[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who General - /who/ NARDOL IS COMING BACK - EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 54

File: 1498981437977.jpg (230KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1498981437977.jpg
230KB, 1280x738px
Matt Lucas JUST said in a clip sent to ABCs Whovians

"See you for another series!"

BEST CHARACTER ISNT GOING ANYWHERE!
>>
File: three-episodes-of-build-up.jpg (379KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
three-episodes-of-build-up.jpg
379KB, 1920x1090px
reminder this still happened
>>
tfw they didn't show our memes on whovians
>>
File: Шанки.jpg (39KB, 441x527px) Image search: [Google]
Шанки.jpg
39KB, 441x527px
>>84528795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Lh2ekahl8
>>
File: mattlucas.jpg (25KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
mattlucas.jpg
25KB, 300x390px
APOLOGISE
>>
File: 1498927808640.png (202KB, 826x709px) Image search: [Google]
1498927808640.png
202KB, 826x709px
Everything but series 1-4 is shite
>>
>>84528640
This. All males and odd types makes the best companions. Female companions are just totally uninteresting or fucking annoying in cases like Clara. Partly because Moffat can't write female characters believable, but also because the role they are given. They always seem to be in the role of adventurous and fearless wise-cracking... That kill the mood. Take Rory or his dad for example. Totally chill companions that act like normal people as far as that's possible.
>>
Remember all that "am I a good man?" crap from Capaldi's first season?
God, I'm so happy we're back to "I do what I do because I'm kind" now.
>>
>12 is pulling a 10 by not wanting to regenerate
>his ENTIRE last story will be him crying and moping like 10
>Regenerates into Tom Rosenthal
>>
Everything buy season 1-36 is shite
>>
>>84528777
he meant another series of whovians, not him on another series of doctor who
>>
>tfw off season again
I can feel the comfyness already
>>
File: nardole doctor.jpg (60KB, 988x768px) Image search: [Google]
nardole doctor.jpg
60KB, 988x768px
>>84528840
Sorry I doubted you, Matt. Nardole was indeed based as fuck.
>>
Sorry /who/, we didn't make it on to Whovians
>>
i can't believe those fucking obnoxious Whovians dickheads get paid to basically provide just as much insight as a youtube comments section and I hope I never have to see them again
>>
>>84528777
You're misunderstanding this turn of phrase. It's like saying "bye for now". It's ever so slightly cryptic but it's mostly referring to the work he's just done
>>
You guys do realise that Bill's last line about her liking girls was Moffat taking the piss?

I mean I know the other times haven't been that relevant, but the way it was said plus the smile just screams that he was taking the piss out of people who have been getting annoyed.
>>
>>84528964
>tfw was going to make an absorbaloff but someone else had already done it
>they got shown
>>
>>84529050
>but the way it was said plus the smile
because moffat's the director too right
>>
Why does nardole always wear tartan?
>>
>>84529110
Because he's a man of taste.
>>
>>84529102
>a script is just the lines and nothing else
>>
>>84528964
That's what you get for stealing my basement meme.
>>
>>84529050
No. She was telling the Doctor to regenerate into a young woman.

Seriously why is everybody having so much difficulty understanding this? I didn't understand the line at first either but then I thought about it for 3 more seconds and got it.
>>
File: 1498550444387.png (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1498550444387.png
1MB, 1280x853px
>>84528964
Probably because the person who uploaded the pic to twitter didn't use the hashtag. None of the Whovians cast saw it.
>>
>>84529178
How could she if she has no idea what regeneration is?
>>
>>84529207
Because she doesn't have no idea what regeneration is? She saw the Doctor fake his regeneration in Lie of the Land, she knows that Time Lords can change genders throughout their lives from her discussion with the Doctor in World Enough and Time, and through her exposure to the two Masters.

And then she saw the Doctor's hand glowing earlier in the episode and realised he was going to regenerate. That's why she reminded him of her preferences.
>>
>>84529266
Oh yeah, I forgot about that stuff. That's true. I doubt she's telling him that though.
>>
BBC apologize for sound problems

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-02/bbc-apologises-for-doctor-who-series-10-finale-sound-problems
>>
Nardol is the *worst character, not best. Just wanted to correct your typo OP
>>
I'm really glad the Master didn't do a heel face turn. He's always been a backstabbing dickbag, it would have been horrible to have him go heroic at the end of it. Keeping it to Missy was the much better decision. The reference to the last time the Doctor threw him off a building made me chuckle too.

My only real issue with the episode was going to the Cybran design for the second half. I'd have much preferred they went more towards the Earthshock design as that's the more natural evolution of the Mondas cybermen.

On the other hand: I can understand why they did it. It's iconic for the new series and it's a lot easier on the budget to re-use existing ones rather than having to make new ones.
>>
Paterson Joseph at 6/5 to be the next Doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYbj480MpsI

Ready for Doctor Johnson?
>>
>>84529102
Because he isn't the showrunner, right? Because the director isn't a dyke, right?

Fucking idiots.
>>
Is the quality of a companion inversely proportional to how long they stay around for?
>>
>>84529296
She also was there while the two Masters had the Doctor tied up and talked about dying/regenerating.

>I doubt she's telling him that though.
Why? This isn't some headcanon I come up with, as far as I can see it's literally the only way to interpret that line. It's also why it's delivered in such a way that it sounds like she's about to say "but you're an exception" and then subverts that expectation. Because what she's saying is that she would be attracted to someone with his personality if they had the body of a young woman. And so she wants him to remember that while regenerating.

Tell me another way to understand that line, and make sure to explain why she specified the age of women she's interested in.
>>
>>84528794

>this was the last time they spoke as friends
>>
>>84529343

Stop saying 'Cybran'. It's 'Cybus' you fucking tard.
>>
I asked this 9 times so far and no one answered me. Why? Are you guys retarded autists or what?

What did the Doctor say before the last explosion? After "let it go"??

For fuck's sake surely one of you has it downloaded.
>>
>>84529266
The concept of regeneration was still never explained to her
there is no reason to assume that she understands the orange light glow is associated with changing form
>>
>>84529425
"Time enough"
>>
>Puddle was initially a lifeless drone wearing the mask of a human simulating emotion, waiting to be released of it's last command
>Puddle now not a drone, and has feelings.
Not happy with this one.
>>
>>84529382
It's a pity, but you're probably right, which means that Moffat decided at the last moment to correct any impression we might have that he can think of a Doctor-companion relationship in any terms other than fucking. With her last lines, she's saying "I am only not on your face because you have a willy". Remember when we thought Moffat was the best Doctor Who writer? Seems a lifetime ago.
>>
>>84529413

You are right. My bad.

