[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any actual film directors out there that are comparable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: terrence-malick-18-45-89.jpg (50KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
terrence-malick-18-45-89.jpg
50KB, 850x400px
Are there any actual film directors out there that are comparable to Akiyuki Shinbo? I tried a few Refn movies but was disappointed because he wasn't stylish enough.

I'm planning on trying Terrence Malick next. Will he be what I'm looking for?
>>
File: JapKino1.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
JapKino1.webm
3MB, 720x480px
> weebtrash
> stylish

if you died, the world would be a better place
>>
Maybe Wes Anderson. I bet you'll unironically enjoy his movies.
>>
>>84415904
Hasn't that guy actually won quite a few awards and even gotten a lot of Oscar nominations? Seems weird to imply that there's no value in enjoying his movies.
>>
>>84415949
Who said that? I implied the contrary.
>>
>>84415977
Well, the use of "unironically" seemed to suggest that you find his movies displeasing. But perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

Either way, I've heard good things about Moonrise Kingdom so I'll give that a shot.
>>
What the fuck is Japan's obsession with highschool and teenagers, fucking hell can they not make a normal film involving adults and adult life?
>>
>>84417043
There are plenty of Japanese films featuring adults, the reason they make highschool ones is because that is the demographic those works aim for and you hear disproportionately about them due to their popularity with Americans who are also in that demographic even though they make up a small percentage of all Japanese media.
>>
>>84417127
Of course, it should be noted that there are outliers such as myself who are in their mid-20s but watch anime because we like little girls.
>>
>>84416039
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>84417729
Absolutely epic post.
>>
huh, interesting
>>
>>84417765
Gets the ol' noggin joggin', doesn't it?
>>
Anime and the movie "Drive" are the only places I've heard the name Gabriel pronounced "Gabrielle." Just a random observation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.