[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are most Star Wars fans so retarded? Fans kicking and screaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 13

File: dickhead.jpg (46KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
dickhead.jpg
46KB, 960x600px
Why are most Star Wars fans so retarded? Fans kicking and screaming when shittiest actor ever Anthony Ingruber wasn't cast as Han Solo because of a passing resemblance to Harrison Ford, actually liking the prequels, thinking Rogue One is good. What is wrong with people?
>>
Star wars is dead

The guy who owned it did the right thing by not producing any more movies

Now we have Normie's saying omg star wars is so COOL.
No its not
Back in the day YES
Just a new generation of Harry Potter fags
>>
File: JUST.jpg (142KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
142KB, 612x380px
>>
Most Star Wars fans still shit on the prequels what the fuck are you talking about.

Phantom Menace is a better movie than Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>84494761
Nah, if so then the prequel defenders are the vocal minority. I've seen almost nothing but love and people defending the prequels lately. Probably because the kids who grew up with the are now old enough to use the internet and it's their turn to be blinded by nostaliga, the very thing they accuse fans of the originals as being.
>>
>>84494724
The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie since Empire though. The Last Jedi is probably going to be even better.
>>
>>84494850
You...must not browse any community that considers themselves a Star Wars community. Which I shouldn't expect you to, but still. There's already backlash against Rogue One and The Force Awakens and the crop of youtube channels about SW that popped up about last year are all filled with comments that take shots at the prequels.
>>
>>84494916
Nah, I don't see that much anymore. Hence, this thread. I've seen overwhelming support for the prequels and hate for The Force Awakens, Youtube comments especially. "Anthony Ingruber should have been cast as Han Solo" is definitely the most frequent (and retarded) comments though.
>>
>>84494724
>Star wars is dead

The guy who owned it did the right thing by not producing any more movies

You SURE???????
>>
>>84494761
>Phantom Menace is a better movie than Attack of the Clones.

No shit sherlock......

You just figured it out???????????
>>
>>84494724
Star Wars has always been a normie franchise, dick.
>>
>>84494181
Lucas made it for kids. It naturally attracts manchildren.

>>84494761
Phantom Menace is a better movie than the other two prequels. AotC is bottom of the barrel, it's ridiculously bad.
>>
>>84495031
>I've seen overwhelming support for the prequels and hate for The Force Awakens,
Well, maybe that's because the force awakens is shit, a worse kind of shit than the prequels. At least the prequels tried to be original and creative, adding new ideas to the franchise. TFA is just a rehashed modern propaganda merchandising movie.
>>
>>84495645
You are retarded. ROTS is definitely better than TPM. The correct ranking is as follows:

4>5>3>6>1>7>2
>>
The hate the prequels got when they were released was a bit extreme. Yes the OT is by far superior, but there are some things the prequel triliogy has going for it. Things that are honestly better than the OT. Things such as the music. It is far better in the Prequels. Williams was fucking killing it. The lightsaber duels were also far better than anything the OT had to offer in that regard. Really just the displays of the force in general are better. Lastly one could argue that the general backstory and premise of the prequels have the potential for a far greater story than the OT. The issue is that Lucas is a fucking hack when it comes to writing, so that potential is wasted.

The issue with TFA is that it has absolutely nothing going for it. It is literally just a shitty rehash of ANH.
>>
>>84496186
The Phantom Menace better than The Force Awakens?? What? 4, 5, 6 and 7 are all superior to the prequels
>>
>>84496422
The lightsaber fights aren't better since they have absolutely nothing going on other than guys swinging lightsabers at each other. Terribly unexiting. The amount of spins and twirls is the least important thing in a movie fight. TFA got it right, and so did the originals.

TFA had nothing going on for it? It was back to being what Star Wars was originally about, a fun adventure movie with fun likable characters. The movie was fun and exciting and so were tha characters.
>>
>>84495653
>Star Wars is propaganda

Uh, right... Lmao.
>>
*I like the prequels because they were entertaining when I was a kid
*I didn't like Rogue One
*I couldn't care less about the Han Solo movie
>>
>>84496793
You are kidding right? They are fucking space wizard. Their fights should be a little bit more flashy than two decrepit old men swinging sticks at each other.

And no. It wasn't about "being what star wars was originally about" it literally just followed the same general premise of ANH
>>
Star Wars is garbage.
Stargate is better.
>>
>>84497057
I said the flashiness is the least important. The characters, their motivation and the audience's emotional investment is the CORE of movie fights. The prequels had NOTHING of that. Boooring.

Star Wars was a fun adventure movie with fun characters. The Force Awakens was a fun adventure movie with fun characters. How is that not Star Wars?
>>
>>84497243
Because m-muh MaRey Sue. It always comes back to that no matter how they try to deny it. TFA wouldn't get nearly as much hate if the protagonist had been male.

You'll get a million responses complaining when you say this but that's the thing that causes the most consistent anger on this board. If Rey was male, more people would wave off TFA as an eh rehash or just alright. She causes the real fury.
>>
>>84496186
RotS is a retarded rape of the original trilogy and painful edgy fanfiction tier of writing drowning in awful drama.

>4 above 5
>3 above anything from the OT
Dear sir, I'm sorry to tell you that you do suffer from a severe case of shit taste.

>2 at the bottom
At least you got that one right.
>>
>>84496422
>The lightsaber duels were also far better than anything the OT had to offer

It only felt that way in TPM though, AotC and RotS had much weaker choregraphy that could be summed up was flailing around very fast.
>>
>>84497243
What are you talking about? How donthe OT fights have more motivation and emotion behind them than the prequels? I definitely don't understand how you can say TFA do.

Also your whole "TFA is a return to star wars form" argument is weak as fuck. Never said TFA wasn't star wars. But guess what. The prequels are Star Wars too.

Seems like you are really grasping for straws here..

>>84497970
Fuck off faggot. Stop implying. I never even mentioned Rey.
>>
>>84496698
Yes TPM is superior to TFA. Not even arguable. TFA is a fucking rip off of ANH. TPM wasn't good but at least it was original.

>>84498431
>rape of the originals

What are you even talking about retard?

>4 above 5

Umm yeah? It's the better fucking movie and what started it all.

>3 above 6

Jesus fucking christ. Take off the nostalgia goggles fuck tard. 6 was bad.
>>
>>84498891
OT had master vs apprentice, boy vs the monster who killed is father who turns out to be his father, boy vs father whom he's trying to turn from darkness.

PT had bland good guys vs flat bad guy who are fighting because one is bad and one is good for the first two movies, nothing at ALL going on except the fact that they were fighting. Boooring. Episode 3 had more going on but it's really diluted considering the excessive lenght over the top cherography and setpieces and the fact that the characters suck.

