[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one of the worlds best surgeons >learned from the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

File: iWkgUdBf.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
iWkgUdBf.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>one of the worlds best surgeons
>learned from the most prestigious institutions and profound tutors
>very intelligent and billionaire
>swerves down a two lane road on the edge of a cliff while its raining and while on the phone
>>
Intelligent people get in car wrecks. This is your main critique of the film??
>>
>>84415321
>Intelligent people get in car wrecks.
Yeah, when someone crashes into them, or they have a heart attack at the wheel or something.
>>
>>84415244
>one of the worlds best surgeons
>learned from the most prestigious institutions and profound tutors
>very intelligent and billionaire
>Is dis our mantra :DDDDD??
>>
I felt it was an anti-phone-driving message.
>>
>>84415244
prett good film desu
>>
>>84415244
>Doctors are autistic assholes
Really sets the puzzler wuzzlin'.
>>
>>84415357
That mantra joke was pretty damn funny come on now
>>
>one of the smartest men in the world
>a shape thinker, a passionate lover
>handsome, daring, courageous, talented
>spends his time shitposting on 4chan /tv/
me irl
>>
>>84415244
>intelligent people never do stupid shit
>>
It's firmly established that he was arrogant and narcissistic. He never thought that HE could get into an accident.
>>
>>84415490
My best friend was a top-of-his-field computer programmer. He was also arrogant and narcissistic. He also liked to take GHB. He never thought that HE would die of an overdose.
>>
>>84415490
I think it's a bad way of forcing him to face his shitty attitude. He was "just" careless, the car accident has nothing to do with him being arrogant unless you want to force that message.
I mean, unless you imply that the same message would apply if the accident was him slipping on a banana peel while walking and texting.
>>
>>84415568
His recklessness is a clear product of his arrogance as demonstrated in the way he performs complex surgeries while doing stupid trivia quizzes. Don't cry about it because you failed to pick up on it. We can't all have a genius level IQ.
>>
>>84415244
no street smarts, it happens.
>>
>chaos god from a hell dimension
>doesn't torture doctor quips
>just kills him painlessly a few times and then gives up
May as well not show him at all. Worst superhero movie in a long time
>>
>>84415608
I dunno man, he was arrogant but at the same time excellent at his job and saved lives. I don't really see what fate would demonstrate by fucking his hands up.
>>
File: el gato mezzican.jpg (66KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
el gato mezzican.jpg
66KB, 550x412px
I liked how they didn't make him this immediatley likable, do no wrong sort of hero at the beginning. He was an asshole. A flawed, regular person with a giant ego. You normally don't see that in capeshit.
The movie wasn't perfect, but I think his character arc was nicley done.
>>
>>84415702
except that was what tony stark was.
>>
>>84415702
>I liked how they made yet another Iron Man character
Jesus christ
>>
I didn't really like this movie as much as I wanted to. Dr. Strange doesn't really seem all that strange to me, and his powers have the vaguest definition so far. "It's just magic xD" is such a boring and unfulfilling explanation.

We get no sense of boundaries at all. When everything's just "magic", what's stopping this guy from magically creating a fireball that rivals the sun in size and dropping it on anyone he doesn't like?

Instead he shoots small water-gun streams of visual effects the entire movie.
>>
>>84415544
Oh, and this was the last movie we watched together. I think it was the last time I saw him alive.

I can never watch this movie again, which is a shame because the effects were incredible in 3D.
>>
>>84415746
well to be honest in the comic books Strange used to be pretty overpowered
>>
>>84415742
They made Iron Mad immediately likeable, at least the tried harder to make Strange a prick.

The movie really fucked up in a lot of ways but Strange was mostly okay.
>>
>>84415722
>>84415742
Tony didn't change though. He's still an arrogant asshole who reeeees as soon as anyone disagrees with him.
>>
>>84415722
>>84415742
That's not true though. Tony Stark was charming and likeable from the get-go, even if he was self-absorbed and arrogant. There were audible gasps in the audience by contrast when Strange was shouting at Christine.
>>
>>84415405
I agree, I legitimately did not see it coming.
>>
>>84415774

Yeah he feels like the Superman of the Marvel universe except that you at least have some clear definition of where Superman's powers begin and end.

