[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What self-respecting TV show ends the season only at 8 episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 15

File: promo317323801.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo317323801.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
What self-respecting TV show ends the season only at 8 episodes and with a cliffhanger that's literally all the characters gathering and introducing themselves?

>answer: American gods
>>
wow
>>
The show is good but has so much cringe moments god damn that explicit muslim gay sex scene, that long stories that nobody cares about it, that Gillian Anderson as marilyn monroe or david bowie and so many more
>>
>>84384436
The sex scene is in the book and more explicit, ending with the Jinn cumming in the guys mouth.

I like the stories of how the gods got to America.
>>
File: PicMonkey-Collage.jpg (71KB, 535x416px) Image search: [Google]
PicMonkey-Collage.jpg
71KB, 535x416px
I just watched the last ep assuming that it was the one which concluded the story, because while I hated most of the book, I thought that the almost needless epilogue was still alright

they really went full-retard with the length of this series; 7/8 hours would've been more than enough to properly tell it to completion

also Ian Mcshane almost looks like a granny lesbian. His casting is accurate but the looks are way off the mark
>>
>>84384507

I still don't even understand what happened to the guy. Got filled with firejizz and then what?
>>
where is Czernabog?
>>
>>84384240
>What self-respecting TV show ends the season only at 8 episodes
A good one.
>with a cliffhanger that's literally all the characters gathering and introducing themselves
the one that doesn't take itself too seriously
>>
remember that time when a legitimately good show dropped but it had a scene that triggered alt-right pussies so you couldn't talk about it on 4chan
>>
>>84384240
>odin looks sicilian
i dont even know why i watched this shit
>>
>>84384240
>establishes in episode one that he's Odin
>goes on a journey with fantastical shit happening everywhere
>"you wouldnt be leave me if i told you who i was"
>makes a grandiose """reveal""" that he is, indeed, Odin in the last episode

does Shadow have downs syndrome or whats up?
>>
>>84385529
>I just watched the last ep assuming that it was the one which concluded the story, because while I hated most of the book, I thought that the almost needless epilogue was still alright

how could you think this was going to conclude the story if you've read the book, they're only a little bit through the main story thread at this point
>>
>>84385646
Thoth and Anubis are black

Queen of Sheba is Nigerian

REALLY weird casting choices
>>
>>84385648
He doesn't say Odin just names that he goes by besides Odin

I didn't know he was Odin until the last episode
>>
>>84384240
OOOOOOOODIIIIIIIN
>>
>>84385573
They basically switched lives. His wish was granted.
>>
>>84385650
I didn't know they were moving it at a snail's pace
>>
File: 5399.jpg (507KB, 2048x1493px) Image search: [Google]
5399.jpg
507KB, 2048x1493px
>>84385684
Anubis is literally black
>>
According to a video I saw with the cast and Fuller, it was supposed to be 9 episodes but they went over budget. If it seems weird they didn't make it to the House on the Rock now you know why. They also said the Odin "reveal" was originally in episode 4 but it messed with Shadow's arc so it became their backup ending.
>>
>>84385707
please be bait, I've joked that the average audience is retarded and will need to be told flat out eight times before it sticks, too sad if it's true.

the big rocket with ODIN on it should have been the final clue an idiot needed
>>
>>84385707
did u make me a trolling or are you truly that stupid, is this the american education system at work

even if you disregard the fact that his name is "Odins day" there are basically a dozen hints sprinkled around throughout the season
>>
>>84385761
He's a fucking Black Jackal not person
>>
It's structured like a typical shonen anime. The protags' midterm goal is a godsmoot, and the final goal is a victorious war for hegemony, but you have to watch all the wacky hijinx and detours filling in between.

Highlight of the season was the interrogation room sequence culminating in offering to rebrand Odin into a guidance satellite for icbms against 25 million Best Koreans.
>>
>>84385823
>his name is "Odins day"

No its Wednesday
>>
>>84385684
>>84385684
The show obviously preaches lefty cultural values. BUT I love the book, Neil Gaiman, and the show does enough right that it's forgivable.

It gets a lot of bonus points from right wingers and independence for including the bit about white indentured servitude, which is virtually never covered by the history books or the media.

That and casting is perfect and even the detours and new material I like.

So long tangent aside.

Being a show based on lefty values, it makes sense to cast Egyptians as black, the blacks always like to usurp the Egyptians culture. Queen of Sheba likewise. She was also African but Saba were a Semitic people.

And though I think Ricky Whittle (name?) does great as Shadow moon, it doesn't make sense to have a black in the role of a god from the Norse/Germanic pantheon...
>>
>>84385859
>Wednesday
>Woden's day
>Scot-Gaelic for Odin
>>
>>84385872
>And though I think Ricky Whittle (name?) does great as Shadow moon, it doesn't make sense to have a black in the role of a god from the Norse/Germanic pantheon...

