[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's sequels to good movies that are even better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: sequel police.gif (35KB, 280x330px) Image search: [Google]
sequel police.gif
35KB, 280x330px
So there's sequels to good movies that are even better than the original and lord knows plenty of sequels not as good as the original

but has there EVER been a situation of a bad movie getting a good sequel?
>>
>>84451375
the first Mad Max movie is pretty fucking tedious outside of the (two) car chases and the villain scenes, but The Road Warrior is fantastic
>>
>>84451396
>Americans
>>
>>84451434
a good sixty percent of the film is Max dicking around on holiday with his boring son and wife. it's a good backstory for the character, but it's not engaging to watch in a film like that.
>>
>>84451461
>Americans literally cannot deal with a movie that isn't %100 shit blowing up with epic one liners
>>
>>84451489
i understand why, as an aussie, you'd feel compelled to defend one of the four films from your country anyone who doesn't live there has heard of, but stick to the two quality flicks in the franchise and leave the forgettable, tedious first alone.

also, my favorite films include A Brighter Summer Day and Jeanne Dielman. i'm pretty sure i don't have any trouble paying attention to films without explosions.
>>
>>84451587
>Trying this hard
Fuck off burger, you have incredibly shit taste if you think A Brighter Summer Day is quality
>>
>>84451599
>y-yeah? well, your taste is b-bad!
nice recovery dude, i like your technique

seriously though, can you name anything people not from Australia care about besides the Mad Max series, Walkabout, Picnic at Hanging Rock, and Wake in Fright? pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>84451587
I'm American too and while Road Warrior is superior the first film is far from bad. It's still excellent.
>>
>>84451647
>Burger has no recourse
>Burger thinks Thunderdome was good
We're done here kiddo
>>
>>84451684
as a fellow aussie, shut up cunt you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>84451701
>Falseflagging
>>
>>84451684
i never said Thunderdome is good, actually. that's easily the worst movie in the franchise, with its Indy-lite action and bullshit characters. the two good films are The Road Warrior and Fury Road.

>inb4 Fury Road is bad because of muh feminism and SJWs
truly autism personified
>>
File: stop it.png (51KB, 1276x711px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.png
51KB, 1276x711px
>>84451720
>>
>>84451721
I never mentioned anything about Fury Road faggot, I love it. Stop triggering yourself with comments no one even said
>>
>>84451375
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is a damn good sequel to a rubbish movie.
>>
>>84451647
k-kangaroos?
>>
>>84451759
your assumption that i was referring to Beyond Thunderdome when i mentioned "the two quality flicks in the franchise" somewhat implies that you have a low opinion of Fury Road, but fair enough

seriously though, go back to jerking off over Kangaroo Jack or something. defending the first Mad Max film is embarrassing.

>>84451786
yeah this video is pretty lit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw
>>
>>84451800
Yeah if you literally can't fucking read like the retarded burger you are
>Using nigger language
Back to plebbit with you
>>
>>84451831
>puts % in front of a number like a complete fucking mong
>tries to mock someone else's education
kek
>>
>>84451855
>Burger trying his hardest to appear "coming in with the bants" but fails miserably
Like clockwork
>>
>>84451375
The Purge Anarchy. Maybe not a GOOD sequel, but still a better movie.
>>
>>84451684
Yeah fuck up, I like Mad Max but if you can't see its flaws and accept that 2 capitalised on what worked and completely axed what didn't, resulting in a much better film, you're a dickhead
>>
>>84451882
>b-but you're american!
okay bruh
>>
>>84451887
SHIT yeah that should have been the first one that came to mind. I can't stand the first Purge movie but, I've enjoyed the sequels so far.
>>
good sequel to a bad movie: The Last Crusade
>>
>>84451647
>seriously though, can you name anything people not from Australia care about besides the Mad Max series, Walkabout, Picnic at Hanging Rock, and Wake in Fright? pretty pathetic desu

Sure! "What We Do In The Shadows" was pritty gud :^)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.