[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this such an underrated film? You never see it discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: capricorn-one.14889.jpg (268KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
capricorn-one.14889.jpg
268KB, 1000x1500px
Why is this such an underrated film? You never see it discussed with other classics from its era.
>>
File: hide!.gif (1MB, 168x120px) Image search: [Google]
hide!.gif
1MB, 168x120px
>>84389579
Good film but it sadly feeds the dim Moon-Truthers so better to just watch and enjoy it without bringing it up.

My only complaint about the production is the sloppy edit that puts those choppers so close that their blades would be hitting each other.
>>
>>84389680
I guess it does attract the morons that use it to reinforce their stupid conspiracies instead of treating it as a fun thriller.
>>
I only heard about it when the director was on that OJ documentary. Was it actually good?
>>
File: winter_kills.jpg (474KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
winter_kills.jpg
474KB, 960x1440px
It totally is underrated. So many films are.

Have you actually watched many 70's thrillers? I mean they are mostly objectively speaking 9/10 fucking amazing movies.

Goddamnit it /tv/, the 70's was the best decade without doubt.
>>
>>84389781
It's really good. Far better than you'd expect.
>>
>>84389579
The ending was a cop-out. They show up at their own funeral? Really? That's it?It kind of ruined it IMO.

>>84389781
OJ had a critical supporting role. I thought his scenes in the desert were pretty ham-fisted when he's supposed to be lamenting over his fate and being chased by badguys. But overall a surprisssingly solid performance. He had much more to do in this movie than he did in any of the Naked Gun movies.
>>
>>84389944
How would you have done the ending?
>>
>>84389944
>OJ had a critical supporting role.

He killed it.
>>
>>84390234
OJ could have cut the film like he did that woman
>>
>>84390375
You mean allegedly.
>>
>>84390234
I don't know how it was intended to end on the first draft/original source, but I guess I would have shown at least a few combined press reports/footage of the aftermath and maybe a few shots of Hal Holbrook and the VP being frogmarched away and maybe tie up the loose end of the news reporter side story... It makes me wonder if it had something to do with Watergate being so recent before this was made that the studio wanted to stay away from the accountability blamegame that would have happened in real life if NASA had been caught faking a mars landing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.