Shadow moon is a god?
>>
>>84385851
>Highlight of the season was the interrogation room sequence culminating in offering to rebrand Odin into a guidance satellite for icbms against 25 million Best Koreans.
oh so that's what they meant by that

i guess i'm just retarded because i didn't get it at all, i didn't understand how nuking north korea would help him rebrand
>>
>>84385778
You'd have to be really into mythology or purposely Google it to know that Wednesday had to do with Odin or the names the other gods refer to him by are alternate versions of Odin.

At least until they put his name the rocket
>>
>>84385896
Because I fucking know that off the top of my head
>>
>>84385707
Actually, like in the book, there's CONSTANT hints and virtually every line from Wednesday makes it blatantly apparent that he's Odin. I liked how the books mostly just implied who most of them were without saying outright.

If I recall right, the notion that he's Odin isn't even spelled out until near the end of the book.

I think it was dumbing it down a bit to have the grand declaration of war being him just shouting his name like some retarded Power Ranger.

I think they should have just left it obscure and let it be a test of intellgience whether they pick up on who these people represent.
>>
>>84385872

I know its a joke and all but the so called reddit spacing you use is quite annoying to be honest whether its from reddit or not.
>>
>>84385930
yup youre a retard
there ought to be a webm of that scene, it was easily the most original thing ive seen on television this season. koreans sacrificed to odin told in anime form
>>
>>84385927
Do you really want this spoiled?

I believe he's a demigod if I remember right and though the book never even explicityly spells out who Shadow is, he's story distinctly aligns with a Nordic god (maybe demigod).
>>
>>84385872
What god is shadow moon? I dont know much about Norse mythology
>>
>>84385937
the fact he had a fake eye and was a god kinda should've been enough for anyone.
>>
>watch a show entitled american gods
>not even wonder which characters would be masquerading as which gods
>the educational system of you
>>
>>84385937
seriously is american education this bad or am I being reeled in hard?

this is primary school stuff, as in literally learned it in primary school, basic mythology.
>>
>>84385859
You have to know a bit of etymology to break that down. Wednesday came from Wodansday in a more archaic form of English. Which means quite literally Odin's day. And likewise Thursday is Thor's day.

That, the one eye, and the talking with Ravens should have been enough for someone who knows basic mythology to unwrap it.
>>
>>84386096
>is american education this bad
yep
>>
>>84384240
pos legion ppl were praising that show and saying it amazing yea no.
>>
>>84386012
Baldur, god of heroes. Who if I recall right, is the son of Odin and a mortal woman, making him a demigod, not a full blooded god.

Now, even the book doesn't spell this out fully, you have to piece it together, but the show probably will because it dumbs down a lot of the mystique (that being said, I still love the show).
>>
They purposefully neutered Christianity in this it seems to make it less powerful to not add it on to the power dynamic

The idea that "every group prays to a different jesus" is neat but wouldn't every different group pray to a different Odin? A different Easter? There should be like 50 Odins and Easters like Jesus. But no there are only one.

What about Muslims and Protestants who believe in a high god (non-trinity)? Wouldn't theres be super fucking powerful considering its powered by millions if not billions of prayers and deaths?

Abrahamic god would easily beat out the New gods or the Old gods in power in terms of followers. Do they address this in the book?
>>
>>84386096
Most schools wouldn't cover Nordic mythology to the point you get to alternate names for Odin. It's mostly Greek/Roman mythology unless you take a specific class on mythology.
>>
>>84385927
in the show the gf literaly is worshiping mutliple times it hints that shadow is a god, if not demi. fuck this shit site, im going to bed
>>
>>84386170
There are other Odins in the book.

Wednesday is just one in America
>>
>>84386198
I was thinking more the basic days of the week desu, not knowing all the different names etymology

odin is wednesday, thor is thursday etc.
>>
>>84386012
>>84385927

He's the fallen brother of Black Sun.
>>
>>84386170
dont over think it. it has flaws but its still pretty good story telling. most tv shows have flaws and shit just ignore it and call it style. one example fargo s3.
>>
>>84386247
Maybe. Not sure I ever learned it and I don't know what class that would be in. World history maybe?

Although, I am finishing up my PhD so it doesn't seem to have held me back too much.
>>
>>84386244
oh okay thats good then

What about the fact that billions of people pray to the abrahamic god (not jesus)
>>
>>84386170
the show establishes a clear and straight forward logic as to what causes gods to exist, which the monotheistic gods don't follow. A clear set of acts performed in exchange for tangible real-world effects. All the scripture surrounding monotheist gods claim they've already done everything and will continue to do everything regardless of what people pray for.