Superman is essentially Jesus on crack, but has a huge problem with green rocks.

Strange is essentially God on crack with no weakness or limitations.

For fucks sake the climax of the movie is literally catching the god of a different dimension in an eternal time-paradox.

Why the fuck do the Avengers even need to exist when we have Deus Ex Machina: The Character?
>>
>>84415783
>there are still good things in your life (or something like that)
>What, like you?

Audible gasps in the theater, which I got a real kick out of. I've never heard another Marvel hero say such a dickish thing.

It's a shame they had to bring her back for a tacky, shitty, obnoxious romance that cluttered the second act.
>>
>>84415815
Because the Avengers don't know he exists.
>>
>>84415817
Eh? She still barely had a role in the movie. He had more important things to do, like Tilda Swinton.
>>
>>84415815
The thing about these magic characters is that they don't really rely on sheer power but on outsmarting each other. Strange is so powerful because some of his enemies are extradimensional gods that could destroy the universe very easily.
Although I though they really wasted Dormammu in this movie, the way he beats him is actually interesting instead of the usual punches and lasers.
>>
>>84415244
>talented and successful people don't do stupid shit

One of our best client at work killed himself because he was toying with his mistress while drivng and lost control of car.
>>
>>84415840
The entire hospital part was stupid as fuck, and their relationship went nowhere. It was only there so he could have some closure and to show that he wasn't gay.
>>
The guy who invented the segway drove off a cliff while on a segway.

ease that in
>>
>>84415742
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffc6y_yzOU8
>>
>>84415827

But does that matter? I don't remember precisely if he rewinds time at the end of his movie (he does something in some Asian district but I was well zoned-out by then), but if he has this power at his fingertips why the fuck does this world NEED anyone?

And I remind you: he jailed Satan from a place called the Dark Dimension in a fucking time-paradox until Satan agreed to fuck off.

>>84415847

I will give you that it was "interesting". At least it did something a little different from all the other capeshit we see, and it was nice to see a hero beat a villain by not being stronger or better than them, but by being clever and taking advantage of their poorly defined superhero mechanics.

That being said, I don't think I like Dr. Strange. Not because of the movie as much as the source material. It's just boring when you hook a guy up messiah-tier powers.

Say what you want about Tony Stark, but at least he feels like he has some real weaknesses and can't arm-wrestle the anti-christ in his spare time.
>>
>>84415867

>things that aren't true that retards constantly fucking say anyway
>>
>>84415244
>>
>>84415893
Who are you quoting
>>
>>84415847
>the way he beats him is actually interesting instead of the usual punches and lasers.

>timeless god gets bored after like 15 deaths
Maybe I missed something, but why not go for a few million repetitions and see if Strange doesn't go insane somewhere along the line
It's not like time is pressing since it's an endless loop
>>
File: 1410777837548.jpg (83KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1410777837548.jpg
83KB, 700x714px
My biggest problem with this movie is still that the trial he had to endure in exchange for unlimited power was to wait outside a door for six fucking hours.

Six fucking hours. The he became a god. It's not so much that moment tickling my autism as it is that moment telling you all you need to know about the rest of the film; everything is perfunctory, nothing is earned.
>>
>>84415951
Maybe he dude and maybe he did... whoa....
>>
>>84415951
Its almost as if the montage was meant to illustrate that Strange died MORE than 15 times.

Wow...
>>
>>84415244
Why did this feel like the most generic mcu film ever?
>>
>>84416035
The point still stands
Strange is a mere human bean, his brain can't take getting killed over and over and over for all eternity
>>
>>84415244
>arrogant, full of himself know it all douche decides to drive fast in his expensive car and half pay attention to the road

It's honestly not that hard to believe.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (915KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
915KB, 500x200px
>>84415702
Ah, tequila and cat piss. I've had that before. They called it a Pusy Mexicano
>>
>>84416063
And Dormamu couldn't take existing through an eternity of the same moment. Strange didn't need to live through an eternity of deaths. He just had to outlast his adversary.
>>
Nevermind that, let's discuss how severe that accident was, and how besides his hands he barely got fucked up.
>>
>>84415857
>t. just watched the RLM review
>>
>>84416063
IIRC nothing implied that he retain the memory of each death, each loop he resetted his conscience. Dormammu noticed everything because he's stronger.
>>
File: 1294580571126.jpg (40KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1294580571126.jpg
40KB, 250x239px
>>84415342
>>
Should've let Agamotto take the wheel
>>
>>84416270
Agamotto helps those who help themselves.
>>
File: Wew lad.png (516KB, 1197x676px) Image search: [Google]
Wew lad.png
516KB, 1197x676px
>>84415817
>>84415783
Honestly it was one of the better verbal fights/arguments in the MCU and actually had some back behind it.