The prequels tried to be some sort of wanna be edgy polticial whatever, ended up as complete nonsense.

>>84499034
So, TPM is a horrible movie, yet it's a better movie than TFA because it was original? That is retarded reasoning. TFA was well made, fun and exciting. TPM was none of those things. The originality is irrelevant.
>>
>>84494761
Clones is easily better. TPM has no plot. Detective Obiwan is the only thing that makes the prequels worthwhile.
>>
>>84499248
Prequels had the same Master V. Apprentice fight retard. Not to mention them also being best friends was more prevalent.

I think you listed like what? Every single lightsaber duel in the OT? The prequels obviously had way more, so some are bound to not be as "emotionally" invested. But there are easily just as many that do have as much motivation/emotions as the OT.

Regardless you are arguing one single point of my original post. The prequels had stuff going for them. Stuff that TFA did not have.
>>
>>84499646
Oh sorry, forgot the mention the amazing and emotional Obi-Wan vs Grievous fight. Seriously? I brought up the MAIN fights of the saga. Are you even reading what I'm writing? I clearly separated Episode 3 from the other ones, retard. You didn't bring up any other points than that so try again.
>>
>>84499283
>Clones is easily better
With mild to heavy retardation, probably.

>TPM has no plot
This is either retardation or massive ADHD.

>Detective Obiwan is the only thing that makes the prequels worthwhile
Artistic direction and the score are the only good things about the prequel trilogy.
>>
Other than "originality", name one thing the prequels had that TFA didn't.
>>
>>84499911
a discussion on the merits of sand
>>
>>84499034
>It's the better fucking movie and what started it all
>he actually believes that sequels can't top the original
Anyway, it's a known fact that ESB is the peak of the franchise.

>6 was bad
>still having the balls to put the abomination that is 3 above
Just stop embarassing yourself any longer and go to bed already Bizarro.
>>
>>84499911
Obi Wan. Sheev. A good fucking score.
>>
>>84500101
TFA didn't have characters who died decades before it takes place? Shocker.
>>
>>84500157
Exactly, TFA didn't have worthwhile characters at all.

Did TFA have anything at all to begin with?
>>
>>84499911
A fucking bomb ass score better than even the OT.
>>
>>84500242
TFA didn't have the strongest characters, but Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell. Han is awesome. The prequels had characters that were flat and one-dimensional AND bland AND flat AND unlikable AND had zero charisma AND didn't act like humans. Bad combo.

>>84500306
Which has absolutely nothing to do with how good the movies themselves are. Good job proving my point at least.
>>
>>84500414
>Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell
You're mistaking charismatic with mematic.

>Han is awesome
Harrison "kill my character already" Ford was so fucking tired.

> a score has nothing to do with a movie
You really need to tone down the autism.
>>
>>84500621
>You're mistaking charismatic with mematic.

No, charismatic is definitely the word I was looking for.

>Harrison "kill my character already" Ford was so fucking tired.

Seriously? Harrison was more fun than he has been in years. Han hasn't been this good since Empire, either.

>>84500621
>> a score has nothing to do with a movie
>You really need to tone down the autism.

And you need to learn how to quote. That's not what I said, retard.
>>
>>84500756
>Seriously? Harrison was more fun than he has been in years. Han hasn't been this good since Empire, either.

My god, if you're not getting paid by the mouse then you're a literal, honest to god downie. He did nothing but grumble his lines out while giving the least effort possible. He said himself he only did the movie if they killed Han. His entire performance can be summed up as "I'm just here for my paycheck." John's performance was wasted on a shell of a character and godawful script, and Rey beginning to end was irritating.

End yourself.
>>
>>84501708
Compare Harrison in this movie to his performance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Huge difference. Here, he actually does seem interested. He grumbles because he's old dumbass, listen to him in interviews. Captured the same Han from the originals, just more weary one. And unlike ROTJ, he actually affected the plot.

Finn the runawy Stormtrooper who decides to stand up and fight against the very people who robbed him of his family and childhood is a shell of a character? And you're comparing this to the prequels? Jesus. Good thing you're writing all this down, wouldn't be able to hear what you were saying with George's dick in your mouth.
>>
>>84494755
god he looks dead inside
>>
>>84494755
>it's so dense
>>
>>84499865
How can you be this retarded?

>Obi-Wan v. The person who killed his master
>Yoda v. The guy who brought about the destruction of his order and the death of his associates
>The aforementioned battle between Master and Apprentice

Battles with just as much emotion or motivation as the OT.

Also can you not read? Short term memory? Let me help. Here is the original post:>>84496422
>>
>>84496793
>The lightsaber fights aren't better since they have absolutely nothing going on other than guys swinging lightsabers at each other
The Maul v Obi wan/Qui Gon fight is absolute kino
>>
>>84502904
Are you retarded? You ignored what I said for the second time. Seriously? I clarified both times that the fights in Episode 3 had more going on, and you just straight up ignored it. Twice.

Either way, those fights aren't even slightly emotional. Overly choregraphed. Their emotions aren't shown through the choreography like it should. No stakes. No tension. When the characters are flat, uninteresting and the movie hasn't given you any reason to care about them, you can't just force emotion into the fight by saying that, "oh, he killed his master, NOW CARE!!!"
>>
>>84497181
Spotted the virgin
>>
>>84497181

You're a special kind of faggot, aren't you?
>>
>>84494181
Holy shit you sound like a full on disneyshill.
>>
>>84503689
Seriously? How?
>>
>>84494915
>the force awakens is good
when will this meme end?
>>
>>84500414
>Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell
Jay is that you?
>>
File: ad_202427274.jpg (23KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
ad_202427274.jpg
23KB, 620x413px
Oldfag here

I'm glad Millennials hate the Disney version of Star Wars

Now you know how we felt when the fucking Prequels were shat into being and you squeakers were calling it the Greatest

Enjoy your turn in purgatory and remember
Star Wars is for kids, not for you
it's their turn to enjoy it
>>
>>84503808
When will the meme that original = good and unoriginal = bad end?
>>
Star Wars died the moment George sold it. TFA Is pandering unoriginal feminist crap. actually pretty much everything since then star wars related has been diverse feminist garbage.

say what you want about George but he knew when to keep agendas out of star wars. and at least he had an original idea in his head. unlike a new hope 2.0
fuck anyone who defends the soulless product that is modern nu-star wars.
>>
>>84503953
Millennials dont hate disney's films. They love them and think JJ saved Star Wars.
>>
>>84504090
yeah 'cause corporations = baaaad. tfa had an agenda? what was that agenda?
>>
>>84503967
nothing wrong with being unoriginal if inspiration drives you to create something even better.

