[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anyone explain what the fuck just happened? This feel more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Lost-Higway-01.jpg (48KB, 398x590px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Higway-01.jpg
48KB, 398x590px
Would anyone explain what the fuck just happened? This feel more convoluted than Enemy or Bergman's Persona
>>
>>84342807
The whole story is Bill Pullman hiding from himself as he is being electrocuted in the chair for murder... its his mind creating excuses and fantasies to conceal the reality from himself that he is being held accountable for murdering his wife.
>>
>>84342807
Lynch's movies are not as complex as you think they are. you have to keep in mind he's trying to represent a character's emotional and mental state, not actual reality. with this in mind, Lost Highway is a pretty simple film about a man who lost his mind, murdered his wife and another man, then had a psychotic break and imagined another life to displace the blame from himself.
>>
>>84342807
The Dick Laurent is dead time loop has always fascinated me.
>>
>>84342807
Watch any interview where someone asks Lynch what his films mean. He always replies that he has no idea.

The meaning isn't the point, it's the feelings and thoughts that the film inspires in you despite the convoluted story.
>>
Being fooled into thinking Arquette's gumper smile is attractive is no reason to shitpost, anon.
>>
>>84342981
>He always says he has no idea.
All surrealist artists do this, it makes their works have more depth than they really have.
>>
I loved Mr. Eddie in traffic... we need more drivers like that

also mr. glass table corner through the forehead was pretty inventive.
>>
>>84343081
>depth than they really have.
you just missed the whole point... the depth in what YOU bring to it ... get it now? its a vehicle to plumb your own depths
>>
>>84342807
Its really not convoluted at all.

The whole movie is pretty obviously a metaphor for a single person. Each character is basically just one characteristic.

Its actually one of Lynches' best. Watch it again and read some analysis.
>>
>>84343004
>looking at her teeth
Nominal hetro, I have bad news ...
>>
>>84343081
Having depth doesn't necessarily equal being rational and intentional. Some artists think that an audience doesn't need to be fed a specific idea or meaning, that they can create their own if you give them something irrational to start with.
>>
>>84343214
>>84343004

You see the way her nipple was sloshing in that one scene though?
>>
>>84343277
I hate spoon-feeding cliche emote triggering popcornsalesmen..
>>
>>84342807
IT WAS JUST AN ENDLESS TIME LOOP
WASN'T THAT A CRAZY PLOT TWIST?
I MEAN IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE BUT AT LEAST THERE WAS A PLOT TWIST, RIGHT???
>>
>>84343277
Reddit:the post
>>
Lost Highway always seemed to be one of Lynch's more personal films
>>
One of my favourite Lynch Films desu.

If you understand/remember Bill Pullman's line "I like to remember things my own way". The actual narrative of the movie is pretty straightforward.
>>
Call me crazy.
But even Lynchs weirdest films make a kind of dream logic sense.
To me anyways.
They're actually not that hard to figure out
>>
>>84343107
>>84343277
Years ago, way back in high school I took an art class. After going over various art movements the teacher made us pick an artistic movement and try to emulate the style of the movement.

When everyone was about half-way through the teacher went around asking people what they had chosen. "Surrealist" was the reply for the vast majority of the class.

You see most people were basically drawing whatever the fuck they wanted, and picking the movement that could be defined by just about anything because it was as limited as the human imagination. All they needed to justify it was add in a bit of anti-logic which was easy enough.

That's the problem with surrealism, you can just throw a bunch of incoherent shit together and not have it mean jack shit, but you can pretend it does and deny any attempt to rationalize it and have people bending over backwards for you, the great surrealist artist.

It's virtually the same problem with post-modern "abstract" art.
>>
>>84342807
a guy on death row tries to dream himself away from his impending date with death but is very bad at it. death is inevidable.
>>
>>84345336
....so we meet again...
>>
>>84345392
>We meet again
Have we met?
>>
>>84345336
>public school and state college

how do you like living with mommy and daddy?
>>
>>84345412
>>84342914
>>
>>84345465
>>84344486
>>
>>84345465
>He wasn't trying to reenact the phone call scene from this very movie
Also, not me.
>>
>>84345412
at your house, don't you remember?
>>
>>84345426
>muh University
>muh STEM
>>
>>84345554
No, No I don't.
>>
>>84345554
Are you sure?
>>
File: 14986549876.jpg (3MB, 2078x3182px) Image search: [Google]
14986549876.jpg
3MB, 2078x3182px
Lost Highway and Blue Velvet are Lynch's only tolerable films. If he didn't have crippling autism, he would have definitely won an Oscar by now.
>>
>>84345660
He won a Palme D'Or which is regarded higher than Oscars
>>
>>84346058
that used to be saying soemthing.
>>
This film was inspired by OJ Simpson
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.