As such, yaweh, allah, etc, don't exist an a hundred jesuses get made.
>>
>>84384240
I AM ODIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>84386362
thinks jesus interfers in ppls lives? how is he not the same as Allah etc.
>>
>>84386350
I don't think they address the Abrahamic god much.

Tbh there's a lot of shadow by himself fucking around in a small town this point in the books
>>
File: jh.jpg (96KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
96KB, 612x408px
>>84385710
>>84386385
Is it just me or did the cloud cgi of Odin's face first resemble John Hurt before turning into McShane's face Subtle tribute? Maybe even a reference he was prioritized as Wednesday before his death?
>>
>>84386362
that kind of a cop out

I think he knew allah/yaweh would be too powerful and fuck up the dynamic
>>
So is spic heysus permadead because he was slain by a Vulcan bullet? Or did any of you spot him at Easter's manse? I'm not bothering to rewind.
>>
>>84386398
Well Jesus isn't the same as Allah because Jesus exists in Islam just not as the son of God.

There does seem to be a lack of sacrifice to the AbrahamIic god besides maybe tithing, but that might not be enough. Like Odin in the first scene it took a lot to get that wind going
>>
>>84386486
so cause jesus gets 10% or w/e from tithe at church he exists in this world?
>>
>>84386484
He was there, people keep praying to him so he is created again.
>>
>>84386486
>There does seem to be a lack of sacrifice to the AbrahamIic god besides maybe tithing, but that might not be enough

Literally millions killed in his name

Syria, Yemen, Somalia

The Abrahamic god would be too powerful so he couldn't exist within the books universe so they didn't put it in
>>
>>84386430
Vulcan, on the show, mentioned that Odin had once sacrificed himself and been reborn. I would imagine that was his previous incarnation.

Perhaps they'll flesh that out more. They originally intended for this show to run 3 seasons. They have to pad things out a lot to make 3 seasons from a novel. Now they're talking about 5 seasons. If so, they'll probably be a lot more fleshing out of the peripheral characters (which I don't mind, it's actually the best part of the show). I'd like to see more Czernobog.
>>
>>84386506
It might also be because the Abrahamic god is more abstract, less iconography in general.

Jesus was at least "man" and people can more easily conceptualize that.
>>
>>84386528
finaly a real answer that makes sense. Certainly would ruin the show. Tbh Mr world should be most powerful since everything we do on earth should be praise to him. living etc.
>>
>>84386508
Aight. Jesuses would probably side with the new gods, what with televangelism and all, is my guess for S2. I've never read the novel.
>>
>>84386568
yea but wouldnt that go to the technology god?
>>
>>84386528
>Syria, Yemen, Somalia
This takes place in America. The gods exist in other parts of the world. He may be more powerful/different in those regions.

The Odin in Scandinavia has a different personality than the one we know in America.
>>
>>84386587
more media. that's the new god pattern, they want all the other gods as subsidiaries to them.
>>
>>84386596
u telling me the only reason the american odin exists cause a bunch of people who believed in odin moved to america?? if this is true this show just gets worse and worse the more i understand.
>>
>>84386568
Televangelist is more media I think.

There may be Jesus on both sides
>>
>>84386623
so every god is a Subsidiary of mr world then? they wouldnt exist without him then, so should praise mr world. shit show IMO
>>
What about Catholic Jesus who is also god and has gods powers?

Wouldn't he exist in America? Wouldn't he be pretty powerful since all Catholics see him basically the same (Mexican/black Catholics mostly pray to fair skinned jesus).

Catholics are 22% of the population here so he'd be powerful.
>>
>>84386648
exactly. no belief moves in the world without supply and demand, and mr. world is simply globalized supply-side economics
>>
>>84386626
It is literally explained in the first scene.

Viking explorers brought him here when they arrived in America because they sacrificed to him while in America in order to have a favorable wind to return home.

The Vulcan god is a little more problematic as to how he got here. I doubt there were followers of old Greek mythology when they emigrated to the US. It takes actual belief to spawn them
>>
>>84385729

So is he a jinn or some shit then? Why would he tell himself "I don't grant wishes" after being filled with spicy jizz?
>>
>>84386657
He does exist, but when people pray they naturally imagine a Jesus like themself so you get multiples
>>
>>84386698
So wait when they were praying to odin from homeland. he didnt respond they created a completly new seperate odin? fuck this show.
>>
>>84386699
He is a jinn. They say it directly.
>>
>>84386699
i think he means they switched lives, as in he now is a taxi driver. thats all they really switched not actual bodys.
>>
Are there multiple versions new gods? Like a Japanese god of tech? Or just one
>>
>>84386771
According to some of the fags posting in here. every country has its own god etc. shit show makes no sense. Basically a good idea stretched to far.
>>
>>84384240
Garbage show.
>>
>>84386743
No, they were praying to the Odin they knew but by sacrificing to him while in a new place they brought Odin to the new land.

