[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he actually enjoy huey lewis and the news or was it one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: huey lewis and the news.jpg (21KB, 220x332px) Image search: [Google]
huey lewis and the news.jpg
21KB, 220x332px
Did he actually enjoy huey lewis and the news or was it one of his struggles to fit in?
>>
He doesn't enjoy or not enjoy anything. Didn't you listen to his spiel at the beginning?
>>
>>84498037
How long do you think he spent rehearsing those music analysis'?
>>
>>84498966
he did enjoy those
>>
File: 1498923966461.jpg (71KB, 476x328px) Image search: [Google]
1498923966461.jpg
71KB, 476x328px
can you guys post some reaction gifs from this movie, thanks
>>
no he didn't. his analysis of huey lewis and phil collins sounds like it came straight from wikipedia.
>>
>>84500776
Wikipedia didn't exist then
>>
He understands that they are good but he doesn't enjoy anything.
>>
File: android.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>84501980
>huey lewis is good
topkek it's literally more shallow than contemporary pop music
>>
>>84502098
It is contemporary pop music.
>>
>>84498037

Probably not, but he enjoyed Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I assume he's a huge slasher fan.
>>
>>84500649
This

>>84498966
Not this.
>>
>>84502098
Hip to be Square proves you wrong
>>
>>84498966
This. He was probably just regurgitating things he heard in reviews.
>>84502098
At least they wrote lyrics about subjects other than sex and drugs.
>>
is bateman degenerate enough to fuck bees?
>>
>>84502331
>At least they wrote lyrics about subjects other than sex and drugs.
I can appreciate this. After I went through my nazi phase I really started hating a lot of music. I had to listen to viking/power metal because the lyrics are usually about strength or odin or some shit other than being about fucking girls and being a degenerate. Even a lot of the wholesome classic rock I used to listen to, it's just song after song about girls. How do normalfags not get tired of that shit? I'm so glad postrock is a thing, the less lyrics the better. Also classical music is always good.
>>
>>84502331
>literally have a song called "I Want a New Drug"
>>
>>84502383
>Bateman
>Batman
Is American psycho even a movie?
>>
>>84502446
>Also classical music is always good.
It's hard to find anything else tolerable
>>
>>84502173

No, he pretends to like Huey Lewis and the News to impress Paul Allen.
>Huey's too black sounding for me
>and though you can sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there
You're a phony faggot

It’s an awkward position for all of us, so this only goes on for maybe two or three minutes, but during this short period Sabrina comes in Christie’s face, while Christie, grinding her cunt hard against my mouth, comes all over mine and I have to steady her thighs and grip them firmly so she won’t break my nose with her humping. I still haven’t come and Sabrina’s doing nothing special to my cock so I pull it out of her mouth and have her sit on it. My cock slides in almost too easily—her cunt is too wet, drenched with her own cunt juice and Christie’s saliva, and there’s no friction—so I take the scarf from around Christie’s neck and pull my cock out of Sabrina’s cunt and, spreading her open, wipe her cunt and my cock off and then try to resume fucking her while I continue to eat out Christie, who I bring to yet another climax within a matter of minutes. The two girls are facing each other—Sabrina’s fucking my cock, Christie’s sitting on my face—and Sabrina leans in to suck and finger Christie’s small, firm, full tits. Then Christie starts…
>>
>>84502569
There is so much skill and effort put into classical music, and often it was literally written for kings or other nobles. A rock song can sound great or an experimental song can really make you think but nothing compares to the mind blowing organization and detail in the classical era orchestra. Do you know of any contemporary composer/orchestra that writes their own music on par with the classics? I've tried to look into it but it's mostly jews doing avent garde stupid shit like playing a violin with their dicks. Or something like a film score which can be good but is usually just too simplified.
>>
>>84502785