Too much Supreme Commander has the two mixed up in my head.
>>
>>84529436
Holy shit thank you, I listened to it 100 times and couldn't figure it out
>>
>>84529439
>Heather is Heather again for no reason beyond asspull

It wouldn't be a moffat finale without some bullshit.
>>
>>84529439
This development pissed me off, because it's like he's saying "be happy with a fantasy". Imagine if there were a couple of lesbians in the TARDIS like Amy and Rory.
>>
>>84529374
GOAT companions:
>Captain Jack
>Donna
>Rose
>Nardole

Meh companions:
>Micky
>Amy
>Rory

fuggggggg:
>Martha
>Bill

Didn't make an impression:
>Anyone else

It looks pretty random to me, but Clara, Amy and Rory all wore out their welcome before their episodes ended. I think Rose hit the sweet spot and left at just the right time.
>>
Protip: Missy is an earlier regeneration than Simm. Simm survives (no body = no death) and we get many episodes with him.
>>
File: DDsGZMIWsAAUTtu.jpg (45KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DDsGZMIWsAAUTtu.jpg
45KB, 1024x768px
>the Cybusmen had the 2013 Gaibermen light, weird.
>>
>>84529492
>donna

kys
>>
File: die.jpg (13KB, 280x378px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
13KB, 280x378px
>>84529492
>Rose
>>
>>84529475
Why didn't she just be nice in The Pilot instead of scaring them and being violent? Fucking Moffat
>>
>>84529492
>I hate blacks!
>>
>>84529426
She doesn't need it explicitly explained to her to be able to put the pieces together. She's heard the word regeneration used in context enough to understand, like the Doctor and Nardole talking after his fake regeneration in Lie of the Land and the two Masters talking in this episode. I think the Doctor even briefly mentions it in Knock Knock. So not only does she know exactly what a regeneration looks like, but she knows that it happens to Time Lords when they're injured and that they can change their entire appearance, including gender, in the process.

Not sure why some of you are so determined to misunderstand the line that you go out of your way to try to make hit up, like that Bill doesn't know what regeneration is. I thought you'd be happy that it wasn't just her saying "hey im a lesbian", since people here have been complaining about that non-stop for the whole of S10.
>>
File: 1409698630895.jpg (69KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1409698630895.jpg
69KB, 531x471px
>>84529492
>Rose
>GOAT

>Bill
>shit
>>
>>84529492
GOAT missing Rory and Ace
>>
>>84529535
Because then we wouldn't have had a first episode conflict.

Why is a soaking wet lesbian the season's returning feature anyways?
>>
Dear Lord. The Master and Missy physically abusing the Doctor. Those choppy shots were really disturbing for some reason. Especially when juxtaposed with their Saló-esque waltz. Those rooftop scenes with the Doctor, Missy and the Master really were excellent. That goatee-stroking brilliance that we’ve been missing since Ainley. The chemistry between Gomez and Simm is wonderfully electric. And what’s this? A sonic umbrella?! EGG-ZELLENT! That, to me, is quite a subtle way of showing the cracks in Missy’s evil personality. It was also wonderful to see the return of the Master’s laser screwdriver; even though it didn’t shoot lasers… And is, apparently, sonic now. How odd. “Laser Screwdriver, who’d have sonic?” – You would, mate.

“The Doctor’s dead. He told me he’s always hated you.” – I guffawed.

I was really disappointed that the Iron Man variants made an appearance. Their voices are so irritating. It’s like Stephen Hawking with a throat infection. And since when can Mondasian Cybermen fly? There is no circuitry in their lower legs that could house any kind of jet propulsion technology.

A boner joke in Doctor Who?! That’s right up there with “He was well hung!” from The Girl Who Lived!

Simm’s Master feels far more… I don’t know. Far more wantonly cruel than before. I get the impression that he’d stand there and laugh if he saw the Cybermen killing those children. This guy’s a 24 carat cock face.

The Master and Missy committing suicide. I nearly cried. I have no doubt that Missy will, in fact, regenerate. You can’t keep a good Time Lady down. And what would the Doctor be without the Master?!

HOLY. FUCK. THE. FIRST. DOCTOR. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Overall an excellent episode. Exceptionally good. On par with Heaven Sent for me. This episode packed an emotional punch that nearly sent me through the time vortex.

Bordies fuck off.
>>
why didn't bill ask god puddle girl to take all of the children and nardole to safety
>>
File: cybershit.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cybershit.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
We can all agree that this was the best shot from S10, maybe of any cybermen story ever
>>
>>84529663
The shot is just mediocre. The set is great, but the shot adds nothing.
>>
>>84529637
Because that wasn't in the copy-paste script from the clara/ashildr storyline.
>>
>>84529050
>using your show to further real-world conflicts with an imaginary audience

I refuse to believe anyone is this retarded
>>
So, are we getting the War Chancellor in Series 11?

They were mentioned briefly in 9, but have not been brought up since.
>>
>>84529631
>And since when can Mondasian Cybermen fly?
They can't, it was a boosted jump. They need to overcome the artificial gravity and then fall toward the black hole.
>>
File: 1498959994264.gif (766KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498959994264.gif
766KB, 480x270px
>original simm!hype shot wasnt even in the episode
>>
I don't know why, but I feel that having The Master didn't quite reach the potential it could have. Like it just seemed he was just there for a couple silly puns and the wow factor of "Oh man two masters".
Sure it was good to have him, but it just didn't feel like the master we saw from the Tennant era.

Probably just me.
>>
The ending would have been perfect, if puddle girl didn't show up and pull a deus ex machina.
>>
>>84529761
>deus wet machina
>>
>>84529738
It was from when The Doctor was tied up on the roof
>>
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS
>>
>>84529750
I think he lent a lot of power to Missy/12's character arc. Lots of TV shows have an episode where a character is conflicted about what to do and who they are, but being able to do that story with a younger version of themselves literally standing next to them is pretty novel.

Simm was worth it just for the jokes, but double-worth it for his and Missy's final scene.
>>
>>
File: WEW.png (19KB, 663x150px) Image search: [Google]
WEW.png
19KB, 663x150px
>>84529802
>>
>>84529631
>I guffawed.
literally nobody speaks like this
>>
File: 126484[1].png (1MB, 1334x692px) Image search: [Google]
126484[1].png
1MB, 1334x692px
Leave Series 11 to me.
>>
>>84529663
look at all of those cybermen melted into the landscape
how did one low tech cibber survive?
>>
so that was probably the best utilisation of The Master in the show's history. moffat deserves a bravo
>>
The bassist from Black Sabbath wrote a song about the Cybermen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZD9ewiqdBQ
>>
>>84529884
puddle ex machina and her lesbian god powers came to save the day
>>
>>84529892
You spelt 'bafta' wrong
>>
>>84529892
>the master meets the master and the result is them both killing each other
I agree
>>
>>84529178
>Please change yourself into a young woman and I'll find you attractive.

