[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"watching Key and Peele do my show the last five!"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: chappellepeelekey.jpg (240KB, 590x422px) Image search: [Google]
chappellepeelekey.jpg
240KB, 590x422px
>"watching Key and Peele do my show the last five!"
What did he mean by this? Are they supposed to thank him just because he had a sketch show with black people? Because the shows really don't seem that similar besides being sketch shows.

Chappelle seemed really bitter.
>>
>>84423334
I think the claim mostly comes from the format of doing stand up between the sketches. Still I'm not really convinced that's a good enough case
>>
>>84423334
It was a joke, dawg.
>>
>>84423334
>>"watching Chapelle do Pryor's show the last five!"
reminder, it's all been done before
>>
>>84423334

i got the total opposite vibe, not bitter at all

what he was saying was that when he walked out he left a void and gave acts like K&P an option to step into the untapped market . if he hadn't left, niggas like K&P would have never been that popular

if you know anything about chapelle is that he is a very cool cat and probably has respect for those guys
>>
you done fallen off you shouldn't have gave up yo show dawg
>>
>>84423652
>if he hadn't left, niggas like K&P would have never been that popular
desu you can't think like that

There's a million different scenarios that could've happened if he didn't leave in 2006.
>>
>>84423849
>>84423334
>>84423398
>>84423652

Pretty sure it was a jab at comedy central
>>
It was a p funny show not beyter yhan daves though
>>
>>84423652
>>84423849

I think the assumption here was that if he never left in 2006 and churned out 5 more seasons - K&P's uncle tom version of Chapelle's Show would not have made it that big or they would have done something entirely different with their careers.

Dave Chapelle essentially paved the way and then left the market for grabs.

inb4 'it's all been done before' - not like Dave did it and no one remembers what that crazy nigga Pryor did in the 70' anymore.
>>
>>84423334
Breaking News: Comedians are envious twats. Also, a lot of black people don't seem to like Key and Peele because they "act white"
>>
>>84424685
but key and peele "acting white" is an eerie rip off of the way that Chappelle used to caricature white dudes 10 years ago

also welcome to the conversation
>>
Black face on black face.
>>
>>84424685
Didnt black people love Get Out?
>>
>>84423652
>what he was saying was that when he walked out he left a void and gave acts like K&P an option to step into the untapped market
>>84424351
>Dave Chapelle essentially paved the way and then left the market for grabs.
This is not only bitter as hell but also arrogant as fuck. This shows the mentality that there is no room for more one popular black comedy show.
>>
>>84424807
No, I'm not referring to their sketches, they are "acting white" in real life. They have white wives, they talk white, dress white... I'm pretty sure I saw like Aries Spears and someone else (Maybe Eddie Griffin, can't really remember) talk about this. As far as sketches on the show go, Chappelle wasn't the first black comedian to charicature white people.
>>
>>84424956
Get Out isn't a Key and Peele sketch comedy, it's a horror film with black cast, commenting on social issues regarding racism. It's also a great movie in general, so I don't see a reason to dislike it (Not that K&P is bad, but I can see how that isn't everyone's cup of tea)
>>
>>84424985
it's possible to tweak a joke just a bit. immediately after Chappelle's show ended Comedy Central was pushing sketch comedy hard with Carlos Mencia, remember? and he was doing the same thing, just throwing on a silly blonde wig and some powder on his face and suddenly he was a goofy ass white guy.

I haven't watched Key and Peel but from what I have seen of advertisement it seems like they bite a lot off of what Dave already cooked up. I think that Dave's joke was directed more at CC than key and peele really
>>
>>84423652
Youre acting like there werent other black sketch shows before chappelle. In living color for example.
>>
>>84424985
Aries Spears called it black face on black face
>>
>>84425150
Cheers for that, I was too lazy to look it up. Also, if I recall correctly, Aries sounded suuuuuper bitter about K&P success
>>
>>84423652
You obviously haven't seen the interview where he explains how he feels in depth...
>>
>>84424983
>This is not only bitter as hell but also arrogant as fuck. This shows the mentality that there is no room for more one popular black comedy show.