>often it was literally written for kings or other nobles

Jesus, you are pathetic
>>
>>84502446
>strength and odin VS girls

gee what a tough decision
>>
File: Sweating.jpg (27KB, 299x296px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating.jpg
27KB, 299x296px
>>84502770
>>
>>84502839
That was a very minor point but it still stands. You listen to music for masses of normalfags or worse, music for niggers.
>>
>>84502785
>>thinking nobles had taste
kek
They're better than dennis the peasant but not by much bro
>>
>>84502919
go back to sucking nigger dick retard
>>
>>84502785
Technically it's better and encompasses a much wider range of musical possibility. Modern music creates a low amplutide feedback loop in humans designed to elicit in them base sexual responses.
>>
>>84502909

t. non-chillean

>You listen to music for

I listen to shit I like because I'M NOT SOME STATUS-OBSESSED FAGGOT WHO'S PARODIED BY THE SUBJECT OF THIS VERY THREAD.
>>
>>84503202
No, no, next time I argue this point I won't mention the king thing I guess since you idiots get so hung up on it. The point is that the level in skill in writing classical orchestra was so much more than a pop song that it's worth listening to just for that alone.
>>
>>84503340
I got what you meant by the king thing Im not sure why so many got so hung up about it. Basically music produced not simply to appeal to the masses but for a somewhat higher level.
I think what really made classical better is the thinking of the artist who made it compared to now. They were extremely competitive and believed in perfection and precision in art was the highest goal of art. Now what is considered art is so abstract and lacking of objective standards the only true goal is popularity, which makes it all general garbage
>>
>>84503340

It still stands that you're a loser for seeing yourself as above "the masses" because you share taste with people from the 16th century who wiped shit with their hands and died of gangrene. You're a snob for seeing yourself among the incestuous ranks of the nobility - wow, big guy you are.
>>
>>84503912

>They were extremely competitive and believed in perfection and precision in art was the highest goal of art. Now what is considered art is so abstract and lacking of objective standards the only true goal is popularity, which makes it all general garbage

Wow, you are a fucking loser; a poser actually. A fucking POSER

You are the quintessential poser, the face of /tv/'s "patricians." How does it feel, homo?
>>
>>84504093
Pretty good actually
>>
>>84502098
The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.
>>
>>84503957
You're so insecure
>>
>>84498037
>side of knife facing away from him shows his refection

kek. How could they fuck up
this bad?
>>
>>84498966

I start by skinning Torri a little, making incisions with a steak knife and ripping bits of flesh from her legs and stomach while she screams in vain, begging for mercy in a high thin voice, and I’m hoping that she realizes her punishment will end up being relatively light compared to what I’ve planned for the other one. I keep spraying Torri with Mace and then I try to cut off her fingers with nail scissors and finally I pour acid onto her belly and genitals, but none of this comes close to killing her, so I resort to stabbing her in the throat and eventually the blade of the knife breaks off in what’s left of her neck, stuck on bone, and I stop. While Tiffany watches, finally I saw the entire head off—torrents of blood splash against the walls, even the ceiling—and holding the head up, like a prize, I take my cock, purple with stiffness, and lowering Torri’s head to my lap I push it into her bloodied mouth and start fucking it, until I come, exploding into it. Afterwards I’m so hard I can even walk around the blood-soaked room carrying the head, which feels warm and weightless, on my dick. This is amusing for a while but I need to rest so I remove the head, placing it in Paul’s oak and teak armoire, and then I’m sitting in a chair, naked, covered with blood, watching HBO on Owen’s TV, drinking a Corona, complaining out loud, wondering why Owen doesn’t have Cinemax.
Later—now—I’m telling Tiffany, “I’ll let you go, shhh…,” and I’m stroking her face, which is slick, owing to tears and Mace, gently, and it burns me that she actually looks up hopefully for a moment before she sees the lit match I’m holding in my hand that I’ve torn from a matchbook I picked up in the bar at Palio’s where I was having drinks with Robert Farrell and Robert Prechter last Friday
>>
>>84502785
>nothing compares to the mind blowing organization and detail in the classical era orchestra
You obviously haven't heard the best of Genesis. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.
>>
>>84504238
He's not the one killing.
We are as a society.
It's a reflection on of modern day
>>
File: 1488148776575.png (58KB, 2760x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488148776575.png
58KB, 2760x2000px
>>84504260
>>
>>84504156
>>84504104