Why is this allowed? Fuck off Bill.
>>
File: 1488701349635.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488701349635.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>84529919
>the master meets the master and the result is them both killing each other
>mfw watching the fucking episode
>>
>>84529870
Narswole
>>
you guys, Nardole's not in Series 11. They wouldn't make a casting announcement like that on a show broadcast exclusively in Australia. He probably just thought there was gonna be another series of whovians
>>
>>84529631
Nice blogpost.
>>
In The Two Masters, the future Master attacks and mortally wounds his previous incarnation.
In The Doctor Falls, the future Master attacks and mortally wounds his previous incarnation.

It's like pottery.
>>
The whole episode was GOAT tier until the whole "LOOK LOOK WE'RE LESBIANS LOOK AT HOW LESBIAN WE ARE" moment.
>>
>>84529983
Fuck you just spoiled the audio for me.
It's okay, I usually spoil myself purposefully.
>>
>>84529941
I thought that was pretty obvious desu
>>
File: Morrissey_crop_tie[1].jpg (252KB, 695x940px) Image search: [Google]
Morrissey_crop_tie[1].jpg
252KB, 695x940px
Ladies and Gentlemen

Introducing THE NEXT DOCTOR
>>
>>84530001
So, the whole season?
>>
I feel bad for the actress that played Heather, poor girl had to kiss Pearl Mackie
>>
If Heather really was looking out for Bill all this time maybe they should have had hints in other episodes instead of her appearing at the very end of the season finale.
>>
File: IMG_0539.jpg (35KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0539.jpg
35KB, 250x375px
post yfw moffat actually manages to close out his era with an exciting story that summises the themes of his era in a poignant way as opposed to the lowest-common-denominator daytime-soap-tier trash RTD closed his with
>>
>>84530064
But that would require Moffat to not be a shit hack
>>
>>84530033
>LGBT
>but nationalist as fuck

What would the BBC do?
>>
Why weren't the OG Cybermen upgraded to look like the Iron Man Cybermen?
>>
I don't want to be that bitter anti-SJW guy and hopefully this isn't going to far but I don't like the current attitude about how women compare to men. The things some progressives say, such as women are more trustworthy, they cooperate better, their nicer and have higher emotional intelligence.

basically I'm not keen on the 'women are better than guys' stuff and It's something which has cropped up in Moffats Who. I'm not sure if Moffat means it or if he's trying to keep it up the next generation.

That's a problem I think could happen with a female Doctor. She end up acting like a stuck-up teacher that doesn't like dealing with those 'rambunctious' male students.

I would like to see a female Doctor with a Jamie type companion butt hey would probably have a nu--male from modern london. That's even if they have a male companion for a female Doctor.
>>
>>84530001
Jesus...I mean other times it has been forced- but Rose and Amy would kiss their boyfriends after not seeing them. Literally Amy kissed Rory all the time and it was made out to be a massive deal.

Bill fancied Heather a lot, so when they saw each other again they kissed. What's the actual problem here
>>
>>84530134
A Doctor who loves the gays and colored, and never leaves England?

Sounds like all of NuWho
>>
>>84530164
Hey just want you to know that this was a really boring post.
>>
>>84530151
Where were the Earthshockian Cybermen?
How come the Petesworldian Cybermen appeared?
>>
>tfw ywn kiss puddle girl
>>
>>84530173
no its not okay when they're gay
>>
>>84530072
I need more Nardole meme pics
>>
>>84530180
your that guy that calls people boardie aren't you?
>>
>>84530186
>How come the Petesworldian Cybermen appeared?
Cybermen from the prime universe also used that design in the Pandorica Opens and A Good Man goes to War.
>>
https://twitter.com/edwardrussell/status/881450480479731712

Ironically, they had the perfect chance to do it last night

idiot.
>>
>>84530173
They had never even gone on a date
they spoke to each other like twice before heather died
>>
Whovians Episode 12

Anon Should've Used the Hashtag Edition

https://mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA
>>
>>84530164
This has been true for the majority of the show, the female companion is often the voice of emotion and benevolence when the doctor is being hard-nosed. Think Rose in "Dalek".

Ironically it reinforces default gender roles and tropes but nobody cares about thinking about it critically because YAAAAS SLAY QUEEN
>>
Master/Doctor was way better than River/Doctor anyway.
>>
Name an episode this series that didn't have bill saying how gay she was
>>
>>84530246
Mate this just confirms you're just making things up

They obviously liked each other a lot- maybe a 'love at first sight' sort of thing. It is meant to be a romance story anyway
>>
>>84530180
>can't refute a single word
>>
>>84530246
Heather was cute as hell.
>>
How did they make Hartnell's CGI look so life like? Is it where the budget went?
>>
File: 1492355457430.png (235KB, 445x523px) Image search: [Google]
1492355457430.png
235KB, 445x523px
Did they change the actress that plays wetfu halfway through her scenes or something? Or did they just put makeup on her halfway through? She looked really hot in the first half, not so much in second half.
>>
>>84530280
Smile
Oxygen
Extremis
The Pyramid at the End of the World
The Lie of the Land
Empress of Mars
World Enough and Time
>>
>>84530292
I didn't read it.
>>
>>84530288
love at first sight is not a thing that happens in real life
>>
>>84530301
it wasn't cgi, that was hartnell they called him up
>>
Shouldn't gays be more annoyed at how gay characters are portrayed in this show

I'm gay, I don't have to announce it every 30 seconds, nobody acts like that except the most boorish queens
>>
>>84530318
Isn't he dead?
>>
>>84530205
I know you're being 'ironic' but this is genuinely how some people are going on about the last scene...no one's getting really upset about Hazran basically trying to sleep with Nardole
>>
>>84529931
Speaking of picrelated, I like Kado a lot, it gives off some whovian vibes. It's a similar fix of solid sci-fi and completely bonkers developments that somehow make some sense. Too bad it only lasted for one season, the original plan was for 2 but they shelved it early on.
>>
>>84530301
Hartnell came back from the dead.
>>
>>84530306
She's the same one, but when she's dripping with water she's got a fuck load of makeup.
>>
>>84530325
gays are not an important demographic for doctor who
lesbians perhaps. and they're all attention whores so they wouldn't see anything out of place
>>
>>84530280
i'm rather sure she does in Extremis and Pyramid.
>>
>>84530325
ty for telling me youre gay, changes my life