You can just fucking tell Cumberbatch has been in that exact argument before IRL, homeboy wasn't acting there.
>>
>>84416133
I was considering that, but I faintly remember him saying something indicating that he does retain the memories
Might be wrong though, which would explain the scene
>>
>>84416113
Killing some puny mortal is quite less taxing on the mindthan getting violently murdered, though
>>
File: 523262515.png (1MB, 872x618px) Image search: [Google]
523262515.png
1MB, 872x618px
Who is the more arrogant, narcissistic know-it-all doctor? Who wins in an elitist-off?
>>
>>84415867
Actually it was the guy who bought the segway company from the inventor who did that.
>>
>>84416051
Because it was like the 14th one?
I don't really understand how anyone finds it any more generic, or hell, worse, than any of the others. At least we got a halfway decent end battle with the rewind special effects and a cool twist on an end baddie battle like GotG
>>
>Billionaire

Um,no.
>>
>>84416341
Because of his great power, Dormamu had never experienced weakness or fear. When confronted with both by someone who had a power over him, and couldn't be cowed, his courage collapsed. Because he didn't really have any.
>>
File: ghost cunt.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ghost cunt.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>84415244
The deepest lore
>>
>>84415951
There's a deleted scene where Strange remarks that they've gone through the loop over a thousand times.
>>
File: EPIC.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EPIC.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>84416469
woah

>YOU SHALL NOT PASS
>>
>>84416132
Nope, actually. Was that one of their complaints?
>>
>>84415342
I liked taht it wasn't a tragical accident, like oh my god, I got hurt trying to save a little puppy from a car crash or some drunk bastard that hits him and he later forgives him and help with his rehab... no, he just fucked it up. It's kinda brave for the capeshit genre
>>
>>84416341
Nigga he was new to experiencing the sensation of time, he existed outside of it and thus he couldn't comprehend being stuck there forever.
>>
>>84416532
From what I recall that was the canonical comic version too.
>>
>>84415790
I knew that joke literally years ago from the first trailer of the first sneak peak from the official trailer
>>
>>84416558
I was going to ask that. But I guess he wasn't downloading a pdf from his smart phone in the 70's comics
>>
>>84415244
yeah smart and successful people make dumb decisions quite often actually

bigger question is how could this movie gone from a 6.5 to a 9? a better villain reveal or less about dormammu being the baddy at the end and more so Kaecilius being the bigger payoff.
>>
>>84415244
yeah that car crash was so out of character
>>
>>84416664
Yeah. But the origin arc was the same.
>>
>>84416343
>new york
>new jersey

No one in the northeast should ever be sick or die from any disease ever with these guys around.
>>
I cant bring myself to watch it. Likr all the avengers and marvel movies but I look at this and just think I'd cringe.
>>
>>84416694
People who are very talented and intelligent think they'll never fuck up, because they've gone a long time successfully avoiding it. But inevitably they do.
>>
>>84416724
You're a faggot. I find every marvel movie more and more boring since the avengers, but I really liked this one and I now regret I didn't watch it in a big screen.
>>
>>84415244
>he's book smart so he must have common sense
"intelligent" people do dumb fucking things all the time. This guy was at the height of his arrogance when the crash happened, thinking nothing could go wrong, that he was invincible. There's no flaw here.
>>
>>84416751
Fight me then I bang girls all the time
>>
>>84416343
sheldor
>>
>>84416724
It was fantastic in the theatre. It actually used 3D properly, instead of as a gimmick. So well in fact that a lot of the movie won't translate back into 2D.
>>
>>84416800
I bang youre mom all the time, I don't need any other girl, she's a real player
>>
>>84415342
>tfw to intelligent too crash a car
>>
>>84416729
Yeah, and god complexes are especially common in doctors and teachers.
>>
>>84415321
my main critique is that the film was paper thin - just like the comic nobody read and was boring as shit.
>>
>>84416316
>homeboy
if he wasn't you would have noticed a change in her face
>>
>>84417243
Is this true? makes sense.
>>
File: MasturbationAtItsBest.jpg (135KB, 915x578px) Image search: [Google]
MasturbationAtItsBest.jpg
135KB, 915x578px
>>84415430
MOM!!!!!
S-S-SOmeone i*breathes in*-is pretending to be me again on the internet.
>I can't help you sweety, to busy with the plumber *aowha*

