[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There's only one white male main character in the show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: DS9_head.png (124KB, 700x220px) Image search: [Google]
DS9_head.png
124KB, 700x220px
>There's only one white male main character in the show
>None of the diversity feels forced and you don't even notice it until someone points it out to you

How did they do it?
>>
already a containment thread, trekfaggot.

Go be amazed at positively nothing there.
>>
>>84351312
Make every character just as equally unlikable.
>>
>>84351312
by writing characters and not filling in check boxes
>>
They weren't interested in virtue signaling as hard as they are now
>>
>>84351312
>How did they do it?
>you don't even notice it until someone points it out to you

You just answered your own question.
Black dude in charge is fine. Black dude in charge talking about how interesting it is that he's a black dude in charge is annoying, preachy and insulting.
>>
>>84351312

>actually trying to act like the polcucks infesting this board wouldn't be spamming the place with WE WUZ threads if DS9 came out today.
>>
People were already tuning out of Star Trek and couldn't care less.
>>
>>84351312
It's it because it didn't come out it the current year. Just look at how /pol/eddit is reacting to Discovery for pushing diversity as if that's some kind of new ground for Star Trek
>>
>Irish
>white
>>
>>84353496
Odo
>>
>>84353567
I assumed OP meant human. There are plenty of white ayylmaos in that show.
>>
>>84353471
so it's really just the lack of virtue signaling
>>
>>84351489
This

And Oh Yeah, /THREAD
>>
>>84352154
>Black dude in charge talking about how interesting it is that he's a black dude in charge
When has this ever happened? The problem doesn't come from the show itself, it comes from all those so-called journalists who cannot shut up about "check out this cool thing and all the representation it has."
>>
>>84353735
It's happening a lot now. In tv and movies.

Unlike the 60s when it was part of the story, now it's just "I'm a Black Man, Deal With it White Boi" and nothing more. It's meta virtue signaling.
>>
>>84351312
Because you didn't have the internet shrieking at every tiny hint of SJWs back then.

There is nothing about Discovery that has emphasized its diversity either. But as soon as /tv/ saw an Asian captain they lost their fucking minds about Trek kowtowing to the liberals, as if Trek hasn't always been pushing the progressive envelope.

They didn't "do" anything. You've just gotten more sensitive.
>>
>>84351312
The early episodes of Sisko's muh oppressed black man were pretty fucking noticeable. Glad that they toned that back quick.
>>
>>84353981
Actually, people are mad because the changed the ST formula of "no major long lasting conflict among the crew". And they said there wasn't enough females on the show even though the ones that are there are in charge.

And they changed the Klingons for no good reasons.
>>
>>84354008
This. It's like The Closer. Awesome show that had a few early "I am woman, hear me roar my feminism at you", but became good when they dropped that shit and wrote actual characters, not social commentaries with mouths.
>>
>>84353880

Can you name a show where this happens? Like not even literally, i get you're being hyperbolic but i can't think of one off the top of my dome.
>>
>>84354062
/tv/ complained for literally months about Discovery before any of that was a thing, pretty much solely because of the races of the cast.

>no major long last conflict among the crew
No conflicts between crew members hasn't been a rule of the show since TOS, and adding "long lasting" as an extra qualifier is just an easy way to ignore that.
>And they said there wasn't enough females on the show even though the ones that are there are in charge
Who said that? Some random people on the internet? Those people probably said the same thing about every other Trek series. Why the fuck do you suddenly care when its about Discovery?
>And they changed the Klingons for no good reasons.
They literally, LITERALLY, did this exact same thing when moving from TOS to TNG.

Get the fuck over yourself. YOU are what has changed between DS9 and Discovery. Real SJW pandering is annoying, but now /tv/ counts having a diverse cast as SJW pandering. You're just looking for reasons to bitch because you enjoy being offended.
>>
you were a kid and you didn't notice or care
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.