[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/jack ie-chan-foreigner-asian-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: ss+(2017-06-30+at+04.18.57).png (11KB, 782x193px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-30+at+04.18.57).png
11KB, 782x193px
http://www.teenvogue.com/story/jackie-chan-foreigner-asian-representation

We are boycotting The Foreigner right?
>Twitter user @linhtropy made a thread about why she feels casting Chan (who is Chinese) as a Vietnamese character in a film directed by a non-Asian person is a problem.
>@linhtropy: Jackie Chan plays a Vietnamese man in his new movie The Foreigner. Do you know how many levels of fucked up THAT and THIS is?
>@linhtropy: You can't mix-and-match people's ethnicities. Chinese =/= Vietnamese. NO FUCKING DUHH??????? JACKIE CHAN IS NOT VIETNAMESE?!
>>
>canadian actor plays american
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>84449236
It's like complaining about a Brit playing an American character. Also, it's not like there aren't Vietnamese people with Chinese ancestry anyway.
>>
White actors play different nationalities all the time...
>>
>>84449236
>do you know how many levels of fucked up that is
like, 1 maybe. but mostly zero.
>>
>german guy plays a russian
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84450546
I hate it when they whitewash a role
>>
>>84450045
Yeah it's dumb. Dutch woman playing a russian in bond, Aussie playing an american in Thor, english actors play americans all the time as well
>>
>>84449236
SJW genocide when?
>>
Why are you reading teen vogue?
>>
>some fucktard on Twitter says something stupid
>"Teen Vogue" covers it
WHO FUCKING CARES
>>
>>84450601
> thor
> aussie

I agree with you, but that isn't a good example. He doesn't even sound American. Spider-man would be more fitting, brit twink playing a kid from brooklyn
>>
>>84450045
To be fair, Vietnamese and Han Chinese (which is what Jackie is) are different ethnicities all together, as well as being politically different nationalities.

That being said, it's fucking stupid. Southeast Asians have a general "look" to them, that most people not familiar with the subtleties of human genealogy wouldn't be able to notice.
>>
>>84450659
Was just baiting with comment of the aussie playing an american in thor desu
>>
>>84450630
To get triggering material that no one would ever see or care about
>>
>>84449236
i can tell before even looking up this chick she is the kid of some viet southerners who fled to the west during the war and now hate vn with a burning passion

i know this because if she had the slightest idea about vn now she would know how much they love jacky chan, he even has a vn name Thành Long and is frequently seen in cinema and tv ads promoting various things

and thats not even getting into the whole issue of why this is even a big deal when coloured or even slightly tan people play people all the way from deep africa to turkish light arab roles, and how white people from the uk play white americans all the time
>>
>>84449236
all VN people came from the north, aka china, the indigenous peoples to VN, Laos, Cambo are shunned to border jungle villages and its widely pretended they do not exist.

Vietnamese are basically worse than Americans.
>>
Vietnamese people fucking hate the Chinese.

This was like letting a Jap play a Korean or a Paki play an Indian.
>>
File: 1494097612121s.jpg (6KB, 249x244px) Image search: [Google]
1494097612121s.jpg
6KB, 249x244px
Arnold Schwarzenegger an AUSTRIAN in predator played an AMERICAN. Ugh you just can't mix and match ethnicities.
>>
>>84449236
ironic because he's not Chinese either haha
>>
ngl, this is truly phocked up.
>>
funny thing is they'd approve if it was a nigger
>>
>>84450801
everyone who isnt chinese hates chinese. hell even chinese people hate china

vietnamese actors are COMPLETELY non existant and JC isnt far off from looking like viet from the south. i rather watch him than some dumb shoe horn ala green hornet
>>
>>84451171
i love chinese people. if it wasnt for them i wont be dying by the age of 40 from consuming so much panda express every day for dinner before i cry myself to sleep
>>
>>84451211
sorry actually i meant
>everyone who isnt asian hates chinese people.

i know youre not because you expressed that you eat at panda express
>>
LEO IS GERMAN AND ITALIAN!!! HE PLAY SOUTH AFRICAN IN BLOOD DIAMOND!!! PROBLEMATIC@@!!!!!
>>
>>84451270
i MEANT
>any asian who isnt chinese hates the chinese
time for sleep
>>
>>84451298
>any asian hate others asians
*ftfy
>>
Yeah, well, maybe she should suggest a Vietnamese actor who could do a better job at getting people in the theaters than Jackie Chan.
>>
>>84451504
Bruce Willis
>>
Best Chinaman in film