It's really not that hard to grasp
>>
>>84386787
ok so ur saying the odin from there homeland stoped existing or swaped to america and lived there and no longer lived in the homeland. are u reading what your saying? im not saying your wrong but it makes no fucking sense to me.
>>
>>84385632
What show?
>>
>>84386771

E-sport Korean Chad god and fat American e-sport "god".
>>
>>84386805
this show?
>>
File: 1476231959236.png (608KB, 538x824px) Image search: [Google]
1476231959236.png
608KB, 538x824px
>>84384240
The Mad Sweeney episode was better than the finale. Can't believe it was only 8 episodes.
>>
>>84386801

He just moved and stayed there for whatever reason. Then another Odin sprung up I guess? This revelation of having duplicate gods is kind of dumb.
>>
>>84386801
stop pretending already, your asspain is palpable as fuck.

the metaphysics works like this: they spawn more easily where belief is strongest.

burgerland is the number won warmonger of the times so the god of war likes living in burgerland

vulcan accepted a deal that tied belief in him to gunpowder and explosives, he likes to live where those two things are made in abundance
>>
>>84386849
yes so basically its a shit show, with a great idea, stretched past the point of making sense. Style>substance.
>>
>>84386782
How does that make no sense? Why would a japanese god be in america?
>>
>>84386801
There are two. The one in the homeland continues to exist.

They are very different in the book.

He is Mr. Wednesday in America bc that is his only real form of influence here.

Each culture can imagine gods slightly differently and they have varying amounts of influence so different versions exist
>>
>>84386452
Or it allows a direction where monotheism was made specifically to get rid of gods.

Billions of people praying for literally nothing, etc.
>>
>>84386870
pretending to have a opinion? one different to you?
ok...
>>
>>84386886
Each culture? wait so the vikings who went to america and summoned him dont have the same culture as the ones from homeland? or are u saying that americanz believe in odin lol...
>>
>>84386899
>let me make it about how unique i am
lel asshurting intensifies
>>
>>84386771
yes, along with probably their own old gods and spirits from folklore like kappa and shit that have given up and spend their days molesting schoolgirls on the train, like mad sweeney is a drunk irish stereotype.
>>
>>84386870
But they are all different by appearance right?

The ONLY thing that is different about the jesuses are their appearance.

So if someone prays to the SAME god but in a different appearance a new god forms?

Thats so unbelievably stupid. How the fuck does anyone have the exact same version of a god. they would all differ

What happens if someone prays to odin with red hair in america? A red haired odin is created even though he is the exact same person as all of the other odins?
>>
>>84386937
if u say so, then it must be true right.
>>
>>84386927
plz stop
>>
>>84386947
this guy gets it
>>
>>84386947
based retard poster
>>
>>84386947
considering only one jesus was chilling in a pool getting drunk off transmuted wine, it kinda implies the jesuses all have different abilities.

Like one jesus is the guy who helps people find their car keys.
>>
>>84386947
youre arguing with yourself. it's cultural belief that characterizes a god, same as it colors a meme
>>
>>84386965
what you dont have a counter argument? if you disagree you know thats ok right we dont have to all have the same opinion.
>>
>>84386955
absolutely. not everyone fail at spotting retardation
>>
>>84386927
The day of the week Wednesday is derived from Odin's name. That's influence along with the original coming sacrifice that brought him here.

When Shadow is in Iceland, and he meets Odin, Odin tells him, "He was me, but I'm not him." Wednesday isn't the original.

He's become more of an Americanized version of that God which makes him power hungry, less wise, and more scheming.

In Iceland, where the Norse pantheon would be more understood, Odin himself appears, as he should appear
>>
damn alt-right is dumber than a nigger
>>
>>84387037
secretly your a retard and no one likes arguing with you for good reason.
>>
>>84386947
new testament Christianity is always built around personal jesuses, yo.

there's also the fact the bible fails to really define jesus, much less God, as an entity. Thus the idea there are tons of them is speaking to how everyone has their own take on what jesus is and does. Because no one reads the entire bible and tries to create a unified image of God and Jesus from it. Because that would either be impossible or result in a completely insane asshole god that doesn't give a fuck about your prayers and does nothing but completely random and unknowable things.
>>
>>84387044
sounds like a interesting idea/story. still seems like a shit show though.
>>
>some /ptg/ keyboard kid thinks he's doing the board a favor with his god-given 'arguments' near me
>>
>i must sway mass opinion away from this god-forsaken show
>o boy i am succeeding
lul
>>
>>84387154
>>84387108
If you didn't care you wouldn't post this. You seem like a pretty big looser.
>>
>>84387105
>>84386894
>monotheism tricked billions into praying to keep an omnipotent god from existing

chances starz has the balls for this: zero
>>
>i contribute to drumpf's society with my benign wisdom about popular culture carefully doled out to the masses
>>
>>84387233
Why even post you seem pretty fucked in the head. just close this thread if its really getting to you, i feel sorry for people like this.
>>
>>84387186
>You seem like a pretty big looser.