but it wasn't better, not even close. and it didn't even try to be. it tried to be as safe as possible while adding in some old references. and pandering to as many people as possible to maximize profits. horrible flick and is everything wrong with modern film.
>>
>>84504102
This unfortunately.

crazy to see people celebrating the death of star wars without even realizing it.
>>
>>84504210
It had all the heart and soul modern blockbusters don't have.
>>
File: no leo.png (109KB, 246x220px) Image search: [Google]
no leo.png
109KB, 246x220px
>>84504293
how TFA was a death of star wars

it was the fucking prequels almost killed star wars forever
>>
>>84494181
>actually liking the prequels
The prequels were great, unlike the kikery that Disney is producing now.
>>
star wars: no white males allowed
>>
>>84504090
>he knew when to keep agendas out of star wars. and at least he had an original idea in his head

like having the jedis do the exact same things and look the exact same way they did in the original trilogy
or having the "secret WMDs" plot to get more power for the tyrant who totally isn't Dubya
>>
>>84504320
please be bait
>>
>>84504452
You know it's true.
>>
>>84503953
Millennials are oldfags, nigguh
>>
>>84504389
Not falling for that bait.
>>
The only thing the Sequel Trilogy has going for it is Mark, Harrison and Carrie.

Harrison's character was killed off.
Carrie drug overdosed
Mark takes every opportunity to mock the sequels.

The new characters have not taken off: Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Phasma, Hux, and Snoke.

Finn is comic relief who was once a Sanitation Trooper.

Phasma was made to site down like a bitch then thrown into the garbage after being played up as strong female warrior.

Contrast with the new introduced characters of the Prequel Trilogy,. Then contrast Rebels with The Clone Wars animated series.
>>
>TFA = female main character
>Rogue One = female main character
>Battlefront 2 = female main character
>Last Jedi = female main character
>Forces of Destiny = female only focused show
>Episode IX = female main character
>Not one new white male character in a lead role since disney takeover

YAAASS SLAY DISNEY! TAKE MY MONEY! FUCK WHITE MALES
>>
>>84504583
Rey, Finn and Kylo have all been insanely popular. But I guessed you missed that.
>>
>>84504614
>Episode 1 = White male lead
>Episode 2 = White male lead
>Clone Wars = White male lead
>Episode 3 = White male lead
>Episode 4 = White male lead
>Episode 5 = White male lead
>Episode 6 = White male lead
>The Force Unleashed = White male lead

>Disney wants to change it up =

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE WHITE MALES FEMINIST PROPAGANDA REEEEEEEE

(Ezra? Who is she?)
>>
>>84504635
you're joking right? do disneycucks actually believe this?
>>
>>84504814
>change it up
you mean pander to feminists disneyshill?
>>
>>84504838
Have you seen the merchandising sales of toys and shit of them?
>>
>>84504838
??Yeah, how could I possibly believe they were popular when the toys sold waay more than expected resulting in Rey toys being pretty much unavailable, or when Episode 8 was delayed to December so Rian could fix up the script to focus more on the new characters after their unexpected popularity? Must be crazy.

>>84504872
No, you insecure little twat. Is any movie without a white male lead automatically feminist propaganda? If you actually believe that, then you need help.
>>
>>84505007
holy shit disneyshills truly are pathetic
>>
>>84505074
You're not even trying anymore. You are so insecure.
>>
>>84503386
>>84503652
What's wrong with being a virgin?
>>
>>84494850
>Nah, if so then the prequel defenders are the vocal minority

Prequel defenders only exist here, and only exist as a backlash against the "normies" that jumped on the SW bandwagon after TFA. The amount of mental gymnastics required to fool oneself into liking the prequels is quite astonishing, even when taking into account the fact this place is contrarian central.
>>
File: 1416926705044.jpg (5KB, 244x250px) Image search: [Google]
1416926705044.jpg
5KB, 244x250px
>>84504532
>implying george lucas isnt lightyears ahead of jew jew abrams
>>
>>84505007
>Rey toys being pretty much unavailable

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/01/25/excluding-rey-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-toys-is-really-dumb/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2016/01/12/after-outcry-disney-launches-new-rey-toys-for-star-wars-fans/
>>
>>84505337
In every way possible, yeah.
>>
>>84505311
>The amount of mental gymnastics required to fool oneself into liking the prequels is quite astonishing
Darth Maul and the clones are cooler than anything from the OT. Damn, that was some convoluted reasoning.
>>
>>84505417
i bet people wanted rey toys because she was such an unpopular character

>>84505434
Cool factor doesn't make a movie good, retard
>>
>>84494755

Everywhere is Disneyland. Baudrillard was right about everything!
>>
>>84505476
>those flying goalposts
>>
>>84503246
Ignored fucking what you retard? You trying to create stupid fucking rules on which prequel fights can be included? Fuck off. You claimed that fights in the prequels had no motivation/emotion behind them. I said otherwise. You ignored every other point in the original post.

>no reason to care about them

What the fuck are you on about? Qui-Gon was one of the favorite characters in all the prequels..
>>
>>84505519
no, point was that rey is a popular character. point proven either way.
>>
>>84505476
im actually convinced there are disneyshills here. no one would come here and try this hard to prove nu-wars is good for free.
>>
The fact that they make up their own stories to fill in plot holes in Nu-Star Wars is hilarious
>>
>>84505589
>Ignored fucking what you retard? You trying to create stupid fucking rules on which prequel fights can be included?

Seriously? One movie had fights with """emotional depth""" means that the rest of fights can't be criticized? Genius, mate.

>What the fuck are you on about? Qui-Gon was one of the favorite characters in all the prequels..

Lmao.
>>
>>84505745
>one movie

Literally named 2 movies. When did I say they couldn't? I literally said that there are more fights in the prequels so naturally some won't have the emotional depth to them. You claimed there weren't any.