No, I'm just enjoying the irony of you posting in this thread. BEE was gagging you, you pretend to understand his work, and here you are, promoting your manufactured persona in an American Psycho thread. lmao
>>
>>84504358
Yeah of course it all has to do with American Psycho
>>
>>84502785
The best classical music is a little better than any rock or jazz in my opinion, but there not enough of it to spend your whole life listening to. Some rock and jazz is significantly complex without resorting to wankery and in my opinion, the best rock albums are a lot less formulaic than classical music. That said, the vast majority of rock music is extremely formulaic to the point of being mind numbingly boring.
>>
>>84504358
Being an angry impotent person who can only rage at people over petty reasons desperately seeking attention or validation sounds familiar
>>
File: hannibal the comfy.jpg (121KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal the comfy.jpg
121KB, 736x1105px
>>84498037
Did psychopath X actually enjoy Y or was it a Machiavellian ploy?

Questions like that can be asked about every psychopath on and of screen. And have been since forever, it's like asking if god exists.
>>
he actually enjoyed listening to music if the autistic review of his sound system was anything to go by. the reviews and descriptions of other characters' clothing are the best parts of the book. oh, and when he describes his depersonalization after killing rat girl.
>>
>>84504260

Whitney Houston burst onto the music scene in 1985 with her self-titled LP which had four number one hit singles on it, including “The Greatest Love of All,” “You Give Good Love” and “Saving All My Love for You,” plus it won a Grammy Award for best pop vocal performance by a female and two American Music Awards, one for best rhythm and blues single and another for best rhythm and blues video. She was also cited as best new artist of the year by Billboard and by Rolling Stone magazine. With all this hype one might expect the album to be an anticlimactic, lackluster affair, but the surprise is that Whitney Houston (Arista) is one of the warmest, most complex and altogether satisfying rhythm and blues records of the decade and Whitney herself has a voice that defies belief. From the elegant, beautiful photo of her on the cover of the album (in a gown by Giovanne De Maura) and its fairly sexy counterpart on the back (in a bathing suit by Norma Kamali) one knows that this isn’t going to be a blandly professional affair; the record is smooth but intense and Whitney’s voice leaps across “so many boundaries and is so versatile (though she’s mainly a jazz singer) that it’s hard to take in the album on a first listening. But you won’t want to. You’ll want to savor it over many.
>>
>>84504545

Jazz is probably the most abstract music genre out there. It's hard to imagine how the bands even remember the songs because of how erratic many of the songs sound like.
>>
>>84504704
I liked the parts where he acts extremely awkward the best. The movie really underplayed the humor in American Psycho. The scene where he thinks the college girl is homeless and the part where he reads his sex girlfriend the poem are my favorites.
>>
>>84504609

>petty

You people are what's wrong with /tv/. Middlebrows are cancer who ruin the fun for everyone around them, fuck you.
>>
>>84504818

Also the rastafari scene
>>
>>84504742
Yeah it is crazy. Some songs will sound completely different with each listen depending on what part you focus on they are so complex.
>>
>>84500858
>>84500776
In the book he memorizes album reviews from Vanity Fair or some shit.
>>
>>84504704
My favorite part was the chapter where all they do is argue about where to go to dinner over the phone. It was just a nice break from the brutality of his murders and it was really funny.
>Each is constantly drinking and taking more drugs becoming more incoherent
>People are added and dropped from the calls so much they forgot who is even on
>Make reservations you forget
>Cancel reservations you did not make
>Argue so long most restaurants are closed
>Send your fiancee and mistress to the same bar to be bitched at over the phone by both
It was just great
>>
>>84504818
>the super awkward encounter with tom cruise
>the entire "going to a U2 concert" part
>>
>>84498037
>and when I see him approaching, a bald carbon copy of the waitress, I get up and scream, “Fuck yourself you retarded cocksucking kike,” and I run out of the delicatessen and onto the street where this
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>84504875
It is pretty obvious you have never fucked someone
>>
>>84505050