>>84530335
what? no idk if you're joking but that was david bradley
>>
File: 2017-06-23 19.37.05.jpg (410KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-23 19.37.05.jpg
410KB, 625x790px
>>
>>84530315
>show about a literal alien who travels in time
>episode featured robot men on a spaceship
>real life

what are you on about
>>
>>84530352
Looks like she's all prettied up with make-up during the second half though, and she looks worse when she's "pretty".
>>
>>84530355
meant for
>>84530310
>>
File: wet.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wet.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>84530306
>>
>>84530355
No. She's on a date, but she doesn't say she's gay.
>>
>>84530335
They fixed up his corpse and are using it as a puppet
>>
>>84530370
>ty for telling me youre gay, changes my life

It was relevant because you'd probably call me a homophobic boardie then complain about my opinions on twitter
>>
How come the Doctor never asked Missy how she got out of Gallifrey? Why did he wait until he met John Simm to ask?
>>
>>84530370
The fuck? It was another actor and not CGI? Fuck me.
>>
>>84529631
Cringe.
>>
File: 9834.jpg (296KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
9834.jpg
296KB, 1920x1090px
>>84530388
I beg to differ
>>
>>84530373
>dude it's sci fi so it doesn't matter if characters don't act like real people lmao
>>
File: not wet.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not wet.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>84530390
>>
>>84530432
That isn't what I meant at all

Would you sit there during Cinderella and say "well in real life the Prince would never marry her after just one meeting, they'd have to go on numerous dates, move in together etc first"

It's called a romance story, key word there being STORY- the characters don't always act 100% like you might because it's not interesting enough for a sci-fi show
>>
MINISTER OF WAR WHEN??
>>
>watch this whovians shit to see the matt lucas clip
>first 5 seconds
>tardis windows are the wrong size
>close video
fucking australians
>>
>>84530390
she kinda looks like my ex
>>
File: 1498501664315.gif (65KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1498501664315.gif
65KB, 180x180px
>>84530491
who do you think will stop all those cybermen?
>>
>>84530499
anon did you fucking drown your ex
>>
Don't you think he looks tired?
>>
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up dildo my name is bill but u can call me t3h LeSbiAN oF p00r writing!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very lesbian!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet lesbian ppl like me _… im 21 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 talk about lesbianism w/ my girlfreind (im lesbian if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite topic!!! bcuz its SOOOO lesbian!!!! shes lesbian 2 of course but i want 2 meet more lesbian ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…lezways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
LESBIAAAAAAAANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein lesbian again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and vag,

t3h LeSbiAN oF p00r writing
>>
File: 1491394383410.png (390KB, 637x569px) Image search: [Google]
1491394383410.png
390KB, 637x569px
>>84530348
zaShunina didn't deserve to die harder than Adric.
>>
Am watching L&M. The Linda lot are fun fans, the Absorbaloff is the obsessive Adam Orford type of fan.
>>
>>84530499
hot
>>
>>84530521
kek
>>
>>84530521
leave
>>
>>84530551
t. guy who unironically calls people "boardies"
>>
>in 3-4 months we will be discussing filming leaks

how do you feel
>>
File: puddle.jpg (148KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
puddle.jpg
148KB, 1366x768px
After she said she could pilot the Tardis I would seriously want a season with just her (and unfortunately bill...) replacing the doctor while he's unconcious before regenerating.
>>
So can we talk about how this is the second companion Moffat has written who ends up traveling through time and space with another immortal woman?
What the fuck Moffat?
>>
>>84529802
>>84529859
Why do you guys always spam these screenshots?
>>
>>84530579
nah ill just hop back into /who/ 1 week before the christmas sp airs and all is fine
>>
>>84530525
Although I suppose that Nuwho rarely kills anyone named or major nowadays lulling me into false security with other media.
>>
File: 1494002432835.png (643KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
1494002432835.png
643KB, 750x493px
>>84530579
Exciting.
>>
>>84530579
I quit /dwg/ during off season so i dont get everything spoiled
>>
Can we talk about the fact that apparently common space oil is some kind of magical time travelling, tardis-pilot-capable liquid?
>>
>>84530631
In ep1, they explicitly said the oil couldn't get into the TARDIS too. kek
>>
>>84530579
Impatient
>>
>>84530535
Well yeah the whole point of the episode was RTD telling people not to end up like Ian Levine.
>>
>>84530644
>moff made nardole reference a conversation that simulation nardole had with simulation bill as if it happened in real life
>moff also forgot about rules he made for the space oil in the pilot

definitely time for him to leave, he's clearly exhausted. Have you noticed how in every single interview he does now he mentions the nasty internet comments and everyone giving him hate mail? It's got to be doing a huge number on him, it can't be healthy mentally
>>
>chris chibnall is responsible for creating the most successful criminal drama of the recent years with 10 mil. average viewers in series 3
>kris marshall is respobsible for single-handely carrying another top-tier drama to 9 mil. average viewers and average AI 89

Your predictions for ratings?
My money is on 10+ mil. viewers for 11x1.
>>
>>84530072
oh christ, End of Time that fucking dumpster-fire.
>>
I guess they gender fluid too

written by tumblr
>>
>>84530644
she was never in puddle form in the tardis, she was clearly human. it's possible she just got to the top of the spaceship and then just walked in. the tardis is sentient, it'd let them in no doubt.
>>
can i get a uhhhhhhhh B O N E LE S S christmas special
>>
>>84530693
6-8 million in final ratings because of new Doctor hype, average of 4-5 million later on in the series
>>
>>84530708
As that's about the only way these whinging assclowns in the thread can ever hope to become men you might like to be less dismissive.
>>
>>84530733
this.
>>
>>84530715
The First Doctor looks a bit bony
>>
>>84530715
Sad that this boneless thing meme didn't get popular a few years ago when DW had a villain called the Boneless.
>>
>>84530759
>>84530715
Can I get a forced meme please?
>>
>>84530733
So basically like this series?
>>
>>84530715
I don't understand this meme
>>
>>84530788
Yes, maybe a bit higher because it's a new Doctor/Companion/Showrunner.
>>
GOAT SCENE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picbpoP2OMw
>>
If it would take the Doctor years to reach his TARDIS, how did the Cybermen come up and take Bill back down so quickly in episode one? Additionally, how come the Cybermen haven't advanced at all by the time they get back down in the lift?

(This is partly answered in the next question, as it would appear that the lift takes an absolute maximum of 26 hours to make its journey. If the Doctor is right in the next point, then the timescale is wrong here. If the timescale is right here, then the Doctor is wrong in the next point.)

The Doctor then says they couldn't possibly get to his TARDIS without the Cybermen catching them. But the Master says that the Doctor was just two hours too late to save Bill from conversion. Given that the conversion process began while Razor's monitor was showing the Doc and co entering the lift on floor one, that gives us a rough timescale for the lift to get from one end of the ship to the other in Cyber-floor terms - assuming the operation takes no longer than 24 hours, it can only possibly take the lift 26 hours in total to get right the way up or down the ship. The Doctor and co in escaping from floor 507 only have to make half that journey.