Also are you implying he wasnt? I don't understand.
>>
>>84506006
I find it funny that static and boring Qui-Gon is your favorite character from the prequels. But then again, there's next to nothing to choose from, so... fair enough I guess.
>>
>>84494181
Star Wars was made for children period.
>>
>>84506129
Yeah, but movies for children can still be good, it's not an excuse to be shitty. The good ones are still enjoyable for the whole family. I don't see how senate meetings, child murdering, spousal abuse and people burning alive have any place in a movie made for children though, but whatever...
>>
>>84505637
I don't think the new ones are great, but they're miles better than the prequels

>>84505434
I liked Maul, I'll give you that. It's just that the story, dialogue, and acting were so terrible that they just can't be redeemed by cool characters or original ideas
>>
>>84506253
This was George Lucas trying to make the movies "grow up"but the people who did grow up watching the lighter star wars wouldn't stand for it, and only wanted more of the same. That's not to say the prequels couldnt have been done better.
>>84506080
Qui-gon jinn is one of the more nuanced characters, a member of the jedi council that didn't care to always follow the jedi rules
>>
i like revenge of the sith more than the force awakens.
>>
File: Fishing pole bait.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing pole bait.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>84494181
>>
>>84494850

Somebody post the youtube of the teen hottie freaking out at home watching ep III and finding out Anakin becomes Darth Vader.
>>
OT > Prequels >>>>>Christmas special >>>>shit >>> nuwars

>1. ESB
>2.New Hope
>3. ROTS

These are the patrician choices. If you don't agree, it probably means you have shit taste and should hang yourself.
>>
>>84507502
Episode 3 isn't better than other prequels just because of "cool" action
>>
>>84507636
No, it had a better contained story which made ep 1-2 worth it. The tragedy went full circle, and blessed us with some of the best moments and soundtracks in not only the series, but of all time.
>>
>>84507718
Yeah, no. It still suffers from the same problems. Writing, directing, acting, characters, all baaad. The main character failed completely. It's weird, because the prequel universe and the OT universe are completely different, yet in a single day everything is forced into fitting into the OT.
>>
>>84507835
>Writing
There wasn't any problems with the writing, at least not to the level of ep 1

>directing
Aside from a few obvious scene, I don't see it

>acting
Everyone besides maybe Anakin were decent and did their job. You have to remember that Hayden was intentionally playing an awkward angry teenager type character.

>characters, all baaad.
I don't agree

>It's weird, because the prequel universe and the OT universe are completely different
No shit. It was suppose to show you that "things were different" before the empire took a shit on the galaxy.
>>
>why are adult fans of children's movies dumb
really makes me think
>>
>>84508472
>It was suppose to show you that "things were different" before the empire took a shit on the galaxy
It always bothered me when people complained that the tech was too clean and nice looking in the prequels compared to the OT. Like, no shit, thats the point, the empire fucked it up
>>
prequels > the rest of the shit. anakins story arc is pure kino
>>
>>84508472
>Everyone besides maybe Anakin were decent and did their job. You have to remember that Hayden was intentionally playing an awkward angry teenager type character.

Yeah, he's not even acting close to a young Vader. Vader never whined. Character development sure, but they never fucking showed that. He completely changed his personality between 3 and 4.

>No shit. It was suppose to show you that "things were different" before the empire took a shit on the galaxy.

Yeah, but it doesn't feel like it's set in the same universe is what I mean. Not like the same universe but different. Episode 3 especially, with reintroducing OT elements, just made it feel like an alternate universe.

Also, what I meant is that Lucas wrote himself into a corner by not starting the transition to the OT sooner. In literally one day of movie time, everything is changed to fit the OT. In one day:
>The Empire is created
>The Jedi are hunted down and destroyed
>Anakin became evil
>Anakin was put in the suit
>Palpatine became deformed
>Obi-Wan went to Tatooine
>Yoda went to Dagobah
>Luke and Leia are born
>Luke and Leia's mother dies
>The Death Star begins construction
>R2 and 3PO gets assigned to the Tantive

And so on...

Instead of, I don't know, spreading the story out through the trilogy, it all happened at once. Now that's lazy writing. Fuck creativity, embrace convenience.

>>84508782
>anakins story arc is pure kino
Except it got Vader completely wrong. Vader wasn't psychotic like that. Vader didn't scream and yell and throw tantrums when he was angry, he was cold and calculating.
>>
>>84508758
>It always bothered me when people complained that the tech was too clean and nice looking in the prequels compared to the OT. Like, no shit, thats the point, the empire fucked it up
This. Lucas was ahead of our time. Years from now people will learn the kino what was the prequel and OT.
>>
>>84506080
You are such a fucking retard. Holy shit. When did I even say he was my favorite character?

Nice simplification of him btw. Kinda like static boring OT kenobi.
>>
>>84494915
that shit is a lame rehash of New Hope with a Mary Sue character. Get out
>>
>>84496793
but Jew Jew Abrams and Disney couldn't bother to come up with an original plot

Force Awakens sucks
>>
>>84508963
>Yeah, he's not even acting close to a young Vader. Vader never whined.
He threw a fucking fit everytime shit didn't go his way in ANH. Even killing people that failed their job.

>Anakin became evil
Anakin always was evil, he genocides a whole group of sand people in ep2 and was always painted to be brash and a loose canon. He just snapped in ep3.

>Anakin was put in the suit
>Palpatine became deformed
>Obi-Wan went to Tatooine
>Yoda went to Dagobah
>Luke and Leia are born
>Luke and Leia's mother dies
>The Death Star begins construction
>R2 and 3PO gets assigned to the Tantive
Although these obviously happened in the span of years, I see what you mean. Lucas just squashed everything together.
>>
>>84497970
no you faggot she is badly written and in that case her gender doesnt matter
>>
File: bait.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>84494915
>The Force Awakens
>best Star Wars
>>
You are all cucklords I swear.
>>
File: 17773637.jpg (22KB, 384x261px) Image search: [Google]
17773637.jpg
22KB, 384x261px
>>84505145
thats why they sell Finn and Rey together because they are so popular
>>
>>84501997
>Leia hugged Rey when she found out Han died
>ignored Chewie
WHAT THE FUCK
>Finn was a janitor assigned to kill people
WTF
>Silver storm trooper rolls over like a turd
so bad ass
>Rey looks like a cyborg trying to mimic human emotion
great acting
>>
>>84509200
Phantom menace should've started out with a teenaged Anakin instead of boy wonder. There's zero connection between Annie & all grown up emo Skywalker. Pretty sure George did it for the kids so all those 8 year olds could envision themselves in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>84509538
>kid envisions himself as young Anakin
>Watches his self insert grow up to slaughter children and choke his wife to death

What did Lucas mean by this?
>>
Are these new Star Wars even worth watching? Im not a huge fan of the prequels either.
>>
>>84509831
the force awakens is boring and unoriginal
rogue one is better but not by much
>>
>>84509831
Yeah. Best Star Wars yet desu.
>>
>>84509831
Definitely

They got rid of the delusional old man George. we now have strong female characters and a really cool black guy. i mean it is the future in space so of course there's not gonna be many white males left. it feels great to be a star wars fan again.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5KB, 480x360px
>>84510054
>i mean it is the future in space
>>
>>84509861
This.

