[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Batman Returns the best live action Batman film? http://w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Is Batman Returns the best live action Batman film?
http://www.cbr.com/the-15-biggest-plot-holes-in-batman-movies/
>>
No, its by far the worst

Devito's performance is so over the top and combined with his incredibly campy makeup it comes off as a really bad performance.

Keaton gives a great performance, and is realyl a good fit for Batman, but penguin takes up so much more of the screentime

Pfeiffer is probably the biggest redeeming factor of this movie, but is it worth it??

Tim Burton understood the allure of Batman well, I think he was a good pick for the franchise and definitely played a part in the idea of "dark superhero movies" thats like every superhero movie now.

but this movie fucking sucks
>>
>>84322979
Marveldrone fuck off.
>>
>>84322738

i go with the first batman from burton, but i might have my nostalgia goggles on.

i can remember seeing batman returns in the drive in with my parents and sister. got to lay down in the back of the family station wagon in my pajamas.

>tfw it will never be early 90's again.
>>
>>84322738
>boy however can I stand out and be a special snowflake?
>I know, I'll be a contrarian retard faggot on an anonymous japanese cartoon image board
Fuck off.
>>
>>84322979
>Tim Burton understood the allure of Batman well, I think he was a good pick for the franchise

Tim "everyone who knows me knows that I would never read a comic book" Burton had the same disease as Nolan - he thought he was above the source material. Nolan used Batman to do his Howard Hughes wankfest and to play with IMAX cameras, Burton used Batman to make his big budget dark fantasy sex shit. Neither of them really cared about making a good Batman film once the studio let them free. Even Joel Schumacher filled his second film with his gay stuff after the studio gave him full creative control because of Batman Forever's success. I think WB should keep Reeves on a VERY tight leash during his collaboration with Batfleck.

But yeah, Batman Begins is the best live action Batman film ever in my honest opinion.
>>
>>84325726
fuck off manbaby comics are for kids
>>
Test
>>
>>84322738
Yes.
Burton's Batman films are among the very few watchable superhero movies in general.
>>
I think Batman Returns is probably the best Batman film ever made.

Consider simply the feminist perspective. Selina Kyle in Returns is a fully fleshed three dimensional character, going from being a submissive goody two-shoes, to total sadistic bitch, that by the end, is so conflicted as a character, she cannot really live with herself and her feminist individuality in any kind of a content manner, even though Bruce Wayne is offering her literally EVERYTHING.

Meanwhile in Dark Knight Rises, the same character is reduced to a one dimensional "feminist" character of "me too, I can be like guys too", where she's basically doing the same shit Batman is, and that's supposed to be feminist, showing how "strong" she is and "equal", which is horseshit, as she is is filled with moral turpitude, and completely incompatible with Wayne.
>>
File: BATMANMOTP-ALT.jpg (154KB, 630x1008px) Image search: [Google]
BATMANMOTP-ALT.jpg
154KB, 630x1008px
>>84326972
>>
>>84325726
Comics are for children. Grow up, sperg.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.