He wanted a milkshake
>>
>>84505009
The U2 concert was hilarious. I completely forgot about that. I also really loved the scenes like the one after he kills the gay guy and his dog where he gets really happy and loses all inhibitions, just runs around with his suit like a cape singing huey lewis and eating cereal from the box.
>>
>>84504992

The only thing I got out of that chapter was how daunting it must've been for Ellis to write all that shit. More so with the Huwey Levis and the news chapter of course, my thought was that Ellis just stole an essay from some insane buddy of his and put it into the novel.
>>
>>84505084

How will I recover?
>>
>>84505131
Doesnt he stuff ham into a guys mouth after stealing it from a store?
Or was that another chapter
>>
>>84505170
You wont
>>
>>84505274

A bj from your mom might help. Afterward you can suck the shit out of my asshole.
>>
To the two Anons arguing: you can agree to disagree. We all have different tastes and opinions. Whatever floats your boat.
Unless you're both just having fun with le bantz, in that case please carry on.

>>84505046
Literally lol
>>
File: CHECK EM.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
CHECK EM.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>84505046
>>
>>84505501
What is this show?
>>
>>84505235

He stuffs stolen ham into his own mouth while sweating profusely on the street after which he vomits it up.
>>
i think the weirdest part in the book is with the kid at the zoo cuz he show signs of genuine remorse or depression about it
>>
>>84505621

He does the opposite actually. What are you testing if people here know about the novel?
>>
>>84505621

Only because he didn't feel anything, and realized he should only kill adults.
>>
>>84505551
Thats it, that whole chapter was great
>>84505621
Hes more disappointed than anything. He did not enjoy it as much. I felt super bad for the mom, it would be the most horrifying thing to take your kid to the zoo for a happy day only to pick his corpse out of a trashcan.
But it was hilarious when he pretended to be a doctor immediately after
>>
Holy fucking shit, people actually talking about American Pyscho and not just memes.
>>
Doubles
>>
>>84506295
>>84506540
Damn
>>
>>84502456
That song is about love.
>>
A lot of the stuff in the book that they could never get away with in the movie is alluded to in Bateman's doodles that the secretary finds.
>>
>>84506295
>>84506614
That's becuase /lit/ and /mu/ fags are infesting the thread.
>>
>>84505621
the weirdest part is the interview of the cheese puff or something he sees on that talk show one morning.
>>
File: 1498793857968.jpg (122KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498793857968.jpg
122KB, 750x1024px
Such a great film. I'm enjoying this discussion immensely
>>
>>84498966
impressive, very nice
>>
Is this an actual film discussion thread, and not a dub thread?
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 236x329px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 236x329px
>actually discussing the movie
>>
File: 1429637678344.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
1429637678344.png
325KB, 560x559px
>>84502770
Are you supposed to write cum as "cum" or "come"?
>>
>>84504704
>that part where he keeps trying to organize everybody over the phone
>>
>>84508693

cum=semen
comes=orgasm
>>
File: Liandra-Dahl.png (254KB, 636x347px) Image search: [Google]
Liandra-Dahl.png
254KB, 636x347px
>>84508477
>>84508625
>>84508693
>>84507451

No it's actually a music and a book thread, disguised as a film thread.
>>
File: 0000000000000 ANIMATION.gif (584KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000 ANIMATION.gif
584KB, 480x360px
>>84505535
Wander Over yonder. I'd highly recommend it.
>>
File: ad_122628193-e1386841995279.jpg (97KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
ad_122628193-e1386841995279.jpg
97KB, 1000x690px
>>84498037
>>84500649
>>84504258

>huey lewis and the news
>good
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.