[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite obscure "tropes" in movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What are your favorite obscure "tropes" in movies? I mean moment which happen sometimes in movies or tv that aren't really cliche always make you happy to see.

Mine is when a reluctant character fully commits themselves to a new costume/act when nobody expects them too and they end up really enjoying it or doing well at it. I can barely think of examples, but Crichton in "Crackers Don't Matter" comes close. It's basically this massive triumph of silliness culminating in him fucking impaling the villain of the week with a sword, and it feels earned and awesome. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>84414324
Best episode.
>>
>>84414348

Yes. I love when the villain is screaming about needing more light and how his people are everywhere but they are never seen again in the series. It's just so good.

The last lift of the sword after complaining is one of my favorite moments in tv history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3Egh1p6GQ
>>
>>84414324
Damn I have nothing to add but I know exactly what you mean and that's a great thread idea.
>>
>>84414324
Hancock fits your trope
I personally like when everything goes completely silent before a really loud noise, like an explosion, or something crashing through the wall, or a monster roaring or something.
>>
I swear this is a trope but I can't prove it but the super intelligent and suave bad guy happens to be gay as if to insinuate that fucking women is just too easy for him.
>>
>>84415540
and it makes him more eccentric. It's definitely a thing.
>>
>>84415540
The bad guy in Skyfall.
>>
When The antagonist from an older movie returns to help the protagonist fight the new villain

Rocky III for excample
>>
When the girl laugh when se gets the cumshot on the face
>>
>>84414467
>scarran fag detected
>>
TV Series is trying to be as realistic as possible,
High stakes.
Its dangerous.

Suddenly kill off a main character, BAM,
No fanfare,
No long speaches or goodbyes,
Just BAM they're dead and everything keeps going.

Best example i can think of was Derek's death in the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

No foreshadowing or anything just fucking terminated.
None of this Cliffhanger "NEXT EPISODE SOMEONE WILL DIE" then a minor character bleeds out to the side or some shit like that.

Walk round corner,
Terminator pops him in head,
He goes down like a sack of shit.
Everyone too busy running the fuck away.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.