Unintentional irony is best irony.
>>
>>84385955
I read the book when I was 18 and didn't realize he was Odin until a ways in. Of course, now, if I were reading it the name Wednesday might give it away.
>>
>the high ground is mine and mine alone, for i am steward of correct opinion making. hear ye clods mine correct arguing
>>
>>84385828
So?
He's also NOT REAL.
>>
>>84384507
Isn't it just a blowjob that is explicit, the rest is basically "then they fucked"?
Been a while since I read it.
>>
>>84386771
Yes. The ending of the book is basically a confirmation of that.
>>
File: American-Gods-Featured-03092017.jpg (122KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
American-Gods-Featured-03092017.jpg
122KB, 970x545px
You know for all the bellyaching about black gay Muslim feminists, "life is just meaningfully less nihilism without religion" has gotta be the most right wing underlying premise a show has had in years
>>
>>84387536
you don't expect these kids with cerebral /pol/sy to actually pay attention, or even watch the show at all?

they just see there's a gay and a not white and a roastie and REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84387536
>meaningfully less
I fucking typed "meaningless" and you know it, 4chan
>>
>>84387715
That's what you get for insulting the Internet god
>>
>>84387536
the boss antagonist is also literally globalism.
everything is branding anyway, and these vod shows are meticulously demographically piecharted to make sure no subculture gets left out
>>
>>84384436
>american tv show
>gay muslim sex scene

can't make this shit, murica really is The Great Satan
>>
>>84386346
>Although, I am finishing up my PhD

As if that means anything
>>
>>84385684
I was under the impression that prior to the U.S. Civil War, Thoth and Anubis could appear as either black or white, but after the war, they only appeared as black. So, while I could be wrong, I think the casting is book accurate.
>>
>>84387863
why would they appear as either?
>>
>>84387914
it hinges on which pigmentation is doing the believing
>>
I will never understand why people cry so much in threads about this show
>>
>>84386566
The discrepancies between what you'd think Mr. World's power level would be and how he actually acts will get explained eventually. He's not a new god, let alone a legitimate "mr world" at all, he's just Loki doing a great job of tricking all the other gods.
>>
>>84388096
bit of a cop-out considering how many billionaires and the economies they have built believe in globalism. guess gaiman the scientologist was too much of a pussy and mental midget to put an interesting spin on such a complex idea. scientology benefits greatly from globalized model as well.

dropped.
>>
>>84385951
Uneducated fuck
>>
>>84386566
>>84388096
I thought Mr. World's concept isn't "the existence of earth," it's espionage

He's the embodiment of the CIA, the KGB, MI5, the NSA. That's why he knows everything and tries to control everything, and that's why he's growing in power over the last century as the concept of "spying" has evolved from saboteurs sending coded wax sealed letters by carrier pigeon to vast computer databases cataloging and timestamping every time a member of homo sapiens flushes a toilet in Iran
>>
>>84388203
I thought he was Information, making even dna within his purview. Espionage would be a downgrade now
>>
>>84388235
Either way that's a more similar concept than "he's earth, he's the living embodiment of Everest and the Sahara and the fjords and the massive amounts of inert nitrogen we breathe"
>>
>>84388294
i never subscribed to that simplistic literalist interpretation of his name, i just went with what the show shows he is capable of. he's either globalization or information, and the two are often intertwined, some would even argue dependent. if the showrunners take a different tact, or gaiman makes an official pronouncement saying otherwise, i wont give a shit.
>>
>>84385927
He's Baldur
>>
>>84387715
You are still retarded because meaningless nihilism is a pleonasm.
>>
>>84384240
It is as long as it needs to be. Anyway, they're doing another season.
>>
>>84385823
>Wotan (The Germanic equivalent to Odin)

Wotans Day
>>
>>84385872
The show's portrayal of indentured servitude goes directly against right wing narrative about how it was the exact same thing as slavery though.
>>
>>84386801
Religious settlers coming to America creates a clone of a god, imbued with all its memories up to that point.
The god created in America takes on the form dictated by the personal belief system of the people that brought it there at the time they arrived (however warped their perception might be) and evolves differently from there.
The original remains unaffected by this and stays in their homeland, evolving with the changes in belief in its homeland.

