[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first season without Fargo is always the hardest. Now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Fargo.jpg (499KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo.jpg
499KB, 1000x815px
The first season without Fargo is always the hardest. Now that the dust settled, where does season 3 fall in the Fargoverse? In my opinion, S1 > film > S3 > S2
>>
File: 1492917903252.png (245KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492917903252.png
245KB, 287x400px
>>84399057
First week, I meant to say. now I've completely ruined the thread, fuck me
>>
2,1,3,f
>>
1 > F > 2 > 3
>>
S1 > F > S2 > S3

even though it was definitely the weakest of the series so far, it's still miles better than pretty much anything else on television this year barring Twin Peaks. Fargo is what True Detective wished it could have been and is the gold standard for an anthology series. I don't know if Noah Hawley will (or even should) do another season but I applaud him and his team for what they've done.
>>
>>84399057
Season 1 and 2 do things very differently but are tied because they both nailed the fuck out of the characters and atmosphere.

Season 3 didn't come close when it comes to atmosphere and characters.

Season 1 and 2 felt like a new world where the things happening could only happen when all these unique people clashed. Everything was organic, it never felt like a show or people were acting for the most part.

Season 3 was the opposite, everything was forced, it looked fake despite nothing overtly outlandish going on.

Emmit, ray and sye were terrible, lady cop was boring, henchman were caricatures with zero originality or style.

I get the theme and writing of S3 was good but for gods sake overall it fell horribly flat.

Try and rewatch it if you don't believe me
>>
Film>Season 2>Season 1>Season 3

All great
>>
>>84399480
I'm planning on marathoning the entire series, I really didn't feel that way on the first viewing of S3 but it will be good to examine it side by side with the first 2 seasons.
>>
>>84399532
someone should do a series stream, any volunteers?
>>
>>84399532
Season 3 did a good job with the last 2 or 3 episodes and especially the finale. And don't get me wrong it was still better than most tv by a mile, but there is no way it holds up against the magic that was captured throughout the entire seasons of 1 and 2.

Season 2 is imo the best example of pacing I have seen in a tv show in a long time.. maybe ever
>>
You faggots really couldn't Ctrl + F? There's a Fargo thread already
>>84393422
>>>84393422
Don't turn into the new TwinPeakfags
>>
>>84399480
>Sy was terrible
>>
>>84399219
Correct, well done
>>
>>84399057
the film is great, the first season was ok, the rest is shit
>>
film > 2 > 1 >>> 3
>>
>>84399057
season 1
DUDE FISH LMAO
>>
1 > 2 > 3 > movie

The last episodes of season 1 were fucking intense I had to shower two times because my armpits were sweating due to excitement as I'm willing to get pass the teleporting lorne malvo throughout the episodes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.