[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You people thought #gamergate was awful? Just wait till you hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
You people thought #gamergate was awful? Just wait till you hear about #billionairegate
>>
File: 0HpUQes.gif (1MB, 325x225px) Image search: [Google]
0HpUQes.gif
1MB, 325x225px
>wrist tattoos
>>
File: 19fig18.jpg (55KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
19fig18.jpg
55KB, 500x338px
>>84510207

GAWKER DINDU NUFFIN

DEY REAL JOURNALISM
>>
>>84510207

Gawker was cancer and might have gotten off lighter if they hadn't behaved like absolute niggers in court.
>>
>>84510207
Gawker was good boyz just promoting free speach n shit.
>>
>>84510207
>Q. Well, can you imagine a situation where a celebrity sex tape would not be newsworthy?
>A. If they were a child.
>Q. Under what age?
>A. Four.

Gee I wonder why they lost
>>
Journalists do not have to follow the law
>>
>>84510729
what law are you referring to?
>>
>pick fights with every celeb in Hollywood
>refuse court order
>"4 years old is the cut off for our sex tape posts"
>surprised with the verdict

If you play with fire enough eventually you'll get sued for hundreds of millions. Glad they're all out of jobs.
>>
>the problem is that media can be held responsible by private citizens, just look, rich people did it so it's bad! What? No it's not a problem with our justice system requiring vast sums to successfully represent yourself against a corporation doing wrong, it's suppression of free press!!
>>
>>84510207
gaymergate killed this site
>>
If gamer gate did anything of value, it was the time they called Gawkers ad partners during this, and lost them a bunch of money
>>
>>84510794
>gaymergate

If you told me when it was happening that years later liberals still wouldnt be able to type out "gamergate" i would have said you are crazy

Years later and it is still the go to boogeyman
>>
>>84510786
Then why do you guys blame the jews and not the system?
>>
>It's ok for billionaires to silence the press because they are SJWS

Wow, you people are sad.
>>
>>84510862
Ok, goygate.

Do you like it more?
>>
>>84510748
The law of the court
>>
>>84510876
>it's ok for large news organizations to fuck over people who can't afford long legal battles
>>
>>84510207
>a movie defending gawker
haahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>84510891

Still just as funny that it triggers you fucks so bad you have to call it by anything but its actual name

I guess this is what happens when you take pomo seriously
>>
File: 1471915021335.jpg (635KB, 1438x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1471915021335.jpg
635KB, 1438x1968px
I'm amazed the left was willing to defend Gawker considering they forcibly outed a gay man.
>>
>>84510923
Hogan fucked himself over by calling that guy a nigger.
>>
>>84510876
>lose in court
>blame everyone else
lel
>>
>>84510712
underrated
>>
File: 1477251588321-sp.jpg (68KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477251588321-sp.jpg
68KB, 400x300px
>>84510753
They had a chance to take it back and they wouldn't
>>
>>84510939
>they forcibly outed a gay man.

He has the wrong kind of opinions, so it is OK
>>
>>84510876
Stealing sex tapes is 'the press'.

baka

Netflix is so fucking corrupt.

At least Gawker didn't really bother to hide their corruption.
>>
>>84510955
didnt hogan win? and get a lot of money?
>>
>Make racists afraid again humpf
>try to make racist afraid
>get sued and entire company dismantled

pottery
>>
>>84510939
You think the left wing functions on ideology?

Gawker/Netflix are NGO propaganda agencies.
>>
>>84510936
Niggergate it is then.
>>
>>84511059

anything that keeps you from actually typing out gamergate

Its hysterical
>>
Wait, so Hulk Hogan wanted his sex tape taken down, Gawker refused to do so, and then when ordered by a court to do so, they claimed having the sex tape on the internet was "free speech"?

What am I missing here?
>>
>>84511101
That someone else paid for Hogan's legal bills. And because someone else helped defend him that makes him wrong, you're required to fight your own battles.
>>
>>84510207
>out a billionaire as being gay
>post millionaires stolen sex tape
>cry when they team up to buttfuck you

No sympathy.
>>
>>84511101

Peter Thiel bankrolled hogans defense

Thiel is gay but also a libertarian who has said many positive things about trump, even meeting with him multiple times
>>
>>84511101
Stolen sex tape.
>>84511135
Maybe the next time a fake news org like Gawker might want to think twice before publicly outting a billionaire.
>>
>>84511015
He won the legal case against Gawker. Doesn't mean that his personal life and career didn't go down the shitter.
>>
>>84511101
nothin it's just the left being pissy because a right wing guy helped Hogan, if Hogan had gotten the money from GoFundMe it would have never even made the news
>>
If anything this case proved that Gawker are bullies because when Conde Naste told them to take a story down they did it right the fuck away because they knew they couldn't beat them in court. They only fought Hogan because they didn't think he could afford to.
>>
>>84511207
His career. Kek. I'm sure the 9 figure check will help him get over his ruined career as a senior citizen wrestler.
>>
>>84511242
He still made quite a bit from being part of the WWE so getting Benoit'd definitely hurt him a lot.
>>
>>84511207
its not like he was at the peak of his fame

its not the 1990s anymore

also no one even remembers the comment... or the case really
>>
>>84511283
Kek. HH does not give a half a fuck about whatever cash he was drawing from wrestling anymore.
>>
>>84511335
He does care about his name and legacy though. Getting treated the same as a multiple murderer isn't fair.
>>
>>84511362
What? He's a pro wrestler who said 'nigger'. Irl no one gives a fuck. Shitlike that is probably said in wrestling locker rooms everyday.
>>
>>84511362
His name and his legacy are that he won and took down a corrupt evil propaganda conglomerate.

Real American hero desu
>>
>>84511235
he probably wasnt able to. his case was financed by that one guy that gawker outed as gay awhile back
>>
I mean the case is really clear cut
>Gawker gained a significant amount of traffic and attention from the sex tape
>They dont own the sex tape so Hogan sues for the money they owe him for increased traffic
>Hogan has also lost all sponsors and connection to the WWE and is scrubbed from the Hall of Fame
>So Hogan sues for damages as well because these are significant damages
>Hogan also sues for personal suffering which being a human being he did actually endure quite a bit
I see no world where Gawker should not pay out the ass for this. Thiel is only relevant because Hogan could not afford the case himself because a certain website killed every revenue source he had.
The lawyer explains exactly how they won and Gawker fucked up. They fucked up so hard the jury gave them massive money in punitive damages
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/how-hulk-hogan-beat-gawker-880687
>>
>>84511544
Yeah, that's the point. Good job reading.
>>
>>84510207
>Gawker
>free press

Hulkster BTFO'ing them was the best thing that ever happened to that shit rag.
>>
>>84511643
Hogan didn't even go for money in the beginning, all he wanted was just the post and video taken down. He was damn well reasonable.
>>
>>84510207
The good guys won in both
>>
>>84510939
But he was a 1% who didn't donate to their cause
>>
>>84511643
yep

The fact that Netflix made this movie should tell you everything you need to know about Netflix.
>>
>>84510939
Why are they shilling here?
>>
>>84511643
>They fucked up so hard the jury gave them massive money in punitive damages

Its really telling that this point is ignored by the pro-gawker apologist

Punitive damages literally exist to "send a message" when the jury/judge feels like the normal punishment isnt enough
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.