[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the worst MCU film. It looks cool and that's all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: stragne.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
stragne.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
This is the worst MCU film. It looks cool and that's all. This series is pretty much a guilty pleasure of mine and I watch it out of habit, and GOTG2 and Strange were the only ones I haven't seen. Went to see Guardians 2 and it was fine, and pirated dr strange

I don't buy this character at all. The pacing is a mess. I just don't understand his motivations for becoming dr. strange and his involvment with magic makes no sense to me. Everything happened too quickly. Also I laughed when I realised that he;s supposed to be a rational scientist, and says "I don't believe in chakras and fairy tales" when there are aliens and Thor running around

what the fuck

Anyone else? Also his powers make no sense either, all of it was poorly thought out
>>
True, I felt like the character didn't earn his powers at all. He is producing magic sparks out of thin air after doing fucking nothing but being accepted into chinky Hogwarts and swirling his hand around, if it's that easy why isn't everyone doing it? They should have put a lot more work into it having to do with him growing as a person and becoming less of a dickhead like how people who believe in magic in real life claim it is, but then I guess they couldn't have him making arrogant quips throughout if he grew spiritually so kept him cocky.

The way magic is depicted is also boring, we only see them making portals, astral projecting, creating energy weapons, warping the environment and controlling time with the gem. He's meant to be becoming the most powerful wizard ever and we only see him doing 3 spells by himself. Should have also put a lot more work into the magic system, explain how he's calling upon different entities from different realms for each kind of spell, and what he has to offer them in return.
>>
i was really surprised how generic it was. you'd think a movie about mysticism and occult shit would be interesting but they handwave it all away and fast forward past him learning anything.
>>
>>84522341
>>84522141
guess how I know it's samefag
>>
>>84522141
It felt like the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Perfunctory to get the origin story out of the way. But I FUCKING LOVED GOTG 2, so I'm hoping that 2 Doctor 2 Strange will up the weird surrealistic psychedelic. I want it to go into nightmarish Horror because that's a genre that Marvel has been shying away from. My biggest disappointment is that Marvel is sticking to the generic comic book hero/villain structure and not doing other genres. How about a Squirrel Girl comedy? A straight up Horror flick?

Anywho, Strange was good but not great!!!FACT!!!
>>
It was an ok movie,I expected something way more deep though but is MCU so I was being naive.

The worst one is clearly Thor the dark world, THAT was shitty as fuck.
>>
File: Ditko Strange.jpg (161KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
Ditko Strange.jpg
161KB, 750x732px
By far the biggest disappointment and missed opportunity of all the MCU movies including Iron Man 2. It should have been more colorful, fantastical and STRANGE than Guardians of the Galaxy but instead it was Inception 2 feat. Dr House. They actually had the nerve to call it "The Fantasia of the MCU" before it came out. When I heard that I actually expected something much more abstract and art-house-ish not a CGI tech demo. I guess I should've known better. Now he's just going to be shoved in with the Avengers and we'll never see what could have been.
>>
>>84522341
yeah exactly what I thought, faggot didn't earn his powers

really poorly written character
>>
File: Phase IV.png (723KB, 1072x603px) Image search: [Google]
Phase IV.png
723KB, 1072x603px
>>84522582
Reading about Edgar Wright's vision of Ant Man makes me think it was more of a missed opportunity. The fact they canned him is probably proof enough that it would have at least been more interesting. He talked about Phase IV and all the influences it would have had. Instead we got Paul Rudd: For Mexicans!
>>
>>84522645

He earned his powers the same as everyone else at the monastery - study and practice. I think it's one of the better origin stories, since instead of having power thrust upon him, he worked hard and studied and persevered. At times he despaired, but when he saw that it could be done, it helped steel his resolve to learn to do it himself.

Anyone that took a difficult major in university could see themselves in Strange.
>>
>>84522795
yeah but his transformation was unconvincing
>>
>>84522795
Were mostly told this, not shown it. There's literally one short training montage and suddenly he's more powerful than everyone else.
>>
>>84522795
Fuck off shill. The movie was shit and his power showcase was poorly handled.
>>
Good Tier
>Winter Solider
>GoTG
>Iron Man

I forget these movies even existed 5 minutes after I left the theater tier
>GoTG2
>Avengers
>Civil War
>Hulk
>The other iron mans
>Dr Strange
>Whatever the other movies are.

Garbage tier
>Thor 2
>Age of Ultron
>>
>>84522141
Thor 2 is the worst.
>>
File: autism.jpg (20KB, 444x130px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
20KB, 444x130px
>>84522412

More than one person wanting to discuss a movie on /tv/ is extremely rare but this is one of those genuine times.

>>84522795
>study and practice

That all took place off-screen. Him being a high IQ surgeon so being able to consume all that new information was a nice angle, but since they DONT SHOW US THAT INFORMATION it doesn't work.
>>
Another TV show film by Kevin Feige hacks. What a piece of shit.
>>
>>84522795
>>84522880
All they had to do was have the movie start in the late 60's or early 70's. It would have brought out a lot more of the psychedelic/occult style of the Strange comics that doesn't fit in the present and we couldve been told/shown through a montage that he trained for 30-50 years and then have the movie take place in the present day. Explain his lack of aging as magic time fuckery. Then he would have worked far harder than any of the other heros for his powers and his ridiculous power gain would have been believable
>>
>>84522898
>GoTG more memorable than GoTG2
Hell no. GoTG ends with a faceless space battle and the heros literally beating a one off bad guy with the power of friendship. GoTG2 actually has a somewhat interesting villain that is built up from the very first scene. A living planet spreading his seed across the galaxy to create someone with the power to help him rule the galaxy and murdering all his children that dont is much more intersting and memorable. Yondu's death is literally the only death in all of the MCU that has ever had any sort of emotional resonance
>>
>>84523413
Ego was a shit poorly written character that contrasts grand immense nigh-unknowable concepts (immortal consciousness that began as a mind whose power and scope eclipses all other life in the universe thus far) with childish generic simplistic execution provided by amateur brainlet writers (acts like a sub-100-iq human, produces nothing of interest beyond some plants, thinks himself above all known life despite their products and knowledge eclipsing his by many orders of magnitude). Actually, he's a great representation of the same problem Dr. Strange had, a massive incredible canvas of ideas drawn on with crayons by some kids.

The potential of things like Dr. Strange or Ego are wasted on the mediocre writers of these films, and the usually mediocre writers of comics in general.
>>
I enjoyed it. but then i am a 420 meme
>>
File: this2.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
this2.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>84522515
>The worst one is clearly Thor the dark world, THAT was shitty as fuck.
>>
>>84522515
I liked Thor 2 for being self awarely dumb.
Shittest for me was Cap1, IM2 and Avangers 2.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.