[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you didn't enjoy Alien Covenant, why? And if so what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: walter and daniels.jpg (104KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
walter and daniels.jpg
104KB, 720x418px
If you didn't enjoy Alien Covenant, why? And if so what are some things you would change about the film to make it better?
>>
>>84490666
I would cast Emily Jean
>>
there was literally nothing good about it
>>
>>84490666
Play Yakety Sax in the background during that first infection scene
>>
>>84490701
Kys she is just as shit of an actress as waterstone
>>
>>84490666
Okay, 1st off
who thought it was a good idea to hide all the things we want to see offscreen, you know the phrase "if u didnt see it it didnt happen".
well from black girl death in the medbay to david's escape, shaw's death. everything u want to know happens offscreen and instead we get fassbender-clone makeouts with gay flutes, creatively you mean to tell me they couldnt find one better way to kill he xenomorph rather than blasting it out airlock AGain.
>>
>>84490974
minor correction, black girls death was hidden and just showed her legs flopping a bit, no close or clear shots of her face or the damage done which tells me Ridley
YOUR FUCKING LAZY
>>
File: 004983774.jpg (362KB, 418x640px) Image search: [Google]
004983774.jpg
362KB, 418x640px
>>84490882
>waterstone
it's Waterston
>>
>>84491000

The problem comes from the fact that even in R-rated movies violence against women 9/10 times gets played down, you'll see male characters get their brains blown out visibly but rarely the same level of gore for a woman.
>>
>>84491042
Nobody cares
>>
File: 9975479.jpg (28KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
9975479.jpg
28KB, 600x900px
>>84491128
I do
>>
>>84490666
Make the crew not retards.
>>
>>84491042
>>84491173

She looks so odd
>>
>>84490723

Ok, than you just haven't watched the Alien movies before. Get the fuck out of here retard.
>>
>>84491218

What makes a competent horror cast? You look at the guys in Carpenter's Thing and they come off as ragtag bunch of bumblefucks yet even through being way out of their depth and mounting paranoia they manage to get their shit together, look at the group before and AFTER the blood test.
>>
>>84490666

I enjoyed it, that doesnt mean I think its great.

The biggest problem with it was that despite all the hate Prometheus got, it set up the sequel so amazingly with the deacon at the end of the film. Then suddenly deacons are random things that grow out of you when you inhale some spores?Made little sense, considering the metamorphosis of the organism in Prometheus

>goo into drink
>guy drinks it
>fucks his barren girlfriend
>she gets pregnant with the squid thing
>squid thing facehuggs the engineer (looks like it was designed for engineer facehugging)
>giant deacon bursts out

I kinda wish they would have continued the evolution of the goo into eventually stumbling into a random queen. Would have been pretty cool that way.

This way is a cheap way out focusing on David instead of focusing on the xenomorph.
>>
>>84491369
>A fucking book is being commissioned to fill the gap between Prometheus and Covenant

this prequel trilogy is a hot mess
>>
>>84491339
You make them reasonably intelligent human beings and just make the monsters OP as fuck. That's what makes them scary - the thought that they are just so far beyond human experience and ability that you're as good as dead if it ever gets within arm's reach. It lets your characters get into situations that don't feel so contrived and stops them from suffering from plot-induced stupidity like sticking your unprotected face down in the creepily opening pod in the rape dungeon basement you just followed android Dr. Frankenstein down into. It makes the characters more relatable and far, far easier to empathize with.
>>
>>84490666
>If you didn't enjoy Alien Covenant, why?

My main problem was that t characters were fucking retards. Like the Captain who walks in on David letting an Alien creature rip one of his crew members apart.

Rather than opening fire on him immediately for killing his crew, he listens to what David has to say and actually follows him. Then he trusts him implicitly enough to put his right up against an alien egg.

WHAT? Why would anyone of this happen? Why would anyone trust a robot they just saw murder one of their friends?

I wouldn't mind I this was your run of the mill slasher with dumb teens getting knocked off left and right, but this is a fucking Ridley Scott movie. Did he not read the fucking script and think "wait a moment, this is fucking retarded"?
>>
>>84490666
>And if so what are some things you would change about the film to make it better?
i would make it about david being an asshole between prometheus and the crash
>>
>>84491818
yeh the cap relly fuckedu p

if he killed david there, no more problems, and he should have too david was clearly enamoured by the fking alien
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.