[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT movies that are 3/10 and as far away from kino as your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

ITT movies that are 3/10 and as far away from kino as your average capeshit
>>
What does Kino mean?
>>
>>84527226
Gost in the shell?
>>
>>84527266

fuck off reddit newfaggot
>>
cool thread
>>
>>84527535
Kino as a term is still in its newfag stage, it's less than half a year old.
>>
>>84527565
Really? I've lost all sense of time from browsing here for almost 10 years now.
>>
>>84527565
>>84527592
both of you are wrong
>>
File: 142421412.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
142421412.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>84527226
I see you're a contrarian, im a bit of a contrarian myself.
>>
>>84527578
>almost 10 years now.
What went wrong in life?
>>
>>84527226
This. If anyone thinks Arrival is anything but subpar garbage probably voted for Hillary.
>>
Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened
>>
>>84527226
This movie was basically the average "chosen woman" drama but this time with aliens.

Boring crock of shit.
>>
>>84527650
>everyone with an opinion different from my own is a contrarian
>>
I've yet to hear a single buzzword-free valid argument against Arrival except the usual "I DON'T FIND THE WRITTEN NARRATIVE PLAUSIBLE OR REALISTIC THEREFORE THE ENTIRE FILM IS SHIT" or "BORING REDDIT IMDB PLEB SHIT" meaningless comments,
>>
>>84528796
Well although I enjoyed the movie and knew the plot twist, you are totally n point
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.