All Jesii are twin brothers up to a point.
Also, neither Allah nor Jesus nor Buddha nor YHWH joined ranks with the Old Gods in the book because as deities of major religions they still received more than enough worship to sustain themselves. The only gods that join are those with representation so minor they are on the edge of fading into obscurity.
>>
>>84386816
Technological Boy was a greasy katana-weilding Fedora slob in the book.
>>
>>84386698
it worked for the egyptian reaper.
>>
Emily Browning is absolutely hideous, and a terrible actor
>>
>>84388155
>>84388203
>>84388235
>>84388294
>>84388363

Yes but the point is he's only pretending to be that Those are all very real concepts and ideas but he is not actually born of them, he's just masquerading as them Which of course makes him stronger anyway as he is the god of lies and tricks There is no Mr. World. That's the point.
>>
>>84388900
I probably shouldn't have read those spoilers :/
>>
>>84388795
no she's cute and a mediocre actor
>>
>>84386927
Odin can survive without direct worship because he can sustain himself through sacrifice in war and virginity. Because he has spells, he can seduce women and make them dedicate themselves to him.
Czernobog sacrifices cows to himself at the slaughterhouse. Bilquis survives because she literally feeds on sex.
Gods with simple worshipping rules are gambling the system.
>>
>>84386947
>Your_own_personal_Jesus.mp3
>>
>>84388203
>>84388235

I thought he was supposed to represent globalization and consumerism, but since we live in an era where markets are driven by all sorts of consumer data he ends up knowing a lot about everyone. To Mr. World, who you are is what you buy and what you desire. He goes on that whole speech about repackaging products and selling them to a global audience, it comes off as very globalist.

He's more vague than the others for sure, but I don't think he represents information alone. Information, consumerism, trade, etc.
>>
>>84388900
>loki, god of tricksies, lies again, more at 11
it's been done, the only mildly interesting angle gaiman was pursuing was determining who the new gods of the millennium we now put our faith into, and what are the modern analogs of the gods of past cultures. playing loki straight is..just vanilla
>>
>>84388900

Seriously? Damn, well, I don't know what to think of this twist.
>>
>>84389077
The book kind of underplays it but the more you think about it, the cleverer it gets IMO. Crispin Glover has made cryptic comments about it, I imagine the show will play it a lot more directly.

I think it's perfect really, when you really about the concept of Mr. World. Reminds me of this quote from Alan Moore: "The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."
>>
>>84384436
>that long stories that nobody cares about it,
They're the only reason I kept watching it desu
>>
>>84385632
we used to discuss this show every fucking week
>>
>>84385684
Anubis actor was p good tho
>>
>>84385646
>>84385684
>>84385761
They very clearly establish that these are just versions that exist because people believe in them. There's probably white counterparts somewhere in the universe
>>
>>84389137
>the Jews aren't in control
Oh really? What a (((coincidence)))
>>
>>84388959
You got a thing for squared heads
>>
>>84389333
Its literally stated in the book that african americans are responsible for these versions of thoth and anubis
>>
>>84389390
I think Mr. World is a jew. (((/pol/))) should look into this
>>
>>84385684
Did you not watch the Jesus episode? Different Gods/ethnicity for different believes. There is even another Odin in the book.
>>
Am I a pleb or is this show 95% filler? I thought the first episode was excellent and was really excited for the rest of the series but then all the filler started piling in.
>>
>>84389477
It's a stealth anthology show. The "main plot", for 90% of its runtime, will just be there to facilitate the anthology-esque stories. Same as the book.
>>
>>84386768
>>84386756

Why did he look for another jinn when meeting the lepracaun or was that meeting before he met the first jinn? and simply new he was the taxi driver because leprcaun told him?
>>
>>84389477
There show is mediocre overall but that Mad Sweeney episode was pure KINO along with most of coming to America stories
>>
>>84389569
Same jinn
>>
File: 1497940327001.png (81KB, 729x441px) Image search: [Google]
1497940327001.png
81KB, 729x441px
Since the show exclusive have non-book characters like the god of fire, when will they introduce kek?
>>
>>84384240
sounds kino
>>
>>84389630
Who do you think is the toad skins that the Technical Boy smokes?
>>
File: IMG_7717.jpg (18KB, 384x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7717.jpg
18KB, 384x383px
>>84389660
Technical boy killed kek? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
is it worth watching?
>>
>>84389696
up til ep 5, there's a scene there that could make it sweep all tv awards. it's got dana scully, creepy thin man and swearingen all in one room
>>
>>84389448
>they actually kang'd them to be black

wew
>>
Should I read the novel? I mean I'm spoiling myself but is the novel decent?
>>
>>84389696