I would argue that it's simple economics. It's hard to break into a market and be successful with a product that is a copy of an already established successful brand. Nowhere did he say Key and Peele's show wasn't good.

Dave was just stating a fact. Dave leaving left more space for other acts to make the money that he was not making. No bitterness or arrogance at all - that's why the joke works.
>>
>>84425244
I've been watching sketch comedy and stand up comedy and listening to podcasts and stuff for a very long time and I have never seen Aries Spears really blow up. And I mean I have been aware of him now for 10 years maybe because he once had a really funny bit about Shaq and I remember laughing my ass off but then forgetting about him for a decade while I have heard all the old classics plus countless new faces.

point being, I don't think Aries Spears is that good
>>
>>84423334

He saves, but he also rapes!

>>84425244

Aries is probably bitter about any successful MadTV alumni.
>>
File: 1412427230846.jpg (41KB, 463x494px) Image search: [Google]
1412427230846.jpg
41KB, 463x494px
>be black in america
>make it big
>the black comminuty calls you an uncle tom because you're not succesful in one of the very few acceptable ways (athlete, rapper) and don't act stereotypically black
>also you're half-white, so you're definately not one of them
>meanwhile white people see you as 100% black

Really makes you think, senpai.
>>
>>84423334
dave chappelle explained that it wasn't a jab at them personally but a jab at comedy central. he goes a bit more in depth about the subject but the gist was after dave left, comedy central to capture lightning in a bottle twice by using the chapelle show style in other comedy central shows that came out afterward.

he doesnt name names. and he even suggested that, at the time, it was entirely possible to get him back.

anyway i was in the car listening to this interview a couple of hours ago in the car.
it was on "sway in the morning" on sirius radio's shade45 channel. i dont know when they upload to their youtube channel but keep an eye out for it if you're really interested in hearing his explanation in his own words.
>>
>>84424985
this is the mindset that's kept the black community down, which is what's to blame for their failures as a race in america.

it's not 'acting white' to be smart and eloquent, it's not 'acting white' to marry outside your race and dress like a normal person.

acting like a thug nigger to 'keep it real' is immature at best. more honestly it's destructive and ignorant
>>
>>84425272

the issue at hand is whether or not Dave has disdain towards Key and Peele "doing his show for the past 5 years" not if he regrets rejecting the money and leaving.

ofcourse he regrets it but dave is not the type of nigga to be catty towards other comics

if the joke comes off as arrogant/bitter in your view then maybe you're just projecting your own inner stuff onto the joke.. I don't know what else to say man
>>
>>84425340
>anyway i was in the car listening to this interview a couple of hours ago in the car.

i'm fucking retarded
>>
>>84425330
>>84425345
I agree with this 100%
>>
>>84424000
It is. They even have another black stand up/sketch comedy show to replace K&P. Kind of pathetic
>>
>make obvious joke during a stand up
>autists discus the joke with sincerity
>>
>>84425359
There is literally an interview where he is asked about the joke and he says he feels hurt that Key and peele used "a format he created" and gave him zero credit whatsoever.

So fuck off with your arm chair pseudo psychology projecting nonsense moron.
>>
>>84425484
read
>>84425491
>>
>>84425491

woah, rude!

there is an interview where he says the exact opposite to what you're claiming here. it's about comedy central, not K&P

or maybe we're talking about the same interview and you just misunderstood.
>>
>>84423334
>the shows really don't seem that similar
Correct, chappelle was so much better that there can be no comparison.
>>
How did dave create the format?
>>
>>84425424
lol what's the new one called? I think I've lost all respect I ever had for Comedy Central ever since it became the LMAO DRUMPH network
>>
>>84425562
Holy fuck he specifcally says that when he sees created by KEY AND MOTHERFUCKING PEELE ON THE CREDITS ITS PISSES HIM OFF.

ARE YOU BAITING OR RETARDED
>>
>>84425653
Hood Adjacent
another black comedian that didn't grow up in the ghetto but talks about it relentlessly
>>
>>84425973
I think I saw like a trailer for that or something. It looked super cringy
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.