zod was the problem, hes killed zod before. I think it has something to do with him feeling conflicted about killing him after they both just killed alot of civilians.
>>
>>84582474
>>84582474
zionist jews are based
>>
>>84597438
Superman saved people by defeating Zod. Clark's death would mean the death of Earth. He didn't have the luxury of distracting himself. Hell even defeating Zod required a good deal of luck despite focusing entirely on fighting him.
>>
>>84597612
Superman didn't kill any civilians. He just saved 7 billion of them five minutes earlier.
>>
File: IMG_7673.jpg (99KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7673.jpg
99KB, 640x427px
You plebs should watch the movie at .5x speed if it's really so hard to follow. Superman barely had any control in the fight with Zod. Every time he "destroyed" a building, it was because someone else was throwing or pushing him through one.

Saying Clark is responsible for the destruction in Metropolis is like saying Boeing is responsible for 9/11. FACT.
>>
>>84575636

>I have never read a comic book in my life, but I pretend I know what comic book fans want in a Superman movie.
>>
>>84597696
he still ended up there because of him, but thats not really the issue plenty of protagonist cause the problem in the first place. The problem is that what you call a "distraction" is what people want to see in a superman film, him saving people no matter the consequences, even if it means others will die as a result. A symbol who inspires and brings out the best in people. Its why WW despite its problems succeeded here, If she had not saved those people in that village and crossed no mans land and had listened to steve you could argue she wouldve saved MORE people by the end and steve as well. But no, shes a hero who wants to save people simply because its the right thing to do. Not to play cold calculus with human lives. Ironically wonder woman is more like superman than superman.
>>
File: IMG_8973.jpg (191KB, 700x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8973.jpg
191KB, 700x682px
>>84597875
>projecting this hard
>>
>>84597824
kek
https://youtu.be/wMPZElN-SJw
>>
>>84597900
Was Wonder Woman fighting Zod? No? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>84597999
https://youtu.be/XwMwrFipAxQ
Nice try
>>
>>84575636
excellent post

>>84597875
who said anything about comic book fans

we're talking about moviegoers here, the public at large
>>
>>84574877
The problem is not Superman or Wonder Woman. It even isn't what they do in the movies.
The problem is how their actions are handled and shown by the directors. Superman is shown to engage into a fist fight that crushes many buildings and causes a lot of collateral damage, even lives. Of course, it's Zod instigating it, but he still engages on this massively destructive fight and causes some damage on his own. Then, after all that, he kills it because Zod is threatening to murder a single family that's standing there. Why didn't he kill him when he started fucking everything up? Let's not forget that Clark didn't even out himself as the one they were looking for, making him look as an indecisive coward.
Even when you can rationalize every action in the movie, the sensation most people are left with after the first viewing (which for most people, is the only one, and directors know about this) is that he's just not a very heroic character at all.
Wonder Woman goes on a rampage in the "no man's land" scene in order to save people from the horrible atrocities they were being subjected to by the soldiers under Ludendorff's command. She stops her bigger mission in order to save the little man, and this appeals to everybody and helps her look more heroic. Not to mention they actually give her some time to celebrate the victory with those she saved.
After that, she does kill some more in a fit of rage (people that were shooting at her and trying to kill her friends, mind you), but she recovers from it and ends up sparing Dr. Poison's life, which again, leaves a much more positive feeling on the audience on that first view, and makes her be more heroic.
Artists should know how to display their art in order to get the desired effect. It doesn't matter if the intent and elements are there if they're not put together in a way they actually work in order to get the message through. This is the biggest problem with both of Snyder's DCEU films.
>>
File: 239.jpg (34KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
34KB, 500x494px
>>84575636
These kind of posts are exactly why I love coming to these DC threads. Have a well deserved (You), my friend.
>>
>>84581062
It depends

He doesnt kill villains unless he has to

The Phantom Zone is a get out of jail free card for Superman as he can just cast villains into the void if they become too dangerous
>>
>>84598205
heh you're right. If she was there she probably would've at least made an attempt to save someone.
>>
>>84598205
also no shit idiot, but they didnt even put in a single frame where he tries to save someone while fighting zod, if they had done that, showing how hes unable to save people, then we could at least believe he had no choice but to put all his attention on fighting zod.
>>
>>84598503
clap
>>
>>84598842
Did you miss the ending part of the fight?
>>
>>84598942
end of the fight where he all of a sudden cares and all of a sudden able to control the fight, and is all of a sudden conflicted on killing and being responsible for death? the ending that would've been more believable if they had established how this superman is oppose to taking life and causing death?
>>
>>84599147
Holy fuck you're thick.
>>
>>84599147
meh
>>
>>84599264
but even someone as thick as me, or anyone who isnt legally brain dead, or a fanboy can somewhat understand where i and 50% (being generous) of everyone else is coming from when we say we dont fucking like snyders superman
>>
File: 1456979290292.jpg (185KB, 1241x1625px) Image search: [Google]
1456979290292.jpg
185KB, 1241x1625px
>>84575636
>Zack pbuh wanted to portray Superman realistically, understanding that possessing so much power in real life would not necessarily be "fun" and would actually subject you to a great deal of responsibility, angst and controversy. The same applies to the depiction of death.

This is actually pretty cool. Kinda sad the masses cant appreciate this level of depth in superman's journey.
>>
>>84594034
>you fuckin blind. she blocks it and the villain quips that she was too fast.
She shoots her in the gut and says "not fast enough." You can literally see her holding the wound. How do you see literally the opposite of what happened.
>>
you misspelled triviality
>>
>>84599572
to be fair ww has always been vague about here weaknesses
>>
>>84574877
>A woman gets away for something they chastised a man for previously

Yes, and water is sometimes wet.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.