[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching a Dirty Job marathon on discovery channel at the moment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6048.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6048.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
Watching a Dirty Job marathon on discovery channel at the moment. I legit miss this show and wish it was still on. It's just so fascinating. Mike Rowe seems like such a cool guy.
>>
>>84499104
Discovery Channel fucked Dirty Jobs over by trying to shove "scripted reality" elements into the show, Mike Rowe refused and told them to fuck off. Great guy and actually sticks up for blue collar jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-udsIV4Hmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2vxqABvbk
>>
>>84499573
That's awful. Didn't know this. >>84499104
Yes, best show ever. I always watch it when it's on
>>
The episode where he is inspecting the sewers of San Francisco and another one where he is wrangling snakes... .I don't know how people do that.
>>
>>84499104
There is something oddly addicting about this show. Ultimate comfy as well. But yeah just not enough episodes.
>>
Was his work on CNN any good?
>>
>>84499745
You had a great run with Discovery. Why did you leave?
>A couple of things happened. With respect to Dirty Jobs, we did 300 jobs and we shot in all 50 states. We were getting to the point where people wanted the show to get bigger, and honestly, I'm not interested in big shows. I didn't want to do a special episode of Dirty Jobs with Gwyneth Paltrow or John Stamos in the sewer. I just didn't. The show is about anonymous people in towns you've never heard of doing things you didn't know existed. I didn't want that to fundamentally change.

Was Discovery clamoring for that?
>It wasn't just them. It was the industry. And that is the second point. I felt like I was in a place where nonfiction TV doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Unscripted no longer means without a script. I looked at Duck Dynasty and Amish Mafia and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and all the hit shows that were coming out of the nonfiction space — they had writers' rooms. So, between that trend in nonfiction and the fact that I was in season eight of a show that was, frankly, physically killing me, I had what felt like a logical conclusion.
>>
>>84500703
You're uncomfortable with the fact that the reality genre is less real and more scripted.
>That's entirely true and I've never been shy about it. I couldn't sell Dirty Jobs today. In fact, I took Somebody's Gotta Do It all over the place. And people were interested, but the thing I ran into again and again was the same question, 'Well, how is it going to end? How will each segment end?' and that question made it very clear to me that the level of desired certainty in nonfiction programming was fundamentally at odds with the kind of show that I wanted to do. I randomly ran into [CNN president] Jeff Zucker on his first day of work and we had a similar conversation. And he said, 'Well seriously, what do you need?' And I said, 'Honestly, an hour of primetime, some jet fuel and a small crew.' And he laughed and said, 'Well, I can do that.' Right now news has more in common with traditional nonfiction programming than most people who produce nonfiction programming.

So the major difference between your show and what we've seen in the non-fiction area lately is...
>We're deferring to the people we meet and really giving them the lion's share of the time. It's a tricky thing to be a voyeur and a fly on the wall, and at the same time keep the [show] on its feet. But, to me, the way to do that is not to be clever or facile or adroit at production, it's to be unapologetically honest with the viewer.
>>
>>84500700
It's still a comfy and very real show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flR65ERMTyQ
>>
>>84500447
It's on TV right now if you want to watch. He was just at a kangaroo ranch. Standing next to kangaroos mating. The dude just makes me belly laugh so much.

>>84500700
I thought it was.
>>
>>84499104
I love how he always asks the dirty workers if they ever went to college, most of them say yes and they majored in something useless like philosophy.
>>
>>84499104
He's a Manlet. I saw him filming in Charleston, SC and he was like 5'6" at most.
>>
>>84501513
Regardless, The dude makes panties spontaneously combust for some reason.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.