Yeah, if you don't mind that a boom is being split into multiple seasons so the main plot is a bit slow. As others have mentioned it's part anthology, and part narrative.
>>
>>84389808
*book
>>
File: BlackSheba-Text.jpg (40KB, 421x634px) Image search: [Google]
BlackSheba-Text.jpg
40KB, 421x634px
>>84385684
>Queen of Sheba is Nigerian

Not unprecedented
>>
File: 324324324.jpg (305KB, 932x1400px) Image search: [Google]
324324324.jpg
305KB, 932x1400px
>>84389859
Thats her as an Ethiopian who look much different from West Africans

But as people have pointed out African Americans envisioned her in America so its okay that she looks West African
>>
>>84384240
one that already have a second season planned
>>
File: 1498065410403.jpg (104KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498065410403.jpg
104KB, 620x420px
>wake up
>see this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJVI2K6a2jE starts playing
>someone says uh-ah-oh in the distance
Wat do?
>>
shouldnt technical boy be strongest? shouldnt he also be god of media?
>>
>>84390109
Without media technical boy wouldn't have any content. As any digital marketer can tell you, without content you don't get followers.
>>
any book people here why did odin need shadow anyway?

what I read

mr world is loki, He and odin secretly worked together to make the gods start war against eachother so odin could rise up in power and loki could feed on the chaos but shadow convinced the gods somehow not to fight
>>
>>84390221

Isnt he god of all tech all from phones and computer to microwaves and robotics?

But I guess in todays society media is still more worshipped
>>
>>84390263
Odin needed someone he could hedge his bets on and convince to carry the rest of the plan on his back.
Make sure the man has nothing left.
Convince him through shenanigans to fully commit to the compact at the bar. Shadow is convinced, believes Odin isn't bullshitting everyone. Continues doing what Odin wanted until his dreams with the Buffalo (The Earth) reveal the bullshit.
>>
>>84390316
The way i think about it is that people don't go to youtube to see the amazing technological interface, they go to see the media stars on it. New media is just like old media in that it's still media. There is very little difference for Media (the god) if the people are worshiping/idolizing Valentino or Milton Berle or Pewdiepie. She could appear as Fat Elvis or Alex Jones if she wanted.
>>
>>84384436
I enjoyed the stories though. Maybe evenly or more than the main plot so far.
>>
>>84385529
>Ian Mcshane almost looks like a granny lesbian
I don't know what your grandmother looks like anon but you might wanna see if she was your grandpa at some point. Or you're Polish.
>>
>>84385648
>does Shadow have downs syndrome or whats up?
they don't teach norse mythology in american schools. i'd also be surprised if shadow even graduated high school. he's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
>>
>>84386164
To be fair, Shadow's mom was some shade of brown, so him being black despite his Norse blood makes sense.
>>
>>84386350
I think they have to be able to visualise a god's physical form for them to manifest. Hence the lack of God or Mohammad - God as a human is just Jesus, and Mohammad isn't supposed to be pictured.
>>
>>84385937
>You'd have to be really into mythology or purposely Google it to know that Wednesday had to do with Odin
You genuinely cannot be serious
>>
>>84386198
Haven't you ever wondered why things are called what they're called though? Do you just accept reality more placidly than a dog?
>>
This show is fucking garbage
>>
>>84386096
>>84386198
Do American schools not have free reading time anymore? I remember the mythology books being the hottest shit. Everyone wanted to read those.
>>
File: IMG_1404.png (103KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.png
103KB, 1136x640px
>A gay, second generation scientologist creates a satanic TV show

>He releases the first episode on Walpurgis Nacht. Literally "witches night." An old pagan holiday that has become extremely important to modern satanists

>The show viciously mocks Christianity and only the Christian religion.

>Has a scene where a gay man has graphic sodomy with a demon

>Show is cursed with low ratings and bad reviews

>Starz spends $60 million to promote it

>Show is cringe worthy and awful

>Literally gets a 666 in the ratings

American Gods is cursed.
>>
>>84384240

What a let down of a show. You can tell the director or producer is a low T nu-male.

>DUDE FUCK AMERICA AND CHRISTIANITY AND SHIT: the TV show
>>
File: 1427681879271.gif (3MB, 380x230px) Image search: [Google]
1427681879271.gif
3MB, 380x230px
>Why do men like anal sex? Because women don't? Not like Ibrahim Bin Irem here does. He's got a button for that business so he likes getting his back door kicked in, but your kind of love, dead wife, is the grandest butt fuck of them all. You can love somebody even when you know they don't like it, even when you know they don't want it. There's some profound knowledge for you right there, wrapped up in a sexual metaphor.

