[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Hollywood continually adapting anime into live action films,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1491462666906.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491462666906.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
With Hollywood continually adapting anime into live action films, who will play him in the inevitable live action film?
>>
>>84330914
Probably a nigger
>>
>>84330940
AY YO
*SMACKS LIPS*
WE WUZ CLOWNS N SHIIIEEETTT
*HITS BLUNT*
MY NEN BE LIKE DAT MOTHERFUCKIN RUBBER AND GLUE NAWMEAN?
>>
Some garbage meme actor that the upvote /v/eddit groupthink likes
>>
>>84330914
Shit tier show, kys
>>
has the manga even ended after like two decades
>>
>>84331129
Sorry it doesn't have enough little girls for your taste faggot.
>>
Hollywood would never have the balls to do it. They like safe consistent characters, even when the character is violently mad they are consistently violently mad. Hisoka is a cold blooded person, and there's no sympathy about him because he's not mad, he knows exactly what he's doing. Same with many of the characters in HxH, all their human flaws and dissonances are laid bare to see in all their ugliness and a normie audience couldn't handle it.

Not to mention the Chimera Ant arc, there's no way they'd buy it.
>>
MOM'S
GONNA
FREAK
>>
Who?
>>
>>84331190
Its actually full of little boys. You gigantic faggot
>>
O
>>
what did you guys thinnk of the new chapter?
O
MY
MIDDLE
CHAIN
>>
>>84331305
Even though they'd butcher it, I'd go see a HxH movie if it ever got a Hollywood adaptation. A movie based off the Hunter exam could be pretty good if handled correctly. Hollywood would definitely butcher it by turning Killua into a street smart black kid from the hood and making Kurapika into a tough Tomboy who constantly beats the boys at all tasks while making quips about the patriarchy.
>>
>>84331190
It has more fan service tier shit than anything I watch, apply yourself
>>
File: 1.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
Cillian Murphy
>>
>>84331159
It's not called hiatus x hiatus for nothing
>>
>>84331564

It'd be so alien you probably wouldn't recognize it. Although turning Killua black could even be considered racism itself since he's clearly their equivalent of Chinese. HxH is too inconsistent for them to adapt, one minute its childishly innocent next minute people are being tortured or children are being eaten. You market it towards kids, and you make a big mistake because it goes from being about a boy and his fishing rod into the mafia and what would happen if ants regarded humans as ants. You market it towards adults and it won't appeal to them until later on.
>>
>>84331920
That...That would actually be a good casting.
>>
O MY BIG GUY NEN
>>
>>84331970
>Killua is meant to be chinese

I've never noticed this, is this evident in the anime or just the manga?
>>
>>84331363
MY
>>
>>84332211
In the anime he is referred to as "the slant eyed kid". Not sure if that relates to his ethnicity.
>>
>>84331305
The Chimera ant concept would be good for a stand alone sci-fi, namely the idea that this gene assimilating species was never meant to consume humans.
>>
>With Hollywood continually adapting anime into live action films
Continually? What was the last one they did before GitS? Dragon Ball Evolution?
>>
>>84332211

No, there's frequent references towards his slanted eyes. On its own that's enough to regard him any type of East Asian, but his families dress sense and just their general culture (motifs of dragons and oriental furniture) would point toward Chinese.

>>84332301

I think it might seem a bit to Planet of the Apes though for a normie audience, never realizing that the entire point of the Chimera Ant arc was to show off the brutality of humans and why we're the sickest species on the planet.
>>
>>84332382
Do japanese people use 'slant eyes' as an insult toward other asians? Have they not looked in the mirror?
>>
>>84332234
RUBBER
>>
>>84332445
Japs genuinely think theyre white
>>
>draw a loli
>call it a granny
>it's actually a meat head
>>
>>84332463
NEN
>>
>>84332382
I never really got that from the chimera ant arc.
It was strangely positive about the humans. All of the chimera ants with a large amount of human dna were capable of love/forgiveness/bravery/other anime emotions.
>>
no one.

shits gay.
>>
>>84332646
Bet you can't wait for the Rick and Morty movie though, right? WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!
>>
HxH is GOAT and i'd recommend it to anyone who ISN'T an anime fan
>>
O
>>
>>84332562

It is subtle until the end. This interpretation not fact BTW, but the way Netero changed from the jolly, naive, powerful old man into a formidable violent person who regrets he's not able enact his violence on others at the end followed by the bomb drives it home to me.

The Chimera Ants, in all their brutality, are just animals until they start to get human emotion and they change. In a few generations they learned empathy. On the other side however, when he's about to kill Murium, Netero projects an aura that makes even him, an unfeeling monster afraid and says after Murium mused that hmans "cannot evolve" that he should "never underestimate the evolution of humanity" and blows himself up with a nuclear weapon, implying that human intelligence, individuality and technology is far more powerful and dangerous than the ants could ever have made.

It only only took one cheap dirty nuclear weapon to annihilate an entire species, and lets not forget the Chimera Ant issue was only localized to a small dictator state, not the entire globe. I think it implies that even small fry human technology (or evolution as Netero put it) is incredibly powerful and that even though some animals may be able to evolve and enhance themselves and wrought destruction through fast evolution, they'll never match the evolution we can augment for ourselves through technology and intelligence.
>>
>>84332771
This. I don't consider myself an anime fan, but HxH hooked me in almost immediately.
>>
>>84330914
classic paul dano
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.