All the alt right assholes on here are insecure. but i really like the path kathleen kennedy has taken the franchise. we already have enough white dude leads anyway it's boring.
>>
>>84509429
A soldier being getting sanitorial duties on one of their bases doesn't make them a janitor nor does it mean they're not a soldier.
>>
>>84509238
Dumb fucks on here can't even read.
>>
>>84510251
Yep.

I don't even care about the white male thing. I'm just happy that we finally have a new Star Wars with good acting and good plot. I mean I was getting kind of tired of Lucas recycling stuff in his prequels. All the convenient connections to stuff in the OT. But Abrams & co really stepped it up. They really put their heart into the writing. No more convenient connections. No more retreads. The era of originality has finally begun. Star Wars is finally good again. I'm so happy Kathleen is in charge.
>>
>>84509859
TFA is boring compared to RO?? Rogue One is the epitome of boooooring. Boring plot that you don't care about, boring characters that you don't care about. "BUT THAT ACTION THOUGH" give me a break
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>84507502
>3. ROTS
>>
>>84509831
Fuck no. People here are just memeing you to watch it. It you disliked the prequels, you'll sure as shit hate the sequels.
>>
>>84510384
Excuse me. Military sanitation specialist. Kills germs and people.
>>
>>84510500
There is only one sequel. And it's not even close to being as bad as the prequels. Completely different from them too.

>>84510525
I guess a soldier scrubbing toilets is utterly unheard of to you.
>>
File: go back___reddit.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
go back___reddit.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>84510251
>>84510427
>>84510054
>>84509861
>>
>>84510567
nuwars 7 was a fucking unoriginal rehash with forgettable characters and a mary sue main. It can't even tie the prequels shoe laces. metaphorically speaking.
>>
>>84510586
>reee if you like something i dislike you're a shill!
am i the only one who is happy we have Kathleen as president? She knows exactly what to do, she has a clear direction for the franchise, a direction which I am fully behind. In her hands the universe is flourishing.
Thank to her and to the fans for forcing George into selling you've saved the franchise that delusional old man almost destroyed. it feels great to be a star wars fan again
>>
^
At least you tried. No (you)'s for you
>>
>>84510645
Yeah, because the prequels definitely had memorable characters such as.. Qui-Gon Jinn.. and.. Jar Jar..? Nah I'm at a loss here.
>>
>>84510567
Naw dawg, Finn was horribly underdeveloped. You claim he's a soldier. How long has he been serving? He cared a lot about his buddy that died when we the audience never got to know more about that relationship earlier. I wonder how close was he to everyone else? Hard to say because the audience doesn't know jack about his background. But it would be kinda strange for him to flip on his military buds so easily. The way it all panned out seemed rushed, half baked and very 2 dimensional. Finn also seemed more cowardly than conflicted.
>>
>>84510741
>Implying sequel trash was any more memorable
>Implying sequel trash doesn't leach off of nostalgia to bait numales and sw autists who want more le force XDD and luke
>>
>>84510586
take a closer look at >>84510427
seems pretty sarcastic m8
>>
>>84510741
>picks the 2 worst characters to attempt to prove his point
smells like disneyshill in here
>>
>>84510749
>
He wasn't conflicted. He knew that the FO were assholes and wanted to get as far away from them as he could. He started out pretty cowardly, but the third act has him literally going out of his way into the belly of the beast for selfless reasons. You know, character development...

>>84510799
Yeah, we sure got a lot of Luke in TFA.

>>84510829
Prequel characters were all shit, makes no difference.
>>
>>84510873
>Yeah, we sure got a lot of Luke in TFA.
Replace Luke with Han and read again.
>>
>>84510873
so are the sequel characters.

rey is a badly acted mary sue
finn pointless comic relief character to pander to blacks
kylo finn badly acted terrible villain

not one character so far is done as well as sheev or obi-wan
>>
Daily reminder that if you like the Disney-era movies, you're a shabbos goy and have no taste in film.
>>
>>84510873
>he wasn't conflicted
That's my point for why Finn is a shit character. Holy shit dude. Soldiers spend months or even years together in bumfuck wherever training and fighting together. I feel like he'd have other friendships with people serving and would probably feel conflicted flipping sides and fighting them but who am I kidding the entire plot and characterizations for TFA is a jumblefuck of mematic Saturday cartoon writing. My first mistake was to expect new Star Wars stories to have a little more effort put into them.
>>
>>84510910
The guy they killed off in his first reappearance? Yeah...

>>84510972
Finn kicked up the entire adventure. Without him, Poe would have been killed, the FO would have gotten the droid and Luke's planet would have been blown up. Yeah, hardly a pointless character. Adam Driver is a fucking excellent actor, so you're full of shit mate.

Sheev was a fucking Scooby Doo villain but he's hilarious so I'll give you a point for that. Obi-Wan wasn't even developed throughout the entire trilogy. What was his arc in the trilogy?
>>
I used to be autistic about star wars, wasted far too much money on worthless shit growing up, sincerely thinking it was the best cinema ever created and anything associated with it was inherently great. When you come to realisation they're just well made family blockbusters you'll be much happier
>>
>>84511109
This must be a fucking disneyshill or some expertly crafted bait.
>>
>>84494181
most of them seem pretty autistic about it. i like the movies, but they are nothing groundbreaking and vast.
>>
>>84511168
Try and explain how I'm wrong. Bet you can't nigga.
>>
>>84511157
Definitely.
I was on that kiddie SW hype train throughout my childhood. But they're really just fun blockbuster entertainment. The old stuff anyway. Disney will milk this cow until there's pus and blood in the cream. Haven't watched Rogue One and I probably won't see SW8 in theaters.
>>
>>84511168
most likely
>>
>>84511157
Which is why the prequels are so bad. They just take themselves way too seriously. It's supposed to be a adventure movie for all ages, not a poltical drama or a character study of a man with borderline personality disorder. Oh George.
>>
>>84511222
Finn while doing helpful things is just an awful character. he is the token black guy comic relief and adam driver was IM ACTING for the entire movie.

And if you cant see the difference between Obi-Wan in ep1 compared to ep3 there is no hope for you.
>>
>>84511325
It's the other way around. the sequels have killed star wars.
>>
>>84511405
>And if you cant see the difference between Obi-Wan in ep1 compared to ep3 there is no hope for you.

No really, tell me what is arc was. Character development isn't supposed to happen off-screen, between the movies. We're supposed to see that yaknow.