The Doctor and co working everything out, drawing diagrams, knocking out the blue guy etc on the top floor took a total of ten years in bottom floor time. On the way back, they just need to run to the TARDIS.

The Cybermen would be unable to overtake the lift, as they would have to develop super-boosts for their rocket boots, deploy a squad, and reach the top floor in under 26 hours of their bottom floor time. They would become subject to the same time dilation as the Doctor and co as they rose through the floors, so their boots would have to become exponentially quicker for each hour of development time taken in order to overtake the lift.

Next - five hundred floors only bought the villagers a fortnight. Nardole and the kids have been sent up an additional five floors. They're toast. Very soon.
>>
File: thatsRacist.gif (993KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
thatsRacist.gif
993KB, 245x235px
>>84528795
Little girl was Bills mom
>Or am I pic related
>>
>>84530842
>Next - five hundred floors only bought the villagers a fortnight. Nardole and the kids have been sent up an additional five floors. They're toast. Very soon.
They did make a point of saying 12's blown up "most" of the Cybermen though, and Nardole is prepared to blow some more up.
>>
>>84530842
it was quickly relative to the speed of time on that floor (where time was moving really slowly)
>>
Guys reccomend me some tenth doctor kino
prefera tobly some with the master
>>
>>84530923
sound of drums is the only kino master episode
waters of mars is regular kino, as is impossible planet/satan pit
>>
>>84530923
Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords
>>
>I can throw better than all the boys!
yes yes moffat we get it
>>
Just found out that Tennant voices Scrooge McDuck in DuckTales.
>>
All that forest stuff with Missy and the Master, and nobody spotted it. The #dwsr stalkers only managed one really grainy far away shot of Gomez and Simm from the back, and even then they weren't 100% sure if it was Simm
>>
So..... first colonists didn't return in the first place because Master was didn't allow them?
>>
File: sonic umbrella.png (192KB, 375x332px) Image search: [Google]
sonic umbrella.png
192KB, 375x332px
>what did they mean by this
>>
>>84530984
and he isn't even attempting to sound old, it's genuinely disappointing tbqh desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNdCFptI6k
>>
>>84531010
Aren't the #dwsr guys not allowed to get too close to the filming anymore?
>>
>>84530525
zaShunina didn't really die, he was just booted out of the universe.

How that happened was a bit silly though.
>>
>>84531047
does not a single dwsr person have an actual non-phone camera or a zoom lens?
>>
>>84531047
>>84531067
Why are they allowed to leak set photos and spoil shit?
>>
>>84531067
They're a group of neets, I'm surprised they're able to afford to travel to the filming locations.
>>
>In S05E09 Cold Blood, the production team specifically told Matt Smith not to point his Sonic Screwdriver at the Silurians when destroying their weapons, because they didn't want the Doctor to "seem like he was using a weapon to attack them."
>In S10E12 The Doctor Falls, Capaldi runs through a forest pointing his Sonic Screwdriver at several Cybermen as they blow up one after the other.
hmmm
>>
>>84528795
Oh my God. How Embarrassing....
>>
>>84531096
because it's not illegal
>>
>>84531056
>that golden light at the end
I watched so much Doctor Who that my mind immediately jumped to regen energy.
>>
>>84531137
>>84531136
Not an arguement
>>
>>84531110
he was actually pointing his screwdriver at the ground because it was the ground that blew up
>>
>>84531142
Especially given that both finales had zones of delayed time playing an important role, this was in general eerily similar.
>>
>>84531148
You didn't cringe at that scene? "Beel...Beel...Beel..."
>>
File: visible confusion.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>>84530313
How'd you know it was boring then?
>>
>>84531110
Usually that would annoy me but that scene gave me goosebumps, so fuck logic.
>>
>>84531153
No it wasn't
>>
>>84529503
Why would people who aren't Cybus put the Cybus logo on them?
>>
>the doctor
"oh no I don't like guns"
>the doctor 10 minutes later
uses his sonic pointed like a gun to blow up cibbers
>>
>>84531223
Yes he was anon
Watch the episode again
>>
>>84531241
Nah, that's fine. But the way they glowed blue just felt weird.
>>
>>84529492
You didn't even put based Wilf.
Shit tastes.
>>
>>84531161
Kado reminded me of the TARDIS. (Maths, bigger on the inside)
The cocoons thing reminded me of Rassilon.
The ascending to the anisotrope reminded me of Rassilon wanting to ascend to become creatures of pure energy and the Celestial Intervention Agency succeeding and creating Mictlan.
Yukika was some kind of River Song miracle kid conceived in one episode with all the benefits of humanity and TL aspects without actually being an anisotropic being and an Hybrid half human on her father's side. More ridiculous than Song, though.
>>
>>84531241
The Cyberbudget wasn't big enough
>>
>>84530335
He regenerated.
>>
Interesting that the "doctor" flashes included jenny and vastra, but not strax - but the fact it included any of them is interesting enough since they were just recurring side characters and not companions
>>
File: """"ground"""".webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
""""ground"""".webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>84531248
No, he wasn't.
>>
So, am I getting this right? Shitty spaceship managed to bust through the 500 ceilings? And it ended up on the EXACT floor Master was talking about in episode 1?
How does this work?

Who engineered this ship?
>>
It hurts me that we will not get Capaldi any longer. He was great and when he wasn't let down by Moffat's subpar scripts it showed.
>>
>>84531344
>explosion clearly originating from the ground
you're not very good at this are you
>>
>>84531370
That wasn't his point
>>
>>84531368
Stop spamming this meme
>>
>>84531370
He didn't point it at the ground though, he was pointing it at them.
>>
File: 543865893658.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
543865893658.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>84531344
Really makes you think
>>
>>84530585
>Puddle Who
>>
>>84531368
what do you believe makes a script good as opposed to subpar?
>>
Puddle can pilot a TARDIS because she's nuwho's Compassion.
>>
Moffat unironically peaked with Silence in the library
>>
>>84531444
heaven sent
>>
Considering that going into the episode, we all know they are wiping the slate clean for Chibnall, I still teared up really badly throughout the episode - love the Missy and 12's arc this series, mainly due to Capaldi and Gomez's chemistry (someone cast them in a new series please?) and I love the general old foes trope. I get why Missy's end was fitting but it was heartbreaking to watch her and 12 each lying in the field alone.

Capaldi and the whole cast truly knocked it out of the park - is it usual for finale casts to be this strong? Even Nardole's scenes at the end were genuinely emotional.