The best ever
>>
>>84449236
>American descendant of Nigerien people plays a South African and is even nominated for an Academy Award
Where was the PC police then?
>>
>>84451504
that guy Mark Wahlberg stomped on
>>
>>84451504
Jackie!
>>
File: 1398588886307.jpg (99KB, 689x569px) Image search: [Google]
1398588886307.jpg
99KB, 689x569px
>teen vogue
>entire article about twitter comments
>>
>>84450801
Or like a Scottish man playing an English secret agent.
>>
You guys remember all those threads about "why don't Asian actors" get hired?

This is why.
>>
>>84450676
>To be fair, Vietnamese and Han Chinese (which is what Jackie is) are different ethnicities all together, as well as being politically different nationalities.
Bro Vietnam was part of China for centuries, their upper class used to be pretty much like the Normans in England, and there was massive population infiltration during that time.

You're silly if you think any asian country escaped the Han borg.
>>
File: tweet.png (53KB, 534x756px) Image search: [Google]
tweet.png
53KB, 534x756px
How much do you guys want to bet that this banana can't speak a single Asian language?
>>
The vietnamese are fucking chinese. The montagnards are the true natives.
>>
>>84452451
Also, who the fuck IS that? Anyone important, or even "important"? Can I go on twitter and say anything I want and be a source for an article? She's not even responding to anyone, so I feel like whoever quoted her had to really go out of their way to find this """outrage""".
She has less than 2 thousand followers and she admits in her bio to sleeping around. Like one of the first thing this girl wants you to know is that she's fucking multiple men and she wants to be taken seriously.
I hate "journalism", the internet needs some kind of mass culling.
>>
>>84452451
this is why you don't send your children to western universities
>>
>>84449236
You guys actively search for this shit, don't why?

Why? Do you NEED to feel mad all the time?
>>
>hurr durr an American can't play a Canadian

do liberals truly not realize how retarded they sound
>>
>>84452620
>not being propelled by hatred and anger
>>
>>84452648
They're too fat
>>
>>84449236
>made a thread
Why are normies using our words lads?
>>
Guy like Arnold and doph lundgren have played slavs before and got away with it, I don't see much of a problem. Jackie's a southener too, they look very similar to vietnamese people.
>>
They should have cast Jackie Chun instead.
>>
>>84452544
Celebrities really need to ignore these SJW twitter "shitstorms". The only way they get any rl traction is when they react to these morons and that's all they're waiting for. Let them rage in their bubble.
>>
The Vietnamese hate the Chinese a lot. I know there's always that guy who goes "Everybody hates the Chinese yadayada" but the Vietnamese have both historical and contemporary problems (economical, political) that inspires very deep hatred.
>>
Pretty sure the Chinese fucked everyone in that area. Would be hard to find Viets that don't have even a touch of Chinese blood in them.
>>
>>84452771
People tend to think Vietnam and China are cool because North Vietnam and China were allies during the Vietnam War, when really that was like the one time they weren't fighting against each other.
>>
>>84452735
I'm more worried about financiers reading these kinds of articles and fewer "problematic" movies being made, in quotes because it's manufactured issues and not real ones. Nobody, and I mean no living person, should be even remotely upset that Jackie Chan dares to play a different nationality than what he is. But when millions of dollars are at stake, those money men are going to see this as a potential issue and we will start having only movies where a Hispanic wheelchair man who fights with his words defeats a tall able-bodied tall white man who calls everyone either nigger or faggot and has "THA PATRIARCHY" tattooed across his forehead.
And that girl will obviously see the attention teen Vogue gave her as positive reinforcement, she'll keep virtue signaling as long as she's getting likes and retweets.
I keep hoping this "Umm, RACIST MUCH?" attitude will die out but it just seems to never stop.
>>
>>84452735
Did you not see what happened with star wars? That cunt kathleen kennedy turned it into her personal feminist power-fantasy
>>
>>84449236
>Jean-Claude Van Damme plays Guile
>a man named Jean-Claude
>plays GUILE

I'm not even gonna add to this retarded shitstorm
>>
>actor
>acting
This is not cool guys.
>>
But its ok to replace white people with niggers thats just fine.
>>
>>84450045
Its like a spic playing bond.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.