>>84511469
The prequels absolutely destroyed the Star Wars, but I guess you weren't around to witness that. Disney gave Star Wars a chance of redemption. If it was all worth it, we have yet to see. Rebels is shit. Rogue One is shit. Han Solo movie is having major problems. TFA was better, but not a great track record. Pretty sure TLJ will give most people faith in Disney.
>>
>>84511157
Same. Adulthood is realizing SWs is just some above average flicks and moving on to some film and kino
>>
>>84511582
>Character development isn't supposed to happen off-screen, between the movies. We're supposed to see that yaknow.
Huh... kinda reminds me of... A TURD AWAKENS
Maybe we'll finally see some character development from Rey in SW8
>>
>>84511849
She did go from wasting her life away waiting for something that she knows is never gonna happen, denying her calling to become part of something bigger, to ultimately accepting that she needs to embrace her future as a Jedi and let go of her false hopes of her family returning... Not massive, but it's there.

Obi-Wan went from... boring cardboard cutout on a ship to throwing the occational sarcasting quip. Oh.
>>
>>84494181
Starwars is dumb now
>>
>>84511582
>prequels destroyed star wars
everyone talks shit about the prequels but at least they were original. the designs and world building were great and helped create some of the best sw games and spin offs ever.

ep7 and the books, games, shows, and everything else based around that timeline is just boring as fuck.
literally everyone wanted the prequel era for battlefront 2. people are hypocrites.
>>
No matter what you want to say about the prequels, the clones and droids are cooler than rebels and stormtroopers in every way.
>>
>>84512287
Yeah, sequel era is pretty lame. But blaming that on Disney isn't right either, since you can see concept art from the time Lucas was still involved and it still had stormtroopers and TIE fighters and whatnot.

Watching a bad movie and thinking "hey, at least it's original" doesn't make me enjoy it more. It doesn't propel the story or the characters, it's all visual.
>>
>>84494181
jar jar was pretty funny though
>>
>>84512287
This. Tbh the prequels literally had a chance to be superior to the OT in every way. George just squandered that potential.
>>
>>84512408
Yeah, no. You honestly think battle droids are cool? They're cartoonishly bad. Ill equipped rebels standing up the technologically superior empire is cooler in every way. It's gotten stale by time TFA rolled around, but still better than having two lame CGI armies.
>>
>>84512426
It's lame because it's fanfic garbage.
>the resistance
Gee what exactly is it resisting?? The republic is back in action now. How the holy hell are these folks getting funding. What is the point? Who are they resisting?? Is it the 1st order?? Why would they need to resist when obviously the republic has way more resources at its disposal.
>1st order
so they just renamed the empire to the 1st order. huh. How exactly are they getting funding? They built a planet sized laser death beam canon...... must've taken a preeeeettty long time to build that sucker. Probably had to contract out the ass for that one. Hmm somehow the republic never knew about it. Somehow NOBODY know about it. That's some dark magic shit right there. So are they still in control of some systems or are they just like professional space bandits?
>sure would be nice to get some explanations in the movie... but heh this is Abrams we're talking bout here
>>
>>84512612
>Gee what exactly is it resisting??
Are you literally too retarded to follow the plot of a disney movie?
>"...there's a splinter of the Republic military that...that feels the Republic isn't taking certain threats as seriously as they maybe ought to be taking them. Specifically the threat posed by the First Order."

>Republic and remnants of the empire sign a treaty, so there's nominal peace
>Some people think they shouldnt be trusted, despite the fact the two arent formally at war anymore
>>
>>84512612
They're resisting the First Order, whatever that means. They're a military group created to fight them because the Republic wouldn't. Some Republic senators are funding them, and I'm pretty sure Leia isn't exactly poor herself.

Calling the FO an Empire would be pretty ridiculous considering they're not the governing body, don't you think? The Starkiller is in the unknown regions of the galaxy. Galaxies are fucking massive you know. Starkiller Base is stupid, but it's not unexplainable like you think it is.
>>
>>84512513
*Wilhelm screams off in the distance*
Yeah sure, the droids are the cartoonish ones.
>>
>>84512612
Yeah, the prequels read more like a fanfic than this. Turning Darth Vader into this daaark tortured psycho, making his turn into a dark edgy love story, etc. Please.
>>
>>84512770
I'm not even going to try and explain how retarded that justification is. There's no hope for you, sorry.
>>
>>84512837
bruh, Lucas is out. There's no reason for the writing to continue to be shit. Zero excuses.
>>
>>84512957
Yeah. Why dont you eat a dick? How does that sound?
>>
>>84512957
Sure, but it's not shit. JJ's fanboyism just got in the way of making a truly great movie.
>>
>>84513346
no im pretty sure if they took out all the OT pandering the flick would still be okay at best.
>>
>>84512760
>unknown regions of the galaxy
The laser death beams travel from there to known regions in a matter of minutes... across millions of light years.
Sure
Meanwhile construction is kept secret for 100 years until they finally complete everything.
Also if the 1st Order has no connection to the empire then where are they getting all this money from?
>Calling the FO an Empire would be pretty ridiculous considering they're not the governing body
So you're telling me the republic was able to successfully retake every planet under the Empire's rule? Mhmm. Everything went to shit for the Empire after the 2nd death star blew up? All that bureaucracy in place with everything still in order aside from that skirmish destroying the second mega battle station. I don't know about this. Seems like someone high up in the chain of command would take over after the Emperor passed. Surely they had a system in place for something like that. It would obviously make too much sense.
>>
>>84513474
If they slowed the pacing down, continued to focus the story on everyone trying to get the map and removed Starkiller, it would have been better. Just have the third act be all factions colliding on the same planet, all trying to get the last piece of the map. Like everyone trying to get the chest in Dead Mans Chest.

>>84513595
The Empire was ended. The scattered forces regrouped and formed the First Order. The Battle of Jakku was one year after Episode 6 and was the final fall of the Empire. "No connection to the empire" I never said that.
>>
I know a dude that thinks TFA is the best star wars movie ever, and he is autistically deep into the franchise and will explain EVERY plothole with some convoluted canon-but-not-canon bullshit.