I still have the feeling that this cast was not utilised to their full potential and that just made things sadder. Hopefully a happier sendoff for 12 at Christmas - he went through a shitload of pain and suffering (also I can't bear to watch Capaldi hurt).

As a Capaldi fan first, kind of happy that he can move on to other projects though. He faced a lot of unfair bs criticism in the last 3 years e.g. he's too old, its not a female doctor!!!!1111!1!11 so i am dropping the show etc. but you always felt he put everything he had even when the scripts were poor.
>>
File: capaldinski.jpg (42KB, 198x243px) Image search: [Google]
capaldinski.jpg
42KB, 198x243px
>>84531110
It was probably Capaldi's idea
>Yeah yeah, let me blow shit up with my sonic... it's my last series after all.
>>
POST YOUR OFFICAL NUWHO COMPANION RANKINGS

>Unofficial Fap tier
Clara
Martha
Rose

>GOAT tier
Jack
Nardole

>Good Tier
Clara
Amy
Rory
Martha

>Okay tier
Donna
Bill

>Shit tier
Sarah Jane
Rose
>>
>>84531444
peaked at the end of S5
>>
>>84531462
was trash
>>
What we need for Capaldi's finale is a sax solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t9LjQdrMiM
>>
>>84531514
>Fap Tier
Clara
Amy
Peri

>GOAT Tier
Nardole

>Good Tier
Clara
Jack
Rory
Martha

>Okay Tier
Donna
Rose

>Shit Tier
Amy
Bill
Adric
>>
My nuwho companion rankings

>GOAT tier
Donna
Wilf
Jack

>Good tier
Rose
Martha
Amy
Rory
Nardole

>Okay tier
Bill

>Bad tier
Clara
>>
>>84530521
Checked
>>
>tfw the guitar barely appeared in S10 at all
>>
File: 46.jpg (263KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
263KB, 1920x816px
DOCTORS ARE NOT REQUIRED
>>
>>84531514
>My opinion of the character is irrelevant because they're so fucking attractive I want to cry tier

Clara

>GOAT
Donna, Jack, Nardole

>GOOD
Rose, Micky

>OKAY
Martha, Bill, River

>TRASH
Amy, Rory

>>84531514
>>
>>84531514

>Goddess tier
Clara

>God tier
Jack
Rory

>Good tier
Rose
Donna
Nardole

>Okay tier
Mickey

>Shit tier
Martha
Amy
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13337692
>>
Why did 12 refuse to regenerate?
>>
File: 12rain.gif (474KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
12rain.gif
474KB, 500x275px
>>84531514
>Bringing Donna down to Bill's tier.
You should be DELETED.
>>
>>84531651
he saw what kris marshall looks like
>>
>>84531651
Because muuuh I don't wanna go bullshit and because Moffat thinks it is the mark of a good writer to pull off a fucking RTD
>>
>>84531651
He doesn't want to become a woman or a minority
>>
>>84531674
Watch the fucking episode again you stupid boardie

He wants to die it's completely different from what 10 wanted
>>
>>84531668
>trying to make meme Love Actually sex-obsessed guy a thing

It's not going to happen. The bokkies cancelled their bets, yes, but the BBC has not pronounce itself just yet and unless there's a leak before then we will never now until the Christmas special airs.
>>
>whole point of The Pilot was that Heather couldn't teleport inside the TARDIS, only chase it

>Heather teleports inside the TARDIS
>>
File: thirddoctor.jpg (36KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
thirddoctor.jpg
36KB, 460x300px
>>84531639
>Votes for best doctor
>>
>>84531674
To be fair stealing from RTD is probably the best writing he'll ever see
>>
>>84531712
moffags literally defending this
>>
>>84531651
he's suicidal
>>
File: IMG_5689.jpg (52KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5689.jpg
52KB, 625x626px
>>84531719
>>84531674
>>
>without hope, without witness, without reward
how proud of himself do you think moff was when he came up with this?
>>
>>84531699
He doesn't want to die you fucking retard, especially after Missy sacrifices herself to save him.
>>
>>84531651
;'I'll explain later''

[Kidding aside, they'll be loads of reasons for it in the special]
>>
>>84531712
>Heather teleports inside the TARDIS
But she probably doesn't. We don't see them land there, and they almost definitely had to carry Capaldi in and lay him down, since it doesn't seem like Heather can just teleport shit without touching it.
She very, very likely teleported to the top of the ship and then went into the TARDIS.
The TARDIS wouldn't have let her in during The Pilot since they assumed Heather was hostile, but since she's clearly saving him in this episode, and the TARDIS is sentient (as is even mentioned for the first time in a while by the Doctor this episode) it would have let them in.
>>
The idea of the Doctor thinking the he actually lost everything is great (just as great as idea Doctor going insane in Hell Bent), but it executed in a really weird way again.
>>
>>84531771
It's not bait when it's right.
>>
So what books is /who/ reading to fill in the hiatus?
>>
>>84531833
>implying i can read
>>
>>84531785
>Missy sacrifices herself to save him
So you didn't watch the episode then
>>
>>84531833
I just read Dying Days. Love Parkin's ability to take really stupid ideas and make them into a great story. Sucks that he hasn't written any new stories in the last few years beyond adapting Cold Fusion.
>>
>>84531514
>GOAT tier
Donna
Jack
Nardole

>Good tier
Amy
Bill
Rory

>OK tier
Martha

>Fuck off tier
Rose
Clara
>>
>>84529494
>Missy: I remember being angry when I was you"
>Simm: Am I gonna be a woman?

Great theory.
>>
>>84531785
>Missy sacrifices herself to save him
But she didn't
He still got shot by the cybermen
>>
>>84528777
So... God is a wet lesbian. Is the future going to be all female? I hope so.
>>
I think the reason he was so opposed to regenerating is that he's realized it's just a cycle and he's sick of it. The episode shows him coming to terms with him dying and he just wants to die doing what he believes in, since he doesn't think he'll be able to keep doing it much longer, or he just plain doesn't feel like he has it in him and has given up.
>>
>>84531514

>GOAT
Wilf (if he counts)
Jack
Nardole
Donna

>Okay
Everyone else

>Shit
None of them, really.
>>
>>84531926
Swap Clara with Bill and the list is perfect.
>>
File: 51234123.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
51234123.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
>19645 days until Doctor Who 100th anniversary
>>
>>84532113
We'll definitely get something for the 60th in 2023 if the show is still on by then.
>>
>>84531514
GOAT
Nardole
Bill
Donna
Wilf
K9

Okay
Martha
Sarah Jane
Jack
Rose
Mickey
Song

Fuck off
Clara
Amy
Rory
Any time Danny Pink was mentioned
>>
File: 1498474358926.jpg (176KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498474358926.jpg
176KB, 900x1200px
>>84531651
I'm sure it'll be expanded further in the Christmas special. It'll be interesting to hear why 1 doesn't want to regenerate either, but that one seems a little more straightforward.