And I still can't understand what the fuck does this means, what's the similarity between the anal sex metaphor and the love Zombie has for Shadow?
>>
File: agrt.png (17KB, 574x117px) Image search: [Google]
agrt.png
17KB, 574x117px
>>84391652
>>
>>84391835
Worse than Dear White People lmao
>>
>>84391835
>Implying RT matters when you blew 60 million to get the lowest ratings on Starz

Literally cursed
>>
File: kek awakens.gif (2MB, 651x483px) Image search: [Google]
kek awakens.gif
2MB, 651x483px
>>84389660
>>84389682
He was dead but now he's coming back since you can see the toad blinking and shit
Kek is about to either become a new god or usurp one of them
>>
Where is the god of poop?
>>
>he literally says his name is Wednesday
>Wedensday literally comes from Odin
How did people not immediately get this? Is the average person really this dumb? I was confused with the dramatic reveal because I thought this was already open knowledge.
>>
American Gods? More like American God Awful! This show fucking sucks.
>>
>>84391321
So people picture a twink with a gap tooth when they browse the web?

And some woman when watching tv?
>>
American Gods threads are not allowed on /tv/.
>>
Seriously where is the god of poop? It should exist according to the rules of this bullshit TV show
>>
>>84391813
if you're actually asking, then I'm sorry but this show might literally be 2deep4u, and it's not even deep

please don't be this stupid for your own sake it's one thing to meme but I worry for your future survival anon
>>
SHIT
H
O
W
>>
The fans of this show are all autistic fucktards. All three of them.
>>
>>84391766
It' always nice to have a confirmation that /pol/tards are the biggest plebs on this board.
>>
This show should also have a God of farts. People do literally billions of farts every single day
>>
>tfw no black god of murder
racis
>>
>>84392211
harsh. not all of /pol/ is from the containment general for reddit and underage
>>
>>84392211
This is the biggest pleb show on tv you pathetic pleb. You couldn't be any more of a pleb. This pleb shit was created by a pleb comic book writer.
>>
What about the god of toilet paper? It's surely far more important than media or the internet. The TP god should be one of the most powerful gods of all.
>>
This show was designed to appeal only to fags and women and neither of those groups are watching it.

In fact if you check the ratings it appears no one is watching it
>>
>>84392211
as if there was ever any doubt
>>
>>84389806
Yes
>>
>>84392347
I left it on one time to help me sleep. Worked like a charm.
>>
>>84392127
>>84392318
you're trying too hard, have a pity (You)
>>
>No god of poop

Completely unrealistic.
>>
>>84392392
No one has to try you pleb. According to the rules set forth by the book and the show things like a god of poop should exist.

Not only that the god of poopshould be one of the most powerful gods in the show.
>>
Pleb garbage written by some comic book fag
>>
The books were bad, the show is worse.
>>
>>84392447
stop pretending to be retarded on purpose, if you know the 'rules' of the show belief and sacrifice is required

nobody believes and prays to a god of poop

if we were to see such a god they wouldn't be in the show, since it's set in america, and it would be confined to some street in india.
>>
>>84392347
Woo, another one!
>>
>Created by a guy named Neil GAYman
>Dicks in every episode
>45 minute gay sex scene

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>84392517
You're an idiot. Taking a poop is one of the common, healthy and important things people do every day, far more important that consuming media or using the internet

The god of poop should exist according to the rules of this show. Deal with it.
>>
>>84392579
>god of poop
That would make this boring crap a lot more interesting
>>
>>84392579

But Anon the god of poop does exist on this show. Every time you watch it the show takes a giant dump on the audience.
>>
>>84392614
Bwahahahahaha!!! Ok, I can't top this.
>>
>>84388795
>>84388959
this is the first time I've ever been attracted to her. She looks weird in her other films but in this she looks normal and homely.
>>
The Laura Show was great. No really. I'm glad they made thise tire series about a detestable cunt who can't act. So happy she has the most screen time too. So glad I invested 8 hours of my life to see episode after episode featuring this horrid, unlikable cunt. What a treat.
>>
This show is great. It finds a new ridiculous way to shit the bed every 15 minutes
>>
>>84386550
>Vulcan, on the show, mentioned that Odin had once sacrificed himself and been reborn. I would imagine that was his previous incarnation.

Part of Odin's mythology is how he sacrificed himself, hanged himself from a tree 9 days, each day gaining knowledge of something. It was a reference to that.
>>
>>84385529
That picture of Wednesday looks just how one might expect Odin to look. I don't know where it originates or if that's too "on the nose" but McShane in the series looks like some kind of overweight fucking Eastern European/gypsy. Like his character looks like an Alfred Molina character. Whereas that artwork looks the part of Odin.
>>
>>84385896
>Scot-Gaelic for Odin
its old west germanic you imbecile
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.