[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dropped this after S2 when I realized how utterly shit it was.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: sherlock2010_7921.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock2010_7921.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
I dropped this after S2 when I realized how utterly shit it was. Now I hear stuff about Sherlock's secret sister which seems fun. Should I watch S3 + S4?
>>
rewatch house instead
>>
>>84526594
Sherlock is capeshit. It's just that his superpower is autism.

Seriously nothing makes any sense, Sherlock is never in any danger because his hyperintelligence means he can solve any issue regardless of the feasibility of his solution. He's a walking deus ex machina and to make matters worse he's not even particularly likable.

Unless anything's changed (i.e. That hack Moffat has left) I wouldn't go back to it. I jumped ship in season 3 when it turned out Watson's ugly fat wife was also unrealistically hypercompetent (but with added Grrrl powah).
>>
File: Sherlock.png (257KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock.png
257KB, 915x933px
>>84526594
>>
>>84528023
This was made even more clear when Sherlock's sister turned up.
>>
File: Annoyed Glau.png (97KB, 274x263px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Glau.png
97KB, 274x263px
>>84528063
>she "programs" people by interacting with them
>Watson has had her as his fucking shrink, the one you open up to the most, for a considerable time as well as text-cheating with her
>nothing comes of it
>>
>>84526594
>best show on television is years
of course /tv/ hates it
you guys pretend to be all cultured and into "kino" and shit but you run like scared puppies at the first sight of anything or anyone intellectual
>>
>>84528133
>sherlock
>intellectual
It's literally the big bang theory of drama
>>
File: Dem Nipples.jpg (18KB, 133x179px) Image search: [Google]
Dem Nipples.jpg
18KB, 133x179px
>>84528133
You're going to have to be more subtle with your bait, anon.
>>
>>84526594

They're typical Moffat stories.

If you ever got into Doctor Who when you start his episodes at first you really enjoy it. But slowly over time it dawns on you that every episode he touched is pretty much the same. Something happens, nothing can be done and it's the end of the fucking world, some random off the wall shit is pulled out of Doctor Whos ass and the day is saved. It's fine for awhile but eventually it begins to get insulting.

There's sooo much about Sherlock that reminds me about Moffats Doctor Who. The character is nearly a Doctor Who stand-in with Watson as his companion. And it really kills it for me. I want to like it but I can't.
>>
season 3 and 4 are atrocious
>>
Elementary is the superior modern-day-Sherlock show.

And that's a fucking achievement, considering it's an American procedural.
>>
>>84528358
It even has the same thing where every other character treats Sherlock/ the doctor with an incredible amount of reverence. Every time either are off screen all the other characters are standing around asking where they are.

I get that it's a show about a particular person but it plays out like a fucking fanfic.
>>
>>84528133
> intellectual

What like the mind palace? Or the constant gay jokes?
>>
>>84526594
Don't bother. Once Moriarty appears the show goes to shit.
>>
There literally hasn't been a single mystery solved for the last 2 seasons of this """detective""" show
>>
>>84528023
was going to request this, its so spot on
>>
File: despair.jpg (112KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
112KB, 1280x960px
>>84526776
I fucking hate hbomberguy, but his Sherlock review did bring up a good point. There is absolutely no tension in any of the episodes because each one operates under Moffat's style of making a twist, then untwisting it in a cheap ploy to mess with audience expectations. Not to mention the ridiculously cheesy action scenes demolished any possible iota of realism.
Not to mention how fucking annoying Moriarity was. I'm fine with gay villains, but he wasn't even flamboyant, he was just fucking obnoxious.
Worst part is my parents and sister think "it's a smart show for smart people that educates u on crime", but if I showed them>>84528023, they probably would just say I'm ragging on them for no good reason.

Goddamnit, I hate this fucking show.
>>
>>84526594

No.

Secret autism sister was a good idea, if not the oldest trope in existence but they made shite of it. You'll just walk away angrily writing your own fan fiction in your head.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.