>>84532024
>I think the reason he was so opposed to regenerating is that he's realized it's just a cycle and he's sick of it
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

I hope it's because he's just sick of the process. He doesn't want to live this perpetual cycle of getting to know himself, making new friends, and then losing it all and having to learn how to even exist again. He just wants to be himself, definitively and forever. And I don't mean that he just wants to be 12 and doesn't want to become "someone else" like 10 did, I mean he just wants to stay in one incarnation and continue his life and build on that foundation instead of all his atoms being rearranged yet again.

Anyway look at this cute pic Rachael Stott drew.
>>
>>84532193
You have Rory and Mickey mixed up
>>
>>84529729
>>84529862
>>84529952
It's copypasta from reddit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsvOVfJpcao

;_;
>>
>>84532237
Mickey probably belongs more in the bad category.
>>
>>84530064
They were hinting at her since the cliffhanger with CyberBill's tears though.
>>
The Doctor Falls makes me want to almost immediately watch it again, and I usually wait as long as I can before my 2nd watchthrough of an episode, so I can forget some of it.

I'm very surprised that Moffat's last finale is also his best.
>>
>>84530072
End of Time was literally GOAT, no exaggeration
>>
>>84532333
D I N N E R T I M E
>>
File: every single time.webm (3MB, 1280x498px) Image search: [Google]
every single time.webm
3MB, 1280x498px
GOAT
>>
>The Doctor doesn't like nor use weapons directly.
>His sonic screwdriver literally fires a laser
Where were you when moffuk contradicted a fundamental part of The Doctor's personality?
>>
>>84531833
Gonna continue listening to 8. Next up Zagreus
>>
>>84532379
the doctor also blows himself the fuck up all to buy some kids time
it's fine for him to act out of character if the reason he is acting out of character is within character
>>
>>84532195
Rachael is my wife
>>
Can someone explain me how Master and Missy can go down if it's the city full of cybermen?
>>
>>84530306
It's make-up to make her look like the corpse she is. It's very well done imo
>>
>>84532405
Woah nuance really hurty my head
>>
>>84532415
No she isn't
>>
File: muhgun.jpg (164KB, 1428x1052px) Image search: [Google]
muhgun.jpg
164KB, 1428x1052px
>>84532379
Bitch, Doctor fired enemies into sun, snapped necks, poisoned 'em with cionyde and took hostages on regular basis
>>
>>84530315
>What are hormones?
>>
>>84532405
Well okay but why the fuck can his main tool which is purposely supposed to be a non weapon fire a fucking laser? He blows shit up all the time, but never shoots stuff.
>>
File: brain.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
brain.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>84532405
>acting out of character was part of his character
>>
>>84532405
>it's fine for him to act out of character if the reason he is acting out of character is within character
>>84532438
>Woah nuance really hurty my head
I unironically love both of these posts and I love /who/.

We've survived S10, and we're headed back into off-season /who/. Who's sticking around? How do you feel about the future of /who/ and Who?
>>
For any serious nerds, here's a really in depth look at all the TARDIS props since 2005:

https://medium.com/tardis-history

https://medium.com/tardis-history
>>
File: problem.jpg (207KB, 730x544px) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
207KB, 730x544px
If Missy did know what would happen, she had aa plan to survive/regenerate after all.
>>
>>84532278
matt is based as fuck

they gotta bring him back
>>
>>84530422
It's the dude that played Solomon in S7. Can't remember the episode name but it was that shit one with the dinosaurs on a spaceship.
>>
Someone tweeted Ed Russell saying "did he remember Clara??"

and his reply was "we still have Xmas"

OH NO
>>
File: 46.jpg (744KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
744KB, 1920x2160px
>>84532463
>Well okay but why the fuck can his main tool which is purposely supposed to be a non weapon fire a fucking laser? He blows shit up all the time, but never shoots stuff.
Watching the scene, it looks more like The Doctor, Missy and The Master are simply holding the Cyberman back, while Bill's laser is the one actually destroying it. You can see the green beam reflecting off its forcefield, while no such effect is present for Bill's orange beam.
>>
>>84532333
I know you're baiting, but I sort of agree.
It's a glorious mess of honest emotional moments, overstated FEELS, epic atmosphere, cringeworthy shit, genuinely funny bits and a dozen other things.
In short, it was the perfect summary of the RTD era, so of course if you hate the era you'll hate the finale, but if you like it you'll take the bad with the good and love it for what it is.
>>
>>84532533
>dinosaurs on a spaceship
literally the episodes name
>>
>>84532533
>Can't remember the episode name but it was that shit one with the dinosaurs on a spaceship
kek it's called "dinosaurs on a spaceship"
>>
File: eccleston.gif (537KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
eccleston.gif
537KB, 245x180px
>>84532551
>Clara comes back
>Ashildr comes back
>Bill comes back
>Heather comes back
>No Nardole
>>
>>84532439
She's my wife in my heart
>>
>>84532580
>literally the episodes name
>>84532593
>kek it's called "dinosaurs on a spaceship"

Jesus Christ
>>
>>84532533
>Can't remember the episode name but it was that shit one with the dinosaurs on a spaceship.
friendly reminder that this is a chibnall episode, so get used to more of that
>>
File: Chris-Chibnall.jpg (32KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Chibnall.jpg
32KB, 615x410px
>>84532580
You know somewhere at this moment Chinballs is recoiling with glee as his shitty episode title finally got used as intended in a sentence

>that shit one with dinosaurs on a spaceship
>>
>>84532595
It's actually reallly shitty that soon Doctor will regenerate, get back tardis and will not give a single fuck about Nardole stranded on bloody colony ship.
Just like with Jack.
>>
>>84530592
The thing is, the way it is done with Bill felt alright. It felt fitting. With Clara, it was stupid. So the first time was lame, second time was cool, but since its the later repetition, it still leaves a bad taste.
>>
>>84532469
>The doctor blowing up shit is out of character

You never watched this show before have you?
>>
>>84530507
All memes aside I really hope Moff or Chibbers ties up those loose ends.
>Does the spaceship escape the black hole?
>What happens to the blue man on the bridge?
>How are the Cybermen and their rapid technological advancements contained?
>Do Nardole and the Mondasians survive?
>How does it all tie into The Tenth Planet?
Hopefully the First Doctor's appearance means at least the last question's going to be answered
>>
>>84532646
>friendly reminder that this is a chibnall episode, so get used to more of that
Friendly reminder "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" was literally Moffat's idea and handed to him.
>>
In 2009, Russell T Davies told an interviewer forThe Timesof London:

