[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did a story about a man being mauled by a bear and seeking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

How did a story about a man being mauled by a bear and seeking revenge become pozzed with so much white guilt?
>giving Leonardo a Native American son just to make Tom Hardy look that much more evil and retarded, as if his character whining about 'tree niggers' and generally being a malicious coward every time we see him wasn't enough
>muh noble savage Indians giving a speech about how oppressed they are by the white man who they're trading with
>Leonardo makes a Native American friend who immedialy hangs himself with a sign that reads 'We are all savages'
>evil white dude who just rapes an Indian girl for no fucking reason right afterwards
They took a story that literally had fucking nothing to do with Indians and made their suffering the main focus of fucking everything.
>>
>>84347834
iƱarritu is a hack since forever
>>
>>84347834
welcome to (((hollywood))) goy
>>
>>84347834
It comes from the deep issue of overwhelming excess in capitalistic West. Everyone who spreads this sort of white guilt bullshit also tends to be higher in social hierarchy and has everything he could ever desire. The moment West brings itself down by raising hundreds of millions of useless leeches that know nothing but welfare is the moment things swing back into ruthless survival type thinking where you don't have time to think about those poor refugees or those poor natives. I'm not even mad, it's just natural rule of things.
>>
>>84347834
They cut out parts from actual history that would have been amazing when filmed.
>Left alone to die with no fuss.
>Lying on a rotting log to let maggots eat the necrotic flesh.
>Having a bearskin sewn to his fucking back instead bandages.
Not to mention all the dumb bullshit about Hugh Glass' son who never existed.
>a story that literally had fucking nothing to do with Indians
Wrong on that OP. The party Hugh Glass was with did get attacked by the Arikara, and I think that part is pretty integral to the plot.
But you're right that it glorifies the indians instead of going for a gray approach.
Mostly though the problem I have with Revenant is that there was too much made up which was never necessary.
The story as told by Glass is amazing enough to go straight to screen.
I don't get why any drama needed to be contrived into a story where a group of fur trappers is attacked by indians, a dude is mauled by a bear, kills it, is left for dead, lets maggots eat his flesh, eats carrion to survive, drags himself 200 miles, and has a fucking bearskin sewn to his fucking back!
There's your story!
Don't even get me started on the deus ex wawawa at the end with the indian king magically appearing to kill Fitzgerald.
In fact the whole movie after Glass reaches Fort Kiowa is a mess of pacing.
Then there's Fitzgerald whom Glass spared.
The film could have done a Chinatown and have Glass want to kill Fitzgerald and even invent a fight scene that never happened in history but have Fitzgerald remind him that he had joined the military, and killing him would instantly have him marked for death, Glass having to come to terms with that on his own.
What a waste.
>>
File: giphy.gif (479KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
479KB, 500x269px
>>84347981
Nice echoes, sheep.
You must feel clever repeating the same damn thing everyone else does like a mindless drone.
>>
>>84348168
>>
>>84348219
>>84348219
If you honestly think white guilt is a jewish plot for muh white genocide then there's no hope left for you
>>
>>84348277
To be honest whether he is right or wrong there is no hope for you either (assuming you're actually white). The moment blacks and spics take over USA is the moment you will be exiled from your home same way whites in RSA were.
>>
Tom Hardys character literally did nothing wrong.
Yea, he was an asshole, but his life was hard as fuck, and he had a job to do. It wasn't his responsibility to haul Decrappios lifeless ass the rest of the way home.
>>
>>84348305
Blacks and spic will never take over the US because one half will always be killing the other half, and when they get too rowdy then the military will have a nice big coon hunt.
But if it does come down to a race war then I'm pretty comfy here in TN with my guns and my family with guns and my friends and family's friends with guns.
>>
>>84347834
White guys did do quite a lot of horrible shit at the time though.
>>
>>84348168
those wacky wandering nomad foreigners accidentally get into so much trouble that results in the destruction of their host society :(.
>>
>>84348509
OK, but then if you want to tell that story, tell that story, not that it hasn't been told 100 times already by shitty Hollywood movies. But the aborted revenge of Glass against his comrades for abandoning him in the woods has fuck all to do with white guys being mean to Indians, so keep them out of it.
>>
>>84348509
Everyone did. It wasn't just specifically white people. Indians fucking scalped people for crying out loud. And not exclusively out of revenge but because they were trophies and there were bounties for them. It was a lot easier to carry a scalp than a head. And they didn't just start doing this because of something the "white man" did. They were doing this to each other for centuries long before any European showed up.
>>
>>84347834
>>Leonardo makes a Native American friend who immedialy hangs himself with a sign that reads 'We are all savages'
Hahahaha holy shit, this is the average /tv/ poster.
>>
>>84348305
>The moment blacks and spics take over USA is the moment you will be exiled from your home same way whites in RSA were.
They're being brought in to serve as a perpetual underclass.
>>
>>84347834
>>muh noble savage Indians
Weren't they the same Indians who brutally murdered everyone they happened upon?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.