I fucking hate him.
>>
>go through hoops to make the massive galactic government the "rebels" again and call them the resistance
>muh strong female
>muh death star 3.0
why the fuck do people keep saying this flick is great?
>>
>>84513474
If they took the OT pandering out, there would be nothing left of the film.
>>
>>84513595
>The Battle of Jakku
>The Empire was ended
How does that work out? Why was there even a battle on Jakku let alone one that would destroy the integrity of the Empire? The Rebels were always a rag tag group of fighters with outdated tech. I'm having trouble understanding how they would be able to defeat them after a single battle in the middle of nowhere and cause the Empire to splinter completely.
Looking back in history, even the Roman Empire didn't fall on its face immediately. The Eastern portion continued for over a millennium after it was split in half.
And if the Empire did splinter, again, why would that mean them losing all the planets they control?
>>
>>84513969
>>84513678
>>
>>84513969
Well yeah. Without the fear of the Death Star (which was the reason Palpatine dissolved the senate after it was completed) and without the Sith lords in charge, what's stopping all these planets from rising up, joing the rebellion and taking back their planets? I'm sure EU book number 2932398 explains it in detail, either way it's not really important.

The Battle of Jakku was the main events the last Aftermath book, haven't read it so I don't know all the details. They didn't splinter completely considering the First Order exists.
>>
Real Star Wars fans don't like the prequels. Only MRAs and people being ironic.
>>
#BringBackBoba
>>
>>84514130
real fans like the OT, ROTS and RO

the rest are trash
>>
>>84514265
Real fans know that Star Wars isn't supposed to be dark and depressing.
>>
>>84514334
The entire galaxy in the OT is dark and depressing ROTS just explains why.
>>
>>84514426
Which totally warranted the child murders, spousal abuse, decapitations and people burning alive. The OT were all fun adventure movie, nothing dark or depressing about them. Rogue One was a dark boring fucking mess with boring characters. Just because the ending has to be dark doesn't mean the entire movie has to be a dark bore and all the characters to be joyless and sulking throughout the whole movie.
>>
>>84514521
>The OT were all fun adventure movie, nothing dark or depressing about them
Are you forgetting the literal charred corpses of the main characters guardians? Episode 5 ending with the main character crippled and Han kidnapped?
>>
>>84514521
Im not sure why you are getting so upset because every movie that is star wars isn't a fun happy adventure movie. should they not try something different?
the sequels already have the fun adventure movie covered and TFA was really bad so why do the Spin offs need to be the same.
>>
>>84514521
The prequels were fucking happy adventure movies up until the the halfway through ROTS where they finally show the turn of the empire.
why are you getting so autistic about this.
>>
>>84514618
Those movies were still FUN. Even Empire was a blast. Having dark moments is cool, just don't make it the entire movie.

>>84514669
Mate it's fucking STAR WARS. Fun adventures were the core of them. Why does everything have to be dark? Dark is boring. What's wrong with wanting some damn fun in movies?
>>
>>84514777
>just don't make it the entire movie.
Not liking Rogue One is an opinion, thinking this Disney quipfest is some dark edgy movie all the way through is almost objectively wrong. Are you forgetting the wisecracking robot?
>>
>>84514777
but the prequels were fun literally 90% of the time. the OT was fun. and the sequels are fun i don't give a fuck if they want to try something different with spin offs.

And RO While not great was still better than TFA
>>
>>84514877
Putting one comic relief robot character doesn't save the main characters from being total bores. It's not edgy. It just takes itself too seriously and is too afraid of fun.
>>
>>84514738
Which I think largely is the point. The galaxy pre Empire was colorful, fun...after it is depressing and regimented.
>>
>>84514941
Once again, its a quipfest, did you miss all the scenes of the chink blind guy bantering? Jyn being straight-woman to the swave defector guy?
>>
>>84496793
>absolutely nothing going on other than guys swinging lightsabers at each other
Lol that's literally what a lightsaber fight is
>>
>>84515146
Uhh yeah, in the prequels. Good fight scenes aren't really about the action, they're about the characters. Maybe Transformers is something for you.
>>
>>84503953
Well at least we hate them for legit reasons. They aren't original. They are a cash in. They were short. They did actually fuck the characterization of OT characters (unlike the bs accusations people make of the prequels).

Meanwhile you guys hate the prequels because they looked more futuristic than the OT.
>>
>Half the thread is MUH EMOTIONAL SABER FIGHT
Its fine, we all know you watched Plinkett all the way through
>>
>>84515241
Except several of the prequel duels are just as emotionally motivated as the OT
>>
>>84515317
Lmfao

>>84515279
>Meanwhile you guys hate the prequels because they looked more futuristic than the OT.

Nice strawman. No, people hate the prequels because they are fucking incompetently made.
>>
>>84515294
You're seriously arguing against emotional investment in movies? Jesus. Degeneracy.
>>
>>84515380
>Obi-Wan and Anakins duel has no emotions at play

Kek.
>>
>>84515423
The 20 minute CGI lava surfing really made me tear up mate
>>
>>84515241
>good fights scenes aren't really about the action
Fag detected

Your argument is complete bullshit anyway. Maul murdered Obi Wan's master and father figure. You can see an intensity in Obi-Wans fighting style due to this.

Anakin slaughters a bunch of sandniggers for raping his mom. He actually looks like an enraged murderer. Quii Gon cries "NO" in the background

Anakin charges in on Dooku because he murdered a lot of Jedi. Get's his shit kicked in.

In ROTS, Anakin is told by Sidious to "do it" and kill Dooku. He then says he shouldn't have done that. It isn't he jedi way. Later on when Windu has bested Sidious and is about to kill him, Anakin pleads with Windu to take him in to stand trial. It's the jedi way. Poetry.

The entire Order 66 scene was a moving destruction of the gaurdians of the galaxy. You know at that point, the era had violently ended with evil prevailing and the wizards who held it off had been killed. For some reason it kind of reminds me of 9-11 in that it was a blind sided terrorist act.

There are motivations all there, you're just being a vagina.
>>
>>84515380
>incompetently made
They certainly aren't perfect. The acting is probably the worst part but it's simple delusion to think anyone else could have put together such a visionary world onto the screen. We take it for granted now a days because all of sci fi has been heavily influenced by it and the entire special effects industry was boosted by it.
>>
>>84515450
>hurr the fights are about the characters
>fight between two characters, with a developed relationship is mentioned
>h.heh it was all cgi

Nice job moving the goalposts.
>>
>>84515558
The movie telling us it's supposed to be emotional doesn't make it emotional. Some fucking effort is needed to make people give a shit, that's why movies fail.

>>84515687
>developed relationship

huh, guessed that must have happened off-screen because I didn't see any of it. Obi-Wan spent the first movie not liking Anakin, they dislike each other in Attack of the Clones, and then suddenly ROTS tries to make us care about their relationship. Too late George, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>84515757
Yeah. Because the relationships in the OT were so well developed. Like Luke's relationship with his father, whom he met What? 3 times ever? Or his week long, at most, relationship with Old Ben.