"I would have loved to have done aStar Trekcrossover. The very first year, we talked about it. ThenStar Trekfinally went off air. Landing the TARDIS on board theEnterprisewould have been magnificent. Can you imagine what their script department would have wanted, and what I would have wanted? It would have been the biggest battle."[2]
>>
File: despair.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
despair.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>84532405
>it's fine for him to act out of character if the reason he is acting out of character is within character
>>
>>84530690
What conversation?
>>
>>84532711
friendly reminder that the idea of dinosaurs on a spaceship isn't inherently bad and a good writer could have done a better job than that.
friendly reminder that chibnall has written 5 episodes and they are all shit.
friendly reminder that chibnall wrote even more shit torchwood episodes, many of which were his own ideas.
>>
>>84532694
Hey, to the Doctor's knowledge Bill is worse off than he was. At least until christmas by the looks of it.
>>
>>84532379
I was under the impression that his screwdriver was just using the software he downloaded from nardole's computer that controlled the explosives in the ship
>>
>>84532709
>>What happens to the blue man on the bridge?
holy kek forgot about him
>>
>>84532764
I enjoyed DOAS. Fight me.
Chibnall has written mostly episodes that have been asked of him, and done them well (usually averagely, rather than GOAT).
A lot of Chib's Torchwoods are pretty great actually, aside from Cyberwoman
>>
>>84532727
Well thank God that never happened.
>>
>>84532563
>Missy unsure how to emote
>Master making a constipation face
>Doctor doing a crouching wizard battle pose
>the screwdrivers shooting green beams
>Simm's hand blocking Capaldi's face (great screen composition, you fucks
I hate everything about this.
>>
>>84532764
42 is great episode and you have to be total edgelord to disagree
>>
>>84532874
42 is the only Doctor Who episode of Chibnall's that I dislike. I like-love all his others.
>>
>>84532563
isn't this just harry potter tho
>>
>>84532729
>>84532469
how are you 'both' unironically >>84532438
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1366x768px
>>84532563
>>84532909
>>
I'm a tad iffy on Chibnall's script quality overall, but I'm open to at least give him a chance. The one thing I'll say about all of his scripts is that I think he nails the tone of Doctor Who. I think Moffat had problems pinning down a tone for the show (though these problems weren't really present during his pre-showrunner days so who knows what could happen?), but all of Chibnall's scripts feel like adventures, have a good balance of tension, humor, and character drama, and a bigger focus on the aliens and sci-fi element than Moffat has typically had.
>>
>>84529802
>They need a spin off
Fucking everything needs a spin off to these cretins. Just because there's an open plot, that immediately means there apparently needs to be an entire series devoted to what happens next because these people have no imagination.
>>
>>84532942
>it was a DOTD reference
okay moffat you get a pass here
>>
>>84532563
it fucking sucks that the headlamp became the weapon, would've been KINO seeing the Cyberman lift its chest unit, charge it up, and fire lasers from that.
>>
>>84532819
It would have been a voyager crossover I guess? Or Enterprise actually.
>>
look how much better the scene composition in >>84532942 is than in >>84532563
talalay is a hack
>>
>>84532954
I'm looking forward to seeing a new writers take on the show after 6 Series' of Moffat

>>84532996
It would have been Enterprise, Voyager ended in 2001 I think
>>
>>84532954
Agreed. Chibnall's scripts have all lacked a final polish, but they've all felt like proper fun adventures with a bit of everything.
>>
>>84532994
That's not really better, you shouldn't just turn every part into a laser firing weapon. They should have just got their original guns from Tenth Planet.
>>
>>84533114
>>84533114
>>84533114
>>84533114
>>84533114

MIGRATE
>>
>>84532954
He's really critical of his decisions in commentaries for Torchwood and his episodes for that were pretty good, so even though I don't like most of his Who episodes I'm relatively optimistic that he'll be able to deliver the Tungsten age of Doctor Who.
>>
>>84532573
>I know you're baiting
I'm actually not. Besides the retarded logic of the Doctor surviving falling into the manor, it's honestly my favourite story in nu-Who due to the acting and atmosphere alone.
>>
File: The Joke.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Joke.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>84532580
>>84532593
Actually I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>84532417
lots of them went to fight so there's less of them guarding the bottom
>>
>>84532563
>>84532909
>>
>>84532764
>42
>Shit
Neck yourself. Also Power of Three would've been kino if it had been the two-parter it was originally going to be.
>>
File: The_power_of_three.jpg (80KB, 850x475px) Image search: [Google]
The_power_of_three.jpg
80KB, 850x475px
>>84533360
Power of Three is kino.
>Brian
>Amy, Rory, and the Doctor living together
>The Doctor struggling to find ways to pass the time
>Kate Stewart

Fuck Moffat for making the episode retroactively depressing with Rory just disappearing for Brian to never see him again in the very next episode
>>
>>84533455
There was a unfinished minisode where Amy and Rory's adopted son delivers a letter to Brian to explain why he will never see them again.
>>
>>84533360
>Neck Yourself
>>
>>84533360
>Neck Yourself
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>84533360
>Neck Yourself
>>
>>84531784
As proud as he was with "Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of a lesser man to light the flame."

I've no doubt Moffat smugly sits back after writing these lines and fantasises about all the posters that are going to be sold with those lines scrawled over a picture of the Doctor.
>>
>>84532796
>despite based Nardy's best efforts he is unable to hold of the Cybermen forever
>Is forced to watch the people he was charged to protect get shot down (Time of the Doctor 2.0)
>Still he plans to fight to the end, when he notices out of the corner of his eye...
>A child being dragged off by a Cyberman kicking and screaming
>The realisation dawns on Nardole that death is far from the worst fate in store for these people, that they still have all the horror of Conversion waiting for them
>He has to make a choice to spare the suffering of not only these colonists but also the entire galaxy - the Cybermen cannot be allowed to spread to other worlds

>Blue man wakes up on the bridge with a distress call from floor 500
>Nardole appears to be giving him instructions on how to overcome the time dilation problem
>Blue man (janitor) doesn't understand what he's doing but follows instructions hoping to put an end to everything that went wrong
>His face falls as the engines are switched off
>Nardole covers a little girl's eyes and calms her with his stories of the Madman in a Box, right up until the ship is torn to shreds by the event horizon

Make it happen
>>
>>84532785
I think he's talking about the part where the first cyberman comes out of the lift and they're all firing their lazur beems to kill it
>>
>>84531514

>GOD Tier
Donna
Jack
Muh Clala
Rory
Nardole

>Good Tier
Amy
Martha
Sarah Jane

>Meh Tier
Bill

>Shit tier
Fucking Rose
Fucking Mickey
>>
Good thread guys
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.