*Sighs*
I have to going to do this; the corporate way.
*tweets @jack who shadowbans you from behind*
Shouldn't have used the nickname my dad gave me.
*smirks*
>>
>>84417925
He means the lines were delivered so believable that it seems like he wasn't even acting. Not that he was literally telling Rachel McAdams she was a worthless nobody
>>
>>84415244
This plot point made sense. He was an arrogant jackass character in the start of the movie, and the crash scene is just a product of his overconfidence. Pride comes before the fall (off a cliff in a flaming wreck).

I didn't really like the movie overall, but I think it's just a case of Origin Story fatigue than anything to do with the setup they used. Nobody actually needs an origin story spelled out, and with very few exceptions, they tend to be the same formulaic dreck over and over. Somebody needs to tell Marvel execs about this hot new writing technique called "in media res".

Literally all the complaints about this film trace back to it being shoehorned into an origin story format. The villains are one dimensional because they had no time to develop them, because they spent the most of the first hour on Doctor MuhHands, and most of the second on Hogwarts. The overwhelming majority of it is stuff that we don't need to know to enjoy a Doc Strange movie. What was Rachel McAdams doing? Why was there even a love interest in this movie?? What the hell does ANYTHING have to do with Vietnam!?!?!
>>
>>84416729
It's a subset of confirmation bias. Yes, it's a thing.
>>
>>84420404
I know. No one is immune.
>>
>>84415342

>Be intelligent person
>Be best at what I do
>Bring people back from the dead and shit
>Start thinking I'm beyond all error
>Go full retard while driving
>Get fukt

Hubris, nigga
>>
>>84415544
>>84415769

That sucks, m8
>>
>>84415815

>Strange is essentially God on crack with no weakness or limitations.

Not knowing much about him from comics, I suppose you could argue that it's a necessity since he deals with gods such as Dormammu for a living.
>>
How long did it take for him to get good
One of my main gripes is that for being all about Time, it doesn't even tell you how much time passes when he trains
>>
>>84421935
yeah they really dropped the ball on this point, it felt like a matter of days the way it was shown
>>
>>84415815
Comic book writers have been juggling this problem for years. It's all about having appropriately scaled threats for the different characters. Strange can't deal with Avenger problems, because he's got his own shit going on. Hulk or Ironman could easily take out the enemies from Daredevil, but they're busy fighting aliens. And so on.
>>
Anons what is your favorite power cap?
I hate stuff like DBZ where everyone can one shot a planet easy peasy

I'm ok with MCU/DCEU's power cap
>>
>>84416469
I kinda dig that. Reminds me a bit of the original source from Groundhog Day where he lives 1000 lifetimes trapped in the timeloop, reads every book in the library multiple times, etc.

>>84416712
>new york
>new jersey
Why does everyone think people from new jersey are british? That's WEIRD, Hollywood.
>>
>>84422069
>I'm ok with MCU/DCEU's power cap
>Implying MCU has a power cap
>Or the DCU
ummmmm
>>
>>84415342
I'm out. I can't stand the retarded.
>>
Who's the DC equivalent of Dr Strange?
>>
>>84422214
idk Dr. Fate?
He's kind of a prick but looks cool
>>
>>84422214
I actually want to say it's Ra's, even though he's (usually) a villain. Similar vibe, similar haircut.
>>
>>84415244
It was beauty who killed the beast
>>
>>84422214
The Martian
>>
>>84422186
I mean like, most powerful guy to root for is Vision?
Superman as well. It's an alright power limit or whatever
>>
>>84422326
you forgot your period jack black screencap there, bud.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.