Idk. Maybe those all took place off screen as well.
>>
>>84515861
No, we saw that on screen. Not sure how you missed that one, it's a pretty big deal. Oh well.
>>
>>84515757
Those movies didnt fail.
your telling argument is arbitrary. theres many ways in which a movie shows/tells you details either through exposition, contextual cues, symbolism, and so on. You have the same bs argument ever one else has. Try thinking for yourself.

The first fight in ANH was fucking garbage and the movie even has the characters telling you about their past (which according to you is bad) and the choreography doesnt evoke emotion. Just your rose tinted goggles
>>
>>84515926
He right you know. Luke knows Obi Wan and Vader about as much as the audience does.
>>
>>84494181
How did a hack like Lucas manage to create Kino like the prequels?
>>
>>84515928
No, we actually get to know the characters in A New Hope. There's a difference between being told someone's backstory and having the characters tell you what their character is. We were SHOWN who Luke is, we were SHOWN who Han is. How is all that going over your head?
>>
>>84515926
Oh? You see Luke develop a relationship with his father during their 3 meetings?When?

Idk How you are gonna sit there and claim Kenobi and Anakin didn't have a relationship. The film's made it pretty clear. And this isn't even counting the cartoon series.
>>
>>84515997
I never said you don't. Nothing is going over my head. The issue is you conveniently wave away every instance in the PT of characterization because your argument hinges on it. Because you can't develop a logically consistent reason why YOU dislike the PT that doesn't:
A) also apply to the OT
B) just flat out untrue
or
C) so subjective as to be worthless in debate.
>>
>>84516087
Haha,
"Luke looks like Stormniggers torched the only family you have ever known"

"Well, shit...oh well let's go into town"
>>
This lightsaber faggot is the worst. The post that started all of this said the DUELS were better in the prequels. And they fucking were. This faggot is talking about the back stories of the people involved in the duels. That has to do with character development. Which no one claimed was better in the prequels.

He is right. The prequels have a better soundtrack by far. Better lightsaber duels. And it had more potential to create a better story than the OT.
>>
>People shit on the prequels for bad acting
>Hamill and Fisher were complete garbage with Hamill improving by ROTJ
The OT was saved by saved by Ford and Vader
>>
>>84516258
Obi Wan and Anakin's relationship was well done though
>>
>>84516258
The only good saber duel is in TPM.

The fight between Obi-wan and Anakin in RotS is SO fucking drawn out and boring; I will NEVER understand why people cream themselves over it.

The only thing to come of it was, "I have the high ground." That's the only redeemable thing about it.
>>
>>84516484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnw3PL9yF3I
IT'S NOT FAIR-Luke Skywalker 1977
>>
>>84516627
Right. Because a fight that has been built up to for 3 movies should last 1 minute.

Plus it helps that it had an absolute killer fucking theme song during it.
>>
The Prequels are so great, and are much better than any of the crap put out by Disney.
>>
>>84516523
You aren't wrong. But it's pointless arguing that with OT autists.

I think it's honestly better than most of the relationships developed in the OT
>>
>>84516627
That's because Obi Wan's dueling style involves tiring out the opponent and Anakin was stronger than Obi Wan so Obi Wan had no choice but to draw out the fight. You're retarded if you couldn't understand it
>>
>>84516661
Jesus Hamill really was bad in ANH.
>>
>>84516755
This. The prequels actually went into a little bit of depth regarding the different Jedi fighting styles.
>>
>itt original trilogy fags get btfo
>>
>>84516826
>Dooku loved dueling
>Dooku respected Obi Wan because he perfected a dueling style but hated Anakin because Anakin just used brute force
You don't get stuff like this from the OT
>>
>>84516826
>>84516888
>>84516755

Legit question, is any of that actually portrayed reasonably in the movies or is it all EU/ancillary material stuff
>>
The prequels pulled off a political subplot rather well
>>
>>84516945
Dooku wanted Obi Wan to join him and was disappointed when he lost easily in AOTC since he had high expectations but he mad fun of Anakin in AOTC and ROTS
>>
>>84517014
Yeah, but is there anything in the movies that suggests that was down to his lightsabre style?
>>
>>84516945
Tbh alot of it is ancillary probably. I think the cartoon series Clone Wars probably goes way more in depth about it. The movies touch on it as best they can. Can't really devote a whole bunch of in depth scenes regarding the fighting styles of the various Jedi. People would have flipped shit just like the whole Senate and politics stuff.
>>
>>84516945
Obi Wan fought like Qui Gon in TPM but you'll notice that he fights differently in AOTC and ROTS.
>>
>>84517040
>Anakin and Obi Wan prepare for a lightsaber duel with Dooku in ROTS
>Dooku says I've been looking forward to this
It's pretty obvious
>>
I seriously don't understand how people rate ANH over ESB. It's way better than ROTJ but it's not even close to ESB.
>>
>OTfags shit on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ
>>
>>84494915
>The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie since Empire though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
>>
>PT gives an uppity nigger his comeuppance while the OT rewards it's token black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpAcanUJX7s
It's obvious which trilogy is better
>>
>Luke suddenly becomes competent in the final movie
Into the trash it goes
>>
File: 8YVJAYSA.jpg (55KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
8YVJAYSA.jpg
55KB, 650x650px
>>84517242
>Obi Wan has been napping on the ground for the entire duel.
>>
>>84517667
He was BTFO earlier
>>
>>84517742
Was he paralyzed?
>>
>>84517810
He stabbed a couple times with a lightsaber in his legs and arms
>>
>>84517872
Both arms and legs?
>>
>>84494181
The original trilogy is part of cinema history.

The prequel trilogy is not as bad as the kids from the all trilogy say.

The new movies are cool but they are very unoriginal. The Force Awakens is basically a copy of A New Hope. We will see if The Last Jedi is a copy os ESB as it seems it will be.

Also, Rogue One is better because at least is something new and adds something to the story but the actors and the characters are dumb. Saw Guerrera is a very dumb character and they wasted a good actor with it. Jyn Erso, the actrees is like dead in the head, she doesn't have any charisma, I liek the character more than Rey but I have to admit that Daisy has more charisma that Felicity.
>>
>>84517872
>stabbed with a lightsaber
I guess Dooku wanted to capture him?
>>
>>84518076
all = old

sorry
>>
I just watched the force awakens for the first time since its release. I already thought this movie was bad, but it somehow became even less redeemable. The nigger humor was even more cringy and the plot seemed even more convenient. Its still cool when they fly the millennium falcon through the broken destroyer in the desert. After recently playing planetside 2 and doing a lot of underbelly gunning I only liked the scene more.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.